Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others (26618 Views)

FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss / Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / FG Suspends FRC Corporate Governance Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by yomalex(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2017
but why?
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Atiku2019: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2017
Watching

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by kendrick9(m): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2017
seriously i'm so tired of seeing this news...pastor stepped down frm being GO,so what? why all d frenzy

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by OkoYibo: 8:27am On Jan 09, 2017
There should not be issues out of this. Elijah handed over to Elisha. Jesus' ministry was for only 3 years before handing over to his disciples.

Any leader who failed to groom successors in his 20 years of ministry has failed. The church of God is not built around personalities, but the teachings of Christ.

Soldier go, soldier come, barracks remain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by xnsandrxns: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2017
Scammers all over

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by donnie(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2017
"It is not a new law" ...Yea right...

Amazing how everything evil seems to be activated by this government. undecided

They say we were already in recession before PMB. I guess it only got activated when he came into power. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by gentyolu(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=temitemi1 post=52653354]we warned you that a vote for buhari is a vote for attack on christianity...[/quotet]shut up there.....d law has been prepared since the time of ur messiah ....goodluck jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by TGM2015: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2017
Realdeals:
No noise please!

Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer of the FRC, Jim Obazee, at the weekend said that though only 89 out of the 23, 216 registered churches in the country have complied till date with regulations, the council would be unrelenting till the right thing is done.

“In keeping other peoples’ money, you have to prepare account. That is why churches fought me so badly, took me to court as a person and then my office too. Mosques and orthodox churches freely complied, but those Pentecostal churches called me to ask questions. They said: ‘This church is church of God and we are accountable to God.’ And I told them: ‘Very good, so you must take this church to heaven, you can’t operate it here’. When public funds are involved, government needs to ensure proper accountability.”

The CEO explained: “Religious organisations are ordinarily set up as ‘not-for-profit’ and they remain institutions of public character. The challenge, however, is a trend where churches and mosques start dabbling into non-charity ventures like schools, hospitals and so on.

“When you set up a church, your motive is to ensure that people are well focused to go to heaven. Then the money in the church should be targeted at ensuring that people are helped to do that. If you want to set up a school, then it should be free for all your members’ children. If you charge any money, then you are in the same league with other schools outside that are paying taxes to the government.

READ MORE @ http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2017/01/08/nigerian-churches-financial-reporting-council-frc/
Noted, seems logical though.

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by mapet: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2017
Ten12:
How do u regulate what you did not create....we all understand that pastoral work at least in dis part of the world is a calling nd not a profession...at what point do u regulate the calling of a man....will dis same regulation affect emir sa'ad abubaka who has been the general overseer of all Muslims in dis country?

This your first line of yours makes no sense.......

3 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Splashme: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2017
we
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by omojeesu(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2017
We got it wrong from the time we departed from what church is as described by Jesus and set up by Him in the Acts of the Apostles.

When we did that money became more important than its supposed to be in the household of faith.

End time scenario.

Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by xykms101: 8:38am On Jan 09, 2017
Ten12:

I can't remember if the sultan was ever an imam talk more of wen he resigned as one to now assume de position of the supreme leader of all Muslim faithfuls...look my brother we can argue from now till tomorrow on dis but just to make u feel good I will stop here

Emir , Oba and igwe are leaders of all religions . The said emir may choose to be the spokesperson for his sect, that doesn't make him an imam and no part of the law affects his office . He can only be voted in and out.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by ayindejimmy(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2017
temitemi1:
we warned you that a vote for buhari is a vote for attack on christianity...

YOU LOST!

“The code has been on naturally, right from (ex-President Goodluck) Jonathan’s time and this has been over four years. When the code was being done, we engaged all the stakeholders and their presentations formed part of what was in the code at the end of the day."

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by mapet: 8:41am On Jan 09, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Mosques and orthodox churches freely complied, but those Pentecostal churches called me to ask questions. They said: ‘This church is church of God and we are accountable to God.’ And I told them: ‘Very good, so you must take this church to heaven, you can’t operate it here’

This is why it's good to hear from both parties so as to have a balanced view and opinion. This dude is mean though, his comment above is both humorous, tact and straight-up sincere.

Very sincere. This is what developed (sane) countries are doing. Churches have explored lacuna in regulation.......good for them. One day regulation "wakes up" and acts.

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
The code has been on naturally, right from (ex-President Goodluck) Jonathan’s time and this has been over four years. When the code was being done, we engaged all the stakeholders and their presentations formed part of what was in the code at the end of the day.

“The only people that took the matter to court were the churches and they lost

I hope the ignorant folks accusing Buhari of undermining the authority of the churches get to read the above part. The law was made under Goodluck Jonathan and not the current president. In addition, some churches took the matter to court and lost. That should settle all the unnecessary controversies.

when they said the law was exiting during Jonathan period n that som pentecostal churches took them to court n lost, is just a camoflag to justify thier devilish agenda.

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by ayindejimmy(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2017
omojeesu:
We got it wrong from the time we departed from what church is as described by Jesus and set up by Him in the Acts of the Apostles.

When we did that money became more important than its supposed to be in the household of faith.

End time scenario.

Jesus is Lord.

All the church need to exempt themselves from this law is to make all their activities non-profitable - that's how it's supposed to be

3 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by donnie(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=gentyolu post=52655524][/quote]

Yeah... and like the recession and other evils, it only got activated during PMB's time.
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
The code has been on naturally, right from (ex-President Goodluck) Jonathan’s time and this has been over four years. When the code was being done, we engaged all the stakeholders and their presentations formed part of what was in the code at the end of the day.

“The only people that took the matter to court were the churches and they lost

I hope the ignorant folks accusing Buhari of undermining the authority of the churches get to read the above part. The law was made under Goodluck Jonathan and not the current president. In addition, some churches took the matter to court and lost. That should settle all the unnecessary controversies.
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by donnie(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2017
ayindejimmy:

YOU LOST!

“The code has been on naturally, right from (ex-President Goodluck) Jonathan’s time and this has been over four years. When the code was being done, we engaged all the stakeholders and their presentations formed part of what was in the code at the end of the day."

Yeah... and like the recession and other evils, it only got activated during PMB's time.

2 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by teozey111(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2017
xykms101:

FRCN code or not code , this old man will definitely resign someday, atleast someone resigned for him to be named G.O. we should get busy and stop making a mountain out of a molehill .
are you the one that resigned for him to be named G.O?my friends keep quiet and face ur front jare
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by donnie(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=ALMUSTAQIM post=52655821][/quote]

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by bigtt76(f): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2017
CAN just likes politicizing everything. Look at the law closely and appreciate the intent not to start playing the victim angry

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by DangotePikin: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2017
xykms101:

FRCN code or not code , this old man will definitely resign someday, atleast someone resigned for him to be named G.O. we should get busy and stop making a mountain out of a molehill .
no one resigned, mthe former GO died.

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by checkolatunji: 8:55am On Jan 09, 2017
Ten12:
How do u regulate what you did not create....we all understand that pastoral work at least in dis part of the world is a calling nd not a profession...at what point do u regulate the calling of a man....will dis same regulation affect emir sa'ad abubaka who has been the general overseer of all Muslims in dis country?

You are brainless

GO of all muslims? Sey the Muslims for ur village?

Useless Shild
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by xykms101: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2017
DangotePikin:
no one resigned, mthe former GO died.

Get your facts right. The late G.O retired before he died.
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by ALTERNATEID: 8:59am On Jan 09, 2017
lanrema:

when they said the law was exiting during Jonathan period n that som pentecostal churches took them to court n lost, is just a camoflag to justify thier devilish agenda.

How is it a camouflage? Do you have evidence to the contrary?
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by daprince098(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2017
Ten12:

He is not just a king but de supreme leader of all Muslim faithfuls in de country sir, the caliphate is ruled by Islamic laws...i thought u should know all dis

I quite understood but try to digest the regulation of FRCN. It's meant for all registered financial firms, churches and mosques. Talk about muslim societies like NASFAT, QUAREEB i'll agree with you that their leaders must resign

3 Likes

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by xykms101: 9:00am On Jan 09, 2017
teozey111:

are you the one that resigned for him to be named G.O?my friends keep quiet and face ur front jare

How old are you ? Children of nowadays run to social media with empty brain. Go ask your father what i just told you.
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Ten12(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2017
mapet:

This your first line of yours makes no sense.......

Maybe to u but to me it does,,, a man woke up one morning tells u dat he has a Devine calling from God to be a pastor nd he starts a church....do you now regulate how God calls people or de duration of His calling

1 Like

Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Ten12(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2017
checkolatunji:

You are brainless

GO of all muslims? Sey the Muslims for ur village?

Useless Shild

You are brainful...kontinu
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Reptyle(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
angry

See the disaster Adeboye Kumuyi Mbaka brought to Nigeria through their quiet and open support for APC

Is Pastor Bosun not right after all

When you remove our spiritual leaders, Satan then ensures that false pastors take over the pulpits and destroy the church making it easy to islamize Nigeria

Adeboye has destroyed Christianity

Do we listen to the Government or God.?

Oh God grant we Igbos our wish. Our faith is on the line.

Jesus and HolySpirit we Igbos don't want to end up like Turkey.

This law was put in place by the previous administration and like any other law, the current government is under obligation to enforce it.

Read my friend! Please read before displaying your ignorance for the world to see!

Pastor Bosun ko, Pastor Bomoon ni angry
Re: Governance Code: Enelamah & Obazee Clash Over Adeboye, Others by Chukazu: 9:09am On Jan 09, 2017
come on! Nigerian pastors are smarter than this naa, they will just hand over to their wife and later to their sons and daughters...

all na corporate governance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Injured After Stepping On Explosive During Operation. Photos / PDP Launches Legacy TV Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Court Cases Won’t Stop Handover To Tinubu, Shettima – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.