Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,734 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96623 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Tithes is not only based on agric product . It's given on POSSESSIONS or GAINS or INCOME

Luke 18:12 (KJV)
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

Totally false...this was a parable told by Christ to illustrate the gullible nature of the Pharisee...
And besides,Its unthinkable that you will use the statement of a gullible Pharisee in order to justify that tithes are paid from what he possesses...
Cant U see that his tithe payment is not according to the laws of moses....
Cant U see that his tithe is based on falsehood?
Cant You see that Christ made that parable to show that the gullible Pharisee was only trying to impress God by making a comparison between him and the tax collector?

So U now believe in the tithes made by the Pharisee more than what was contained in the laws of moses?
Unbelievable cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Not at all. As long as theirs a high priest and there is a God we must worship him with substance

Yes .. but not in a form of tithing
He demands our body and worshipping Him in truth
Give me a scripture were God demanded something from us which is not in the law ??
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Tithes is not only based on agric product . It's given on POSSESSIONS or GAINS or INCOME

Luke 18:12 (KJV)
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luke 18:12 (NLT)
12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income

Luke 18:12 (AMPC)
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

You cannot lean on this
The church had possesions but they didn't tithe
Jesus called tithe a law
Therefore it is a law
There is nothing like kingdom principles
Give me a scripture to justify that
Tithe .. circumcision .. burnt offerings .. animal sacrifices .. eating of clean animals only .. all are laws and Christ has fulfilled them for us
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

He said the same way the ministers of the temple got their welfare . Same goes for the ministers of the gospel . It's tithes and offerings God had ordained . And recorded from Melchizedek to date

Lies
Matthew 10 10
Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

This was the time the apostles were sent by Jesus
Did he tell them to take tithes from the people
They preached the gospel and their needs were provided by the people who received them
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Heavenly102: 1:55am On Jan 27, 2017
When Jesus was on the earth, people were living under the law of Moses. they COULD NOT live under new testament principles, so thats why Jesus admonished tithe: because they were obligated to observe the law of Moses
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
Junia:

Lies
Matthew 10 10
Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

They were disciples , he was the pastor . But remember Jesus taught that men should tithe .

Matthew 23:23 (NLT)
. . . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:01am On Jan 27, 2017
Junia:

You cannot lean on this
The church had possesions but they didn't tithe
Jesus called tithe a law

It's only contained in the law . If we are to God by thus your by force teaching ,He called honoring your father a"law also . Is it wrong to honor your parents because the law says so . Or according to you "ITS A LAW"?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2017
openmine:

My bro am not willing to go down that path with you...
We are not discussing science or "word usage"...
Please direct ur assumptions using the bible...
Like i said,it will be beneficial...
This should be the 10th time i asked for a scripture quotation from every "assumption" U have made...
You cannot prove anything without the word...shey u know that?

Righteousnes makes you right by faith and gives you the ability to live right . Righteousness is a gift but we have Christians who ,kill ,steal 419. Adultery as a lifestyle. But they speak in tongues you see. living out the manifestation of the nature is your responsibility. That's vital experience.

1 John 2:29 (KJV Strong's)
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:7-8 (KJV Strong's)
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

That's why Jesus warned

Matthew 7:23 (KJV Strong's)
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

He said the same way the ministers of the temple got their welfare . Same goes for the ministers of the gospel . It's tithes and offerings God had ordained . And recorded from Melchizedek to date

Its like u dont know what you are typing bro.

Things of the temple like like tithe or burnt offerings according to that Corinthians belong to those who partake and minister in the temple .

And for your information, the Levitical temple era is gone .. So it futher said the Lord arranged that those who preach the goodnews should live by the goodnews

Now when Jesus said those who preach the goodnews should live by the goodnews. Read your bible and listen to his instruction

" So stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they provide, for the worker is worthy of his wages " - Luke 10:7

Was Jesus reffering to tithe in this Instruction ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

" So stay in that house, eating and drinking the things they provide, for the worker is worthy of his wages " - Luke 10:7

Was Jesus reffering to tithe in this Instruction ?

They were only disciples not the pastors. Members of the church sent out to evangelise don't go about collecting offerings or tithes. There has to be an institution. Remember Jesus had tresurer. So it's not everyone to be going about collecting money .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 9:56am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Righteousnes makes you right by faith and gives you the ability to live right . Righteousness is a gift but we have Christians who ,kill ,steal 419. Adultery as a lifestyle. But they speak in tongues you see. living out the manifestation of the nature is your responsibility. That's vital experience.

1 John 2:29 (KJV Strong's)
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:7-8 (KJV Strong's)
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

That's why Jesus warned

Matthew 7:23 (KJV Strong's)
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Okay I get U now but am still waiting for scriptures about "tithe being an eternal principle"....pardon me for bringing it up,but I just want to ensure dat aspect is nipped in d bud..tanks!!
please don't forget to add scriptures to back ur assumptions,Thanks!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by OlaoChi: 10:22am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

That's assumption, kindly use illustrations that fit
That is a very fitting illustration

Abraham is a jewish ancestor not African. How his life is supposed to be a model to an African is completely absurd
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CAPTIVATOR: 10:43am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

They were only disciples not the pastors. Members of the church sent out to evangelise don't go about collecting offerings or tithes. There has to be an institution. Remember Jesus had tresurer. So it's not everyone to be going about collecting money .

this response really shocked me, you know why: Because the scripture we are discussing actually says those who preach the gospel . hehehehehe thread closed with the bold , now If Jesus is the pastor, show me where he collect tithes even quoting malachi 3:10 ?

With the bold, this thread should be closed, Jesus sent all his disciples out to evangelise , YEs or No ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

this response really shocked me, you know why: Because the scripture we are discussing actually says those who preach the gospel . hehehehehe thread closed with the bold , now If Jesus is the pastor, show me where he collect tithes even quoting malachi 3:10 ?

With the bold, this thread should be closed, Jesus sent all his disciples out to evangelise , YEs or No ?

If Jesus taught that men should pay tithes . It shows his endorsement. That is all that counts. There's no place where God spoke against tithing. Jesus blood didn't pay for it either . His blood only made him highpriest over our tithes
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2017
openmine:

Okay I get U now but am still waiting for scriptures about "tithe being an eternal principle"....pardon me for bringing it up,but I just want to ensure dat aspect is nipped in d bud..tanks!!
please don't forget to add scriptures to back ur assumptions,Thanks!

It's just a simple common sense , except you Just want to do entrapment (no offense) principles don't have end .

Is there a scripture that says there's an end to tithes and offering?

Psalms 110:4(KJV Strong's)
4 . . Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

there is also a portion where he called the tithes ordinance forever or so which I'm trying to remember .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2017
OlaoChi:
That is a very fitting illustration

Abraham is a jewish ancestor not African. How his life is supposed to be a model to an African is completely absurd

He's our ancestor also . He's our father of faith .

Galatians 3:14 (KJV Strong's)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:59am On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

If Jesus taught that men should pay tithes . It shows his endorsement. That is all that counts. There's no place where God spoke against tithing. Jesus blood didn't pay for it either . His blood only made him highpriest over our tithes

Stop preaching heresy, as at that time ... Tithe, and other mosaic laws are still in operation, Even when Jesus was born Mary went to the temple with two young turtledoves or pigeons as the law says, As at that time people still offer sacrifices in the temple and the altar, @ Matthew5:23 he taught on it , Do u still gift sacrifices on the altar ? . Even that Matthew 23:23 mentioned that the tithes are herbs or agricultural produces NOT money .

The same Jesus support circumcision Read John 7:22-24, Yet its not binding on Christians , Nowhere do we read that preachers of the goodnews demand tithes from their fellow Christians .

The obligation of Christians is to preach, and those sent out to preach are not to collect tithes - you even said it !!!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CAPTIVATOR: 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

He's our ancestor also . He's our father of faith .

Galatians 3:14 (KJV Strong's)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

That Abraham did something doesnt make it binding on Christians for example : he circumcised his whole household Yet Circumcision is not binding on Christians .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

It's just a simple common sense , except you Just want to do entrapment (no offense) principles don't have end .

Stop evading the question..You will gain nothing by doing so..If its "common sense" like U said prove it by offering scriptures to back the "common sense" that you are talking about....Or beta still Just own up and claim U dont have proof to backup that wild and shocking claim that "tithe is an eternal principle"...Simple!!

petra1:

I knew U wud ask this question which is a disappointment....
Just so you know,tithe is part of the law of moses and not an ethernal principle which u r still trying to remember!
Its there in the laws of moses...

Numbers 18
Leviticus 27:30
Deuteronomy 26
Deuteronomy 14:22 - 26
Hebrews 7:11 - 20

petra1:

This scripture proves absolutely nothing....or corresponds to tithe being an eternal principle

Are U saying this scripture quotation buttresses ur point?
Incredible shocked shocked

petra1:

there is also a portion where he called the tithes ordinance forever or so which I'm trying to remember .

I will give U an entire year and you wont be able to remember or find such scripture in the bible...
There is absolutely nothing like that...that was an assumption a pastor told you using "common sense" not the bible!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

Matthew5:23 he taught on it , Do u still gift sacrifices on the altar ?

If Read my earlier posts. What christ fulfilled is not applicable . But the principles are still applicable . I may not offer burnt sacrifice . But God still receive my prayer, my work of service or my ficnancial giving as burnt sacrifice.

Even that Matthew 23:23 mentioned that the tithes are herbs or agricultural produces NOT money

They don't give tithes and offerings of perishable things . They sell them and give tithes of the income .

23 For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

The same Jesus support circumcision Read John 7:22-24, Yet its not binding on Christians ,

What christ fulfilled is spelt out in scripture . It's fulfilled in christ at salvation

Nowhere do we read that preachers of the goodnews demand tithes from their fellow Christians .

Why are you attacking tithes . What about offering ? Why are you not attacking offering . What about alms to the poor . What about honoring your parents . Has christ fulfilled those ? Preachers are tithers and givers. Not collectors .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by annunaki2(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Is it the same one off tithe of war booty that Abraham gave to melchizedek that is an eternal principle? shocked if that's the case, based on this "eternal" principle, we should tithe only once in our lifetime.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

That Abraham did something doesnt make it binding on Christians for example : he circumcised his whole household Yet Circumcision is not binding on Christians .

Christ fulfilled circumcisiom . And it was spelt out. It's not every detail of the law that' applicable . Neither every detail are principles .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

It's only contained in the law . If we are to God by thus your by force teaching ,He called honoring your father a"law also . Is it wrong to honor your parents because the law says so . Or according to you "ITS A LAW"?

According to the law of Christ
You honour your parents because you love them
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

They were disciples , he was the pastor . But remember Jesus taught that men should tithe .

. . . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Why didnt you add the remaining which says it is a law
Jesus called tithing a law
It is therefore a law
There is nothing like kingdom principles
Gimme a scripture that talks about that

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2017
annunaki2:

Is it the same one off tithe of war booty that Abraham gave to melchizedek that is an eternal principle? shocked if that's the case, based on this "eternal" principle, we should tithe only once in our lifetime.

Having only one incidence recorded doesn't make it a one time action. Secondly even if it is a once in a life time . The principle still stand . Abraham was recorded to have prayed once . Does that nullify prayers ? It's a principle of the kingdom. Prayers being mentioned in the law does not demonize prayer . Offering is there Why is it tithe that it's only tithe that is fought against . It shows there is something peculiar about it. And it's only God that knows why .
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

He endorsed it because it was a law
And He was also fulfilling the law so He cannot speak against it
Now we are not under the law
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
Junia:

Why didnt you add the remaining which says it is a law
Jesus called tithing a law

Where did he call it a law. Quote it out
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Where did he call it a law. Quote it out
The same Matthew 23:23 you used Check the last part
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
HEBREWS 7:11 - 20

11 The people were given the law under the system of priests from the tribe of Levi. But no one could be made spiritually perfect through that system of priests. So there was a need for another priest to come. I mean a priest like Melchizedek, not Aaron.

12 And when a different kind of PRIEST comes, THEN THE LAW MUST BE CHANGED TOO

13-14 We are talking about our Lord Christ, who belonged to a different tribe. No one from that tribe ever served as a priest at the altar. It is clear that Christ came from the tribe of Judah. And Moses said nothing about priests belonging to that tribe.

15 And these things become even clearer when we see that another priest has come who is like Melchizedek.

16 He was made a priest, but not because he met the requirement of being born into the right family. He became a priest by the power of a life that will never end.

17 This is what the Scriptures say about him: “You are a priest forever—the kind of priest Melchizedek was.”

18 The old rule is now ended because it was weak and worthless. 19 The Law of Moses could not make anything perfect. But now a better hope has been given to us. And with that hope we can come near to God.

20 Also, it is important that God made a promise with an oath when he made Jesus high priest. When those other men became priests, there was no oath.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by petra1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
Junia:

The same Matthew 23:23 you used
Check the last part

Quote it out where he said tithing is a law . While you're doing that I want you to look at this scripture

Exodus 20:12 (KJV Strong's)
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

QUESTION: Is it right or wrong for Christians to honor their parents
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by openmine(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
petra1:

Christ fulfilled circumcisiom . And it was spelt out. It's not every detail of the law that' applicable . Neither every detail are principles .
Are you implying that any law that wasn't mentioned as been fulfilled is still applicable?
like burning of incense? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (38) (Reply)

Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Stephanie Otobo And Apostle Suleman's Snapchat Video Screenshots Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.