Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

D - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (25668 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / Four Reasons Why Spells (charms) Don't Work For You / D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Pastafarian: 2:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:

Great!! So Christianity has as much claim to bring the true religion as every other religion that has supernatural occurrences. Nothing special about Christianity then.

lol, Kingebukasblog NEVER makes sense when arguing for Christianity, only when arguing for deism does he make sense

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Coincidence: Of events, the appearance of a meaningful connection when there is none.

The only way it wouldn't be a coincidence was if a large percentage of everything he prayed for no matter how impossible happened.

If only some are answered and others are not, its simply luck and coincidence.

How is the healing of incurable diabetes and hepatitis be coincidental or fortuitous ? Coincidental to what ? What made it fortuitous ?
Re: D by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is why most atheists are not seen as reasonable people . Its fallacious to draw that kind of conclusion - this what the argument from silence is about .

Na wa oo undecided
No its not.
My house got burned down yesterday, I prayed to Zeus, came back and all was back to normal, fully restored.
This is a statement without any supporting evidence, would you believe it?
Change Zeus to God and you'll see the problem.
Re: D by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

How is the healing of incurable diabetes and hepatitis be coincidental or fortuitous ? Coincidental to what ? What made it fortuitous ?
The guy only came out because he was healed, there were others that were sick that received no healing.
Hence his healing was coincidental.
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

No its not.
My house got burned down yesterday, I prayed to Zeus, came back and all was back to normal, fully restored.
This is a statement without any supporting evidence, would you believe it?
Change Zeus to God and you'll see the problem.

You are a special case .

As far as no one has brought supporting evidence , you shouldn't draw conclusions .

That's why you always see me ask for proof when an atheist makes a claim . And when the person does and there is superior evidence that disproves whatever he cited as evidence to support his claim , then the person is lying .
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

The guy only came out because he was healed, there were others that were sick that received no healing.
Hence his healing was coincidental.

Holds laugh

cc : winner01 4evergod , felixomor , richrich713 , mrpresident1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by MrMontella(m): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
randomperson:

Or if u have a serious injury and u are bleeding profusely, don't go to hospital or look for medical help... Just pray! grin
you have to wonder why combat medics exist in millitary units grin grin
Re: D by Image123(m): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

Try the experiment, stop telling me about short legs and long legs.

Of course, short legs and long eyes can't be answers to prayers, go and ask the lame and blind how happy and convenient they are. What do you mean by try the experiment, i should cut myself? You can see this atheists are crazy in the inner man.
Re: D by felixomor: 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Holds laugh

LooooLz
grin
Re: D by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Holds laugh

Oh sorry perhaps I went too far. LET ME SIMPLIFY IT
A 100 People Are Sick, They Are All Prayed Upon.
1 Receives MIRACULOUS Healing And Only That One Steps Out.
THEREFORE COINCIDENCE.

Should I add diagrams ebuka?

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2017
Image123:

Of course, short legs and long eyes can't be answers to prayers, go and ask the lame and blind how happy and convenient they are. What do you mean by try the experiment, i should cut myself? You can see this atheists are crazy in the inner man.
If said it before that if any preacher could really heal the sick they wouldn't be restricted to their churches.
They would go to hospitals and research centres showing the works of God.
But they are all fake.

1 Like

Re: D by dalaman: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I hope you realize you are not making any sense . An argument from silence still stands : Its illogical to draw a conclusion based on the silence of the opponent, when the opponent is refusing to give evidence for any reason.

A fallacy remains a fallacy whether you like it or not grin

There is no proof anyone is lying in the first place . Its your own conclusion which is illogical . wink

It doesn't stand. Argument from silence is a fallacy it's self. Why remain silent when you can easily prove your point and dispel all doubts. There is every evidence he was lying just like you. You made the stories up.

Yesterday I entered Aso rock and saw the president making love to his wife. The DSS came and shot me 8 times but non of their bullets penetrated my body because I used bullet proof jazz. I have a pic and video recording of the president and his wife making love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by randomperson: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You are shifting the goal post cool

Since you agree that supernatural occurrences can happen in any religion , then the thread has been dealt with . Whether you think Christianity is special or not that's your personal business .

Next !
No I don't agree they happen at all... Am only working with your presumption that they happen. Nice try tho!
BTW, I asked ua question before. If u had a serious injury and u were bleeding profusely, would u pray or seek for medical help?
Re: D by MrMontella(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pastafarian:

lol, Kingebukasblog NEVER makes sense when arguing for Christianity, only when arguing for deism does he make sense
he knows this...
Ergo his star trek portal lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: D by dalaman: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You are a special case .

As far as no one has brought supporting evidence , you shouldn't draw conclusions .

That's why you always see me ask for proof when an atheist makes a claim
. And when the person does and there is superior evidence that disproves whatever he cited as evidence to support his claim , then the person is lying .

The fact that atheist don't bring proof doesn't mean they are lying. You are arguing from silence . You have no point because no lie has been established. It's only your own making and it remains a fallacy.
Re: D by Image123(m): 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

If said it before that if any preacher could really heal the sick they wouldn't be restricted to their churches.
They would go to hospitals and research centres showing the works of God.
But they are all fake.

Oya go and eat, you've started saying something else again.
Re: D by paulGrundy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
Edenoscar:
I walked in a days ago to see my mom watching tb joshua where a guy was giving a testimony of how the holy spirit healed him of a serious leg injury years ago, he was being grilled by a guy with a mic to add more effect and show how awesome the testimony was, so i sat on a chair close to my mom and was watching the tv closely when suddenly a big smile flashed on my face, after a few seconds i took a peek at my mom and noticed her staring at me expecting me to say something cos she knew i was always skeptical about things like this, i just smiled at her,stood up and left while suppressing the laughter building up in me, but why did i smile in the first place right at spot where the injury was which was supposedly healed by the hole-ly spirit was a very big scar, and i thought if the holy spirit could heal such injury then why cant it heal the scar?

I guess if the scar was not there, you would have claimed the miracle was staged.
Re: D by Image123(m): 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

THEREFORE COINCIDENCE.

Hold on, if someone coincidentally gets healed of full blown AIDS, what's your exact grouse? i am not understanding you oh.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by God2man(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Seun:

A different explanation of why many things in the bible don't make sense when we reason about them. Some thing just don't make sense.

It depends on the way you look at some things in the bible. If you read the bible with a critical mind you may find it very difficult to gain anything, the other way round if you read it with an investigative mind, that is an objective mind, you may discover that the bible is full of hidden treasure that only the spiritual mind can really understand what is hidden therein. The way of the cross is foolishness to the carnal man but to the spiritual mind it is life.

For example, the bible is the sword of the spirit. How? It does not make sense for a book to become a sword.
There was case of a demonic idol that appeared to attack a woman, the woman started qouting scripture against the demon, the demon fled just because of the spoken bible verses.
So, how do you correlate this? It does not make sense but it is working.
Re: D by felixomor: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

THEREFORE COINCIDENCE.

Please dont.
Ur "coincidence" healing does not make sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
Seun:
@Pidgin2: If a nice muslim lady told you that she injured her toe and applied the appropriate first aid, but 3 days later as she was leaving the mosque after mandatory prayers, she noticed that the pain was gone, would you accept it as a true miracle from God and convert to Islam?

Seun, you are forgetting I said my toe was swollen and painful too. How come it was no longer swollen and painful when l left church? Also it wasn't dry but still showed signs of wetness in the morning but it dried up after I prayed. It's not just the pain, it was swollen, wet and painful but after prayers the swelling was gone, I could pull the scale off it and it wasn't painful.
Re: D by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

What case?

Your situation is critical, I can't understand your lack of spiritual awareness. Let me ask you a question, why do some dreams come true?
Re: D by Pastafarian: 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pidgin2:

Your situation is critical, I can't understand your lack of spiritual awareness. Let me ask you a question, why do some dreams come true?

freaking coincidence
Re: D by dalaman: 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Broadcast of miracles stopped ? Every church now has its own TV channel , so what are you talking about ? Even the church websites share evidence of miracles .

My church's magazine prints even personal information about the testifier : name , residence and picture ; and evidence for his testimony - name of hospital, lab results etc.

Stop lying Dalaman grin

My brother learn to read. I said national TV like NTA , AIT, channels TV etc. Since that law was implememted miracles on public national TV stopped. A church TV station and magazine is private.

Christians tell lies even with address, pictures etc. They don't even need to put up addresses when they act on camera.

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
Pastafarian:

freaking coincidence

Lol coincidence? Hey i've seen far too many dreams become reality so I will be unwise to dismiss them as coincidences. Be wise Mr. Pasta
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
dalaman:

My brother learn to read. I said national TV like NTA , AIT, channels TV etc. Since that law was implememted miracles on public national TV stopped. A church TV station and magazine is private.

That's a big lie . TV stations still show church programs with miracles as testimonies mostly upcoming church . I just added that churches (referring to the big churches ) have their own TV channels so its not necessary to run their programs on National TV

Christians tell lies even with address, pictures etc. They don't even need to put up addresses when they act on camera.

You have to prove that the person is lying . grin That's why the picture , names and address are there so you can raise an alarm if the information is invalid .

Receive sense na bro , receive it .
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
felixomor:

Please dont.
Ur "coincidence" healing does not make sense.

Omg ! He does not even get it . grin

And since he is an atheist , he may never get it . cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
MrMontella:

how powerful was it during world war 2?
loool
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Image123:

Hold on, if someone coincidentally gets healed of full blown AIDS, what's your exact grouse? i am not understanding you oh.

Lol . grin grin As in eh

They just relish embarrassing themselves in public grin

1 Like

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
God2man:

It depends on the way you look at some things in the bible. If you read the bible with a critical mind you may find it very difficult to gain anything, the other way round if you read it with an investigative mind, that is an objective mind, you may discover that the bible is full of hidden treasure that only the spiritual mind can really understand what is hidden therein. The way of the cross is foolishness to the carnal man but to the spiritual mind it is life.

For example, the bible is the sword of the spirit. How? It does not make sense for a book to become a sword.
There was case of a demonic idol that appeared to attack a woman, the woman started qouting scripture against the demon, the demon fled just because of the spoken bible verses.
So, how do you correlate this? It does not make sense but it is working.
why is it foolishness to a " carnal" mind
Why can't he make it as clear as possible so we can all be in agreement undecided
What's the deal with this playing hard to get
Re: D by dalaman: 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

That's a big lie . TV stations still show church programs with miracles as testimonies mostly upcoming church . I just added that churches (referring to the big churches ) have their own TV channels so its not necessary to run their programs on National TV

Name the church and the TV station. Am talkingof TV stations that are under the NBC directly.

You have to prove that the person is lying . grin That's why the picture , names and address are there so you can raise an alarm if the information is invalid .

Receive sense na bro , receive it .

Which picture when they lie on camera already.
Re: D by RR2J(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Lennycool:

THEREFORE COINCIDENCE.

what do you mean? coincidence? so, supposing the one that was healed was not among the 100, wuld he/she have received it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Australian Man Claims To Be Jesus Reborn / What Would Jesus Do In This Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.