Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 (4771 Views)

Benue Government Loses Confidence In FG Over Killer Herdsmen / Senator Shehu Sani Attacks FG Over Order To Monitor Social Media Posts / Militants Issue Warning To FG Over 'harrassment' Of Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by NFFGG: 1:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
Adeboye blasts FG over laws against Christians, tells RCCG to prepare for 2019

General Overseer (Worldwide) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has warned the Federal Government to stop meddling in church matters.

Adeboye, who spoke yesterday at the Redemption Camp, Kilometre 46, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State, expressed worries over deliberate anti-Christian laws by the Federal Government against Christians.
The government has been showing increasing interest in church affairs. Unfortunately, for us in RCCG, it might not be very helpful,” Adeboye said.

He accused the government of not allowing the church (RCCG) to continue with its stipulated lifetime 100 per cent salaries to its pensioners.

“For example, when I decided on what will be the pension of our pastors, what I decided is not done anywhere in the world. That somebody will retire and continue to earn full salaries all his lifetime.

“This, I started, but government stepped in and made a law that we should be contributing to pension fund.

“We have to obey and we started doing that. The result is that pastors don’t get as much as they were getting under our own previous arrangement. But, what can we do? We have to obey the law,” he disclosed.

General Overseer (Worldwide) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has warned the Federal Government to stop meddling in church matters.

Adeboye, who spoke yesterday at the Redemption Camp, Kilometre 46, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State, expressed worries over deliberate anti-Christian laws by the Federal Government against Christians.

“The government has been showing increasing interest in church affairs. Unfortunately, for us in RCCG, it might not be very helpful,” Adeboye said.

He accused the government of not allowing the church (RCCG) to continue with its stipulated lifetime 100 per cent salaries to its pensioners.

“For example, when I decided on what will be the pension of our pastors, what I decided is not done anywhere in the world. That somebody will retire and continue to earn full salaries all his lifetime.

“This, I started, but government stepped in and made a law that we should be contributing to pension fund.

“We have to obey and we started doing that. The result is that pastors don’t get as much as they were getting under our own previous arrangement. But, what can we do? We have to obey the law,” he disclosed.

Adeboye disclosed that other fresh laws had been enacted by the government to ruffle the feathers of the church in the country, with a particularly targeted at the RCCG.

Adeboye also urged members of RCCG to register as card-carrying members of political parties ahead 2019 general elections.

His words: “Now there are fresh laws. We have a rough idea of what the law is about.

“Some people believe that RCCG is becoming too influential and we’re going to be more influential. When you get home, tell members to join a political party.

“Join a party and become a card-carrying member of any party. Just join any party. We shall decide issues right from the ward level.

“If you are not active at ward level, you’ll do what they plan and say at the top. Enrol in any party of your choice and have a card. When holding meetings at ward level to choose delegates, be there.”

“One Muslim in Ibadan said years ago that he didn’t know what’s wrong with Christians; that we help them to occupy political positions and refused to capitalise on our population. That’s going to change from now,” Adeboye stated.

Daily post 9.1.2017

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by forgiveness: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
Na so.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Okwyjesus(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
We are ready.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by yarimo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mtcheeew ADEBOYE Claiming as if RCCG members alone can vote in or out a president and his vice ,in 2019 election undecided

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by iokpebholo: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmmmmm but adeboye is somehow right but let's wait and see osibanjos reaction.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Okanokan(m): 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
I sympathise with the christian community because in thier sanctimonious belief of being close to God they forgot that power & politics is an earthly game and all over the world, nobody sits idly and expect miracle to come without participating. Muslim come out to participate but our church leaders and christian brothers and sisters shows so much antipathy to politics that they look down on brothers who are involved.
The Apc is purely a muslim party that is why at its formation nearly 65% of its leaders were muslim and thier ideological orientation were rightly tagged JAJANWEED. Instead Pa Adeboye telling members to join any party of thier choice, he should direct members to join a party that practices and put to play the Christian Philosophy of "GOOD NEIGHBOURLINESS".
The beauty of the pains Christians are passing through today in Nigeria is that it will make us proactive by defending our faith.
From all indication, it took less than 7days for APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEIMAN prophecy to manifest. Christians who have ears let them hear.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by AustineE1: 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
Most of us saw it coming but they wont listen to us,the Yoruba christians where equaly hoodwinked and they listened to their yoruba muslim brothers who has signed in to the islamic agenda because muslims spend most time discussing politics in there various mosque.
While decieving christians with the so called 'change' and telling them that they are progressives.
Gradually they are systematically and meticulously implementing laws that are aimed at caging the growth of christianity!They years ahead will be interesting.
Thats why the Fayose's,FFKs etc are wished away in yoruba land because they dare to say the truth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Georgesudosen(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hmm, jst passing by
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by PatriotTemidayo: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
"When a people realize their wealth of network, they will achieve milestone".
That said,
It is only fair to the church-goers and faithfuls to have a glimpse of what their monies are used for.........
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by ehissi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ghen ghen.....
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by realmindz: 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
If not that our culture teaches us to respect the elderly, i would ve said this man is very stupid

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by redsceptic: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
realmindz:
If not that our culture teaches us to respect the elderly, i would ve said this man is very stupid

You have already insulted him without uttering the words.

Now kindly give us your reason(s) for doing so.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by SolexxBarry(m): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
Christianity is exactly what brought us here,where pastors descourages their members not to vote nor be voted for that's its a tin of d world,our reward is in heaven and blablabla,I just hope its not too late now

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by BeClever: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
Daddy GO GO..chai!!

So you be dey know all these but kept quiet..?

So we can now say thanks to Buhari for pressing your button..

Oh! I just remember you are Yoruba too...I see shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by C4Ltd: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2017
grin ^^

my signature my business
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 10, 2017
forgiveness:
Na so.
It serves the RCCG, right.
They VOTED MASSIVELY for "Sai BaBa" because he chose a ? Redeemed Pastor to deputize him.
In Lagos, their members were seen with campaign posters of "Sai BaBa" and Prof.
Most were uploaded here...

a PROF. with certified documents running with someone whose documents are yet to be ascertained, is an insult to EDUCATION.
Most PENTECOSTALS have made churches become shopping malls, to the extent there is no atom of respect for CHRISTIANITY in this country again, especially from Islam.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 10, 2017
SolexxBarry:
Christianity is exactly what brought us here,where pastors descourages their members not to vote nor be voted for that's its a tin of d world,our reward is in heaven and blablabla,I just hope its not too late now
Don't mind them.

I have developed Rage towards them.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Adminisher: 3:51am On Jan 10, 2017
AustineE1:
Most of us saw it coming but they wont listen to us,the Yoruba christians where equaly hoodwinked and they listened to their yoruba muslim brothers who has signed in to the islamic agenda because muslims spend most time discussing politics in there various mosque.
While decieving christians with the so called 'change' and telling them that they are progressives.
Gradually they are systematically and meticulously implementing laws that are aimed at caging the growth of christianity!They years ahead will be interesting.
Thats why the Fayose's,FFKs etc are wished away in yoruba land because they dare to say the truth.

Awwwww. Please get away with this bullshit.
You think people are do dumb?

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by tit(f): 3:53am On Jan 10, 2017
This adeboye is a compound fool.
How can he be abusing awa president like this?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by BabaRamota1980: 5:11am On Jan 10, 2017
For example, when I decided on what will be the pension of our pastors, what I decided is not done anywhere in the world. That somebody will retire and continue to earn full salaries all his lifetime.

This is revealing! I agree with GO, Government at any level should not meddle in Church matters. The Churches themselves don't help the situation, they invite this scrutiny. They use government officials to market themselves by bringing for public consumption what wisely should be a private spiritual session. Case in point, the publication of ex President Jonathan on his knees receiving blessings from Church leader. Church should not publicise their party or candidate endorsements.

To address my quote above, pension as a benefit programme is a delicate topic to balance. It is a subsidy. No where in the world is any programme subsidized 100% through a single equity. That's far too much risk and dangerous for society and ethics. If the base of that subsidy collapse where would Adeboye find a rescue to keep the payments going? Is he going to approach government? I think Adeboye left himself vulnerable on this issue. He is counting on public sympathy but he truly needs to scale back and work for God instead of championing programmes that could destroy his empire when forecasts change for the worse.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by policy12: 5:14am On Jan 10, 2017
Hmmm...i will build my church and the gate of hell shall not....
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 10, 2017
If not that I'm in a good mood, would have said you're very stupid....idiot
realmindz:

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by BabaRamota1980: 5:47am On Jan 10, 2017
To Ibos mocking Yorubas on thisbissue, here is my take and Im borrowing this from another poster who contributed this months ago here in Nairaland.

In all matters Islam, the North is not shy of speaking up and advocating interests. This isbunderstood because they are a simple muslim majority.

In contrast to that, Ibo is the only people and SE the only region in Nigeria that has a simple christian majority, everyother region is a mix and in different ratios.

In matters of defense for Christiandom or Islam Yorubas should not even be heard speaking at all. This is because in a nuclear as well extended family both religions cut through randomly. Not to mention that every family compound has a traditional Yoruba deity worship that remains in their spirituality. The balance is a blessing in disguise for Yorubas because through that structure their philosophical view on religion and society has proven to be a model that is often referenced for civilization and evolution. Through that blessing their own spirituality has survived in very hostile places where others were perished. Yoruba should be Yoruba, our voice must sound loud and clear in politics but in matters of religion we should stand back and protect and defend the sensibilities of our dear ones in our own bloodline who might suffer and be hurt in the event we add our voice to escalate matters. Islamization agenda in whatever form cannot affect Yoruba in any positive or negative form. At one point Islam was the only foreign religion in Oyo before arrival of white missionaries. In Abeokuta the missionaries owned the town and all environs under Alake. Yet, we are still standing as one and balanced. The threat of Islamization is for those who are weak to fight it off in their region, they have to be alarmed and frightened, not us.

So who truly should be the defender of the Christians in Nigeria, who should speak up at every turn and stand up to the Islamization agenda and push back? It is Ibo. Over 97% of Ibos are christians, the rest is a split between those who live in North and have converted to protect their livelihood and the traditionalists. The christians of minority areas like Southern Kaduna should really face Ibos and ask what they are doing to protect the faith and save them from being drowned by Islam. Ibos offered refuge to persecuted Shiias and assured them there isbhome for them in SE if they choose to relocate than surrender to Islam crusaders. This is good and more of it is expected. We look forward to see and hear Ibo act bravely and defend Christiandom against forces of Islamization in Nigeria. If you can't do it, no need to denigrate those who cohabit peacefully amongst themselves as christians and muslims. Your religious problems and issues of Islamization is from North, not from Yoruba. Please face your oppressors and don't allow them to wipe christianity out of you and your land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by azimibraun: 6:01am On Jan 10, 2017
Even if I saw a video of the respected Pastor saying all of these, I will not still believe it. I am still in argument with Rapper Nasir Jones when he said a situation will come and that guy you think is too powerful and calm will have his weaknesses Shine above him. I said to myself some guys no matter what, will remain calm and be themselves and let the situation be overtaking by time and event. Nas in all of these Pastor Adeboye saga seems to be having a superior argument. Pastor Adeboye said all of those things? It's called tragic flaw in literature(Drama) I will deliberately not believe it. Cha!!!!
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by MrGreenMavro: 6:12am On Jan 10, 2017
hmm
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by azimibraun: 6:13am On Jan 10, 2017
Todd Smith A.K.A L.L Cool J once said " Don't make decisions when you are Mad". Your decisions may come back to hunt you. Sometime in the he future RCCG members will have to decide which to attend, political party membership meetings or church meetings? Again it was said by Chief Gani fahwemi that " Those who help in creating monsters will someday be consumed by the monster they created" we all know the Dr Frankheistien story. When RCCG members become fully involved in politics, then the church should expect the kind of in fighting, Aluta, share the money attitude and leadership tussle that goes on in the political party to hit the church. Adeboye may not have mentioned the word " Muslim" and blaming a Nigerian Law as anti christian. Am not so sure.. could Nas be right?
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by azimibraun: 6:34am On Jan 10, 2017
Notice!  Notice!!  Notice!!!

This is to inform you that we received a Court injunction restraining us from embarking on further consideration of the draft Corporate Governance Code. As a law abiding organisation, we are constrained to postpone the public hearing that ought to hold today May 19, 2015. We shall communicate a new date to you as our Lawyers are assiduously handling the matter.

We are sorry for any inconvenience(s) this would have caused you.
Best regards.

FRC releases National Code of Corporate Governance

In accordance with Section 50 of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act, 2011, which among other things requires the Directorate of Corporate Governance to develop the principles and practices of Corporate Governance applicable in Nigeria, the Council hereby releases the National Code of Corporate Governance effective 17th October 2016. Details are as hereunder:

The Code of Corporate Governance for the Private Sector is mandatory.
The Code of Governance for Not-for-Profit entities is “Comply or Justify non-compliance”
The Code of Governance for the Public Sector will not be applicable immediately until an executive directive is secured from the Federal Government of Nigeria. This is due to the fact that the enabling laws that set up most government establishments already carry some form of governance structure that will require an umbrella legislation to unify the different provisions of those laws to synchronise with this Code.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by azimibraun: 6:40am On Jan 10, 2017
azimibraun:
Notice!  Notice!!  Notice!!!

This is to inform you that we received a Court injunction restraining us from embarking on further consideration of the draft Corporate Governance Code. As a law abiding organisation, we are constrained to postpone the public hearing that ought to hold today May 19, 2015. We shall communicate a new date to you as our Lawyers are assiduously handling the matter.

We are sorry for any inconvenience(s) this would have caused you.
Best regards.

FRC releases National Code of Corporate Governance

In accordance with Section 50 of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act, 2011, which among other things requires the Directorate of Corporate Governance to develop the principles and practices of Corporate Governance applicable in Nigeria, the Council hereby releases the National Code of Corporate Governance effective 17th October 2016. Details are as hereunder:

The Code of Corporate Governance for the Private Sector is mandatory.
The Code of Governance for Not-for-Profit entities is “Comply or Justify non-compliance”
The Code of Governance for the Public Sector will not be applicable immediately until an executive directive is secured from the Federal Government of Nigeria. This is due to the fact that the enabling laws that set up most government establishments already carry some form of governance structure that will require an umbrella legislation to unify the different provisions of those laws to synchronise with this Code.

My question is this was any government in Nigeria Islamic, christian or Pegan having any quarell with Pastor adeboye in 2011 or 17 October 2016? His Pastor is the Vice President of Nigeria in October 2016 and his strong ally GEJ was President in 2011 and Buhari respected him like no other. So who is after Pastor Adeboye; becouse he make it appear it's witch-hunt.
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by sylvez(m): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2017
Okanokan:
I sympathise with the christian community because in thier sanctimonious belief of being close to God they forgot that power & politics is an earthly game and all over the world, nobody sits idly and expect miracle to come without participating. Muslim come out to participate but our church leaders and christian brothers and sisters shows so much antipathy to politics that they look down on brothers who are involved.
The Apc is purely a muslim party that is why at its formation nearly 65% of its leaders were muslim and thier ideological orientation were rightly tagged JAJANWEED. Instead Pa Adeboye telling members to join any party of thier choice, he should direct members to join a party that practices and put to play the Christian Philosophy of "GOOD NEIGHBOURLINESS".
The beauty of the pains Christians are passing through today in Nigeria is that it will make us proactive by defending our faith.
From all indication, it took less than 7days for APOSTLE JOHNSON SULEIMAN prophecy to manifest. Christians who have ears let them hear.

which prophecy abeg
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by Segadem(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2017
yeah, no matter what, darkness cannot overpower the light
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by ariesbull: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
To Ibos mocking Yorubas on thisbissue, here is my take and Im borrowing this from another poster who contributed this months ago here in Nairaland.

In all matters Islam, the North is not shy of speaking up and advocating interests. This isbunderstood because they are a simple muslim majority.

In contrast to that, Ibo is the only people and SE the only region in Nigeria that has a simple christian majority, everyother region is a mix and in different ratios.

In matters of defense for Christiandom or Islam Yorubas should not even be heard speaking at all. This is because in a nuclear as well extended family both religions cut through randomly. Not to mention that every family compound has a traditional Yoruba deity worship that remains in their spirituality. The balance is a blessing in disguise for Yorubas because through that structure their philosophical view on religion and society has proven to be a model that is often referenced for civilization and evolution. Through that blessing their own spirituality has survived in very hostile places where others were perished. Yoruba should be Yoruba, our voice must sound loud and clear in politics but in matters of religion we should stand back and protect and defend the sensibilities of our dear ones in our own bloodline who might suffer and be hurt in the event we add our voice to escalate matters. Islamization agenda in whatever form cannot affect Yoruba in any positive or negative form. At one point Islam was the only foreign religion in Oyo before arrival of white missionaries. In Abeokuta the missionaries owned the town and all environs under Alake. Yet, we are still standing as one and balanced. The threat of Islamization is for those who are weak to fight it off in their region, they have to be alarmed and frightened, not us.

So who truly should be the defender of the Christians in Nigeria, who should speak up at every turn and stand up to the Islamization agenda and push back? It is Ibo. Over 97% of Ibos are christians, the rest is a split between those who live in North and have converted to protect their livelihood and the traditionalists. The christians of minority areas like Southern Kaduna should really face Ibos and ask what they are doing to protect the faith and save them from being drowned by Islam. Ibos offered refuge to persecuted Shiias and assured them there isbhome for them in SE if they choose to relocate than surrender to Islam crusaders. This is good and more of it is expected. We look forward to see and hear Ibo act bravely and defend Christiandom against forces of Islamization in Nigeria. If you can't do it, no need to denigrate those who cohabit peacefully amongst themselves as christians and muslims. Your religious problems and issues of Islamization is from North, not from Yoruba. Please face your oppressors and don't allow them to wipe christianity out of you and your land.

Igbo have fought that war and you people didn't see it ...One if the reason Biafra was fought was to avoid islamic contagion and ojukwu was clear on that

So do hht your war let the Igbo fight theirs

I think those guys have tried
Re: Adeboye Blasts FG Over Laws Against Christians, Tells RCCG To Prepare For 2019 by juman(m): 7:52am On Jan 10, 2017
The Pentecostal churches in nigeria are more like business enterprises.

They are fighting back against the law because this the right time to fight back, the president is an overzealous muslim man, a man most people complaining is not a balanced president.

If it was a christian or a normal muslim president they can never win this case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Curriculum Of Islamic Arabic Studies - Exposing CAN And Other Lost Sheeps / Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu Is Dead (Former Head of Service in Lagos State) / Nigeria’s Total IGR Drops By 1.93% To ₦1.31trillion In 2020 - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.