Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) (1762 Views)

Garba Shehu Backs Danjuma’s Call For Self-defence / Danjuma's Self Defence Call On Nigerians 'Shocking, Scary' - Presidency / Sagay Backs Danjuma’s Self-Defence, Says Law Allows Nigerians Defend Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
Earlier today a nairalander made a Post as showned below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3571229/inciteful-statement-bishop-david-oyedepo

various opinions and views of backlash followed on by nairalnaders on the OP, and many of who profess to be Christians, normally i don't want to get involved, but reading the various comments i was forced to voice out this, that

"Paul, Jesus Christ, Elijah, Daniel, et.al will be weeping for many Christians today"

why did i say this:

1. Daniel 6: 10:
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

even in the face of death, Daniel open his mouth and widow and prayed to God, never once was it heard that Daniel called the three Hebrew Children and ask them to take Gun and face the king and his men, he did what he needed to do and God gave him the Victory.

2. The 3 Hebrew Children: Daniel 3: 18

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. 17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

what happen at the end of the day, God gave them the Victory that they desire, they did not take up arms to fight the king.

3. Jesus Christ: Matthew 26: 51 - 53

And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

This is the saviour of the Christian and the world. are we saying we are more churchly that Christ the owner of the church? Capital NO!!

4. Stephen: Act 7: 54 - 58

When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

This is our early church martyr, an examples and companion in the faith.

4. Paul Apostles and the early church.

was summed up from wikkipedia.

Persecution of Christians can be traced historically based on the biblical account of Jesus in the first century of the Christian era to the present time. Early Christians were persecuted for their faith at the hands of both Jews from whose religion Christianity arose and the Romans who controlled much of the land across which early Christianity was distributed. Early in the fourth century, the religion was legalized by the Edict of Milan, and it eventually became the State church of the Roman Empire.
Christian missionaries as well as converts to Christianity have been the targets of persecution ever since the emergence of Christianity, sometimes to the point of being martyred for their faith.

Schisms of the Middle Ages and especially the Protestant Reformation, provoked severe conflicts between Christian denominations persecuting each other.

In the 20th century, Christians have been persecuted by various groups, including the Islamic Ottoman Empire in the form of the Armenian Genocide, Assyrian Genocide and Greek Genocide, as well as atheistic states such as the Soviet Union and North Korea. During World War II members of some Christian churches were persecuted in Nazi Germany for resisting Nazi ideology.

In more recent times the persecution of Christians has increased in India according to International Christian Concern.[1][2] The Christian missionary organization Open Doors (UK) estimates 100 million Christians face persecution, particularly in Muslim-majority countries such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

what are we then saying,

1. Is the killing appropriate: NO
2. Is the Government doing enough to curb the situation: NO
3. Should Christian Retaliate: NO
4. Should we be more careful: YES
5. Should we defend Ourself: YES

Now to the 5th Point: Defending oneself which many have taken to another level, by calling on christian to take guns, clubs, stone, e.t.c and defend themselves.

Christ in all His teaching did not teach us this method of defend in Christianity.

on personal ground you can decide to defend yourselve with anything, but when Religious leaders start making INCITEFUL STATEMENT, and UNGUARDED UTTERANCES, it brings about utterance.

Can I ask my fellow Christians this Questions.

Do you fight the devil with his own tool.?

I need an answer to this.

Christian today, arise go on your knees and pray unto your God, People are not ready to pray, in the Scripture, People of God praise, pray and won the victory.

1. Jehoshaphat and the Israelites:
[b]2 Chronicles 20: 21: And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. 21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever. 22And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. 23For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another. 24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped. 25 And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.[/b]

2: Paul and silas, "They prayed, they sang, and the Holy Ghost came down"; that popular songs, how many are singing it today.

Be reminded therefore that this are not:
A. Takasufe kind of songs.
B. Snailike kind of prayer.
C. Spinelike kind of lifestyle.

I will sum it up by saying that.

"Oh Christian, do not behave like the sons and daughters of the devil, Go back to your God, prayed to your God, live the type of life God wants your to live and watch how God will give your Dominion, Victory over all that seek your life.

You can defend yourself with whatevet means applicable to you, but dont mix it up with Religion

Good evening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by onexile: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
Story! @Op you have succeeded in saying nothing. Pls practice your own brand of Christianity and let me practice mine.

I am a Christian, but I am not that type of forgive and forget Christian. I don't forgive and I don't forget. If you kill my mother, I will kill yours, if you kill my father, I will kill yours too. It's as simple as that.

Note: Don't waste your time quoting and preaching bible to me, I have been hearing the gospel since I was born.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
onexile:
Story!

You want to take Gun and start killing in retaliation. Go ahead
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
You have spoken well Sir!

I stand with my position against the apostasy of "god of men"!

Well done boss...

A Nairalander PMIcon posted this

PMIcon:
The Bible is clear about the Christians reaction. If you can't take it abuse those who refuse to be churchbench warmers, who have decided to trust God and obey His word.

19"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you." James 1:19-21

"14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse...
17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
19Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written:
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
20On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:14-21

1 Like

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by onexile: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

You want to take Gun and start killing in retaliation. Go ahead
tell them to bring it on!
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
onexile:
Story! @Op you have succeeded in saying nothing. Pls practice your own brand of Christianity and let me practice mine.

I am a Christian, but I am not that type of forgive and forget Christian. I don't forgive and I don't forget. If you kill my mother, I will kill yours, if you kill my father, I will kill yours too. It's as simple as that.

Note: Don't waste your time quoting and preaching bible to me, I have been hearing the gospel since I was born.

Is the Bible written in your heart.

Bible is not a story book, of fictions book.

Read it and let the Bible have meaningful impact in your life
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by onexile: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You have spoken well Sir!

I stand with my position against the apostasy of "god of men"!

Well done boss...

A Nairalander PMIcon posted this

It's not your fault, they have never killed your father or your sisters. They have never burnt down your village, neither have they rapped your mother in front of you.

Wait untill they do that, then we can now talk. For now, talk is cheap!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by onexile: 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

story story! Tell this gospel to the Fulani's
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

Remember that the Jews rejected peaceful Jesus for violent Barabas
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
onexile:
story story! Tell this gospel to the Fulani's

You want to fight back, have you sit down to check your life and stand with God?
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by AfroMighty(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
I love this ops but the only part I don't want to hear talkless of reading is forgiving one fucking cursed descendants of cain when they cross my lane
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
AfroMighty:
I love thisis ops but the only part I don't want to read talkless of reading is forgiving one fucking cursed descendants of cain

Hmm, if Jesus can heal back the ear cut by Peter, who are we his followers not to do the same
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by WINNERMENTALITY: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
All this demented holigans posting front and back here...Am hunderd precent sure most of you are from South Nigerians. Some has not even traveled Out of their region before talkless of seen a fulani man with dagger.

Pls know that everything u posted has other point to counter it in same bible. Go and ask Rome if this the kind Christianity they practiced and you think about a holy Land..

And for your Notice Jesus preached among fellow believers who at-least bought his idea of God and Love among brethen....

Ask most of the Roman Countries how they were able to defend the religion till today.. You think is by laying your life down for a pagan, a satanist who dont even what your God is or recognize you as a fellow human being.

In as much as am a christian, i am first of all a human being. If you peel my skin i would bleed and if you killed my love one, Natural event will take over me and not socalled spiritual crap your guys are preaching.

If you see a man wielding a cutlass in your front what will be thing going on in your mind.... Do think your will remember to quote John 3 vs 16 or even know any 3 word from it.

PLS IN THE NAME OF GOD. LETS STOP ALL THIS FOOLISHNESS WE ARE SAYING HERE IN THE NAME OF CHRISTIANITY. YOUR PRAYER WOULD BE LET WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PEOPLE NOT HAPPEN TO YOU.

This is same shit Armenians believed until it was clear to them if they dont do anything Turkey will wipe them away... Our Christianity has not neared the typed Armenians practiced but when Turkey authorities wiped 1.5million of them their eyes cleared.

Just understand this bible is interpreted in different ways depending on your condition..Christians in Egypt,Somali,North Nigeria dont see it like the one
sitting in his comfort In Lagos or Rome.
Just remember that God is Love, when its time to love we love , when it time for war we WAR

2 Likes

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
Christian cannot continue to say, am a child of God and not ready to be like him in way, character, and thought.

We cannot kill for God.

Elijah said, if God be God.

Let God do the fighting, christian serve a living God isn't it?
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by AfroMighty(m): 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

Hmm, if Jesus can heal back the ear cut by Peter, who are we his followers not to do the same
Yes we follow Christ and inasmuch as I have my bible, I can use the law of moses too

1 Like

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by tomakint: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:
Christian cannot continue to say, am a child of God and not ready to be like him in way, character, and thought.

We cannot kill for God.

So how do you advise a christian who was rounded up by these nomads and was about to be suyalized. Kneel down and pray like Stephen in the Bible? You lost me completely here. I pray u will not encounter these bastards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
All this demented holigans posting front and back here...Am hunderd precent sure most of you are from South Nigerians. Some has not even traveled Out of their region before talkless of seen a fulani man with dagger.

Pls know that everything u posted has other point to counter it in same bible. Go and ask Rome if this the kind Christianity they practiced and you think about a holy Land..

And for your Notice Jesus preached among fellow believers who at-least bought his idea of God and Love among brethen....

Ask most of the Roman Countries how they were able to defend the religion till today.. You think is by laying your life down for a pagan, a satanist who dont even what your God is or recognize you as a fellow human being.

In as much as am a christian, i am first of all a human being. If you peel my skin i would bleed and if you killed my love one, Natural event will take over me and not socalled spiritual crap your guys are preaching.

If you see a man wielding a cutlass in your front what will be thing going on in your mind.... Do think your will remember to quote John 3 vs 16 or even know any 3 word from it.

PLS IN THE NAME OF GOD. LETS STOP ALL THIS FOOLISHNESS WE ARE SAYING HERE IN THE NAME OF CHRISTIANITY. YOUR PRAYER WOULD BE LET WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PEOPLE NOT HAPPEN TO YOU.

This is same shit Armenians believed until it was clear to them if they dont do anything Turkey will wipe them away... Our Christianity has not neared the typed Armenians practiced but when Turkey authorities wiped 1.5million of them their eyes cleared.

Just understand this bible is interpreted in different ways depending on your condition..Christians in Egypt,Somali,North Nigeria dont see it like the one
sitting in his comfort In Lagos or Rome.
Just remember that God is Love, when its time to love we love , when it time for war we WAR

Abuse me like as you can.

So for saying my mind am now all the names you mention in your comments.........

but remember that it takes a fool to know a foolish man.

And it take an hooligan to know hooligans
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
AfroMighty:

Yes we follow Christ and inasmuch as I have my bible, I can use the law of moses too

Law of Moses you say, what happen to the Law of God
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

Abuse me like as you can.

So for saying my mind am now all the names you mention in your comments.........

but remember that it takes a fool to know a foolish man.

And it take an hooligan to know hooligans

Is that all you can see... U obviously wan to cause trouble with your post. If this is how you console your fellow Christians then i think you are not diffrent from the perpetrators themselves. in your mind death from satanist and murderer is acceptable to God once u dont retaliate. Smh for some people...

Go tell that to an Israelite living within Arab nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

We cannot kill for God.

Pls take your time and read about Armenia Genocide. This were people that were practicing undiluted form of Christianity and preaching of Jesus Christ. Brother if u cant travel, plead read and stop reading bible to only your comfort
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by Opakan2: 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
Most of you claiming to be christians are just church goers, nothing more

You need to first understand the solar system, concept of astrology and Soul age to start catching a glimpse of why you're existing in the first place

so many have been manipulated, duped and destroyed with "religion".why it is easy for an "equal" in the sight of the most high to class him/herself superior. Such a pity
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
tomakint:

So how do you advise a christian who was rounded up by these nomads and was about to be suyalized. Kneel down and pray like Stephen in the Bible? You lost me completely here. I pray u will not encounter these bastards.

May I ask you, can we live our lives differently the way the early church live theirs, do we have another bible, do we have another Jesus, do we christian so to say have another religion.

we are quick to tell the other religion to allow their god fight instead of killing for him, yet the christian today are quick to say, we will revenge for God.

Am not saying you should not defend yourself. But carrying Gun, cutlass, club and facing satanist who have nothing to loose even if he died in the process he believes there await rewards for him.

But as a christian what did you have to gain, when in the process of fighting for God and trying to help God, because that is what I can decipher from your submission.

Sir Tomakint, Jesus Said to Peter who wanted to kill for Him that
"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

Are you more bible than Jesus

1 Like

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by limeta(f): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything
3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

2 Likes

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by tomakint: 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
engineerboat:

May I ask you, can we live our lives differently the way the early church live theirs, do we have another bible, do we have another Jesus, do we christian so to say have another religion.

we are quick to tell the other religion to allow their god fight instead of killing for him, yet the christian today are quick to say, we will revenge for God.

Am not saying you should not defend yourself. But carrying Gun, cutlass, club and facing satanist who have nothing to loose even if he died in the process he believes there await rewards for him.

But as a christian what did you have to gain, when in the process of fighting for God and trying to help God, because that is what I can decipher from your submission.

Sir Tomakint, Jesus Said to Peter who wanted to kill for Him that
"Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

Are you more bible than Jesus

@Engr I think @ WINNERMENTALITY and limeta have supplied answers to your post. Have a good night rest.
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 12:22am On Jan 14, 2017
limeta:
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything
3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

And a time to kill, a time to revenge,
A time to carry bible, a time to put bible aside and carry gun
a time to .........., and time again to.........
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by limeta(f): 12:24am On Jan 14, 2017
engineerboat:

And a time to kill, a time to revenge,
A time to carry bible, a time to put bible aside and carry gun
a time to .........., and time again to.........

Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 Like

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by jamislaw(m): 12:35am On Jan 14, 2017
This noise here and there if you want to fight take your gun or cutlass look for Fulani herdsmen........... Remember those people get bad jazz Don't say we never told you.
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 12:37am On Jan 14, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

Pls take your time and read about Armenia Genocide. This were people that were practicing undiluted form of Christianity and preaching of Jesus Christ. Brother if u cant travel, plead read and stop reading bible to only your comfort

Brother i read the Bible and i understand what it contains, Christians are leaving what they ought to do to put their hands in what does not concerns them.

Persecutions of Christians had been from the beginning and it will not stop till Christ come, take it or leave it.

The Ottoman Turks, having recently entered World War I on the side of Germany and the Austro-Hungarian Empire, were worried that Armenians living in the Ottoman Empire would offer wartime assistance to Russia. Russia had long coveted control of Constantinople (now Istanbul), which controlled access to the Black Sea -- and therefore access to Russia's only year-round seaports.

By 1914, Ottoman authorities were already portraying Armenians as a threat to the empire's security. Then, on the night of April 23-24, 1915, the authorities in Constantinople, the empire's capital, rounded up about 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders. Many of them ended up deported or assassinated.
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 12:39am On Jan 14, 2017
limeta:

Ecclesiastes 3:1

while they are using their cutlass soaked inside their charms, and gun that had been kept inside their idol tent for days to face you, now you want to defend yourself with gun soaked inside what (hope its not the blood of Jesus)
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by freeze001(f): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2017
One thing I know for sure is that God will further punish every Christian that had every opportunity to defend himself and family with available means yet fails to do so and rather lays himself bare to be plundered.
Wisdom is profitable to direct!

If y'all keep interpreting the Bible in this one way manner, u would have failed in imbibing the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Op! Will u ask all soldiers of the Christian faith to pay down their arms particularly in the face of boko haram for instance? Will u ask a woman with access to a knife to keep it down and allow herself to be raped and killed? Why do u think people train and take self defence classes?
Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by paramakina202: 9:52am On Jan 14, 2017
Every human being have a right to self defence irrespective of religious beliefs.
Any person or group that allows himself to be murdered in cold blood by terrorist Fulani jihadist died in vain and will not even make heaven.
Do not be deceived by agents of darkness.
Oh yes I am Catholic/Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Killings In The North: Point Of Order (Religion & Self Defence) by engineerboat(m): 10:29am On Jan 14, 2017
freeze001:
One thing I know for sure is that God will further punish every Christian that had every opportunity to defend himself and family with available means yet fails to do so and rather lays himself bare to be plundered.
Wisdom is profitable to direct!

If y'all keep interpreting the Bible in this one way manner, u would have failed in imbibing the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Op! Will u ask all soldiers of the Christian faith to pay down their arms particularly in the face of boko haram for instance? Will u ask a woman with access to a knife to keep it down and allow herself to be raped and killed? Why do u think people train and take self defence classes?

Please we should not mix this up.

Nobody said you should not defend yourself with whatever means. But don't mix it up with religion.

Cc: lalasticlala, myd44

(1) (2) (Reply)

Read How Edo State Is Emerging The New Japan Of Nigeria / Pdp Crisis: Why Reconciliation Is No Longer An Option – Governor Wike / BREAKING!!! Nnamdi Kanu: ECOWAS Court Dismisses Fg's Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.