Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model (28262 Views)

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? / Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For? / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Continue deceiving yourself. I said show me your favorite video let me watch. Leave the story and pick one you feel is convincing.

I am not ready to waste time watching obvious lies. So pick one of the lying video that convinced you. Simple.
Why wouldnt you remain ignorant when you have no time nor data to watch 30 minutes clip. Now, I can forgive the multiples of ignorance I witness here. Lazy people everywhere.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by musicwriter(m): 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:
Forget Everything that Geography taught you about the Solar System Model. Forget that model you have in your head, Earth Revolves around the Sun, but not really in the fashion shown on books.

I will present a common-sense model that makes perfect sense.

We are special, we are a crown jewelry of the Milky-Way Galaxy of this Universe.

Stay Tuned!

The earth is round bro, but you don't just understand how. Truth is many people don't.

It's more like people living on the surface of your melon NOT inside!. Of course, the earth is so big that you can't see or feel the curvature, unless you are looking at the whole from space.

Imagine a football as big as Nigeria. Someone living on the surface of the ball will not realize its actually round because of the sheer size, unless he fly up in the sky to look back at Nigeria as a whole. That's exactly how the earth is.

Here is a video of our rotating earth taken from the International space station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG90YYHCSeA&itct

Live streaming of earth by NASA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzMQza8xZCc&itct

These are real rotating earth showing clearly the earth is round.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:
Why wouldnt you remain ignorant when you have no time nor data to watch 30 minutes clip. Now, I can forgive the multiples of ignorance I witness here. Lazy people everywhere.

Stop dribbling yourself like Messi. Show me the convincing clip. Just provide the link. Why are you scared?

2 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Bellfun(m): 12:03am On Jan 07, 2017
Edenoscar:

Prove it or i'll take you as one of those numerous conspiracy theorist

The moment i hear words like...
NASA,
Trump, (mixing politics and science)
Antarctica...
Flat Earth...

I know say na dem...now tell them to bring out proofs, they'll say 'government cover ups"

.taaaaa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06am On Jan 07, 2017
Bellfun:

NASA,
Antarctica...
Flat Earth...

I know say na dem...now tell them to bring out proofs, they'll say 'government cover ups"

.taaaaa

The one that fears me is the view of space is Hologram
. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Bellfun(m): 12:14am On Jan 07, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The one that fears me is the view of space is Hologram
. grin

Na you dey mind the guy!

And he resorts to abuse and insults once his supposed "researches" are trashed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 07, 2017
Bellfun:

NASA,
Antarctica...
Flat Earth...

.taaaaa
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 07, 2017
musicwriter:

The earth is round bro, but you don't just understand how. Truth is many people don't.

It's more like people living on the surface of your melon NOT inside!. Of course, the earth is so big that you can't see or feel the curvature, unless you are looking at the whole from space.

Imagine a football as big as Nigeria. Someone living on the surface of the ball will not realize its actually round because of the sheer size, unless he fly up in the sky to look back at Nigeria as a whole. That's exactly how the earth is.

Here is a video of our rotating earth taken from the International space station.

That video shows a round mirage of Earth's Atmosphere, How does atmosphere, which is visually seen as dome shape denote the Earth surface we walk on. I dont understand if you guys dont get it. If you see a planet looking like a bubble, with ionosphere, does it meant the surface we walk on is round ?

There is no single video of Earth with mountains showing and trees showing. All you show there is atmosphere of Earth. If that was surface of Earth you would have seen Mount Everest.

The videos are sharp contrast of the pictorial depiction of Earth. The Videos clearly show bubble Earth's atmosphere. If you consider our atmosphere as surface of Earth, then where is Mt Everest, where are the Oceans. What you see there is dome shaped Atmosphere. We live under the Atmosphere on the Flat surface with Oceans, Mountains and trees on flat surface.

I wonder why its too difficult for you guys to even understand the video. We live under that Atmosphere, under the condensed Water vapor. Na wa o

If that is the Video of Earth surface, then where is the Atmosphere ? Guy you are smart naw. Where is the Atmosphere if that is your Earth crust ? THE ATMOSPHERE AND CONDENSE WATER VAPOUR IS THE DOME SHAPE YOU SEE.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2017
If you're a civil engineer and have dealt with calculations that take the curvature of the earth into account when constructing roads, I think that alone is enough for you to rubbish the flat earth conspiracy. A lot of pseudoscientists on YouTube with their 'god' Eric Dubay making Google Adsense money off of them. Even the man himself has stated before that he doesn't really believe in what he's saying. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 07, 2017
AnonyNymous:
If you're a civil engineer and have dealt with calculations that take the curvature of the earth into account when constructing roads, I think that alone is enough for you to rubbish the flat earth conspiracy. A lot of pseudoscientists on YouTube with their 'god' Eric Dubay making Google Adsense money off of them. Even the man himself has stated before that he doesn't really believe in what he's saying. Lol.

You need to pay attention to my assetions. Not a single person here seems to get it. The Videos we see here clearly depicts the Atmosphere with water vapor on the clouds looking like dome shape. That is NOT surface of the Earth. if it is Surface of Earth, show me the Atmosphere. I think the science programming is too strong that a lot of people cant even see something and explain the truth. Where is the HARD SOLID EARTH CRUST ? What you see is ATMOSPHERE from Space. NOT Surface of Earth with trees, moutains, valleys, oceans etc. We live on a FLAT Earth with dome shaped Atmosphere. FULL STOP.

And by the way, it is not the Earth moving there, it is the Satellite moving on the orbit. I hope someone is not going to say its the Earth moving, its satellite moving in orbit and where ever it moves, the atmosphere seems exactly dome-shaped. EARTH surface is flat. I keep explaining and even the videos you guys provide proves my postulation.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by khaynoni(m): 1:17am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Your last line sounds like laziness. You said the fact was established some hundreds of years ago. I know the scientist that designed the globe model, his work was published the day he died. He probably wanted not be questioned that was why he kept the journal till he died.

The scientific community picked it up and celebrated it just like celebrating Pluto as a planet before it was known not to be true. Just like stating we have 3 States of Matter when we clearly have seen 15 States of matter at the moment.

If you were told when you were 6 yrs old that Earth is round and you will believe that notion at 40 without fact-checking what does that make you ? Will you just swallow everything you are told because a Scientist say so ? Well, I am a scientist, this is what I studied in the University and I can tell you its a lie. If you did not study Astronomy, Astrophysics,Quantum mechanics, Advanced Physics, well, I did. And I am telling you that the 'truth' we have been taught is a lie.

Even if you want to use the current Big Bang model and study the Micro Wave Background in the cosmos using the flat earth model, everything checks out, but using the globe model, scientist are still trying to pitch together the String Theory to understand the origin of the universe. Well, I know it now.

smh
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 07, 2017
Astronomy made us feel like we are walking on a hard spherical surface when it is a flat surface with spherical atmosphere. And even when we are looking at the sky, we can see the dome shaped atmosphere. From the International Space Station (ISS), we can see the same dome shaped atmosphere yet you guys dont still seem to get it. How bad can it get ? This lies cant get worse, when grown up people see clear videos and still cant figure out that they have been lied to all along.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by musicwriter(m): 1:26am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:
That video shows a round mirage of Earth's Atmosphere, How does atmosphere, which is visually seen as dome shape denote the Earth surface we walk on. I dont understand if you guys dont get it. If you see a planet looking like a bubble, with ionosphere, does it meant the surface we walk on is round ?

There is no single video of Earth with mountains showing and trees showing. All you show there is atmosphere of Earth. If that was surface of Earth you would have seen Mount Everest.

The videos are sharp contrast of the pictorial depiction of Earth. The Videos clearly show bubble Earth's atmosphere. If you consider our atmosphere as surface of Earth, then where is Mt Everest, where are the Oceans. What you see there is dome shaped Atmosphere. We live under the Atmosphere on the Flat surface with Oceans, Mountains and trees on flat surface.

I wonder why its too difficult for you guys to even understand the video. We live under that Atmosphere, under the condensed Water vapor. Na wa o

If that is the Video of Earth surface, then where is the Atmosphere ? Guy you are smart naw. Where is the Atmosphere if that is your Earth crust ? THE ATMOSPHERE AND CONDENSE WATER VAPOUR IS THE DOME SHAPE YOU SEE.

Here are few practical examples to prove roundness.

(1). If you go to a beach and watch a ship coming, you'll not see the whole ship at once. You'll only see the upper deck and the flag on top of the ship. The closer the ship sail towards you, the more you'll see the lower deck. If the earth was flat you'll see an oncoming ship at once.

(2). The reason we receive more sunlight in Nigerian than say Russia is because in Nigeria we live on a part of the earth known as the equator, which is a point where the earth's curvature is higher than Russia. We are higher on the earth's surface than Russia. The sahara desert is even higher than Nigeria. In South America; I think in Peru, they're so high and close to the sky that NASA have some installations there for blast-off and planetry observation. If the earth was flat no part of the world will receive more sunshine, and they'll have been no need for NASA to travel all the way from America to Peru to perform some tasks.
Why going to Peru?

(3). Night and day arise because the earth's curvatures prevent sunlight reaching the whole world at once. If the earth was flat there'll be no time differences. You can actually verify this yourself by focusing light on a big round object.

4 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 07, 2017
musicwriter:

Here are few practical examples to prove roundness.

(1). If you go to a beach and watch a ship coming, you'll not see the whole ship at once. You'll only see the upper deck and the flag on top of the ship. The closer the ship sail towards you, the more you'll see the lower deck. If the earth was flat you'll see an oncoming ship at once.

(2). The reason we receive more sunlight in Nigerian than say Russia is because in Nigeria we live on a part of the earth known as the equator, which is a point where the earth's curvature is higher than Russia. We are higher on the earth's surface than Russia. The sahara desert is even higher than Nigeria.In South America; I think in Peru, they're so high and close to the sky that NASA have some installations there for blast-off and planetry observation. If the earth was flat no part of the world will receive more sunshine, and they'll have been no need for NASA to travel all the way to Peru to peeform some tasks.

(3). Night and day arise because the earth's curvatures prevent sunlight reaching the whole world at once. If the earth was flat there'll be no time differences. You can actually verify this yourself by focusing light on a big round object.

I used to think so my brother, thanks for writing in. If you followed up my posts, I actually explained that I own a telescope and I live close to Atlantic ocean, just 3 minutes drive. I have viewed ship upon ship from the Ocean that seem to disappear, its just our line of sight, using telescope the ship is on the flat surface. Its not curved, its optical illusion. Find time to watch the Flat Earth video, all those are explained.

Regarding Russia and Night and Day, same has been explained, The surface of the Earth is almost on the same level except for valleys and mountains. The thing is, it is our atmosphere that seems spherical. It is the same when you view the Earth from ISS. The dome shape you see is the atmosphere, you can actually see the water vapor. We are not living on top of the water vapour, we live under it. Looking at the sky from Earth, you will see the cloud, looking at Earth from Space, you will see same cloud. So, from space, it is safe to say, we live under the atmosphere on a flat surface while the atmosphere looks like a dome. But the Earth surface, the hard surface we live on, is flat. It is the atmosphere or the horizon that looks curved or dome shaped.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 07, 2017
This is Life Video of Earth From International Space Station. It is Live! As we type this.

You will clearly see that the dome or ball shape is the atmosphere. And we do not live on the atmosphere. We can see the atmosphere from where we live on the flat surface.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by musicwriter(m): 1:42am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

I used to think so my brother, thanks for writing in. If you followed up my posts, I actually explained that I own a telescope and I live close to Atlantic ocean, just 3 minutes drive. I have viewed ship upon ship from the Ocean that seem to disappear, its just our line of sight, using telescope the ship is on the flat surface. Its not curved, its optical illusion. Find time to watch the Flat Earth video, all those are explained.

Regarding Russia and Night and Day, same has been explained, The surface of the Earth is almost on the same level except for valleys and mountains. The thing is, it is our atmosphere that seems spherical. It is the same when you view the Earth from ISS. The dome shape you see is the atmosphere, you can actually see the water vapor. We are not living on top of the water vapour, we live under it. Looking at the sky from Earth, you will see the cloud, looking at Earth from Space, you will see same cloud. So, from space, it is safe to say, we live under the atmosphere on a flat surface while the atmosphere looks like a dome. But the Earth surface, the hard surface we live on, is flat. It is the atmosphere or the horizon that looks curved or dome shaped.

Already did that at a beach and had a different result.

Well, this seems to be a matter of faith for you not science. If so, there's no need arguing on issues of faith as its usually unecessary. Everybody have right to believe whatever they want.

Good night.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by edogho(m): 4:20am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

That is a good point, but at altitude of 33,000KM, I am supposed to seek curvatures. There is no curve, what you see is atmosphere. Firmament, which is a result of optical illusion. Take a good zoom camera or telecom and zoom it, you will see farther down. Its flat except for trees, houses, mountains and valleys.

Are we going to believe the Earth is round because science says so, even though we can touch, walk on, and see a very flat surface from here to South Africa ? From here to Afghanistan ? From here to Russia and from here to Australia ? Where then is the curvature ? Oh, the Ocean is there curvature yet Ocean doesnt spill over into deep space ? Oh Gravity. That absolute nonsense. Gravity is the weakest universal force. Infact, I do not believe gravity exists. The planet is flat, rotates like Compac Disc surface, very slow, and sun sun covers 360 degrees of the flat surface in 24hrs. Casting light and shadows as it turns around the surface of the round shaped flat surfaced Earth , just like the old turn-table player, that the needle plays tunes why the disk rotates.

Now me thinks I understand what you're saying. nice one @bolded.
Keep on posting your researches, they're mind blowing.

You didn't answer my last question tho... and please don't ask me to go figure it out.
Any ideas on what lies beyond Antarctica hence the ban?
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire
Does this mean that both the Atlantic and Pacific ocean are on the flat surface? Then does it mean airlines cannot travel from the West of America to Korea or Japan unless they pass over Africa and Europe? They do undecided

Photo: Air ways between Asia and America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2017
This is a question that has been asked for many years, and there are some very intuitive, and some not-so-intuitive answers.

To start with... there's a horizon, meaning that the surface that one is observing from is not an infinite plane. On the clearest of days, the only restriction to one's range of sight is the horizon. There can be two explanations for this - one, that the Earth at some point just stops, as if you were looking off the edge of a table. The other is that the Earth is round. Hundreds of years ago, before the invention of the compass or sextant, precise navigation for ships was difficult, even with the stars. Ships that ventured past sight of land were often lost, and thus it was generally believed that the world simply *stopped* at the end of the horizon. With the invention of the compass, and improved map-making, people began to dare more, and with the return of Columbus from his trans-Atlantic voyage, the concept of the Earth as flat was shattered.

Further proof of the Earth being round came after the voyage of Columbus. When Newton discovered and measured the force of gravity, that number could then be tested anywhere the theory was known. Since the force of gravity is roughly the same everywhere on the globe, it could be surmised that the Earth must be spherical. If the Earth were not round, whole hemispheres would have different atmospheric pressure and significantly different sea levels.

Also, pictures taken of the Earth in the last 50 years have proved absolutely conclusively that the Earth is round. These are just the arguments that don't require much physics knowledge to explain, there are others that are more technical, but I think that the simplest arguments are the best.
Answered by: Frank DiBonaventuro, B.S., Physics grad, The Citadel, Air Force officer

http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae535.cfm
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2017
Circumnavigation of the globe

The first direct demonstration of Earth's sphericity came in the form of the first circumnavigation in history, an expedition captained by Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan.

The expedition was financed by the Spanish Crown. On August 10, 1519, the five ships under Magellan's command departed from Seville. They crossed the Atlantic Ocean, passed through what is now called the Strait of Magellan, crossed the Pacific, and arrived in Cebu, where Magellan was killed by Philippine natives in a battle.

His second in command, the Spaniard Juan Sebastián Elcano, continued the expedition and, on September 6, 1522, arrived at Seville, completing the circumnavigation. Charles I of Spain, in recognition of his feat, gave Elcano a coat of arms with the motto Primus circumdedisti me (in Latin, "You went around me first"wink.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by realmindz: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

If you follow my threads, you will know that I am a core research scientist with competence in Astro-Physics and major in metaphysics. I know Geography but this is beyond Geography of landscape, much of the Geography of space is what science presented to Geographers. Geographers dont go to space. It is astronauts. So, the gist is that the model we have been taught for ages IS A LIE or Government intentionally lied to us. Listen, today I realize why the entire establishment never wanted Trump's Presidency. Trump knows Earth is shaped like half of a water melon. The earth rolls clock-wise, pulling all planets, the sun, the moon and the entire atmospere along with it.

Trust me, look at the wall at your home. The cracks are always in such a way that the house and by large Earth is rotating clockwise. Look the night sky, the cloud is moving in such a way that it shows our Earth is spinning clockwise. The Earth is the Center of the Universe even with our naked eyes.

Regarding the Ocean surface curvature, I have a telescope, you can buy one at Konga for 50k, then go to the beach, by the way, I own a house on beach of the Atlantic Ocean at Lekki peninsular. I have observed the ocean and I see no curve. The curvature you see with naked eye disappear with telescope. Its end of your line of sight. Its all lies. The Earth is nucleus all other revolves around it like electrons. It makes more sense cos even if you look at the cosmic microwave radiation background is is everywhere in the universe and science doesnt know the center and they say Earth is nothing great, that we are mere nothingas humans. Well, Bible states very well that Earth is center of universe and sun moves around it. And we even say, "when sun goes down"

Earth is center of the universe, crown jewelry of the universe. Christianity scores big here. Visualize the half of water mellon, with mountains on the flat surface, trees, houses. The planets and the sun around it at varying distances. Thats where we are. We are special, Humans are special creation.

Do you know the size of the sun compared to earth?

Using mathematics not even physics.
If the earth is flat as u have said, and the sun revolves round the earth., with the size of the sun compared to earth, irrespective of the position of the sun at any time of the day, he whole of earth will experience day and night at the same time and there won't be time difference.

Your theory will only work if the sun is significantly smaller in size than the earth

Imagine cutting an orange into two halves and shining a floodlight on the flat surface, and u think some part of it will remain dark??

Please review your theory
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Mightyraw(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2017
cutiedave:

God bless u bro...1k likes
No practical proof to prove his idea....so he thinks we should just erase a knowledge that has been tested and acclaimed fact by renowned scientists because you THINK it might b wrong(note-i used the word think bcuz he have not provided any practical evidence that the earth is flat)..

Imagine a person coming to claim the earth is flat in this century, yet he dident tell us the xperiments, methodology and resources he used in proving such ideas...even pictures of himself working he no gree post...or is he telling me he arrived at such a huge conclusion from his bedroom in lekki grin...

These guys would just read stuffs on the NET nd think they have done a research...

Well i dnt wanna agree with d guys assuption, buh somtin is wrong with d geography we were tot
Are u a geography student,
Do u remember ss1 wen we started geography , so the told us the earth was spherical, one of thE evidence been that One captian Ferdinand( i dnt remb his other name) sailed across the Atlantic ,,
Nd he was assuming the ship will fall off But hell no the ship arrived at the sma e point they sailed, confirming the earth was spherical,
U knw wat, dis gat me Confused asin i was to chicken to riase mah hand in class Nd i neva gat the answer till date
Like hw the Bleep did they sail on the Spherical surface nd nt fall off sef
LetS assume the earth to be a circle Hanging in air, 360 degree Ryt, so Ferdinand started sailin north zero degree then it Goes round the circle 180 degrees, will u agree with That (1) fErdinand is now at south
(2)Ferdinand ship Is inverted
(3)ferdinand is hanging in air, since its nah on the surface its only holding on to the surface with its legs, or the ship bottom like a bat
With these i guess u shud agree with me that if the earth eas spherical, ferdindand will still fall off

So broda i think geography lied to us
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by cutiedave(m): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2017
Mightyraw:

Well i dnt wanna agree with d guys assuption, buh somtin is wrong with d geography we were tot
Are u a geography student,
Do u remember ss1 wen we started geography , so the told us the earth was spherical, one of thE evidence been that One captian Ferdinand( i dnt remb his other name) sailed across the Atlantic ,,
Nd he was assuming the ship will fall off But hell no the ship arrived at the sma e point they sailed, confirming the earth was spherical,
U knw wat, dis gat me Confused asin i was to chicken to riase mah hand in class Nd i neva gat the answer till date
Like hw the Bleep did they sail on the Spherical surface nd nt fall off sef
LetS assume the earth to be a circle Hanging in air, 360 degree Ryt, so Ferdinand started sailin north zero degree then it Goes round the circle 180 degrees, will u agree with That (1) fErdinand is now at south
(2)Ferdinand ship Is inverted
(3)ferdinand is hanging in air, since its nah on the surface its only holding on to the surface with its legs, or the ship bottom like a bat
With these i guess u shud agree with me that if the earth eas spherical, ferdindand will still fall off

So broda i think geography lied to us
Nice obsevation bro....bt dere are some things i would like to point out...
Firstly the earth is not sherical bt GEOID in shape ss1 geography...

Secondly apart from gravity pulling down everything with mass to the surface of the earth, there is also a force of attraction between the earth(which has a mass) and every other object with mass on the surface of the earth...
Gravity plays a very important role in all this...in the case of the sailor, i would like to illustrate with dis...imagine a big metal ball with u walking around with a magnetic shoe....its quite impossible for u to fall off and remember we are all in motion relative to the motion of the earth...

Some might want to argue on why we dont feel d curvature, bt am sure u would agree that the ship is just like a small pin on a ball(earth) moving at a speed far lower than the speed of the earth rotation, and coupled with the effect of gravity, u would definitely not fell this curvature...just think about it...i cant xplain here

Billonaira once underestimated the force of gravity...dats where he missed it all....
Am sure he agrees the the earth is in constant motion...den tell me how we in the earth do not feel this motion...if u can understand this, u would understand the force of gravity and how important and powerful it is...

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by rhektor(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:
Look at this model. This model says, that Oceans divide what we call Continents that there is an unknown vastness of deep which you cant get to the end, deep means something bigger than oceans.

Dont believe, just think.

This model of yours is the most ridiculous, the sun and the moon standing on the same line? Like seriously, what then causes eclipse? Why then do we have day and night? Infact there would not be a reason for the moon as there would be no night according to your Silly Billy model

Lalasticlala
Omenka
Seun
Et all
Come and see something

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by rhektor(m): 9:01am On Jan 07, 2017
musicwriter:

I bet you Silly Billy won't like this
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by rhektor(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

HaHard working Billy is it too much for him to ask you since you are versatile?
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by rhektor(m): 9:05am On Jan 07, 2017
realmindz:

Do you know the size of the sun compared to earth?

Using mathematics not even physics.
If the earth is flat as u have said, and the sun revolves round the earth., with the size of the sun compared to earth, irrespective of the position of the sun at any time of the day, he whole of earth will experience day and night at the same time and there won't be time difference.

Your theory will only work if the sun is significantly smaller in size than the earth

Imagine cutting an orange into two halves and shining a floodlight on the flight surface, and u think some part of it will remain dark??

Please review your theory

Silly Billy don't see this coming
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by rhektor(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

You need to pay attention to my assetions. Not a single person here seems to get it. The Videos we see here clearly depicts the Atmosphere with water vapor on the clouds looking like dome shape. That is NOT surface of the Earth. if it is Surface of Earth, show me the Atmosphere. I think the science programming is too strong that a lot of people cant even see something and explain the truth. Where is the HARD SOLID EARTH CRUST ? What you see is ATMOSPHERE from Space. NOT Surface of Earth with trees, moutains, valleys, oceans etc. We live on a FLAT Earth with dome shaped Atmosphere. FULL STOP.

And by the way, it is not the Earth moving there, it is the Satellite moving on the orbit. I hope someone is not going to say its the Earth moving, its satellite moving in orbit and where ever it moves, the atmosphere seems exactly dome-shaped. EARTH surface is flat. I keep explaining and even the videos you guys provide proves my postulation.

Why should there be a dome shaped atmosphere for a flat earth and the some shaped atmosphere won't touch the earth? Are for real? OMG this guy is brainwashed by some unknown elements. Someone please call 676 or 122 my friend Billy needs help
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by DrayZee: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2017
Lol. I think this Billy.onaire guy is just out to see how gullible people can be when challenged with facts that seem like well thought out ideas. In some people's bid to be out of the ordinary, they will believe anything they hear including bullshit like this, as long as it is contrary to the more popular opinion.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by realmindz: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2017
@ Billyonaire, seriously?

You bringing up an argument that skyscrapers falling off or people not seeing the curvature??

Are u seriously making this argument, don't let down the much respect I've had for you in your knowledge of science and the universe.

This is totally unacceptable

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by realmindz: 9:40am On Jan 07, 2017
Billyonaire, the sun revolves round the earth and we have seasons?

The earth is flat and we have differences in climate? why are the polar regions freezing cold and the equator warm?

Your half melon theory is amazing, the earth's flat surface facing up....facing up to where

where is up and where is down in this gigantic universe, you know up/down is relative, don't you??

where is your knowledge of the cosmos, the universe??

And why is the bottom half not falling?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Baby Delivered In Moremi Hall Toilet, OAU Clocks Four Today / Adènipèkun Harmony Lies On The Ground For His Mother, As He's Called To Bar / Profile Of Professor Kayode Adebowale VC Of University Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.