Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,682 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order (59034 Views)

Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by PMIcon(m): 11:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
jusRadical:

You now see your double standarded.

You wrote earlier that the attacked or to be attacked communitiez should pray with faith and then call the police. Now you turn arround to promote laws of the land in the case of judgements given in law courtsu. Do you not know that right to self-defense is also part of the laws of the land?

So to you, it is ok for a judge to sentence somebody to death but communities attacked should not resort to self defense even when both are backed by.the law?

Where do you think that communities and streets that organise vigilante get their backing? From the law? Yes.
Please let us not turn to hypocrites because of this.
If you want to repay evil for evil, go ahead.
There is no double-standard in my statements. You read that into it. Where in the law is anyone allowed to harm someone else for self-defense? In fact, it is explicitly stated (I'm not saying I support it, because I don't) that you are not permitted to own guns for self-defense.

Your right to self-defense as a Christian doesn't include hurting someone else because you don't want to be hurt. You do to others what you want them to do to you.

Must you live in southern Kaduna? Where in the New Testament did you see people insisting on occupying a physical territory when persecuted. None. Instead, Christians rather forfeit their possessions than turn to shedding blood because of earthly possessions.

If Vigilante is allowed to replace police and army by law, why not; but are they? In such case they are protecting their community as allowed under law. It's not personal. It's different from someone attacking you in person. If you kill because you are attacked, you will be charged with manslaughter.

It's easy to debate on Nairaland but better carry your things and leave that place if your life and family are important to you. Even Jesus said to leave a place you are persecuted.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by KahlDrogo(m): 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
NafeesaAA:
I just watched the scary video of Living Faith Church's Pastor David Oyedepo, declaring the Muslim as enemy, the North as born-to-rule habitat of "Islamic demons" and advocating immediate breakup of Nigeria.

I don't know much about this dangerous man aside from the video of him, not long ago, slapping a church member for saying she's a "witch for Jesus." But the content of this hate-promoting video should rattle our intelligence-gathering agencies.

I've never seen a slowpoke so passionately cheered up in a televised sermon, and obviously so loved. If we don't pass a legislation against hateful public preaching as Oyedepo's, and begin to have all our religious leaders punished for their transgressions, we may just be waiting for a full-blown religious war.
I think that man should be reported to the UN and ICC so they know where to look when shit hits the fan.

Those cheering him on dont realise this but once it starts, people like oyedepo who ignited the fuel would hop on one of their numerous jets with their families and make their way out of the country, sit and watch from a very safe distance the consiquence of their unguarded uterances.

I am really disappointed in the man beyond words.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
KahlDrogo:
The man is ni different than tb joshua, and his tirade has got to be one of the most disgusting ive heard from a supposed christian leader; i get this gut feeling he's even worse than ffk.

Imagine his saying "must a northerner be president"? And i ask, must it be a southerner? He isnt getting the vip treatment he used to in Aso rock no more and that explains his frustration.

If oyedepo wants people to cut off the heads of people who "look like boko haram", he should arm his wife and children and have them do the deed, after all, they are closest to him and pretty much reachable.

As regards the bombing, did you see how mute they were on the Enugu pipeline bombing thread? Had that taken place in the niger delta, the forum couldnt have contained their ecstasy, but since it happened in their region, they had reservations for it, even though the militants claimed they did it for nnamdi kanu. Yet they call ndeltans their "brothers".

These guys are sick.
I was reading and laughing at comments seriously! Some of them are just rabble rousers.

The thing is many are yet to get over 2015 election defeat unlike others that have moved on (even though my own candidate lost)

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
Factualase:

What you are deliberating on is even stale new. something as far back 2015. Truly, you are looking for cheapest popularity. I spit on you
Is it my fault that it came to light of recent? and DID he or did he not say those words?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 13, 2017
PMIcon:

If you want to repay evil for evil, go ahead.
There is no double-standard in my statements. You read that into it. Where in the law is anyone allowed to harm someone else for self-defense? In fact, it is explicitly stated (I'm not saying I support it, because I don't) that you are not permitted to own guns for self-defense.

Your right to self-defense as a Christian doesn't include hurting someone else because you don't want to be hurt. You do to others what you want them to do to you.

Must you live in southern Kaduna? Where in the New Testament did you see people insisting on occupying a physical territory when persecuted. None. Instead, Christians rather forfeit their possessions than turn to shedding blood because of earthly possessions.

If Vigilante is allowed to replace police and army by law, why not; but are they? In such case they are protecting their community as allowed under law. It's not personal. It's different from someone attacking you in person. If you kill because you are attacked, you will be charged with manslaughter.

It's easy to debate on Nairaland but better carry your things and leave that place if your life and family are important to you. Even Jesus said to leave a place you are persecuted.

You are mixing Christianity with secular. It can never work.

You are ignorant my friend. You are ok with a judge sentencing somebody to death based on laws of the land but you deny people right to self defense. What a hypocrite you are.

Please google Right To Self-defense and study. Ignorance is not good. So if cammeroun attacks nigeria, the nigerian government should run away? I guess israel should run away from their when palestines attack, abi?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_in_international_law

Seld defense is even an international law. Google my friend.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by PMIcon(m): 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Tell us who used the sword on someone else and what Jesus said about it.

SO EASY TO FORGET THE TEACHING OF THE SCRIPTURES ON MEEKNESS. THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.

When Moses was persecuted, he allowed God to fight for him and what God did Moses couldn't have done for himself.

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil but give room for God's wrath. For "vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

Our brothers in Southern Kaduna should come to the south. Meanwhile we all need to mount pressure on the government to be responsible or be ready for a complete religious breakup.
Cire80:

IT'S TIME TO BUY GUNS AND CUTLASSES.
It's time that we Christian's need to act not just prayer alone. Just last week Sunday a pastor friend who live in Kaduna call me and was crying over the phone. He sent me pictures of another pastor church, who was having service on Sunday and how over six hundred mumber's was kill inside the church when service was going on. It pain me so much that many Christian's don't understand the scriptures. How can men kill over four thausand Christian is Kaduna, and we Christian's aren't doings anything about it. All we do is to pray, keep praying until they kill your family mumber's first before you react. The truth is that we need to defend ourselves. It's time to buy guns and cutlasses. Hear that Jesus has to said. Luke 22:35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough. HE THAT HAS NO SWORD, LET HIM BUY ONE. Jesus didn't say let him pray for one but let him buy one, If Christian's don't defend themselves, they will soon be no Christianity in Nigeria. What stop the killing of Christian's during the Romans Empire is not just prayer but when the Christian's act by defending themselves.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 11:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Whether it's Christian or not it condemnable

Yeah it is, but let's not aggreviate it by giving the killing a religious undertone...if u want to condemn it, but dnt say its a war against Christains or Christains r been killed.... When u have no fact to support tht claim
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
KahlDrogo:
I think that man should be reported to the UN and ICC so they know where to look when shit hits the fan.

Those cheering him on dont realise this but once it starts, people like oyedepo who ignited the fuel would hop on one of their numerous jets with their families and make their way out of the country, sit and watch from a very safe distance the consiquence of their unguarded uterances.

I am really disappointed in the man beyond words.

Shut up.

So it does start with pmb, el-refai, imams, security agencies looking away when people are being slaughtered abi?

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

Yeah it is, but let's not aggreviate it by giving the killing a religious undertone...if u want to condemn it, but dnt say its a war against Christains or Christains r been killed.... When u have no fact to support tht claim

Forget that thing. Call a spade a spade. Why not northern kaduna? Why southern,kaduna always.

It partly religious take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by jaystix(m): 12:02am On Jan 14, 2017
This mr Tonye or what is ur name...u r one of d terrorist I belive,u r just like this muslim fulanis who r heartless n devils...u r a sham to Christiandom,....u were quiet when those fulanis were killing people,but now that our father in the lord has spoken u r condeming it,means u r with the terrorist or one of their sponsors, I guess u shuld keep ur ass in a corner and and keep shut...we christians must not keep shut this time,we hav to stand up and b united and defend ourselves of not theses uncircumsized devils(fulani muslims) will take over us,Now is the time to Fight back for DEFENCE...GOD bless U daddy Oyedepo for ur stand for the Christians and we r ever ready for them this time and with God on our side...to all u supporters of

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by PMIcon(m): 12:03am On Jan 14, 2017
You are just changing topics and accusing me of ignorance. I guess you just respond without reading. I already covered the issue you raised. Please don't quote or mention me again.
Thank you.
jusRadical:

You are mixing Christianity with secular. It can never work.

You are ignorant my friend. You are ok with a judge sentencing somebody to death based on laws of the land but you deny people right to self defense. What a hypocrite you are.

Please google Right To Self-defense and study. Ignorance is not good. So if cammeroun attacks nigeria, the nigerian government should run away? I guess israel should run away from their when palestines attack, abi?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defence_in_international_law

Seld defense is even an international law. Google my friend.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 14, 2017
PMIcon:

SO EASY TO FORGET THE TEACHING OF THE SCRIPTURES ON MEEKNESS. THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.

When Moses was persecuted, he allowed God to fight for him and what God did Moses couldn't have done for himself.

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil but give room for God's wrath. For "vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

Our brothers in Southern Kaduna should come to the south. Meanwhile we all need to mount pressure on the government to be responsible or be ready for a complete religious breakup.

Your brothers in kaduna should come to south. And when the pursue them down south, yoh all then run to where, atlantic ocean?

Havw you given even a cup of cold water to anyone among the internally displaced people?

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 12:09am On Jan 14, 2017
jusRadical:

Forget that thing. Call a spade a spade. Why not northern kaduna? Why southern,kaduna always.

It partly religious take it or leave it.

So when they kill in Niger it's not partly religious, wen pple r killed n Zamfara it's not partly religious, wen pple r killed n Yobe, it's not partly religious.....but wen they r killed n southern kaduna it is, stop bin a hypocrite..... So r u saying tht it's only christains that live n southern kaduna
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 14, 2017
PMIcon:

You are not serious.

You expect the world to obey the words of Christ?

Haaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Moses? You are not student of the Bible. Why talk of law and grace? Didn't moses lead israelites to war with the swords?

Remember the sun standing still?

See the world cannot kept the laws of the spirit, that is why no country is purelg guided by the words of CHRIST JESUS. Remember that nigeria is a secular (without God) state: most so-called christian countries are.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

So when they kill in Niger it's not partly religious, wen pple r killed n Zamfara it's not partly religious, wen pple r killed n Yobe, it's not partly religious.....but wen they r killed n southern kaduna it is, stop bin a hypocrite..... So r u saying tht it's only christains that live n southern kaduna

Well it clear that you are ignorant. Whay was boko haram asking for? What doex isis want? What does al-queida want? Etc

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

Well it is clear that you are ignorant. What was boko haram asking for? What doex isis want? What does al-queida want? Etc
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 12:18am On Jan 14, 2017
jusRadical:

Well it clear that you are ignorant. Whay was boko haram asking for? What doex isis want? What does al-queida want? Etc

Boko Haram doesn't just kill Christains, Infact it's a well known fact that Boko haram have killed more muslims than Christains.....

Do u know what Isis wants, Isis are fighting in countries Tht are Muslim, and muslims r been killed by Isis, so what's ur point??

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

Boko Haram doesn't just kill Christains, Infact it's a well known fact that Boko haram have killed more muslims than Christains.....

Do u know what Isis wants, Isis are fighting in countries Tht are Muslim, and muslims r been killed by Isis, so what's ur point??

I asked a simple question. What did they say they want? What were their demands?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

You do not know the quran and islam I guess.

What doed the quran say about muslims who fail to fight their allah's wars (jihad) or muslims who help the infidels?

Research ask if you are not a muslim ok?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by deflover(m): 12:22am On Jan 14, 2017
I am a Niger deltan like this f.ool called tonye
I ve watched him over the years as you all feed his ego and created the monster he has become.

He claims to speak most times for us
Which is a lie
He is the greatest sell out I ve found online who trades his anus to his gay partners from the north to be bleeped

He has no love for his people but anywhere his bills are met.

I thought by now he would have being given a portfolio as a PA but I guess he really wants to prove himself thats why he is attacking the church

He chuns out scriptures he has little or no understanding of

He quoted were Jesus was about to be arrested and his reaction after Peter cut off the ear of the solider.
Jesus came to the world for a reason and that reason was to die for us all
So if he had allowed peter will that purpose be achieved

We need to understand that the bible gave different response to different situations
And not all reply is applicable to different actions

So tonye the bible is not a journal you can pick quotes from and spin to suit your shitty articles

The words in the bible are spirits

If you don't ve an understanding of the bible please shut up

Lastly niaralanders you created this monster by feeding his ego

Do me a favour
Even if the mod moves his trash to FP
Let's ignore it
Dem no go kill you if you no comment

Kill this virus before it kills us all

I apologise on behalf of all Niger Deltan on the sickness call tonye.

We are not all useless cry
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Sunepapa4: 12:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Naija9090:

Arrant Nonesense. Where were you when hundreds and thousands were massacred and butchered in Benue and Southern Kaduna? I don't support violence but be fair to write a long epistle like this when Christians are maimed and massacred for nothing! Is Buhari paying you to write this? Who is paying you?

Then kill them whenever you see them... I think by then you will know which is heavier.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

Boko haram killed more muslims? Lie from the pit of hell. Chibok community is also a muslim community abi?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by jaystix(m): 12:39am On Jan 14, 2017
Let the muslims call their people to order if realy they are not in support of these killings and let the federal and state government take serious actions on this if realy they condemn it,and realy show us that Nigeria is 1,were have u ever heard that Christian terrorist have ever killed any one in Nigeria,or killed muslims? It has Never happend before because we r peacefull people,but all over the world its only islamic terrorists that exists taking innocent lives,y only islamic states,or islamic terrorist? U people can't cover this or decieve us agn.never...what ever they want this time we will b ready for them...wicked devilish people...God will intervein for us and help us overcome these terrorists,wether they like it or not,the wicked must die...and we will fight for justice to prevail no matter what happens
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2017
jusRadical:

Boko haram killed more muslims? Lie from the pit of hell. Chibok community is also a muslim community abi?

Isis too has killed more Christains too right??
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Wealthycharles(m): 12:43am On Jan 14, 2017
Elijah was a no nonsense prophet. Same with Joshua, Caleb, Moses, David, etc. Resisting the devil doesn't mean u should run away like a coward, it means stand up tall face to face to challenge, fight, destroy, kill the devil. Christians all over should wake up and resist killings from any where
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 12:43am On Jan 14, 2017
jusRadical:

I asked a simple question. What did they say they want? What were their demands?

They are against western education
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 12:46am On Jan 14, 2017
Oyedepo after he has charged u to go n kill muslims, wen d religious war starts, he would take his family n run away, mumus , una no get sense
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by jaystix(m): 12:51am On Jan 14, 2017
Its a lie,@saintmark u r just talking foolishly boko haram kills mostly and only christians it is pump and plain,y don dey go to villages where christians are populated?....u r just saying rubish supporting the devils so called terrorist,who knws weather u r even 1 of them,or they paying u to support them...non-sense go and grabb a sense ok,and support the truth and justice
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

They are against western education

You mix the meaning of their name with their demands.

You see why I said that you are ignorant. Why did boko haram pay allegiance to isis?

Google sir. See the demands od boko haram.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/09/boko-haram-nigeria-islamist-state

The group’s official name is Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad, which in Arabic means “People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet’s Teachings and Jihad”.
But locals in the city of Maiduguri, where the
group had its headquarters took to calling it Boko Haram. The loose translation from the language of theregion is “Western education is forbidden”.
The group was founded in 2002 by Mohammed Yusuf in northeastern Nigeria.

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-13809501
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 1:03am On Jan 14, 2017
jusRadical:

You mix the meaning of their name with their demands.

You see why I said that you are ignorant. Why did boko haram pay allegiance to isis?

Google sir. See the demands od boko haram.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/09/boko-haram-nigeria-islamist-state

U dnt have a point other than to say m ignorant, how can u separate their name from their demand??........ These guys t criminals, brigands with twisted minds..... They do not represent Islam......... They r not even religious, they r hypocrites......dnt give them credit....

Muslims have been killed, muslims and christains r been killed, if u can't defend y pple were killed n Zamfara the oda day den u dnt have a point
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by stinggy(m): 1:06am On Jan 14, 2017
yaki84:
Op na afonja.........

Coward n a betrayer.

Infact op na tonye iscariot!
This is outright foolishness!
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

U dnt have a point other than to say m ignorant, how can u separate their name from their demand??........ These guys t criminals, brigands with twisted minds..... They do not represent Islam......... They r not even religious, they r hypocrites......dnt give them credit....

Muslims have been killed, muslims and christains r been killed, if u can't defend y pple were killed n Zamfara the oda day den u dnt have a point

Do you know official name of boko haram? Googlr sir.

You said their name? Their name says it all.

The group’s official name is Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad, which in Arabic means “People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet’s Teachings and Jihad”.
But locals in the city of Maiduguri, where the
group had its headquarters took to calling it Boko Haram. The loose translation from the language of the region is “Western education is forbidden”.
The group was founded in 2002 by Mohammed
Yusuf in northeastern Nigeria.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1614327/who-are-the-violent-jihadists-boko-haram-and-what-are-the-trying-to-achieve/

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Names Of Kidnapped RCCG Pastors: Chidioze Eluwa, Chiemela Iroha, Okoro Ohowukwe / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Ex-Prostitute House As Wedding Gift / Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.