Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order (59078 Views)

Deborah Eneche Called To Bar (Photos) / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by yankeypha: 1:19am On Jan 14, 2017
IF some one slap you 1,2,3 4 even
Doe the person is stronger than you or even your boss, you must react, he spoke does words in anger
I remember when Fulani thieves use to Rub our Village old womens that coming back from market, they will even rape them and kill them, then our youths and vigilant group, plan to catch them a life, we went there and hide by 3am, when they came out to rub we arrest all of them with there guns, and hand then over to police, since then our women are now free from Evil fulani, assuming we fold our heads they might kill all our women.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

Isis too has killed more Christains too right??

Research sir. Isis killed more non muslims than muslims. They killed muslims who are not willing to join the jihad. In islam those who do not fight jihad are looked down upon as inferior muslims.
Read the quran sir. I have it. Or you can google.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 1:36am On Jan 14, 2017
yankeypha:
IF some one slap you 1,2,3 4 even
Doe the person is stronger than you or even your boss, you must react, he spoke does words in anger
I remember when Fulani thieves use to Rub our Village old womens that coming back from market, they will even rape them and kill them, then our youths and vigilant group, plan to catch them a life, we went there and hide by 3am, when they came out to rub we arrest all of them with there guns, and hand then over to police, since then our women are now free from Evil fulani, assuming we fold our heads they might kill all our women.

As I wrote earlier, they usually avoid totally those communities that have dealt with them before. The language they know is violence though I hate violence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Parcks(m): 2:56am On Jan 14, 2017
OP,clap for urself, you succeeding in getting d traffic u wanted by concocting this trash. Foolish Scumbag seeking for cheap attention.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by ScotsReferendum: 3:04am On Jan 14, 2017
FriendChoice:
The way forward is the establishment of ranches to which you and some of your governors opposed because someone you hate is on the throne. Not because of any valid reason but hate for a northern, a Muslim or Buhari himself.

Either grazing reserves are establish or the problem continues.

You are crazy for saying this

If you want Ranches, build them in Muslim lands up North

Not an inch of Christian lands in the North and South will be given to Fulani herdsmen aka Muslim Jihadists.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Abillsable: 3:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Excuse me sir.You are wrong.If everyone keeps quite ,there will be a systemic decimation of the christian population.Christians have been at the receiving end of the northern Muslims violence against Christians for a long time now.The man is not advocating violence ,he is only waking Christians up to the need for defence.If I come up to slap you,what would you do?You would have responded back before you realize I only swung my hand at you in error.In this case ,we have tolerated this for long,it is time to say enough is enough.You have to be living in the north and in this places to know the plight of Christians.We cant even build church buildings in a supposedly secular country.When a sheik incites members in their mosques,we don't see much criticism even if they mob our brothers and sisters and stone then to death,but when a christian leader advocates self-defence,you blood suckers complain.If we can allow ourselves to live and not think someone else deserves to die because of the tenets of our beliefs ,no one will think about defending themselves against potential killers.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by ArthurADM(m): 4:01am On Jan 14, 2017
It's time for him to retire or learn the ordinances of Elohim to restore order in the realm of the Spirits, than saying what doesn't have spiritual backup as a leader... Chai! Which kind breeze enter em mouth ?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by ScotsReferendum: 4:01am On Jan 14, 2017
NafeesaAA:
I just watched the scary video of Living Faith Church's Pastor David Oyedepo, declaring the Muslim as enemy, the North as born-to-rule habitat of "Islamic demons" and advocating immediate breakup of Nigeria.

I don't know much about this dangerous man aside from the video of him, not long ago, slapping a church member for saying she's a "witch for Jesus." But the content of this hate-promoting video should rattle our intelligence-gathering agencies.

I've never seen a slowpoke so passionately cheered up in a televised sermon, and obviously so loved. If we don't pass a legislation against hateful public preaching as Oyedepo's, and begin to have all our religious leaders punished for their transgressions, we may just be waiting for a full-blown religious war.

Get ready to live in your Islamic republic in the Far North

Enough is enough

Fulani herdsmen terrorism will no longer be tolerated again angry

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by ScotsReferendum: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2017
PMIcon:

If you want to repay evil for evil, go ahead.
There is no double-standard in my statements. You read that into it. Where in the law is anyone allowed to harm someone else for self-defense? In fact, it is explicitly stated (I'm not saying I support it, because I don't) that you are not permitted to own guns for self-defense.

Your right to self-defense as a Christian doesn't include hurting someone else because you don't want to be hurt. You do to others what you want them to do to you.

Must you live in southern Kaduna? Where in the New Testament did you see people insisting on occupying a physical territory when persecuted. None. Instead, Christians rather forfeit their possessions than turn to shedding blood because of earthly possessions.

If Vigilante is allowed to replace police and army by law, why not; but are they? In such case they are protecting their community as allowed under law. It's not personal. It's different from someone attacking you in person. If you kill because you are attacked, you will be charged with manslaughter.

It's easy to debate on Nairaland but better carry your things and leave that place if your life and family are important to you. Even Jesus said to leave a place you are persecuted.

Where should the indigenous people of Southern Kaduna migrate to.?

Pls tell us

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by snowblaq(f): 4:09am On Jan 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Unfortunately, making inciting statements only worsen the problem and causes more deaths. FACT! Beside, it is 100% Unchristian-like and absolutely unlawful
.....ok..so the ones the fulanis have been doin is within the law abi?.....i haf no idea undecided undecided
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:56am On Jan 14, 2017
snowblaq:
.....ok..so the ones the fulanis have been doin is within the law abi?.....i haf no idea undecided undecided
I'm sure you can read, and I'm also sure you saw in the original post on my position on attacks.

However, Oyedepo spoke carnally and irresponsibly! You can either be a Christian by yielding to Christ doctrine OR you choose to do it your own way but leave out Christianity. Apostasy should never be welcomed.

I'm not against people protecting themselves but I am against just killing of people just by appearance. However, if we are to be Christians, there are commandments and precepts we must stick to.

But that said, I urge Oyedepo to lead the way along with his kids and fanboys/girls and let's see if they have balls

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Eledan: 4:58am On Jan 14, 2017
OP..

You will soon receive visit of the herdsmen.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 5:37am On Jan 14, 2017
FriendChoice:

There will be more than enough land in NIGERIA for grazing and farming. It's all about policy of how it should be done.

I agree but I hope the government would not forcefully build the ranches where it's not wanted. I hope the government take into consideration why people don't want ranches in their community because I can already think of many reason why people wouldn't want one.

The previous reserves are no where to be found. Government needs to built new ones.

What do you mean by this? What happened to the old one? Were they already used up by the herdsmen?

This is another thing different:To some herdsmen a cow is same as human life. If you Attack their cow they will attack you. BTW not all herdsmen are Muslim. Some don't even pray.

Again christain wants to paint it as Religious issues whereas it's not. The same herdsmen have attacked zamfara several times few months ago. But christains were silent. But they want to make it a Religious issue now.

This is the problem. A cow's life is not the same as a human's life. You cannot go grazing on other people's property and then expect them to do nothing. Yahni this is oppression. The cows are a means of livelihood for the herdsmen and the farms are a means of livelihood for the farmers. You don't oppress other people to satisfy yourself and even worse not feel remorse.

Why would anyone think it's okay or justifiable to do steal and kill because there are not enough ranches? This is really what I would like to understand. What goes on in the headmen's mind when he is grazing on other people's property and then then attacking them for resisting?What makes them think it is okay or justifiable to do that?

I don't know much to say whether it is religious or ethic or because of the reserves but I am speaking in general terms about attacking people after grazing on their property.

Address the issue by giving them grazing reserves first, by such they will have no room for excuses to make. Deal with anyone who misbehave after that. Enforce Sharia law for unjustful homicides: A life for a life and an eye for an eye.
But first address the root of the problem, then enforce the law of the land on anyone that cross it.

I agree with this but I still stand that the root cause of the problem is not the ranches but morality. It's an issue of realizing right from wrong. If we say the ranches is the root problem, then we can say the root problem of crimes committed by the poor is the lack appropriate jobs or income. But this not the case because there are other factors that contribute as well. One of them is morality.

Let me give a real life example. I think about three days ago there was a news about a man who knowingly lured a woman to her death for 10k. Can we then say that the government should first provide people with jobs and then watch for who would break the law? No. Why? Because he's not the only person who doesn't have enough and what he did is wrong and unacceptable anywhere in the world. Regardless how poor a person is, it is not justifiable to take another soul just to earn money.

We can agree that the ranches are not enough but how about going about it the right way?
How about the herdsmen agree to pay the farmers to graze on their crops until the government provides them with new ranches? Why does it have to be oppression?
I think the herdsmen don't realize that what they are doing is wrong and it doesn't seem like they are remorseful because it's something that has repeatedly happened. If the ranches are insufficient, there are appropriate ways of dealing with it and oppressing people isn't one of them.

Hope you get where I am coming from?

Can you please explain what happened to the old ranches? It might help my understanding of the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by sunnychykes(m): 6:00am On Jan 14, 2017
OP you are one of those guys on nairaland i use to respect but with this your post you have lost my respect totally.I just pray this Fulani terrorist herdsmen visit your community and your families will be the only ones slaughtered.you spew nonsense using bible to back up.

Op e be like say mallam don wash slate give you drink.you need deliverance from your village priest.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by sunnychykes(m): 6:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Op I know you are one of those MOD, if you like ban/block me.the truth be told 'you nor try'.have you ever lost any of your love one to death?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by opribo(m): 6:37am On Jan 14, 2017
I am 100% in support of what bishop Oyedepo said, we cannot sit back and watch any longer for people who have nothing to just come and behead us simply because they know our religion does not promote bloodshed. I stand with Oyedepo infact i am his follower from now on for this position he has taken. If they borne any boko, almajiri or herdsman or shiite or suni or whatever name they call themselves let them dare it again in any church and see what will happen. What nonsense.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by saintmark88(m): 6:48am On Jan 14, 2017
jusRadical:

Research sir. Isis killed more non muslims than muslims. They killed muslims who are not willing to join the jihad. In islam those who do not fight jihad are looked down upon as inferior muslims.
Read the quran sir. I have it. Or you can google.

ISIS has killed more non muslims n places like Syria, Iraq, Libya that's Muslim dominated...... I hear, I give up on u and ur cheap propaganda

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by toye440: 7:11am On Jan 14, 2017
I HV never supported d bishops political assertions, but on this one i think he delivered it late. Before u castigate pls b sure ur loved ones r amongst those maimed like chicken.
They HV bin jihading long before now I think its time to CRUSADE against evil. Am challenging all well meaning Nigerians today Arise o compatriot and lets beat them like a drum.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by MichaelUweh(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2017
If u there mention that name again the fire of God will consume you.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by omoseth(m): 7:21am On Jan 14, 2017
larryUG:
TonyeBarcanista over the years has proven to be a man without a conviction. FYI u have lost it. U have proven how cheap u r by swinging forth. Whoever pays u, u support. Anyways I am not surprised u could write the above, u don't have an identity. Wherever d wind (money) blows u to, there u stay.
More like obey the wind or anywhere belle face
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Omudia11: 7:23am On Jan 14, 2017
Pls don't drag Niger deltans into this. We ain't foolish.
jusRadical:

Do not worry Tonye. One day, the fulani herdsmen will ransack your village, giveyou short sleeve and I will hear the rot you will spit.

Typical of some lost Niger-deltan who think that becoming errand boys to the hausa/fulani muslim will make their lives any better and make them popular.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by sergeant2014: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2017
Ecclesiastes says there is time for every thing; a time of peace and a time of war, a time to build and a time to tear down what was built.
When Jesus collected the sword from Peter what did He do with it or to it, it was put back in it's sheath for future use. Other wise He would have destroyed it. Proverbs says Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Sgwash: 7:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Splinz:
Oyedebo is simply ranting. The fact is, something is definitely wrong with mainstream 'churchianity'.

Imagine such an outburst from a supposedly man of God? Very unchristian!

Here's the thing. It is either Oyedebo is not well versed in Scriptures to know the mind of God concerning persecutions and attacks on true Christians (he can never claim that all those meaningless curses were from God), or he's simply deceiving himself.

Does it mean that he doesn't trust God to save His own? Is God no longer the ALMIGHTY capable of wiping off all His enemies within a twinkling of an eye if He so wish? Does Oyedebo not trust His promises?

The Scriptures says: "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him" (Nahum 1:7).

This is what we know and testify to! And no power can touch the Lord's elects!
so what u are saying is that Christians should just fold their arms and expect miracle. just like not preparing for an exam, and hoping for miracle, while probably others were burning their night oil, you were having series of night vigil, then u expect to pass. Or maybe sitting in your house doing nothing and wishing and praying for God to make u a millionaire. since u claim to be a Christian, I'd love to draw you to the happenings when Jesus found traders in the temple. His outburst was chaotic and turbulent. He was said to foil them, with anger. He probably should have been calm while d desecrate the holy place. I don't know why OP have a problem with the bishop's statement, buh I think it's high time Christians stood their ground. The kingdom of God suffers violence, and only the violent taketh it by force... You can't be doing nothing and expect results!!! Get that into your head OP.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Chiefobdk1: 7:32am On Jan 14, 2017
You ve successfully made urself the butt of nairaland jokes
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by jojotemitopaz(m): 7:39am On Jan 14, 2017
[NafeesaAA:
I just watched the scary video of Living Faith Church's Pastor David Oyedepo, declaring the Muslim as enemy, the North as born-to-rule habitat of "Islamic demons" and advocating immediate breakup of Nigeria.

I don't know much about this dangerous man aside from the video of him, not long ago, slapping a church member for saying she's a "witch for Jesus." But the content of this hate-promoting video should rattle our intelligence-gathering agencies.

I've never seen a slowpoke so passionately cheered up in a televised sermon, and obviously so loved. If we don't pass a legislation against hateful public preaching as Oyedepo's, and begin to have all our religious leaders punished for their transgressions, we may just be waiting for a full-blown religious war. author=ScotsReferendum post=52788939]

Get ready to live in your Islamic republic in the Far North

Enough is enough

Fulani herdsmen terrorism will no longer be tolerated again angry[/quote]
And thats how some muslim clerics incites its followers to violence...ultimately leading to war...trust me this is what some have been craving for a long time ago...u wernt there or ever hear what some christens do up north that made some rise in violence against them...hate speech by a cleric is very very dangerous...u wont be able to curtail it when it breaks out.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by CashVessel(m): 7:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Splinz:
Oyedebo is simply ranting. The fact is, something is definitely wrong with mainstream 'churchianity'.

Imagine such an outburst from a supposedly man of God? Very unchristian!

Here's the thing. It is either Oyedebo is not well versed in Scriptures to know the mind of God concerning persecutions and attacks on true Christians (he can never claim that all those meaningless curses were from God), or he's simply deceiving himself.

Does it mean that he doesn't trust God to save His own? Is God no longer the ALMIGHTY capable of wiping off all His enemies within a twinkling of an eye if He so wish? Does Oyedebo not trust His promises?

The Scriptures says: "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him" (Nahum 1:7).

This is what we know and testify to! And no power can touch the Lord's elects!

All this's your talk Na grammar, wait make I place you and your family for southern Kaduna and see if your song won't change. Social media Hypocrite
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:

ISIS has killed more non muslims n places like Syria, Iraq, Libya that's Muslim dominated...... I hear, I give up on u and ur cheap propaganda

How would you know when you do not even know the demands of your brothers, boko haram?

Have you confirmed the official name of boko haram and their demands for Nigeria to be an islamic state ruled by a muslim?

Why are you avoiding it?

I guess you are a muslim. Right?

I hope you know that islam spread by the sword.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by PedroJP(m): 7:55am On Jan 14, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Do you think religious demagoguery is the solution to those "frustrations"? Martin Luther King Jr said you can't conquer darkness with darkness, you can't fight hate with hate...Are Muslims not frustrated with the devastation caused by terrorism?

Whatever may be your perceived frustrations, as a leader, you should not incite hatred against any ethnic and religious group because of the actions of a few criminals among. It is irresponsible and reckless for leaders to abuse their privileges by promoting hate speech which result in active open conflicts and destruction.

My friend shut up pls. There are people who can't and detest killing chicken, but enjoy munching chicken and will even munch the bone join.

There are muslims who ain't comfortable with these killings, but will be happy to have the end result of these killings which is islamisation. Say the truth, won't you be happy to see all humans bowing down for allah whether achieved peacefully or through bloodshed ? Islam is bad.
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 14, 2017
stuffyG:
Nigeria with Religion of hatred, Muslim hates Xtian, Xtian hates pagan . The weapons of mass destruction is not but religion. #teamhomosapien#
#teamsloveall#

ok how many times have you read in newspaper or heard in news that a group of pagan or pagan were attcked or killed by christians
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by vislabraye(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2017
saintmark88:
Pentecostals or what ever they call themselves are d problem we have in this country.... First how did they ascertain that the people killed n southern kaduna are all christains ??, is there a list of those killed to ascertain that the people killed are southerns??

Y do we always give everything a religious undertone??, remember it was d same with d Boko Haram tin, it took a while for us to understand that the Boko Haram tin wasn't just a christain affair.

These pastors r fueling the issue, how can u incite more violence, how can u put it in d mind of people that it's a religious war??........Tonye u r very right, taking up arms would aggreviate the issue, it is not a solution.

These people saying rubbish here r only saying so because the Oyedepo man to them can never b wrong to them, have u forgotten these men r worshiped in Nigeria, pple Dnt worship God again, they worship these men.

May be if you hear an eye witness account you would know better. FYI no Moslem was killed during the attack. And when someone was being killed, the killers shout allah akbar. What does it look like to you ?
Do you also know that Southern Kaduna is populated by mostly Christians ?
Re: Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order by vislabraye(m): 8:16am On Jan 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm sure you can read, and I'm also sure you saw in the original post on my position on attacks.

However, Oyedepo spoke carnally and irresponsibly! You can either be a Christian by yielding to Christ doctrine OR you choose to do it your own way but leave out Christianity. Apostasy should never be welcomed.

I'm not against people protecting themselves but I am against just killing of people just by appearance. However, if we are to be Christians, there are commandments and precepts we must stick to.

But that said, I urge Oyedepo to lead the way along with his kids and fanboys/girls and let's see if they have balls

So protecting yourself is not unchristianlike ? . I thought you wanted the Christians to fold their hands and be killed.
I don't know of any moslem who have condemned this killing. You just have to see this from Oyedepos point of view. He's the only MOG that's vocal against this evil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS / Church Management Information System Course And Certification / Seminarian Slumped And Died While Acting Passion Of Christ Drama In Imo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.