Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,740 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. (50636 Views)

12-Year-Old Delta Bride Married Off To An Old Man, Rescued In Edo / Meet Baby Chanco, Japanese With Full Hair Like An Adult (Photos) / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by daneni1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
Tho I am no married yet, but I experience both my mom and my dad having similar issue.

My dad case was different bcus he always dress well wen going to work or going to far distance journey. But whenever he is at home, he doesn't care at all.

well, one thing my mom did den was to burn those clothe she felt were not good any longer or throw dem into d dustbin.

However, am not saying wat worked for my mom will work for you cuz it depends on d temperament of your hubby.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by DICKtator: 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
Originalsly:
@Op.... you need to be careful what you are asking for. You said your husband is a good looking guy.... when he dresses like an old man it takes away from his attractiveness and the swarm of young hot manhunting ladies swerve. Now if he dresses up to date.... the ladies would take notice and swarm him either for money or to give him honey..... are you prepared to handle this? ... and don't for a moment say he is not that kinda guy.... these roaming ladies can seduce snake sef.
The people who comment about his dress sense do not know him long enough.....since that's the way he always dressed... ignore them. If need to... you update his wardrobe... don't be waiting for him to. Some men are just like that... my bro no different.... they see absolutely nothing wrong as long as 1. their outfit is clean...2. ..no holes or rips or stains...3. ...they all fit and feel comfortable..... brown shoes, red trousers, green shirt... doesn't matter..... boxers has three holes... no big deal..who would know? Be careful what you ask for.
If you do insist..... holla at me.... only if you want him to dress like celebrity.

Hmmmmmm.........

This is so insightful and deep!!

Reverse psychology!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by yedidiah(m): 6:32pm On Jan 08, 2017
in the mind of every man, he is perfect and the best gift his wife can have. Anything you say or do, that will threaten that position, can be dangerous. It is good to look good and dress well; but as you attempt to achieve that for him, thread with caution and apply wisdom in your approach.

To those intending to get married, it is worth waiting for: don't be carried away by all the beautiful pre-wedding photoshoot concept and Wedding razzmatazz. Be sure to have checked and double checked that guy or babe to see if they fit in to God's plan for you/ your dream partner depending on what you believe in. This will help you avoid all the flimsy issues arising these days.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by 9icest: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
bsonenterprise:
this was what my best friend ex-wife started with, and with time, we learn she was sleeping with one Yoruba demon. Women...such an ungrateful lot. She left a successful log and wood exporter who owns over ten mansions in Mowe-Ibafo, for an Instagram guy. Lol. The last time I heard, the guy with pink lips and perfect sense of dress has dropped her useless a.ss after getting another younger pregnant. She's still trying to come back though...not caring about the dress senses again.

Madam, divorce your husband...go and meet that guy you've been eyeing. Your eyes go clear. You just need to suffer small...atleast, you still get money to buy data...by the time fine useless boy knack you kolo tire, you go wake up and you man would have find a woman who loves him and his shabby dress sense. Useless!

She probably got the wedding proposal so easily. What wont person hear. You read about woman begging for husband and here's on ex olosho wanting to push hers out. Turn him to sexy...and when he starts notiicng the attention he's getting and he starts canning and lashing the flies buzzing around him...YOYO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by awa(m): 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
Welcome to PH. Let's assume that you get what you are looking for in your husband soon. But don't come back complaining PH Chicks wants to collect him from you. Allow him to be the way he is

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by bameyi(m): 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Let's see pictures of him dressed up and we may be able to help you.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by hatchy(f): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:
Now, this is the thing... Nobody cares, nobody was there when you said your vows so why should anyone give a single fúck?
Madam take your issues to a counselor or the divorce court if you are too brain dead to work things out.
I mean I have seen couples have issues over more serious matters like finances, infidelity, abuse but this ?
You need a psychologist

GTFO
Must you display your stupidity and how poorly brought up in a public domain like this?

This forum i supposed is for matured minds and not for kids like you who are fortunate to lay their hand on phone that has internet to talk rubbish here.

Seun should as a matter of urgency sensor these kids in this forum.
Enough of all these childish comments here.

Over and out!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by nonjebose(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife, this is your answer. Take it and I am sure things will be different.
U are comparing him with all those guys around.
Ok let's see if we can help.
Look for a way to raise money. Get his
measurements and swing into action.
1. Buy him the kind of shoes you like and keep
the ones that annoy you away.
2. Buy him the kind of clothes you like also and
keep the ones that annoy you away.
3. Decide your fit.
Select clothes combination for him when he is
going out.
My baby does that almost all the time. Before I
am out of the bath, she would have selected the
shirt, jacket, even the color of socks and my tie.
I am left to make only decisions on the shoe I
wear and trust me when she wants to limit my
shoe options, she selects a brown belt.
And even if I dnt like what she selected, as soon
as I am in front of the mirror, I hear
"waoo u look so good".
"All those tea girls in your office should stay
away else...."
So over period , I have trusted her selection and
I dnt complain .
So do so with wisdom.
Appreciate him as much as u can.
There must be plenty "You LOOK so different
moments too" so his head can swell and align.
In addition, you don't have to spend too much to achieve this.
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by 9icest: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
Years ago my madam made similar complaint. And I became a sexy baddo cool...the day she finally got my phone password and reading about my sexcapades with those silly girls outside... She stopped bothering. I mean, it was just obvious. Before even if I wanted to approach all these girls... They run away think I'm some grandpa. Now they eye me....i took a public recently coz of rough road to sang... And there was this 19 year old girl who paid my tfare after condo say he doesn't have 1k balance. The thing wey I do for that girl... As in... I just keep thanking God my wife is such a blessing. Hahaha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by undisputedgbola(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!
You are a FOOL!

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Meanwhile, Mark Zuckerberg wears hoodie jacket and jeans and Priscilla Chan does not give a bleeping Bleep......well u aint her.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by ezewealth(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=PaperLace post=52631909]I understand your concern_ it shows you care. I've seen women who don't care as long as it doesn't affect her own look.
Some men are like that, a woman would know the whole colour wheel (including cockroach brown and custard yellow) while a man is okay knowing just primary colours.

You say you have been correcting him? How did you correct him? We're dealing with a grown man here_ he has been dressing that way without seeing anything wrong in it, approach is very important. Don't insult him in the process, first compliment the quality, colour or fitting..."Shugar I love this shirt, the stripes are cool BUT it would have gone better with a carton-coloured-pants or brown shoes".

Most times they have a mental picture of how they wanna look, but they don't know how to SHOP.
You have to put in work, it's not by saying "hey, I hate your dressing, it embarrasses me"_ WHAT EFFORT HAVE YOU PUT IN, ASIDE THE USUAL TALK-TALK-TALK?

A long time ago, my man was such a rigid dresser_ always so officially dressed like we were going for a meeting. On my part, I loved the whole yipee dressing.
WHAT DID I DO? I bought him 1 or 2 wears first, I remember the look on his face when I got him tan brogues. 'Told him I wanna follow him when next he's shopping. We got there and I influenced his choices.

Now that I have more disposable income, I handle his closet, down to his briefs. I have specific tailors for natives,office/casual trousers and shirts. I know all his measurements down to his shoes. When we are watching TV, he says "see that clothe/shoe, I like it"...I quickly take a pic, go source for the material or a look alike and that's it. He doesn't know what they sell at School Rd, Ariaria, Kent...etc, his own is to wear and receive compliments. I don't have a problem with that, I am okay with him looking like 'my man'.

His dress sense now is 99.9%, everybody is happy now wink.
Please, note that you do not have to spend millions to dress well, you only need to know the right places to shop.
Try this, come back and buy me any whisky.

I'll edit if I remember anything else.[/qu

U truly saw the fours walls of a university

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by tete7000(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:
Now, this is the thing... Nobody cares, nobody was there when you said your vows so why should anyone give a single fúck?
Madam take your issues to a counselor or the divorce court if you are too brain dead to work things out.
I mean I have seen couples have issues over more serious matters like finances, infidelity, abuse but this ?
You need a psychologist

GTFO

Who is this? Your brain must be in your anus, totally out of place.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by ezewealth(m): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2017
lestat:

Here's the thing you are clearly not cut out for marriage if your issue with your hubby is his preference for Gran daddy shirts over a hawes and Curtis .

Grow up get help work on your insecurity, this is an indication of a deep rooted inferiority complex on your part ...

And seriously don't bug me again

I hate to insult person, if u don't have anything to offer,shut your trap!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by decub: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.

It makes me not to find him sexy, even his boxers look like soccer shorts.
Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

Please, what can I do? Won't it be rude if I throw his old wears away?
We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?
I need practical solutions. Thank you all

So humorous! his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles
even his boxers look like soccer shorts.

But seriously, there are men like that and they see looking good as waste of money.
Do the needful, swing into action, shop for him, costume for him too and if he is not the stubborn type, you will change him.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by wintersnow(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Joy1706:

What nerve? Am I the poster? Son of a retardedd cuntt

Language Please
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
lol. the only part am interested in is that you had to open this account specifically for this thread cos you want to remain anonymous with your original moniker.

hypocrites!!! shame!!!
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Boyooosa(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
'even his boxers look like soccer shorts.'
We call it YERI, dont get it twisted!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
ezewealth:

I hate to insult person, if u don't have anything to offer,shut your trap!!!!!!
go ahead and crawl back into your hole.... Retarrd

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by kaybills(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!
Rubbish advice
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by bennie1980(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2017
My dear sister your case is very simple kindly change his wardrobe by buying all you will like on him including boxers. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
tete7000:

Who is this? Your brain must be in your anus, totally out of place.
Lemme guess you just learnt that word today... Clap clap clap now go out and play

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by klax(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
Woman! Woman!! Woman!!! How many time do I call you women Why is it you are never please in life

Your hubby not rich problem if he is rich problem.

Your hubby handsome nagging will start, deadly jealousy will start if ugly big trouble.

If your man dress well you will think he is dressing well to entice girls out their if he take it easy with sexy dress you call him village man.

Pls what, na wetin Sef

Woman go divorce him then if you are not pleased I'm sick of some women lack of satisfaction.

This is what lead to a married woman who went to work in a big office went for lunch in a nearby restaurant close to her office from their she met a strange man from their to hotel from their have good fun******** from their back to office from office to hospital vomiting blood from hospital to grave all are result of lack of satisfaction not pleased with what she have and ends up getting ritualist fatal accident in the hands of let loose devil in human flesh. This happened just last December 2016.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by goshen26: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
PaperLace:
I understand your concern_ it shows you care. I've seen women who don't care as long as it doesn't affect her own look.
Some men are like that, a woman would know the whole colour wheel (including cockroach brown and custard yellow) while a man is okay knowing just primary colours.

You say you have been correcting him? How did you correct him? We're dealing with a grown man here_ he has been dressing that way without seeing anything wrong in it, approach is very important. Don't insult him in the process, first compliment the quality, colour or fitting..."Shugar I love this shirt, the stripes are cool BUT it would have gone better with a carton-coloured-pants or brown shoes".

Most times they have a mental picture of how they wanna look, but they don't know how to SHOP.
You have to put in work, it's not by saying "hey, I hate your dressing, it embarrasses me"_ WHAT EFFORT HAVE YOU PUT IN, ASIDE THE USUAL TALK-TALK-TALK?

A long time ago, my man was such a rigid dresser_ always so officially dressed like we were going for a meeting. On my part, I loved the whole yipee dressing.
WHAT DID I DO? I bought him 1 or 2 wears first, I remember the look on his face when I got him tan brogues. 'Told him I wanna follow him when next he's shopping. We got there and I influenced his choices.

Now that I have more disposable income, I handle his closet, down to his briefs. I have specific tailors for natives,office/casual trousers and shirts. I know all his measurements down to his shoes. When we are watching TV, he says "see that clothe/shoe, I like it"...I quickly take a pic, go source for the material or a look alike and that's it. He doesn't know what they sell at School Rd, Ariaria, Kent...etc, his own is to wear and receive compliments. I don't have a problem with that, I am okay with him looking like 'my man'.

His dress sense now is 99.9%, everybody is happy now wink.
Please, note that you do not have to spend millions to dress well, you only need to know the right places to shop.
Try this, come back and buy me any whisky.

I'll edit if I remember anything else.

God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by raystanley(m): 7:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

Look for a way to raise money. Get his measurements and swing into action.

1. Buy him the kind of shoes you like and keep the ones that annoy you away.

2. Buy him the kind of clothes you like also and keep the ones that annoy you away.

3. Decide your fit.

4. As for boxers, haha !! Buy fine ones for him.

Select clothes combination for him when he is going out.

My baby does that almost all the time. Before I am out of the bath, she would have selected the shirt, jacket, even the color of socks and my tie.

I am left to make only decisions on the shoe I wear and trust me when she wants to limit my shoe options, she selects a brown belt.

And even if I dnt like what she selected, as soon as I am in front of the mirror, I hear

"waoo u look so good".

"All those tea girls in your office should stay away else...."

So over period , I have trusted her selection and I dnt complain .

So do so with wisdom.

There must be plenty "You LOOK so different moments too" so his head can swell and align.
case closed
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by raystanley(m): 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

2. Buy him the kind of clothes you like also and keep the ones that annoy you away.

3. Decide your fit.

My baby does that almost all the time. Before I am out of the bath, she would have selected the shirt, jacket, even the color of socks and my tie.

I am left to make only decisions on the shoe I wear and trust me when she wants to limit my shoe options, she selects a brown belt.

And even if I dnt like what she selected, as soon as I am in front of the mirror, I hear

"waoo u look so good".

So do so with wisdom.

There must be plenty "You LOOK so different moments too" so his head can swell and align.
case closed
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by raystanley(m): 7:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
AntiWailer:

3. Decide your fit.

"waoo u look so good".

So do so with wisdom.

There must be plenty "You LOOK so different moments too" so. his head can swell and align.
. Case closed
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
Worriedwife:
This issue has been disturbing me, I had to create a new id to get advice 'anonymously', maybe someone else who has gone through this can help. My husband's dress sense is poor, his shoes look like weapons...pointed mouth with very heavy soles. His colour combination is something else. He is a good-looking young man but dresses like an old man.

It makes me not to find him sexy, even his boxers look like soccer shorts.
Whenever we go out, people look at him like he's my gate man. The other day, we went to visit some family friends and someone there said, we don't look like we came out from the same house.

You know how people can be, news have been going around that I am spending all his money on myself while he goes about tattered. My in-laws are also part of the rumour mongers. I have tried to teach him, but he's not ready to learn. Before the usual didn't you know when you married him questions, I knew. He kept saying I am just a girlfriend and I want to change him. Now I am his wife, he still won't change.

Please, what can I do? Won't it be rude if I throw his old wears away?
We recently moved to PH, I don't know my way around yet. Things look expensive here, where can I shop at a fair rate?
I need practical solutions. Thank you all

(sexuality) one of the tools the devil is using to bring down many christians, when people loose focus from God this is what they get? Shadows, chasing shadows. Sighs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by canDy4eva(f): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
ajibolabd:
Divorce him, ASAP!
...is dat all u cn say?
Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by Obdk: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
Buy clothes for him....

Or get his measurements stroll to aba. . Get a good tailor. .

Dis shirt cost me #1600. Tailor #800. . Material #800

Cloth cheap for Aba like mad. . I even sow dis for Nnewi. . Imagine how cheap e go be for Aba

If u want dem go put hugo boss or even Gucci logo

Re: Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. by miyagi01(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
kudos to d people wit nyc comments nd contribution. nd to those wit myopic reasoning, who cnt thnk reasonably. nywayz, any outing mai gal, she knowz she has to dress well, d lipstick to use, her hair, everytin, coz i take note of dose tinz, nd comment also. to d myopic minds, u av to see ur partner nd be happy wit his/her appearance. if i mai ask, cn u go out wit a shabbily dressed lady. my advice; vals iz on d way, try nd get him nyc tops, nd a lovely shoe as a gift, nd gradually take over wot he wears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don't risk marriage with these set of people / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / Girl Smashed Her Birthday Cake On Her Mother's Face In Revenge (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.