Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? (3835 Views)

Most Ladies Dont Do Love Anymore, What They Do Is Simply Business... / How True Is This, boys Do Love To Be Raped / Does Pouting Make Girls Any Sexier? Share Your Pictures ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
They are always so naive, utopistic and really dumb.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by puskin: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2009
. . .hmn. The novels or the girls who read the novels.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
Both the novels and the girls. I am in Italy and there is this dumb writer who thinks he knows it all about the new generation. His books are very popular among the teens and I must say it is a shame.

We have teenage girls who can't reason their way out of a situation. How can you possibly read of an impossible love on a piece of paper and think you can apply the same thing in real life? The author may tell you all sort of shit to make his work sell, but for goodness sake you living this life know things aren't like that.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by puskin: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
Most novels, whether romance, love or others are fictional works.
To think that any gal wud apply those loads of crap into real-life r/ships is absurd.
No wonder many of 'em don't last in their r/ships.
And as 4d writer of such works, is all about making d money.
That's why they say BS sells well.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Sauron1: 10:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

I agree 100%.
These babes believe there's a prince waiting for em at Trafalgar Square who would go on one knee and propose marriage to em.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Secretz(f): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

I agree 100%.
These babes believe there's a prince waiting for em at Trafalgar Square who would go on one knee and propose marriage to em.

ROFLMAO!!!

@OP, my dear some people can always dream sha. Let them shit there and imagine prince valiant is coming for them. We both know they will eventually be hit with reality.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by funkybaby(f): 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

I agree 100%.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
i don talk am. you are best ignored ! grin

@post
love novels? cant remember when last i read those rubbish !
give me a stephen king anyday, anytime grin grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 24, 2009
love novels are only fantasy,ive read lots of shioulettes n mills n boon as a teenager dey r just bunch of rubish.u can only imajin dem but dey sincerely do not apen even if we wished dem so.it makes u fall foolishly in love
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by CrazyMan(m): 1:49am On Nov 24, 2009
Why don't people who read violence comics pick up a gun and start shooting anyone on sight. . .

Or those that read horror novels imagine themselves become vampires?

Why is it that girls who read love novels try to apply what a poverty stricken author wrote just to rid himself of his condition. sad
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:34am On Nov 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

I agree 100%.

grin grin grin. . .
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by OMG190: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2009
^^^

anthonia sef dey laugh~
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2009
Come, WTF is your problem with me?
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

pls be specific, you make little to no sense. for example I do not read love novels
so are you referring to a particular groups of girls or what?
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nautillus(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

Yeah . . . .When the gal is 15yrs and below
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by galatico(m): 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2009
Yeah it makes them live in a world of fantasy !!!
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by LordReed(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
It's like trying to follow a Los Angeles map in Lagos. O boy are the 'touts/louts' gonna have a field day!
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by iice(f): 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2009
Nah. . .it just takes some longer to separate reality from fiction or not let fantasy overshadow reality undecided
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2009
Ohhh please, it doesn't make you dumber in love unless you were dumb before.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Donvilo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2009
But wait a minute, poster. that does not necessarily mean that no one could act the nice guy? undecided
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think it does when you a still a little less than 18 yrs of age!
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by mrperfect(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2009
When they are reading them they thought life it self depends on such, now they are criticism it. But why?
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by sistajay(f): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
Sadly, I don't read love novel, guess that's why they call me the ice maiden. cool
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by DrLorenz1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
iice:

Nah. . .it just takes some longer to separate reality from fiction or not let fantasy overshadow reality undecided

And some never do. . . grin. Been a while since we talked. . .wata guan iice? cheesy

sista-jay:

Sadly, I don't read love novel, guess that's why they call me the ice maiden. cool

Yea, ice maiden is aight, cus we already have an iice queen. An iice queen who's yet to be seen. grin

@OP

Let me ask you a question: Don't you think it's the same novels that informed girls about "Tall, Dark and Handsome" being the criteria for 99% of girls in the first place? To me, that's dumb and dumberer grin grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by iice(f): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

And some never do. . . grin. Been a while since we talked. . .wata guan iice? cheesy

C'est la vie.
Swimming around ooo. . .how's your river? grin

Dr. Lorenz:

@OP

Let me ask you a question: Don't you think it's the same novels that informed girls about "Tall, Dark and Handsome" being the criteria for 99% of girls in the first place? To me, that's dumb and dumberer grin grin

Hey i like tall, dark and handsome rofl grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Seun(m): 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2009
Do war movies make men dumber in war? Do erotic videos make men dumber in bed?
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by luvbooks(f): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
Seun:

Do war movies make men dumber in war? Do erotic videos make men dumber in bed?

Case closed.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by v3: 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2009
Why'd ANYONE in his/her right frame of mind pick a novel,read it. . .and try to apply it to his/her daily life??

Beats me!
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Kemjisuper(m): 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2009
I agree with OP.  wink

Just like when I and my girlfriend started dating, I remember she used to say she wants a guy who can make her laugh grin, and also make her cry cry. Well, mostly I do make her laugh. But the period I made her cry, it nearly cost us the relationship. I'm sure at that point she didn't recall her earlier statement which was probably a line from one of the many romance novels she's freaked about. I kept reminding her that that was the cry period she always talked about and she said she didn't mean it like that tongue

Na wah O!  grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by iorhenter(m): 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2009
Believe it or not, Girls who read Love novels create a Mental picture for themselves of relationships that are not real. They imagine themselves in what I call 'THE IDEAL WORLD'. They create a mental picture of their Dream Men from the Imaginary Descriptions of: Tall Handsome Men with Broad Hairy Chest, well Built and all that they read from those Novels. Simply put, they live in a FAIRY TALE WORLD which creates a 'Relationship Wound' on their heart that is only healed by time (age).
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
I know one, always love sick, but my advice is never allow an immature gurl to go thru all this shitty novels, they are likely to believe it happens in reality,
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by TheSeeker(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2009
No, Nollywood and Hollywood movies always make them.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by debomb: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
smiley Love proposals on Trafalgar square still exist tho!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Lied To Your Interest About Being African/nigerian? / Funny Questions Ladies Ask / What Would You Do??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.