Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,668 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (183269 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by skynylaw: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2009
Ekiti1000:

Cost is subject many variables, usch as; design, location, finish materials, exchange rate etc, a budget of 5m is reasonable for a standard 3bdrm bungalow. i write as a QS.

True talk, thanks for your contribution.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by skfa1: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
Hello guys, what about cost of building 3 bed room in AKure, Ondo State pls.

I already have a land. I have been saving up to built the house. somebody help pls.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by skynylaw: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2009
skfa1:

Hello guys, what about cost of building 3 bed room in AKure, Ondo State pls.

I already have a land. I have been saving up to built the house. somebody help pls.

I think you can get some useful information from this treat, the differents will not be that much as per the two states.
or better open a new topic !!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by koolchicco: 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2009
@OP

Well from my experience, A three bed bungalow would cost btween 4M to 6M.

It depends on the facility u want: A step-tile roofing is the best and goes for 1M or more dep on the size/pattern of the house

Ensuit rooms would cost xtra 350k each dependin on the size of the bath room and a mini Jacuzzi (ukbw) goes for 480k.

Interior costs a hell of cash as well, ergo beware!

In short, Building a house has no definite cost/estimate. However your taste decide how much a house would cost u.

My Advice: When building always go for original products (even if they cost more) than the China/fake products.

Its a lifetime investment!

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
Wow this house is beautiful,I have a full acre and planning to build 6 of ur kind of house there ,pls forward the pix to my e,mail Walesolid@hotmail.com
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by TEEZERO(m): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2009
There is a guy Castles Weekly who used to present articles on how to build and the cost of materials. If I can get past issues, then I will check his email address and stuff.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
kem4:

guy just budget 5 to 6m xcluding land cost. in building, a lot of unexpected xpences are involved. this one cost me 5.4m xcluding the land.

Kindly send me more picture's of this house to my mail box - sonetauto@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by cashii25: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for this thread nice to see the diff experiences and price range vs location
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
Guy it depends on what materials you intend to use. You can uild one for as low as 3 - 4 M and you can still build one for as much as 50M depending on what you want. The one I've posted here cost about 15M in 2006.  It is a 4 bedroom bungalow with 1 bedroom BQ. The cost includes the building and the fence as well as the landscaping (including interlocking pavements) and the underground as well as overhead tanks. All rooms are ensuite.

High quality materials were used. For instance, a set of WC used there cost 33,000 naira while a china WC then cost 4,500 naira. PVC ceiling was used in all the rooms while fire proof and water resistant suspended ceiling was used for the parlour. The roofing sheet is 0.5mm gauge from Tower aluminium. which is actually an industrial guage as most people use 0.25mm. Granite marble was used for the entire floors. Interlocking pavement stones were fixed at 1,800 naira per square meters and covered an area of 643 sq m.

The windows were fixed by Tower Aluminium at the cost of 670,000 naira.

The irony of it all is that the house is in the villa and is only occupied during festive periods like the forthcoming christmas. grin Enjoy the pics

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
Fence pics!

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
More pics!

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ezan(m): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
@kem4, that's a cute bungalow!
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
More pics!

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ajileko: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
Exchange rate has nothing to do with the cost of building a house unless if your funds/capital comes from oversea.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kristonium(m): 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
ajileko:

Exchange rate has nothing to do with the cost of building a house unless if your funds/capital comes from oversea.

it has a lot to do with it! what about if some of the building materials were imported?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kristonium(m): 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
@Kem4

what an elegant building!!!

who designed it?can i get his contact?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ajileko: 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
@kristonium. You're are looking at this at a bigger scope than I am and you are very correct. This is what we economist call macroeconomics.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by freshmoney(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Fence pics!

You have got a fantastic house dude. Nice one. I hope those ignorant souls can see this and see if 3 million can build it. Estimated cost of this should be around 14 to 16mil. Nice one bro cool Some bungalows are stylish and worth having than some storey buildings
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by ajileko: 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
@Sunny_bobo
Of course, 3 million naira can't and won't build this house. It's a no brainer. So what's your point ?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by blaknight(m): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
nice one
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2009
1. What about building that kind of house whose picture was posted by Kem4, in Port Harcourt, including the land?

2. What is the cost of building a 6 bedroom flat duplex, in a land that would take 4 jeeps and have lots of play-space for the kids and adults in Port Harcourt? Would it be a four plot of land?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by mansmith(m): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
the cost should not be an impediment,how i build my houses is to start off with the cash i have at the present time.if you wait till you gather all the cash i do not think that will be right,take one step at a time ,keep in mind that you have a project at hand then tackle it gradually before you know it you are through with the building
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Qc1(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
Hi,

what if you have a land in Lagos state ? the cement and blocks prise should be the same all over naija, isn't it ?
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by slimes(m): 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
To be a man is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by folly24: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2009
I,m totally confuse about this cost, i have been trying to build one for my mother, i have spent fortune , yet no end in sight especially when u are there to supervise it
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Austin234(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
Cud u help me those pics at my email: realu4me@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Austin234(m): 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
Cud u mind mailing me with those pics to my email: realu4me@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by koolchicco: 10:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
obongproff:

1. What about building that kind of house whose picture was posted by Kem4, in Port Harcourt, including the land?

2. What is the cost of building a[b] 6 bedroom flat duplex,[/b] in a land that would take 4 jeeps and have lots of play-space for the kids and adults in Port Harcourt? Would it be a four plot of land?

2 plot of land should be enough 4 u and wit a lot of play-ground/parking space.

However u need a good contractor who can manage the space very well.

But if u can afford 4 plots then that would be even massive.
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
slimes:

To be a man is not easy.
aeya embarassed smiley
God dey ma bro. . .
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by No2Atheism(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
@kem4

- I am impressed and I really like your taste . . . most peopel do not realise that a suitably furnished bungalow with a large compound is one of the best kind of home you can think of . . .

- how much was the land.

- how many plots do you intend on using at the end of the day.

- what is the location.

- Who was your contractor.

- whats that little window that i am seeing on top of the building . . .

I so love that your house . . .
Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by kushe: 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2009
guys , guys ,u get what you pay for .artisans e.g bricklayers,iron benders , carpenters all earn daily wages dependent on what part of naija u live.
materials hav their cost e.g soft or plaster sand is far cheaper outside lagos and in a place like ijebu you get filling sand for almost free while in lagos naa die.iron rods are cheaper in lagos though cos of transportation.as per blocks some peoples houses go just fall one day with these ridiculous cement to sand ratio especially with bad reinfocements and heavy roofs made of asbestos.go aluminium ,far more expensive but stronger and lighter .if you want to do doors and locks ,close eye spend correct money if not you will buy the cheaper stuff many times over.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2009
How much is it for a four bedroom bungalow? Interesting topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Security/armored Doors, Burglary Proofs & Aluminium Windows @ Ur Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.