Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

D - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25676 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Wow three days later shocked
Nothing strange about that.

Hmmm, you skipped everything but focused on three days later. I said I was in pain even after that period which made me suspect that I might have picked up an infection but after spending time in Church(Just an hour) I left church 100% pain free to my surprise, I felt nothing whatsoever. I went to church with plaster over the wound and difficulty walking, I pulled off the plaster afterwards, totally dry and walked freely.

Note it wasn't dry when I went there, it was swollen and I was in pains but after just an hour of quiet time, it was all gone.
Re: D by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Hmmm, you skipped everything but focused on three days later. I said I was in pain even after that period which made me suspect that I might have picked up an infection but after spending time in Church(Just an hour) I left church 100% pain free to my surprise, I felt nothing whatsoever. I went to church with plaster over the wound and difficulty walking, I pulled off the plaster afterwards, totally dry and walked freely.

Note it wasn't dry when I went there, it was swollen and I was in pains but after just an hour of quiet time, it was all gone.
I missed nothing. Placebo effects was accounted for, the mind can be manipulated, the physical is another matter. Pain was gone, but injury was still there.
Re: D by WRAKE(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:

Is god not your friend?
I dnt knw d god u talking about undecided
Re: D by Pastafarian: 9:09am On Jan 11, 2017
WRAKE:
I dnt knw d god u talking about undecided
the one you pray to
Re: D by otipoju(m): 10:09am On Jan 11, 2017
Seun:
But do you agree that prayer does not work? Would you accept the observation that the "thing greater than us", even if it exists, evidently doesn't answer prayers?

There is something called the Law of Attraction. Take it or leave it.

First time I ever made a request to the universe was as a JSS 1 student in the boarding house in 1992 at St Gregory's College, Lagos. My provisions had run out and I just told God about and told him that I needed replacements.

About four days later, my uncle who was a student came all the way from Undiversity of Port Harcourt and was not employed visited on a weekday and brought me provisions.

Till today when I kneel down to make a request from God I remember my first real prayer to God as a ten year old.

Till today God still dey hear my prayer, if you need more examples I will give you.

I am a proud cele boy. 35th year and still counting.

According to your faith na him you go receive. The universe is limitless.
Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:

U are the one claiming, u are the one who should prove. Do churches keep record of their unsuccessful deliveries??...
You are also claiming stillbirths has occured in church before. In which church did it occur?

Churches don't keep record of their unsuccessful deliveries because they have never experienced such! gringrincheesy
Re: D by RR2J(m): 11:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:
The experiment goes like this, next time you have a physically visible injury (I insist on visible because most so called healings are just placebo effects that alter our mental state, if its visible no matter how well you feel the cut would still be there, your altered mind has little effect on the physical) , like a cut on your skin, a burn e.t.c you should pray to God to heal you. If prayer really worked you should be healed in a matter of minutes or atmost an hour.
But many reading this already know the prayer won't work and might already be coming up with these excuses

Faith: If it doesn't work most might come up with the excuse that they don't have enough faith, yet Jesus said that if only you possess faith as small as a mustard seed you should be able to move mountains, so that much faith shouldn't be required for a simple injury.

Testing God: Again most might come up with the excuse that they are testing God, but again this would be wrong, you have an injury and you're in pain, you ask your heavenly father to heal you. How is this testing God?

God has his own time:,Another excuse might be that God takes his time, but again this is just another attempt to deny the obvious, why should God wait that long to heal you of something that is presently causing you pain?

You can't deny the obvious, the prayer won't work because no one is answering them.

The Templeton foundation has even carried out research on prayers, and found them even detrimental to the health of sick patients.

you know its better to believe in the existence of GOd and die knowing that hell doesn't exist, than to doubt the existence of God and die, knowing that hell exist( In as much it does exist though)

1 Like

Re: D by Ferruccio(m): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

You're just saying rubbish now.
Compare infant mortality rate of 1906 with 2015.
That is a better comparison
You have it backward, son, you're typing a lot of rubbish since you have mistaken our phone screens for a dumping ground where rubbish is disposed of!

The women in question have statistically compared the option of giving birth in a hospital and the option of giving birth in a church, and found the latter to be safer.

After all, 2.6 million stillbirths occur annually in hospitals! gringrin whilst

0 stillbirths occur annually in church! grin
Re: D by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2017
Ferruccio:
You have it backward, son, you're typing a lot of rubbish since you have mistaken our phone screens for a dumping ground where rubbish is disposed of!

The women in question have statistically compared the option of giving birth in a hospital and the option of giving birth in a church, and found the latter to be safer.

After all, 2.6 million stillbirths occur annually in hospitals! gringrin whilst

0 stillbirths occur annually in church! grin
Where did you get your "zero still births in church" statistics from?
Re: D by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 11, 2017
RR2J:

you know its better to believe in the existence of GOd and die knowing that hell doesn't exist, than to doubt the existence of God and die, knowing that hell exist( In as much it does exist though)
Not this again.
This whole theory is based on the fact that there is only one God, but there are in truth thousands, what if you're believing in the wrong God and you die and find out Zeus was real after all?
Your theory doesn't work then.
Also according to christian lore belief isn't the only prerequisite for heaven. So even if you believe in God, sin will still take you to hell along side the atheist.
Belief doesn't guarantee anything.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 11, 2017
otipoju:

There is something called the Law of Attraction. Take it or leave it.

First time I ever made a request to the universe was as a JSS 1 student in the boarding house in 1992 at St Gregory's College, Lagos. My provisions had run out and I just told God about and told him that I needed replacements.

About four days later, my uncle who was a student came all the way from Undiversity of Port Harcourt and was not employed visited on a weekday and brought me provisions.

Till today when I kneel down to make a request from God I remember my first real prayer to God as a ten year old.

Till today God still dey hear my prayer, if you need more examples I will give you.

I am a proud cele boy. 35th year and still counting.

According to your faith na him you go receive. The universe is limitless.
Coincidence and luck.
But you know what can't happen by coincidence or luck?
Instantaneous healing of an injury.
So next time you have a physically visible injury pray to God for healing.
And see if it will be answered.
Re: D by Trippledee(m): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2017
Prayer is a powerful weapon

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

I missed nothing. Placebo effects was accounted for, the mind can be manipulated, the physical is another matter. Pain was gone, but injury was still there.

Lord have mercy, your case is serious
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lord have mercy, your case is serious
actually babe he was quite spot on wink
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Placebo effects don't work on everyone and the results are ephemeral - the pain or whatever will always come back again . So stop appealing to placebo when you don't understand how it works.
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Coincidence and luck.

I posted a testimony to Seun , please show me the coincidence or luck .

https://www.nairaland.com/3560037/simple-experiment-proves-prayers-dont/3#52703689

I'm willing to see it . And please be reasonable
Re: D by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
jonbellion:
actually babe he was quite spot on wink

Both of you need Jesus, how do you even reason? I said I went to church with a swollen toe and in pains but i left a few hours later 100% healed and he is trying to make all sort of unreasonable excuses for it not being a miracle, smh
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Both of you need Jesus, how do you even reason? I said I went to church with a swollen toe and in pains but i left a few hours later 100% healed and he is trying to make all sort of unreasonable excuses for it not being a miracle, smh
what is jesus

1 Like

Re: D by dalaman: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I posted a testimony to Seun , please show me the coincidence or luck .

https://www.nairaland.com/3560037/simple-experiment-proves-prayers-dont/3#52703689

I'm willing to see it . And please be reasonable

You posted a story of a nameless individual that visited a nameless lab and got healed of hepatitis and diabetes.

How are we sure you didn't make the story up. After all your friend here is known for making up stories to promote christianity. He said he once raised a nameless person back to life from the dead. When pressed he said he doesn't want to divulge much information because it's a private matter. You guys are known for telling lies always to.promote your religion. How can we just believe stories that have no verifiable entities?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
dalaman:

You posted a story of a nameless individual that visited a nameless lab and got healed of hepatitis and diabetes.

How are we sure you didn't make the story up. After all your friend here is known for making up stories to promote christianity. He said he once raised a nameless person back to life from the dead. When pressed he said he doesn't want to divulge much information because it's a private matter. You guys are known for telling lies always to.promote your religion. How can we just believe stories that have no verifiable entities?

If you think we are lying then why bother yourself refuting anything ?
Re: D by dalaman: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

If you think we are lying then why bother yourself refuting anything ?

Its good to refute lies so that people will not be deceived by it at least. You guys are very well known for using lies to promote your religion. Your friend lied that he once raised a nameless dead person back to life just to promote himself and his religion. Christians do that always. Many engage in fake healings and all. It's a daily occurrence. You are bringing a story that has no head or tail and you want people to believe it. Be serious pls.

3 Likes

Re: D by RR2J(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Not this again.
This whole theory is based on the fact that there is only one God, but there are in truth thousands, what if you're believing in the wrong God and you die and find out Zeus was real after all?
Your theory doesn't work then.
Also according to christian lore belief isn't the only prerequisite for heaven. So even if you believe in God, sin will still take you to hell along side the atheist.
Belief doesn't guarantee anything.

Sure belief, faith and being without sin doesn't guarantee (2 corinthians 12-7-10)... even the scripture never states that jesus healed everyone who was ever brought to him during his lifetime.... btw there isnt only one God i'd say, judging from the beliefs that accompanies it.
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2017
dalaman:

Its good to refute lies so that people will not be deceived by it at least. You guys are very well known for using lies to promote your religion. Your friend lies that he once raised nameless a dead person back to life just to promote himself and his religion. Christians do that always. Many engage in fake healings and all. It's a daily occurrence. You are bringing a story that has no head or tail and you want people to believe it. Be serious pls.

This is an argument from silence - you are drawing conclusions from your opponent's taciturnity . If someone refuses to heed to your request , the reticence by that person does not give you the leeway to draw any sort of conclusions . Its false and fallacious .

Because he refused to give you further information =! lying
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
@ dalaman

We've seen many atheists lie : from the one who claimed he was a pastor before he became an atheist to the one who claimed his daughter was raped . You only get suspicious when you spot discrepancies or inconsistencies - these were very evident in the infamous story that hit front page last time .
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
dalaman:
Christians do that always. Many engage in fake healings and all. It's a daily occurrence.

Hasty generalization from a false conclusion . I tire for you oo . grin
Re: D by HardMirror(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ermacc:
Here's what your prayer challenge sounds like: Next time i have an urgent business travel to make and i'm behind schedule, I should pray to God to teleport me instantly to my destination.
It is better to keep silent and let people assume you a fool, than talk and confirm to everyone that u are actually a fool.
Address the OP, when u have headache you pray and feel better, when u get a cut, why don't you pray and get healed?
Re: D by otipoju(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Coincidence and luck.

Please explain what you mean by coincidence and luck.

As far as I am concerned, I made a request to God...a few days after, what I asked him for was manifest from a very unlikely channel.

Now as per your instantaneous healing request. I will give you a small assignment ad see if you are capable of original thinking.

" I see men like trees"....Discuss.
Re: D by HardMirror(m): 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
dalaman:

You get their drift
Re: D by dalaman: 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is an argument from silence - you are drawing conclusions from your opponent's taciturnity . If someone refuses to heed to your request , the reticence by that person does not give you the leeway to draw any sort of conclusions . Its false and fallacious .

Because he refused to give you further information =! lying

Its always up to the person making the claim to prove his case. We know that people tell lies all the time. How can you make an extraordinary claim and then run away from it when asked to prove it? Refusing to give further information that will verify the authenticity of his claims simply means he is lying. If he isn't lying he will prove his point.

1 Like

Re: D by MrMontella(m): 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
Trippledee:
Prayer is a powerful weapon
how powerful was it during world war 2?
Re: D by dalaman: 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Hasty generalization from a false conclusion . I tire for you oo . grin

Its not a hasty generalization. It's something that is well documented. The NBC told pastors to make sure they come with verifiable proof of any miracle claim before it will be aired on national TV. Since then no televangelist has come forward and the broad cast of miracles stopped on national TV. That means that all.of there were making it up.

1 Like

Re: D by dalaman: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
@ dalaman

We've seen many atheists lie : from the one who claimed he was a pastor before he became an atheist to the one who claimed his daughter was raped . You only get suspicious when you spot discrepancies or inconsistencies - these were very evident in the infamous story that hit front page last time .

Because he didn't give further information doesn't mean he is lying. We can also apply your own principle here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.