Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96998 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:04am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

Yes
The tithes are given to the bishops
They are full time

Their needs must be provided but not through tithes
But free will giving
Galatians 6:6 read it
You give what you have not neccesirily 10 percent
And i make sure i participate fully during Galatians 6:6 day where we provide for our Preciding Bishop ( Dag Heward Mills )

Lies, simply humble yourself and go ask your pastor.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 5:05am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

Can I ask a simple question? What was the scripture that they used in Paul's day?

They used emmm.... Something sha, it wasn't the law.... Emmmm

Junia, oya, what was the name of the scriptures them Paul used... Remind us please. grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 6:35am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

Can I ask a simple question? What was the scripture that they used in Paul's day?

bro dere are several questions I have shown u including d one u intentionally ignored....Answer all my questions and I will try 2 answer urs okay...
starting wit u showing me where tithe is a spiritual principle from d bible....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by annunaki2(m): 6:55am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

So, you're saying God talks to you more than your pastor?

If my pastor is ignorant of the fact that church tithing is a fraud, then I am rest assured God talks to me more than such a pastor.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 6:55am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

It's your interpretation that seem faulty

Romans 7:12 (KJV Strong's)
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Once the foundation is faulty . Everything built on it will be faulty. Paul was quoting the law to Ephesians ! They weren't Jews!

Ephesians 6:2 (KJV Strong's)
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise

Unfortunately, its urs which is highly faulty...I have shown u different scriptures to prove dat d law which u ignorantly defend wit all ur might has been abolished and also been rendered useless but u still insist dat its relevant 2 u...

if Paul quoted d law to d Ephesians, why did d same Paul still say in the same Ephesians that Jesus destroyed the law?

why did Paul after saying the law was holy still make a mockery of d same law in Galatians?

didn't Paul who said the law was holy yet he and Barnabas had a confrontation with some Jews who insisted that the gentiles must obey the laws of moses?

and besides,U claim ur tithe is not based on the laws of moses,that d tithe u practice was before the law,why den do u seek 2 obey d law based tithe wen U claim it was before the law...Na wa ohh....Its either tither are confused or simply confused....

U talk about a faulty foundation....U will never find a beta faulty foundation Dan the one a tither uses...
U claim that u tithe based on a pre-law,Oryah show us who tithed,u point 2 Abraham...
okay show us which law Abraham was obeying,u said its spiritual principle.... okay show us d spiritual principle so dat we can learn,U keep evading the question and ask Anoda question...
Just admit it for once that U & ur likes have been exposed and ur doctrine of tithe has been dismantled... long before U even said any thing on tithes...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by annunaki2(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

They used emmm.... Something sha, it wasn't the law.... Emmmm

Junia, oya, what was the name of the scriptures them Paul used... Remind us please. grin

Dunce, Paul was inspired to write scriptures himself. The scriptures used in his time were the epistles.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

Hebrews 7:9 (KJV Strong's)
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

Thank God for scriptures like this . They said would have maintained it's not tithe . It's war booty . They wanted to kill the evidence . Just as some people who wanted to kill Lazarus after Jesus raised him . cool.

John 12:10 (KJV Strong's)
10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;

Satan you can't put tithing to death . You can't put offerings to death .you can't put worship of God to death in the name of any strange doctrine

Pastor joagbaje with spiritual gymnastics as usual. See what Abraham paid tithes from

Hebrews 7:4 KJV
Now consider how great this man was , unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Are you saying the holy spirit lied there that it was from ONLY spoils of that particular war?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 8:13am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

How many times will you have to be schooled that tithing preceeded Levites, who Bible said paid tithes to Melchizedek through Abraham? undecided

And Circumcision didn't predate Levite's which explains why the church doesn't require it today.

Just like Sabbath didn't even predate humanity except Adam which explains why pastor Chris doesn't hammer on it today

Gombs my friend, I'm coming to get you cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 8:15am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:

You're not a member there , you don't have a pastor . You can't say you're fully devoted and you don't do what is taught there . Just say you attend the service but not devoted .

Have you taken out time to ask your pastor clarification on tithes

Since his pastor is lying about tithes as you're doing now, you still want him to follow the pastor? What if his pastor teaches him that divorce isn't wrong? Should he still follow the pastor?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:15am On Jan 28, 2017
annunaki2:

If my pastor is ignorant of the fact that church tithing is a fraud, then I am rest assured God talks to me more than such a pastor.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by plainbibletruth: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Is it that you don't know how to read?

And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

What is difficult here to understand biko?

If tithing is a law, how then or what law justifies levites paying tithe to Melchizedek through Abraham? undecided

The book of Hebrews focuses on the fact that Jesus Christ is
- Superior to angels
- Superior in his priesthood to ALL priesthood that previously existed
- Superior in his ministry
- Superior in the New Covenant he has instituted

The references, illustrations and comparisons were all to butress this SINGULAR fact of his superiority.

Picking one verse out of context here and there to use in justifying your position on tithing not only diminishes the message the writer is passing across but also shows lack of true biblical scholarship.

Whatever system that God instituted for believers of previous dispensation were GOOD or in another word HOLY. However what Christ brought is BETTER or SUPERIOR to anything that previously existed. That is what the book of Hebrews is saying.

Saying that ANYTHING in the book of Hebrews calls the Christian to go back to any PRACTICE pre-law or pertaining to the Law is either a lack of understanding of that book or a deliberate intention to be mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2017
annunaki2:

Dunce, Paul was inspired to write scriptures himself. The scriptures used in his time were the epistles.

1. Why call me a dunce? Is that proper in a civil discussion?

2. Paul quoted the law and writings of the prophets many many times. What they had then was the not what you assumed. By the way, do you know what epistles mean?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

Pastor joagbaje with spiritual gymnastics as usual. See what Abraham paid tithes from

Now consider how great this man was , unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Are you saying the holy spirit lied there that it was from ONLY spoils of that particular war?

Hey buddy.. Long time

Good to have you around.

What do you understand by the term "levites paid tithes to Melchizedek through Abraham"?

Is there any chance in scriptures that suggests Abraham paid tithes once?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:39am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:
Cheerful giving is not a new testament revelation. Don't make big deal out of it. It's based on OT principle.
The challenge is just that some folks have not really studied the Old Testament. It's the foundation for the new
In your obstinate determination to keep possession of tithing and to continue to practising it you turn a blind eye to the truth that OT principle is a shadow of NT principle

OT principle is a guardian, it was watching over until the graduation on to the NT principle

The challenge is just that some folks have not really studied to know that tithing, a former law and commandment, has been set aside because of its weakness and uselessness for another law and commandment, because of its strength and usefulness

Tithing is weak and useless because there is no priest and no Levite for the physical exchange
Tithing is also weak and useless because there no more is the temple in Jerusalem and no more are the Levitical cities in Israel

petra1:
It's not syncrisis. It's perfect illustration
Reiterating, the 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 you quoted, is a syncrisis, written as a figure of speech in which opposite things were compared
but if you says 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 isnt a syncrisis, which incidentally is also known as synkrisis, what exactly is 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 a perfect illustration of?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:39am On Jan 28, 2017
petra1:
Hebrews 7:9 (KJV Strong's)
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

Thank God for scriptures like this . They said would have maintained it's not tithe . It's war booty . They wanted to kill the evidence . Just as some people who wanted to kill Lazarus after Jesus raised him . cool.

John 12:10 (KJV Strong's)
10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;

Satan you can't put tithing to death . You can't put offerings to death .you can't put worship of God to death in the name of any strange doctrine

Candour:

Dont mind him and Gombs, his bumbling close associate
They can't seem to see the wood for the money trees, and are unable to understand that Hebrews 7:4 etcetera which they wave around is not positing tithes,
Hebrews 7 is taking solely about the validity of the priesthood of Jesus Christ
It is talking about Jesus and putting forward as fact that Jesus is of a superior priesthood to that of the Levites

As a matter of fact, the book of Hebrews IS NOT ABOUT tithe being pre-dating and superceding the Mosaic Law, not about the Aaronic priesthood or the Melchizedek priesthood in Abraham's day, but is about Jesus Christ being a different priest, who is like Melchizedek

Over 99.9% of the book of Hebrews is talking about the supremacy of Jesus Christ
and profusely talking on about how Jesus Christ has a superior priesthood
but all what tithe marketeers can think of out of all in the entire book of Hebrews and zero on to, is tithe. SMH

The over reliance on tithe has put the fear on them that their organisation will collapse, will become non functional and its structure crumble, if tithe is no more made available to them.

The truth is, if tithing is stopped, most of these organisations will be forced to close up shop because all their arguments are based on their entitlement to tithes which they have no right to, their dependence and their reliance on tithes to stay/keep afloat

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 10:02am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Hey buddy.. Long time

Good to have you around.

What do you understand by the term "levites paid tithes to Melchizedek through Abraham"?

Is there any chance in scriptures that suggests Abraham paid tithes once?

You tell me where scripture remotely suggests Abraham paid tithes on anything apart from the spoils of his ONLY war. See the scripture

Hebrews 7:9-10 KJV
And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. [10] For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

The bold portion is very time specific. Can you point to any other time?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Candour(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Dont mind him and Gombs, his bumbling close associate
They can't seem to see the wood for the money trees, and are unable to understand that Hebrews 7:4 etcetera which they wave around is not positing tithes,
Hebrews 7 is taking solely about the validity of the priesthood of Jesus Christ
It is talking about Jesus and putting forward as fact that Jesus is of a superior priesthood to that of the Levites

As a matter of fact, the book of Hebrews IS NOT ABOUT tithe being pre-dating and superceding the Mosaic Law, not about the Aaronic priesthood or the Melchizedek priesthood in Abraham's day, but is about Jesus Christ being a different priest, who is like Melchizedek

Over 99.9% of the book of Hebrews is talking about the supremacy of Jesus Christ
and profusely talking on about how Jesus Christ has a superior priesthood
but all what tithe marketeers can think of out of all in the entire book of Hebrews and zero on to, is tithe. SMH

The over reliance on tithe has put the fear on them that their organisation will collapse, will become non functional and its structure crumble, if tithe is no more made available to them.

The truth is, if tithing is stopped, most of these organisations will be forced to close up shop because all their arguments are based on their entitlement to tithes which they have no right to, their dependence and their reliance on tithes to stay/keep afloat

Just leave the 2 of them to be twisting Hebrews anyhow. How anybody can use Hebrews 7 as justification for collecting tithes from Christians never ceases to amaze me!!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:
Just leave the 2 of them to be twisting Hebrews anyhow.
How anybody can use Hebrews 7 as justification for collecting tithes from Christians never ceases to amaze me
!!
You and I know why
It is because without tithe, Christ Embassy Osogbo and others will collapse and close shop. Kikiki ki.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 10:29am On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

Are U saying petra1 is joagbaje?
That's very serious...I wish I had known earlier...smh
oga candour happy new year...its been a while..how family?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Lies, simply humble yourself and go ask your pastor.
You don't know and im telling you Some may be used for other things But i was told that is what the Bishops are paid from
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2017
openmine:

Are U saying petra1 is joagbaje?
That's very serious...I wish I had known earlier...smh
oga candour happy new year...its been a while..how family?
Alter ego my friend
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Is it that you don't know how to read?

And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

What is difficult here to understand biko?

If tithing is a law, how then or what law justifies levites paying tithe to Melchizedek through Abraham? undecided

They didn't pay tithe to Melchizedek

In addition, we might even say that these Levites-- the ones who collect the tithe--paid a tithe to Melchizedek when their ancestor Abraham paid a tithe to him.

Check the last part
When their ancestor Abraham paid a tithe to him
They didn't pay tithe to Melchizedek, it was Abraham who paid tithes to him. So because of what Abraham has done, it can be assumed that the levites have
paid tithes to Melchizedek.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

So, you're saying God talks to you more than your pastor?
God talks to everyone bro Whether He talks to my Pastor more or less, He talks to us all. Just be spirit concious and you will recognize His voice
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Candour:

You tell me where scripture remotely suggests Abraham paid tithes on anything apart from the spoils of his ONLY war. See the scripture

Ahn ahn... Answer greetings na grin

You'd do good to answer me first. Thanks

And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. [10] For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

The bold portion is very time specific. Can you point to any other time?

Time specific? Candour... It's me o, not some rookie grin

The bible said "TITHES"... notice the plural

Receiveth is a continuous term meaning receives not received

Keypoint is... Levites paid to Melchizedek (even today ie Jews ) in Abraham... Out father of faith.

You're yet to explain

What do you understand by the term "levites paid tithes to Melchizedek in Abraham"?

Thank you
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

You don't know and im telling you
Some may be used for other things
But i was told that is what the Bishops are paid from

Better rendered this way... wink

Don't you just feel better with yourself now? Truth liberates. wink

Go and sin no more
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Better rendered this way... wink

Don't you just feel better with yourself now? Truth liberates. wink

Go and sin no more

It doesn't change the fact that the tithe is what they are paid from
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Keypoint is... Levites paid to Melchizedek (even today ie Jews ) in a Abraham... Out father of faith.

You're yet to explain

Thank you

In addition, we might even say that these Levites-- the ones who collect the tithe--paid a tithe to Melchizedek when their ancestor Abraham paid a tithe to him.

Check the last part
They didn't pay tithe to Melchizedek, it was Abraham
who paid tithes to him. So because of what Abraham
has done, it can be assumed that the levites have
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:21am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

Easy English
So, by the *priests in his family, Levi gets the tenth part from the people. But we could say that, by Abraham, Levi also paid a tenth part to Melchizedek.

Are you saying that the Bible lied? Candour.... Are you of same thought process?

Check the last part
They didn't pay tithe to Melchizedek, it was Abraham who paid tithes to him.

All these is just to discredit tithing o... Your brazenly lying and twisting plain grammar just as you fought the "first church" till I nailed you to the cross of humility.

I mean... See plain English o grin grin

So because of what Abraham has done, [b]it can be assumed [/b]that the levites have

Lol

Candour... Come and see o grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

It doesn't change the fact that the tithe is what they are paid from

You lied that the tithes were given to them.. It's different from they are paid from it.

The reason is, Some church tithes for a month is 8 to 9 digits.. You claiming it's given to Bishops is a huge lie.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

Stop lying na grin grin

You're having comprehension challenge or what?

Check the last part
They didn't pay tithe to Melchizedek, it was Abraham
who paid tithes to him. So because of what Abraham
has done, it can be assumed that the levites have

I think I am done with you.. Thanks bro wink
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 11:36am On Jan 28, 2017
Gombs:

Keypoint is... Levites paid to Melchizedek (even today ie Jews ) in Abraham... Out father of faith.

You're yet to explain

What do you understand by the term "levites paid tithes to Melchizedek in Abraham"?

Thank you
Nothing to explain,
what where you expecting to be used for Levites.
Of course, if one Levite, then one tithe was paid,
but since its more than one Levite who proxy Abraham paid tithe, then the plural tithes is used.
SMH, can't believe anyone will ask for this to be explained.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Gombs(m): 11:52am On Jan 28, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Nothing to explain,
what where you expecting to be used for Levites.
Of course, if one Levite, then one tithe was paid,
but since its more than one Levite who proxy Abraham paid tithe, then the plural tithes is used.
SMH, can't believe anyone will ask for this to be explained.

Back off, if I needed your 'intelligence' I'd have requested so.. Until then, back off

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo And Apostle Suleman's Snapchat Video Screenshots Released / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) / Ten Richest Pastors In Nigeria 2017 And Their Net Worth

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.