Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,918 members, 7,821,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (96404 Views)

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by martineverest(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2017
Mrtolotolo:

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. Jesus did not come to do way with the law he wanted to fulfill the law and do what it could not do, which is save flesh. The lord gave the tithes to the priest because they were not able to till the land, they had to give themselves as intercessor to the lord at all times, thats why they had to offer sacrifices, one for them and one for the people..

he didnt come to destroy the law,but to CORRECT it
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Sammiejokes(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2017
Deu 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for
whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for
sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for
whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat
there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt
rejoice, thou, and thine household.
my people perish because of lack of knowledge. it is serial fraud for you to take money to church. If God wanted the money he would have said take the money to the my house.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by addizzle(f): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2017
Is good to pay ur tithe...I think d reason dy prefer Malachi to Deu is simply because Malachi hits d nail on d head better....wat do u think
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dukecharles(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:
Contrary to popular belief, tithing is not an old testament thingy. Jesus spoke about it in Matthew 23:23.

Is it a coincidences that Jesus condemned tithing and the tithers in two different occasion in the bible? Cf mt 23 vs 23 , Luke 11 vs 42 also the parable of the Tax collector and pharasee praying in the temple Luke 18 vs 11. Remember, Jesus and his apostles never tithed to the temple or anyone and it's obvious that non of them was from the tribe of Levi. So why should we Christian tithe? Are we practicing Christanity or Judaism?. Remember we are not under the law Romans 6 vs 14
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by melejo(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Op the pastor never forbid you from reading your Bible. You are only entertaining the gullible like Seun of nairaland. Malachi as well says "that there may be meat in my house" so it never said any different thing from others. Scripture says you should study your Bible, so do so and improve on what your pastor is preaching. There is no where it is said that your pastor must be more knowledgeable in the Bible than you. Go and read your Bibleand practice what is acceptable and stop all this Sunday nonsence

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Sammiejokes(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2017
addizzle:
Is good to pay ur tithe...I think d reason dy prefer Malachi to Deu is simply because Malachi hits d nail on d head better....wat do u think
We all know tithe is good but our pastors has been twisting the way tithe is administered. they say tithe but tithe is about giving to the poor, the pastor and having a good time with your family in the church.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by jamace(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:
Contrary to popular belief, tithing is not an old testament thingy. Jesus spoke about it in Matthew 23:23.

Mat 23:23
" Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone".

If you really understood above passage, it is the exact old testament way the pastors of today are doing it , and that is what Jesus was condemning. Jesus did not ask his followers for tithes and neither did the apostles of Jesus practice it!

It is the mammon spirit in modern day pastors that took them to the old testament way. They have left the 10 commandments of God to tithing.

In short, modern day pastors who hinge their preachings on tithes can be likened to king Saul of Israel who preferred sacrifice to obeying the word of God..

Tithes preaching pastors should repent else the anger of God will come upon them! Sellah.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by llade(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2017
martineverest:
read vs 22...it tellls more about the supremacy of jesus' convenant instead of the law
U dey read bible well
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by CecyAdrian(f): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2017
Mrtolotolo:

Tithes usually go to the salaries of church workers, to the upkeep of church facilities, and to charity (support of widows and orphans). Offerings are one's gifts to advance God's cause (for evangelism, missions, relief and development, etc.)

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by addizzle(f): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2017
Sammiejokes:

We all know tithe is good but our pastors has been twisting the way tithe is administered. they say tithe but tithe is about giving to the poor, the pastor and having a good time with your family in the church.
my brother I understand u...let just do d needful how they spend it shouldn't be our concern...they sure gonna face Gods judgement..
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Are our men present day men of God descendants of Levites to be collecting tithe and moreover, I thought the death of Jesus Christ put an end to all these laws?
The coming of Jesus NOT THROUGH TRIBE OF LEVITES BUT RATHER tribe of Judah "a tribe that is unworthy and not chosen to officiate as priesthood" NULLIFIED ANY BASIS FOR TODAY PASTORS TO LEGITIMATELY RECEIVE TITHES, our oversabi pastors should take note. That they are receiving tithes ILLEGITIMATELY to their own peril. HEBREW 7: 5, 14,

5. AND INDEED THOSE WHO ARE OF THE SONS OF LEVI, WHO RECEIVE THE PRIESTHOOD, HAVE A COMMANDMENT TO RECEIVE TITHES FROM THE PEOPLE ACCORDING TO THE LAW, THAT IS, FROM THEIR BRETHREN, THOUGH THEY HAVE COME FROM THE LOINS OF ABRAHAM;

14 FOR IT IS EVIDENT THAT ]OUR LORD AROSE FROM JUDAH, OF WHICH TRIBE MOSES SPOKE NOTHING CONCERNING PRIESTHOOD]

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by bukolafakeye(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2017
in the Bible tithes are not paid on wages / salaries tithes are paid on farm produce and spoils Og wars Christ preaches love for poor vulnerable people to feed and fight for them with our resources mindless of percentage pastors are merchants feeding on gullibility of many in the Bible tithes are not paid on wages / salaries tithes are paid on farm produce and spoils Og wars Christ preaches love for poor vulnerable people to feed and fight for them with our resources mindless of percentage pastors are merchants feeding on gullibility of many in the Bible tithes are not paid on wages / salaries tithes are paid on farm produce and spoils Og wars Christ preaches love for poor vulnerable people to feed and fight for them with our resources mindless of percentage pastors are merchants feeding on gullibility of many
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dukecharles(m): 10:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Sammiejokes:

Brother tithing is not good neither Jesus or his apostles did it. Be a cheerful giver not a 10% law abiding giver. Jesus frowns at such people. Cf luke 11 vs 42 and luke 18 vs 11

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2017
CecyAdrian:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

You have been given someone to enable you to live the Christian life bravely – the Holy Spirit. He isn’t just a guide at the information booth along the heavenly trail: He is the Spirit of Christ – come to live in you.

Spiritual discernment is calling on the Holy Spirit to lead or give direction on a matter. It is how the Spirit shows the church or its people what God wants them to do and be.

So my dear sister, ask God about tithing. I'm very sure you will get all the answers you need.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Boss13: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
There is nothing wrong with tithing or I prefer to say GIVING. Jesus was not against it, but I think it is wrong to make it mandatory just like pastors are doing now, making members feel they are committing a crime if they do not give. That is what Matt 23:23 is about. Focus on all important things and not just one thing - TITHE. Do not neglect one for the other.

Jesus also said give to those you know you cannot get anything from - apparently the poor. Give without expecting, but our pastors have twisted it to give so you can be blessed heavenly. Give so you can be saved heavenly and even give so you can have enough heavenly credit to make it to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Sammiejokes(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2017
addizzle:
my brother I understand u...let just do d needful how they spend it shouldn't be our concern...they sure gonna face Gods judgement..
I do the the needful by helping the needy in church, raise fund for widows but put money in envelop and dance to the front. That I will not do. I can go any length to help people but not fund a pool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2017
xcllaxix:
Trying to interpret the holy scriptures with our human understanding alone is futile..it can only be fully understood with the help of the Holy Spirit cuz its a mystery..its more than just a book.. We only end up confusing others and ourselves when we strive to unravel it by our own wisdom alone..
God has giving us the knowledge to understand his word
And those who do not have it
He (GOD) say "ask for it and it shall be giving unto you"

If you truly read your bible to lean (not to look for verse to nail your pastor), by then, God will open your heart to see the meaning of every of his word

I thank God that many are beginning to see and understand the word of God

By special Grace of God
I am an evangelist (with a ministry)
I'm saying tithe is less important in church
In fact if you read new testament with an open mind (with the help of holy spirit)
You will see that God is against 80 percent of our doctrine in church

I am here to teach the truth and nothing but the truth

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Sheikwonder(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:

EJED! I FOUND THE FUC-KER, HAHAHAHAHA!
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by addizzle(f): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Sammiejokes:

I do the the needful by helping the needy in church, raise fund for widows but put money in envelop and dance to the front. That I will not do. I can go any length to help people but not fund a pool.
ok Bro.... As d spirit leads
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Enasuarez(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2017
CecyAdrian:
While reading through the scripture one day, I came across rules and regulations concerning tithe in Deuteronomy , I was shocked because I never knew that the issue of tithe was talked about anywhere else excerpt in Malachi 3:8. Now, when you take a look at Deuteronomy 14 when God was giving the children of Israelite rules and regulations, God explained the concept or reason for tithe to them and gave them rules to abide in regards to it, from verse 22 downwards explains it so well.

Then you also go to Deuteronomy 26:12 downwards, the same rule was also repeated, and an very sure that the reason why God said that we should bring our tithes and offering in Malachi 3: 10 was for the actualization of his rules and regulation in Deuteronomy, which is feeding the Levites, poor, widows and the needy in the society

So, now I ask, why do pastors prefer Malachi even to the extent of twisting it to favour their aims instead of giving their church members the full concept, rules and regulations regarding tithing which the Lord commanded in Deuteronomy.

Dear writer, don't mistaken giving of alms to tithing. The word of God standeth sure. Malachi 3 vs 10-11, God was trying to tell us that the key to kingdom prosperity lies in tithing. He said and I shall open the windows of heaven and pour you blessings and devourers rebuked as a result of your obedience. Don't be concern about who takes the tithe, but be concerned about His faithfulness to fulfilling His promises. if you don't give your tithe, things would be tight for you and devourers would come in different forms of wasting to swallow your finances. Take it nor leave it, tithing averts calamities and opens doors of sweatless blessings to addicted tithers. So learn to be an addicted tither not a mocker of the written word.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dukecharles(m): 10:41am On Jan 22, 2017
Tithe was alotted to the tribe of Levi because Moses didnt give them any inheritance.Cf Joshua 18 vs 7 and Deut. 10 vs 9.Did your pastor not inherit patrimonial endowment just like the rest of his brothers? Is it Coincidences that Jesus condemned tithing and the tithers in two different occasion in the bible? Cf mt 23 vs 23 , Luke 11 vs 42 also the parable of the Tax collector and pharasee praying in the temple cf Luke 18 vs 11. Remember, Jesus and his apostles never tithed to the temple or anyone and it's obvious that non of them was from the tribe of Levi. So why should we Christian tithe? Are we practicing Christanity or Judaism?. Remember we are not under the law Romans 6 vs 14

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nowenuse: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2017
petra1:

Money was given in bible days also . It's a choice . Did Abraham give agric produce ?

Of course i think he did. There was no cash or currency notes during his time.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:
Mathew 19:23 .Why did Jesus not ask him to pay tithe after selling his belongings? No pastor today is a levite. Moreover Jesus came to free us from the curse of the law. Unless you want to put yourself in bondage.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by shevon: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2017
This was exactly my argument when I posted this: https://www.nairaland.com/1400899/lets-discuss-deu-14-22-29
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by dukecharles(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Enasuarez:

Dear writer, don't mistaken giving of alms to tithing. The word of God standeth sure. Malachi 3 vs 10-11, God was trying to tell us that the key to kingdom prosperity lies in tithing. He said and I shall open the windows of heaven and pour you blessings and devourers rebuked as a result of your obedience. Don't be concern about who takes the tithe, but be concerned about His faithfulness to fulfilling His promises. if you don't give your tithe, things would be tight for you and devourers would come in different forms of wasting to swallow your finances. Take it nor leave it, tithing averts calamities and opens doors of sweatless blessings to addicted tithers. So learn to be an addicted tither not a mocker of the written word.

You have been brainwashed my dear? Where does Dangote, Bill Gates, Obama, Mark Zuckerberg, and every other single person that is successful pay their tithe. I can't do what Jesus condemned.cf mat 23 vs23 ,Luke 18 vs 11, Luke 11 vs 42. I practice Christian not Judaism. The key to sweatless blessings is by being a Cheerful giver not a 10% law abiding giver.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by ilynem(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2017
Sheikwonder:

EJED! I FOUND THE FUC-KER, HAHAHAHAHA!
Pastor Chris!!! shocked shocked. My brother! Good to see you here. Please check out this thread I created. https://www.nairaland.com/3573920/did-allah-spread-christianity . Mad man
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by ccasilas(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2017
Because they are greedy by cover the truth and follow there way in other to enrich themselves,
the bible have clearly told us how tithes should be paid in the book of Deuteronomy 14:22-29 not to those Bible robbers, because there own is more far worst than arm robbers
let consider what bible said in the book of Matthew 23:23-29
CecyAdrian:
While reading through the scripture one day, I came across rules and regulations concerning tithe in Deuteronomy , I was shocked because I never knew that the issue of tithe was talked about anywhere else excerpt in Malachi 3:8. Now, when you take a look at Deuteronomy 14 when God was giving the children of Israelite rules and regulations, God explained the concept or reason for tithe to them and gave them rules to abide in regards to it, from verse 22 downwards explains it so well.

Then you also go to Deuteronomy 26:12 downwards, the same rule was also repeated, and an very sure that the reason why God said that we should bring our tithes and offering in Malachi 3: 10 was for the actualization of his rules and regulation in Deuteronomy, which is feeding the Levites, poor, widows and the needy in the society

So, now I ask, why do pastors prefer Malachi even to the extent of twisting it to favour their aims instead of giving their church members the full concept, rules and regulations regarding tithing which the Lord commanded in Deuteronomy.
Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:

Yes before his death abolished the law. The New testament also says we should not give out of compulsion.

The gift of giving is spiritual and not material. I have stopped being deceived by reading the bible myself rather than listen to the interpretation of charlatans than might never make heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by stainlink(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
wtfCode:
Lool,pastor centered. Odikwa egwu.
Na so we dey see am these days o

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by indoorscholar(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:

He spoke about the tithe in the new testament doesn't mean that it is not an old testament thingy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by seunmsg(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2017
ilynem:

You don't get it. Jesus condemned the neglect of other charitable acts and not the payment of tithe. He was trying to say paying tithe alone is not enough. That doesn't mean you should condemn tithe paying. What you should condemn is the pastors neglect of other charitable acts.

Did Jesus, Peter or Paul collect tithe during their ministration on earth?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? by manutdadex(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Lol, Jesus condemned the manner in which it was paid, because much emphasis was laid on it just like the present church is doing now, instead of other things, like this pastors laying emphasis on justice, mercy and faith.

When you read through that chapter, his annoyance towards it shows he was not a fan of it.
tithing will not take u to heaven or take u to hell. It's an insenstive. He was more concerned about deeds that will take u to heaven and he still is. If our pastors preach about other things d way they do with tithing. E for dope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

TB Joshua On The Mountain Praying For Coronavirus End (Photos) / Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Picture Of Turkey-Based Nigerian Man In A Bottle, Buried In Front Of His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.