Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

D - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25673 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by ilynem(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lennycool:

Jesus never conformed to the views of the Jews.
If he truly believed in gender equality he would've firmly supported it. Same thing with slavery, Jesus would have spoke vehemently against it, if he didn't support it.
And I gave you the example of Mary Magdalene. And how much importance Jesus placed on her. As for slavery, Jesus never condoned it and maybe because the Jews we're like slaves to that Romans, he never spoke against it. This might have actually started a kind of Jewish revolution and that was not why JESUS was on earth
Re: D by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
MrMontella:

i remember when this guy was a christian grin
grin
Are you serious?
Re: D by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
ilynem:

And I gave you the example of Mary Magdalene. And how much importance Jesus placed on her. As for slavery, Jesus never condoned it and maybe because the Jews we're like slaves to that Romans, he never spoke against it. This might have actually started a kind of Jewish revolution and that was not why JESUS was on earth
He was not here to end slavery, but he was here to tell us not to have premarital sex. Priorities seem misplaced.

1 Like

Re: D by GoodMuyis(m): 12:32am On Jan 09, 2017
Lennycool:
The experiment goes like this, next time you have a physically visible injury (I insist on visible because most so called healings are just placebo effects that alter our mental state, if its visible no matter how well you feel the cut would still be there, your altered mind has little effect on the physical) , like a cut on your skin, a burn e.t.c you should pray to God to heal you. If prayer really worked you should be healed in a matter of minutes or atmost an hour.
But many reading this already know the prayer won't work and might already be coming up with these excuses

Faith: If it doesn't work most might come up with the excuse that they don't have enough faith, yet Jesus said that if only you possess faith as small as a mustard seed you should be able to move mountains, so that much faith shouldn't be required for a simple injury.

Testing God: Again most might come up with the excuse that they are testing God, but again this would be wrong, you have an injury and you're in pain, you ask your heavenly father to heal you. How is this testing God?

God has his own time:,Another excuse might be that God takes his time, but again this is just another attempt to deny the obvious, why should God wait that long to heal you of something that is presently causing you pain?

You can't deny the obvious, the prayer won't work because no one is answering them.

The Templeton foundation has even carried out research on prayers, and found them even detrimental to the health of sick patients.

I Love this poo. Poo like this makes me more radical Christian. Seriously, we all need a positive answer but not everyone know the Chemistry of Miracle Prayer. Few that Got it cant say precisely how it works, the only specimen they are sure of is FAITH, every other is not under control of human.

There are some prayer at a specific direction and you got it. And you think its a Coincidence ?

Be expecting goodnews tomorrow
Re: D by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 09, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I Love this poo. Poo like this makes me more radical Christian. Seriously, we all need a positive answer but not everyone know the Chemistry of Miracle Prayer. Few that Got it cant say precisely how it works, the only specimen they are sure of is FAITH, every other is not under control of human.

There are some prayer at a specific direction and you got it. And you think its a Coincidence ?

Be expecting goodnews tomorrow
Stop yarning and carry out the experiment.
Record it and post it here since you are the real servant of God.
Re: D by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 09, 2017
MrMontella:

m tellng you...
The guy was a vibrant defender of the faith...

I believe his history would still have his postsgrin
It seems hard to believe. Hcpaul na true? grin
Re: D by Major001(m): 6:18am On Jan 09, 2017
The true definition of "I am finished!" is when you close your eyes in death and open them to find yourself in God's presence...and then with a smile He says to you, "Now that you can see I exist, what are you going to do about it?'
My friends, you can perceive God only by Revelation... not by mere logic or carnal philosophies.
Earth was made for man. Earth is our responsibilty...not God's. We have been given dominion over Earth. Calamities, natural and otherwise, occur because we fail to adequately exercise our God-given dominion.
Blaming God won't solve a thing. It won't change who He is.
Our constant complain only releases more negative energy into our sphere. As a man thinks, so is he.
God isn't the problem; we are. And the sooner we take responsibility, the better for us...the better for our world.
Re: D by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 09, 2017
Major001:
The true definition of "I am finished!" is when you close your eyes in death and open them to find yourself in God's presence...and then with a smile He says to you, "Now that you can see I exist, what are you going to do about it?'
My friends, you can perceive God only by Revelation... not by mere logic or carnal philosophies.
Earth was made for man. Earth is our responsibilty...not God's. We have been given dominion over Earth. Calamities, natural and otherwise, occur because we fail to adequately exercise our God-given dominion.
Our constant complain only releases more negative energy into our sphere. As a man thinks, so is he.
God isn't the problem; we are. And the sooner we take responsibility, the better for us...the better for our world.
Are you saying God doesn't answer prayers?
Re: D by randomperson: 6:25am On Jan 09, 2017
Major001:
And why didn't god reveal himself to everybody??
Re: D by swagifted(m): 6:30am On Jan 09, 2017
Baba nailed it like a BOSS!
HCpaul:

Really?

Ok! So you, the light and the salt of the world should please teach us about your faulty faith.

Even when I was a Christian, I stopped praying when I could no longer deceive myself any longer. It was all obvious to me that I was talking to myself and that no any sky daddy up there was busy processing and working on my petitions.

You people will pray against a problem and at the end of the day, you will as well become the pioneer of the solution "the administrator of your own success " and at the end, you will climb that your stupid alter in your nonsensical gathering (church) and will testify how God (in place of your own ability and initiative) provided the solution miraculously.

You know...... Apart from being cajoled by people, the day you can no longer deceive yourself is the day the burning sensation, guts and the curiosity to question your religious belief begins and to as well decline and detach them if they are found guilty of been delusional.

Bill Gates mother once questioned him that what was he doing, but the little kid replied "Mum, I am thinking".

Today, the product of his thought is apparently evident to the world. It cannot be deny.

millions of Christians are praying and a little kid was busy thinking. Now, the whole world are benefitting from his thoughts while your prayers constitute nothing but nuisance to the community.

Imagine that he was praying, what would have been the fate of his destiny and that of the entire human race

Prayer to me is nothing but a reflection and an expression of a mind that is too lazy to think, plan and take accurate judgement.

It is nothing but the religious way of shifting responsibility and wishfully hoping for an unknown hand to anticipate it and deliver a positive results.

I will rather think than to waste my lifetime praying to an in-existing imaginary sky brother.

If not that the Christians can't think, 3 young dudes were executed on the cross (same day), and one out of smartness, greediness, and an eternal lust for fame and abiding popularity nominated himself as the saviour of mankind.

Gush...

1 Like

Re: D by Major001(m): 7:04am On Jan 09, 2017
Paraphrasing Napoleon Hill (author of Think and Grow Rich) every problem has within it, its own seed of solution.
The reason we don't receive appropriate answers to our prayers is because we pray amiss.
Most of us pray with the futuristic mindset that God 'will' answer our prayers. But that's not true. The answers we seek for are not in the future...neither are they in the past. Our answers are in the present.
God doesn't answer prayers. He doesn't have to. Why? Because He has ALREADY answered our prayers.
By Grace, God has already provided answers /solutions to every problem/challenge we will ever experience on Earth. It's a DONE deal. Our responsibility is to Receive by Faith that which God has already provided by Grace.
So, instead of praying that God should bless you in a certain area...pray for the PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION of what He has already blessed you with in that area.
Honestly, since I began to pray this way I have been receiving answers faster!
Does that mean I'm always on point? Of course not. I'm still a work in progress.

1 Like

Re: D by MuttleyLaff: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2017
JesusPowers:
Middle East/Eastern/Western/West Africa, the realms of the spirits are categorised as light/dark
Ebony and ivory. True

JesusPowers:
Chakra - Eastern
or opening up your spirit man for the holy spirit to come in - Middle East
- is one and same once you are matured spiritually
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you
- John 14:26

And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised.
But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven."

- Luke 24:49

After John 14:26 above, note in Luke 24:49, that none of the disciples receiving the Holy Spirit did Chakra - Eastern.

Another thing is that, God, gives the Holy Spirit without limit, matured or not doesnt come in the equation.

It is making an uncomplimentary remark to say ''Chakra - Eastern
or opening up your spirit man for the holy spirit to come in - Middle East'' is one and same

In fact, Chakra - Eastern
and receptive to opening up your spirit man for the holy spirit to come in - Middle East
are as different as chalk and cheese
though they both have an appearance of white,
If the path of one of them is journeyed long enough, it's true dark true colour with its unappealing and sinister side will unfold
Re: D by MuttleyLaff: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Terrible analogies
The supplement post went over the head, that's the reason for this self-indulgent twaddle
Mind you, they are very nice hypotheticals, testing to see whether one can agree that prayer requests do not work on Nairaland and/or with the god of Nairaland

Ranchhoddas:
The 'god of Nairaland' did not make any of these promises
MPE.
People, most of times, are praying amiss for/with promises God did not make

Ranchhoddas:
He does not have messengers going about saying that he can or will do those things
Stick to the response to Seun's quote about whether to agree that prayer does not work and that God evidently doesn't answer prayers

Ranchhoddas:
Your God on the other hand...
Your failing to acknowledge God or your inability to accept the supremacy of God doesnt affect the fact He is God of ALL.

Lennycool:
My man here you are again grin

I really need to understand your belief system
It's high time you stop fishing for and seeking validation from other ''You haff join gang'' tools

Lennycool:
And don't bother wasting your time on that one, he's not even trying to make sense
Suppose, for the sake of argument, that I was even trying to make sense to you, then it will be like casting pearls before swine.

It's only an unknowingly tool that would think I was even trying to make sense to you
Why bother with you when you are Nairaland famous for your ever increasing sad excuses of lazy posts

Sorry, I hate to burst your bubble,
''make sense'' was meant to be for the benefit of the majority, and not for you or any other similar tool
Re: D by God2man(m): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2017
Even here on nairaland how many requests are granted by the CEO or moderators on nairaland. How many?
Re: D by Ranchhoddas: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
The supplement post went over the head, that's the reason for this self-indulgent twaddle
Mind you, they are very nice hypotheticals, testing to see whether one can agree that prayer requests do not work on Nairaland and/or with the god of Nairaland

MPE.
People, most of times, are praying amiss for/with promises God did not make

Stick to the response to Seun's quote about whether to agree that prayer does not work and that God evidently doesn't answer prayers

Your failing to acknowledge God or your inability to accept the supremacy of God doesnt affect the fact He is God of ALL.

Change 'God' to 'Allah' and see whether your comment still makes sense.
Re: D by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 09, 2017
God2man:
Even here on nairaland how many requests are granted by the CEO or moderators on nairaland. How many?
Nairaland mods did not promise to move mountains for you

1 Like

Re: D by Seun(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2017
God2man:
It is true that certain prayers cannot be answered because they are unreasonable. If I ask God to make me the richest person in the world, and you do the same, both of our prayers can't be answered. Others have pointed out that Jesus should not have promised to grant us anything we ask in his name, knowing that there are some prayers that can't be answered.

That's a good point, but here's another one. Many of the things people ask God for are things that can and should be granted. For example, divine protection of vulnerable people from ritualists, rapists, murderers, kidnappers, armed robbers, and other violent criminals. Prayers for an end to endless cycles of bloodshed in wars all over the world. Prayers for God to grant us wise leaders who are not corrupt. Prayers for healing from incurable diseases such as cancer, which kills many children painfully. Prayers to end the terror of ISIS and Boko Haram. Is there any humane reason for God not to answer such prayers, if he exists?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by MuttleyLaff: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lennycool:

Nairaland mods did not promise to move mountains for you
Do hyperboles mean anything to you?
Re: D by MuttleyLaff: 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
Seun:

It is true that certain prayers cannot be answered because they are unreasonable. If I ask God to make me the richest person in the world, and you do the same, both of our prayers can't be answered. Others have pointed out that Jesus should not have promised to grant us anything we ask in his name, knowing that there are some prayers that can't be answered.
This is a brilliant submission, wish I had in hand some of those Putin's cookies to give you

Seun:
That's a good point, but here's another one. Many of the people ask God for are things that can and should be granted. For example, divine protection of vulnerable people from ritualists, rapists, murderers, kidnappers, armed robbers, and other violent criminals.

Prayers for an end to endless cycles of bloodshed in wars all over the world.

Prayers for God to grant us wise leaders who are not corrupt. Prayers for healing from incurable diseases such as cancer, which kills many children painfully.

Prayers to end the terror of ISIS and Boko Haram.

Is there any humane reason for God not to answer such prayers, if he exists?
Because it will be God meddling in the timetable OF when all these things will cease.

These things are consequences that have to run their course.

Besides everything goes through due processes. Remember it took God 2000 years, or is it 4000 years sef before God appeared on Earth as Jesus Christ.

All these concerns you highlighted above, in due course and at the appointed time will all be resolved and be NO more

Love the first half of your post though.
Re: D by God2man(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Seun:

That's a good point, but here's another one. Many of the things people ask God for are things that can and should be granted. For example, divine protection of vulnerable people from ritualists, rapists, murderers, kidnappers, armed robbers, and other violent criminals. Prayers for an end to endless cycles of bloodshed in wars all over the world. Prayers for God to grant us wise leaders who are not corrupt. Prayers for healing from incurable diseases such as cancer, which kills many children painfully. Prayers to end the terror of ISIS and Boko Haram. Is there any humane reason for God not to answer such prayers, if he exists?

Sin. The soul that sinneth shall die. God does not answer the prayer of a sinner. The bible says the wicked shall be turned to hell and all the nations that forget God.
Also, God is a God of Justice. His own way of judgement is mysterious. Esau have i hated, Jacob i love. These are babies in the womb. How do you undestand this thing? God also said i will visit the inquities to the fourth generation, if my calculation is right that is about 100 hundred years. So, our brain is too small to undersstand everything about God. We are small.
Re: D by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
God2man:
Sin. The soul that sinneth shall die. God does not answer the prayer of a sinner. The bible says the wicked shall be turned to hell and all the nations that forget God.
Also, God is a God of Justice. His own way of judgement is mysterious. Esau have i hated, Jacob i love. These are babies in the womb. How do you undestand this thing? God also said i will visit the inquities to the fourth generation, if my calculation is right that is about 100 hundred years. So, our brain is too small to understand everything about God. We are small.
You've made an astute observation: that the things written about God in the Bible don't really make sense to our brains in a consistent way. God is just, yet unjust. All powerful, yet limited. All loving, yet cruel. You assume that the reason we don't get it is the limitation of our minds, but there's an alternate explanation: that it's just a collection of outdated fiction. What makes you sure that this alternate explanation is wrong?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
Lennycool:

I'm not talking about murders, I'm talking about dangerous beliefs that are supposed to be respected.

Most Christians don't go for medical check up because they think they are protected by God.
Some can't undergo blood transfusion because of their beliefs.

Women give birth in churches which can lead to complications and death.

These are dangerous beliefs and should not in any way be respected.
You claim women giving birth in church can lead to complications and death, but your ancestors gave birth in the bush back in 1906, not in hospital. Nor did they go for medical check-ups, and they never had complications. They lived till 100 even.
Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
Re: D by God2man(m): 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
Seun:

You've made an astute observation: that the things written about God in the Bible don't really make sense to our brains in a consistent way. God is just, yet unjust. All powerful, yet limited. All loving, yet cruel. You assume that the reason we don't get it is the limitation of our minds, but there's an alternate explanation: that it's just a collection of outdated fiction. What makes you sure that this alternate explanation is wrong?

Alternate explanation?
Re: D by randomperson: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
You claim women giving birth in church can lead to complications and death, but your ancestors gave birth in the bush back in 1906, not in hospital. Nor did they go for medical check-ups, and they never had complications. They lived till 100 even.
They never had complication... Do u know the amount of still births there were in the past?? Try to research before u post next time
Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:

They never had complication... Do u know the amount of still births there were in the past?? Try to research before u post next time
Educate me then, son, what is the amount of stillbirths there was in Africa back in 1906?

Does giving birth in hospital reduce the chances of giving birth to a stillborn child?
Re: D by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ferruccio:
You claim women giving birth in church can lead to complications and death, but your ancestors gave birth in the bush back in 1906, not in hospital. Nor did they go for medical check-ups, and they never had complications . They lived till 100 even.
This is just ignorant of course there were complications. And you can't compare today with the past, it wasn't available then, it is now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.