Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

D - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25687 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
dalaman:

Name the church and the TV station. Am talkingof TV stations that are under the NBC directly.

Hmm .Are there TV stations not under NBC ? Name them

dalaman:
Which picture when they lie on camera already.

Something is a lie if it is not true. You shouldn't traduce any organization when you have not proven your claims or disproven theirs .
Re: D by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
RR2J:
what do you mean? coincidence? so, supposing the one that was healed was not among the 100, would he/she have received it?
Yes. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_remission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Seun:
Yes. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_remission

This has nothing to do with what Lennycool was implying . If you don't agree,show me how
Re: D by randomperson: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Seems KingEbukasblog doesn't have an answer to this question, so am throwing it open to all the Christians.
If you had an injury and u were losing blood seriously... Would u pray or look for medical help?
felixomor DoctorAlien Image123 pidgin2 RR2J

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:
Seems KingEbukasblog doesn't have an answer to this question, so am throwing it open to all the Christians.
If you had an injury and u were losing blood seriously... Would u pray or look for medical help?

It is not by our power or by our might .

When you are bleeding profusely , you can attempt stanching the flow of blood by applying pressure while calling on God to help you . When medical assistance arrives , it does not mean the problem has been solved or God has withdrawn his help .

There is no guarantee medical assistance will ensure that you live . Its all God .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

When you are bleeding profusely , you can attempt stanching the flow of blood by applying pressure while calling on God to help you . When medical assistance arrives , it does not mean the problem has been solved or God has withdrawn his help .

There is no guarantee medical assistance will ensure that you live . Its all God .
lmao!
What sort of comedy is this??
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: D by Pastafarian: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
jonbellion:
lmao! What sort of comedy is this?? cheesy
Hehehehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
jonbellion:
lmao!
What sort of comedy is this??
cheesy

You have started again . grin cheesy

You throw a challenge you can't defend and run like a craven lummox when you can stand the heat grin

Jonbellion the coward tongue tongue

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You have started again . grin cheesy

You throw a challenge you can't defend and run like a craven lummox when you can stand the heat grin

Jonbellion the coward tongue tongue
more like jonbellion the busy man

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
jonbellion:
more like jonbellion the busy man

busy doing what
Re: D by randomperson: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

So you attempt to stop the flow, that's all you, not god. Medical assistance arrives.... Where is the role of God in all this?? Or does god need you to stop the flow or does he need medical assistance to perform his miracle??

3 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your situation is critical, I can't understand your lack of spiritual awareness. Let me ask you a question, why do some dreams come true?
Dreams are a manifestations of subconscious thoughts.
Bits of information's gathered in waking hours.
Dreams can represent, fear wants and desires, some of which may come true.
Re: D by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You are a special case .

As far as no one has brought supporting evidence , you shouldn't draw conclusions .

That's why you always see me ask for proof when an atheist makes a claim . And when the person does and there is superior evidence that disproves whatever he cited as evidence to support his claim , then the person is lying .
What the hell
Supporting evidence for what you told a story with no evidence from a guy that told a story with no evidence, only a fool would believe you.
Re: D by dalaman: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:

So you attempt to stop the flow, that's all you, not god. Medical assistance arrives.... Where is the role of God in all this?? Or does god need you to stop the flow or does he need medical assistance to perform his miracle??

Ebuka is a troll. Leave him alone

1 Like

Re: D by dalaman: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

What the hell
Supporting evidence for what you told a story with no evidence from a guy that told a story with no evidence, only a fool would believe you.

He was beating his chest that no body could refute the story. A story he just made up grin

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2017
Image123:

Hold on, if someone coincidentally gets healed of full blown AIDS, what's your exact grouse? i am not understanding you oh.
If you can prove it.
And I don't mean with a fake medical report.
You have to bring verifiable evidence(confirmed by multiple unbiased party) that the victim had aids and that he got cured. Only then would your story be considered true.
Re: D by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
God2man:

It depends on the way you look at some things in the bible. If you read the bible with a critical mind you may find it very difficult to gain anything, the other way round if you read it with an investigative mind, that is an objective mind, you may discover that the bible is full of hidden treasure that only the spiritual mind can really understand what is hidden therein. The way of the cross is foolishness to the carnal man but to the spiritual mind it is life.

For example, the bible is the sword of the spirit. How? It does not make sense for a book to become a sword.
There was case of a demonic idol that appeared to attack a woman, the woman started qouting scripture against the demon, the demon fled just because of the spoken bible verses.
So, how do you correlate this? It does not make sense but it is working.
What's funny is that Muslims say the exact same thing.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:

Were people not surviving injuries before medical science era came into being? First of all, I will pray. You see prayer is communication with God, we have a God who listens and who responds by proferring solutions and giving ideas. I believe from my personal experience as well as the word of God that He will tell me what to do afterwards.

Note, that the above suggestion depends on a person's level of faith. For new Christians, I suggest you pray and seek help if you haven't started hearing from God
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Were people not surviving injuries before medical science era came into being? First of all, I will pray. You see prayer is communication with God, we have a God who listens and who responds by proferring solutions and giving ideas. I believe from my personal experience as well as the word of God that He will tell me what to do afterwards.

Note, that the above suggestion depends on a person's level of faith. For new Christians, I suggest you pray and seek help if you haven't started hearing from God
you would pray
Who prayer epp cheesy

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
jonbellion:
you would pray
Who prayer epp cheesy

tongue If I pray for you, you will be free from confusion.

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why did you bandage your wounded toe? You should have left the wound exposed to the elements waiting for yahweh to do his magical healing. Playing smart, aren't you'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Leave them Jon.
kingebukasblog pidgin2 and image123
Should try the experiment and see if God will grant them instantaneous healing.
grin grin
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

lmaooorotfl
Have you freed yourself cheesy
Do that so we can get hitched
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Leave them Jon.
kingebukasblog pidgin2 and image123
Should try the experiment and see if God will grant them instantaneous healing.
grin grin
loool
These people are funny sha

1 Like

Re: D by EvangelistNdudi(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
International Standard Version(bible)

Fools say to themselves, "There is no God." They are corrupt and commit evil deeds; not one of them practices what is good.

Psalm 14:1

I was once like you
Those that are saying things like yours (your post)
Are those that have been frustrated by life
I understand your feeling

But you know what?
Jesus loves you and he is always there for you
Re: D by Seun(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pidgin2:
Seun, you are forgetting I said my toe was swollen and painful too. How come it was no longer swollen and painful when l left church? Also it wasn't dry but still showed signs of wetness in the morning but it dried up after I prayed. It's not just the pain, it was swollen, wet and painful but after prayers the swelling was gone, I could pull the scale off it and it wasn't painful.
Let us assume that there was a dramatic and unprecedented improvement in the state of your toe injury. Is it wise to conclude that it was due to divine intervention without any investigation? Consider the fact that so many things attributed to God have been found to be perfectly natural through science. Perhaps there was something in your breakfast, body cream or quiet time position that caused the unusually fast healing, and if we discover it, we can sell the information to a pharmaceutical company for millions of dollars, to make a wonder-drug for healing toe injuries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Dyt(f): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
Seun:

Let us assume.

You
Be doing like chief host
Dey form vandam
Show muscle

Making someone crack brain to remember password
Mtchewwwwwwwww

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: D by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
Seun:

Let us assume that there was a dramatic and unprecedented improvement in the state of your toe injury. Is it wise to conclude that it was due to divine intervention without any investigation? Consider the fact that so many things attributed to God have been found to be perfectly natural through science. Perhaps there was something in your food or pomade or quiet time position that caused the unusually fast healing, and if we discover it, we can sell the information to a pharmaceutical company for millions of dollars, to make a wonder-drug for healing toe injuries.

Hahaha cheesy Seun, I didn't know you are this business minded lol, okay deal but it was the balm of Gilead that healed me so it will be impossible to sell the info to a pharmaceutical company cheesy
Re: D by urheme: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lennycool:
The experiment goes like this, next time you have a physically visible injury (I insist on visible because most so called healings are just placebo effects that alter our mental state, if its visible no matter how well you feel the cut would still be there, your altered mind has little effect on the physical) , like a cut on your skin, a burn e.t.c you should pray to God to heal you. If prayer really worked you should be healed in a matter of minutes or atmost an hour.
But many reading this already know the prayer won't work and might already be coming up with these excuses

Faith: If it doesn't work most might come up with the excuse that they don't have enough faith, yet Jesus said that if only you possess faith as small as a mustard seed you should be able to move mountains, so that much faith shouldn't be required for a simple injury.

Testing God: Again most might come up with the excuse that they are testing God, but again this would be wrong, you have an injury and you're in pain, you ask your heavenly father to heal you. How is this testing God?

God has his own time:,Another excuse might be that God takes his time, but again this is just another attempt to deny the obvious, why should God wait that long to heal you of something that is presently causing you pain?

You can't deny the obvious, the prayer won't work because no one is answering them.

The Templeton foundation has even carried out research on prayers, and found them even detrimental to the health of sick patients.

Sorry e ooo.

I'm a beneficiary of the instant healing power of God,
i have also experience gradual healing by praying to God,
I am also a beneficiary of the divine health power of God.....i don't take drugs at all. grin

i believe God can heal anything sickness including heart break irrespective of your faith.

It is your sins and iniquities that has restrain you from benefiting from this power.......search your self.
Re: D by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dyt:

You
Be doing like chief host
Dey form vandam
Show muscle

Making someone crack brain to remember password
Mtchewwwwwwwww

angry angry angry angry angry
We had to do something about the anomalies. Apologies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your situation is critical, I can't understand your lack of spiritual awareness. Let me ask you a question, why do some dreams come true?

Perfect Questions.

1 Like

Re: D by blueAgent(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

They will avoid this thread like a plague because its true.

I laugh at this Dude,God has done far more complex miracles for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Questions To Members Of The Reformed Ogboni Fraternity. / Priest Mistakenly Shoots Self Dead In Edo / Is Abuse An Acceptable Reason For Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.