Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry (35598 Views)

Some Women Don't Have Sense / 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women / Things People Experience After Marriage And Never Want Unmarried To Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
Not a bad idea to remain single for life smiley
Toks2008:

Judging from what marriage really is...you can never be ready for it except you are determined to face it head on...or you kuku remain single for life.
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by bukatyne(f): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
NairalandDSS:
Many modern women are not in a hurry to get into marriage. They realised that there are so many interesting things to do in life apart from starting a family.In a survey, some women expressed their opinions on marriage and explained why they would like to postpone it until they are totally okay to get into such a relationship.Here are some reasons why some women never want to marry.

Reasons why some women never want to marry are:

1.Most of the married couples aren’t happy. And this made some of us perceive marriage as a suffocated relationship which causes pain for the rest of the life. On the top of it, getting out of such a pain needs legal sanction.

2.Marriage is just a legal paper which tells the world that you want to live with someone. When you are sure about your relationship and have no insecurities, do you need the permission or the sanction of someone else to live together?

3.Being someone’s wife is a concept that puts off some women. Also, changing the surname and all other formalities seem more ritualistic than pleasure.

4.Going to the man’s house and living amidst strangers for the rest of the life is something which horrifies some women.

5.The pressure to marry that family members and the society give when a woman is ageing upsets some women and makes them hate it altogether.

6.The people around us and the media have made marriage look like a sacrifice that has to be made by a woman. That very concept puts some women off.

These are the reasons why some women never want to marry.

http://www.jeloser.info/2017/01/reasons-why-some-women-never-want-to.html

1 & 6: Your marriage is what you and your husband make it to be

2: The ceremony is doing the right thing culturally... with the institution comes several ways to make the beginning of a new family.

3: Some women never change their names

4: Except the wife is moving the husband's family house, most married couples move into the husband's/their private home and if it is a modern relationship, the wife is already familiar with the environment

5: I find a woman not marrying because of the pressure from family and friends strange.
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by daveP(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
[img][/img]For now na to just dey look.
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by LoveJesus87(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
luscioustrish:
Ok
Ok? Meaning you are one of them? shocked
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
In an Interview, Missy Eliot once said she can never get married, because she has phobia for pregnancies.

So I guess pregnancy is one of it too.

From My Study, Not all women are Heterosexual, some are Asexual

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
Many youth these days, males and females don't want marriage because a lot of married couples are miserable and still sleeping around as if they are single.
Many people now dislike it, both males and females.

What is so surprising about this topic and what now warrants the unneccesary insults to women on the thread. I don't think marriage favours women at all.
They have nothing to gain apart from the fact that society no longer ridicules them for being single at old age. Inside the marriage they have the last say, they are surbodinates, they are very likely to put up with infidelity from husbands, even the financial benefits they used to gain before is almost obsolete because men now feel they can claim head of house without providing for their wives.

What exactly do they have to gain again?

Except the woman is marrying somebody she deeply loves and values then she basically has nothing to gain from it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

And you live her bedroom

So you believe that someone with Linda's wealth will have her baby in Nigeria?
Madam It doesn't really matter where she has her baby, birth deformities happen by chance and they happen at conception. The probability only increases in geometric progression as I mentioned earlier.
I should also add that there is also increased risk of losing the pregnancy in the first trimester with increased age. Again, this is independent of whether she carries the pregnancy in Nigeria or not. These are facts feminists would not tell you.
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by DeBlessedOne(m): 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2017

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
frenchwine:

Madam It doesn't really matter where she has her baby, birth deformities happen by chance and they happen at conception. The probability only increases in geometric progression as I mentioned earlier.
I should also add that there is also increased risk of losing the pregnancy in the first trimester with increased age. Again, this is independent of whether she carries the pregnancy in Nigeria or not. These are facts feminists would not tell you.

Why are you drinking panadol for another person's headache? Just in case she has any of those issues I am 100% sure she can afford a serogate, so why are you disturbing yourself, all she has to do is to freeze her eggs and pay another lady to birth them cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why are you drinking panadol for another person's headache? Just in case she has any of those issues I am 100% sure she can afford a serogate, so why are you disturbing yourself, all she has to do is to freeze her eggs and pay another lady to birth them cheesy
Mummy the issue isn't about Miss XYZ, this thread and my comments are about ladies and late marriage/conception . That we highlighted a certain Miss XYZ is because she has chosen to be the poster girl for Miss Balling hard and independent while seizing every opportunity to beg her future husband to hurry up. Exactly what a good number of defiant feminists face - a Two-faced life.
And yes ooo, I would drink plenty panadol for you ppl's headache since una no wan dey hear word again . You dnt know maybe my future wife is one of you angry angry grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Toks2008(m): 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Not a bad idea to remain single for life smiley

But do they ever remain single?

This is another annoying hypocrisy and lie ladies tell themselves. .

They say they are single yet one guy will be on a booty call and they keep moving from one guy to another..smh
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
frenchwine:

Mummy the issue isn't about Miss XYZ, this thread and my comments are about ladies and late marriage/conception . That we highlighted a certain Miss XYZ is because she has chosen to be the poster girl for Miss Balling hard and independent while seizing every opportunity to beg her future husband to hurry up. Exactly what a good number of defiant feminists face - a Two-faced life.
And yes ooo, I would drink plenty panadol for you ppl's headache since una no wan dey hear word again angry angry grin

cheesy So you no get your own problem ko? Okay, may Linda Ikeji' s problems become your own IJN, say amen
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by ShakaZullu(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
Xaddy:
E remain small I for be FTC. But the truth of the matter is...
cool

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

cheesy So you no get your own problem ko? Okay, may Linda Ikeji' s problems become your own IJN, say amen
Show me in the quoted post where I mentioned Linda ikeji now angry sad

Abeg read the edited post. You sef don dey drink panadol for my headache, but it's a good thing. Yes it is, makes me relieved to knw someone has got my back grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
ItsQuinn:
Thank you smiley

You are welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Zedoo(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
So then....by next week one nigga posts he is looking for this gurl and anybody with her info will be appreciated....right

Mehn...sometimes I wonder what attention seekers will do if we had nothing like internet or social media....
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by hatchy(f): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
Bolustic:
Some feel they are too rich, free and knowledgeable to get married.

I mean those FEMINISTs

You're right on point brother!

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by IdiAmin2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
lrdval:
Why are comment sections always empty recently. I be late Comer ooo. My comment dey always come for 3 page. But since few days ago. I am on ft. Anyway. Woman see marriage as an achievement. Which is stupidity. What they are all. Seeing is weeding. Not what follows

i totally agree. when women see marriage as an achievement and look down on single women as if something is wrong with them, it is real stupidity
marriage is not an achievement and its not for everybody
I for one dont want to get married. I totally ahet the concept
I'm 38, single, got two kids from 2 different chics and I take total care of my kids and I'm really close to them
live on my own, do what I want when I want
Got 3 chics currently on rotation cool
a marriage certificate has nothing to do with commitment, that whats most of these women dont understand
a marriage cerificate is a government contract, that's all, so that when everything scatter, the government aka court has legal power to step in and divide your assets
women believe once a man signs a marriage then he is committed to them. LOOOL
I'm 200% committed to my 2 children, but I did not sign a government contract to prove it

Women nowadays will withstand anything including cheating, domestic violence just to be able to answer 'MRS' as if it is some kind of achievement.

I hear some women say ' a woman's pride is in her husband's name'
what a load of BULL
so, if you dont have husband, you have no pride in yourself?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by IdiAmin2(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
Filashade:

GBAM!!!

My sister please help me tell this people.

This is why our society is so messed up. They think marriage is Gold or something. What I have seen my mum and dad go through after so many infidelities, trust issues and other issues, like I said to myself at a young age why the raaaasss would I waste my time worrying about marriage when it just seems miserable and everyone is unhappy?

For those saying when she reaches 29/35 she will start rushing. Why do Nigerians do that a lot? Like seriously? Why is it when it comes to woman over the age of 26 or above you guys start calling them old cargo and say their youthful and marriage days has expired? Why? What about men?

I am so confused that I cant even be arsed anymore. I am just wondering how life would be like for both Men and Women in this new year and the years to come coz from what I am seeing, it looks blick and I am very worried not for myself but for everyone.

God help us all!!

Look
women are happy to endure abuse both physical and mental, just for the privilege of answering 'MRS'
they see marriage as an achievement
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by FreeSpirited: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
They enjoy knacking different dick...esp when money is involved and they still have sexybody...that's why......
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Coldfeets: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Well, I think some of them are hardcore LESBIANS.

Simple and short.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by bezimo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
All these frustrated women, who no reasonable guy is interested in wifing, they are forming we don't want marriage, deceiving themselves.As if anybody is interested.

How did they get there?
Step 1
Typical at a younger age, those girls are arrogant like I don't care, they feel they have lots of admirers and those interested in them.So they treat potential interested husband with disrespect and disdain.

Step 2
As they grow older, the folks interested declines significantly, they observe that the reasonable guys have turned their atttention away to possible younger ones, then they become nicer to folks and start taking steps of desperation and facing pressure from family and to some extent society, they realise the options are not much. When it's not working

Step 3
They conclude, that marriage is not for everyone and why they don't want to marry , they console and deceive themselves in pain and regrets.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by MONITZ: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
Everything done by the whites seems right and cool irrespective of whether it's alien to us or not,marriage inclusive......
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
I see some g*y and lesb**n people on this thread saying marriage is not important. Y don't you just come out to your family so your mother would know your would not give her grandchildren, than using the world marriage is this marriage is that.
Just take the bold step and move on.
Because Mr A marriage Failed, Those not automatically mean Mr B marriage would.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by gudlukin1: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
look at oh abeg no mary shuu but shaaa the truth is

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
Toks2008:

But do they ever remain single?

This is another annoying hypocrisy and lie ladies tell themselves. .

They say they are single yet one guy will be on a booty call and they keep moving from one guy to another..smh

Bros you nailed it.
These people would now be saying they dump boys also.
After their body Don catch fire
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by mavick2020: 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
[so days all you can say. Suggest better joor ]such toughts as these are likely to come from self centered women/ladies.

God made woman for the man/ and man for the woman. though not all must marry.

it is good for women with such fears as these to consider the beauty of marriage. its sweetness. blessings that come with it.

as for me now, though i m not married yet but i begin to enjoy the company of little babies/kids/children. is that not a call for marriage.

how about the respect given to you because you re married? even position, power, yeah even wisdom

now we dont see all these[/quote]
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Kingxway: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
You are right, but I think number 5 and 6 are not part of the reasons
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Coldfeets: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
Catalin:
I don't believe a woman will never want to marry.
Any woman that tell you that is a bloody liar.

... or a bloody LESBIAN! tongue
Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by queenfav(f): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
fellis:

Many youth these days, males and females don't want marriage because a lot of married couples are miserable and still sleeping around as if they are single.
Many people now dislike it, both males and females.

What is so surprising about this topic and what now warrants the unneccesary insults to women on the thread. I don't think marriage favours women at all.
They have nothing to gain apart from the fact that society no longer ridicules them for being single at old age. Inside the marriage they have the last say, they are surbodinates, they are very likely to put up with infidelity from husbands, even the financial benefits they used to gain before is almost obsolete because men now feel they can claim head of house without providing for their wives.

What exactly do they have to gain again?

Except the woman is marrying somebody she deeply loves and values then she basically has nothing to gain from it.
Barman,give this man a carton of your finest wine!! Like finally women have more to offer in marriage, i guess that was how the kneeling down to propose culture evolved.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by poshybae: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Who wants to be tied down forever while the man will be hooping upandan. Who wants bandage,? Marriage is a beautiful thing if one is lucky to find the right partner, but this days,,,, Buhari recession has taken joy from many people , Men find it difficult to make ends meet. No work, No contentment, So Women find it difficult for to stick to one man .In all, love conquers

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry by Jammiiee(m): 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
@dp, is that not FGGC
henergygirl:
Front page already!
Haba. ......nairaland mods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.