Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Too Many Male Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Too Many Male Friends (448 Views)

Male Friends Steps In As Bridesmaids For Woman With No Female Friends (PHOTOS) / She Is Going To Stay At A Young Male Friends Place For Her I.T / My Girlfriend Spent Five Days In Her Male Friends House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Many Male Friends by toys2seven(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
So, here's a mail that was sent to feature on www.maturemindstalk.com 's "What Do You Think" which happens every Friday by 7pm.

Simple Question before you read on: How many friends of the opposite sex is your partner allowed to have before you start to feel jealous or uneasy? If you can't answer for yourself, then check if you can help Emmanuel (not real name) answer his.

Hello Sir,

Compliments of the season to you. My name is Emmanuel. I am a Journalist and a newscaster. I’m happily married and I don’t have any issue per say, but here I am, still writing what might probably go live on your website, on any of these Friday's What Do You Think Series.

The thing is, my wife, who I’ve been married to for 3 years now, has too many friends. I wouldn’t have had any problem with that, or probably not as much problem with that as I have now, except these many friends are male friends. She has so many male friends to an extent that I feel is inappropriate for a married woman.

I’m not typically a jealous type but I must be very honest, this scenario, on several occasions test my ability to not be jealous. I don’t know how she came about them all but they’re always multiplying or something. I know she’s a marketer in her bank but I’m not sure if that is how every “married” female bank marketers have a congregation of male friends.

I wouldn’t want to say this whole scenario isn’t getting to me – at least, here I am writing a letter about it, but I just want to know what do to get along with the flow (even though I'll rather end it). She has always had a few male friends before we got married but it didn’t bother me then. From the childhood friend, the ex-school mate, the brother in the church, the colleague at work, the social media chat buddy, even to her phone repairer (like who the hell keep tabs with their phone repairers?!)

Many of them like that. Although one thing I'm very sure of is that she’s not cheating on me. Not because I sniff around for signs but because I trust my gut and she’s a terrible liar. So, I feel the moment she starts cheating, it won’t take long for me to know. But these her friends are something to write home about. Every time I bring it up, she says “when did it become a crime to have friends, whether as a single or married person?” She just seem oblivious of the point.

I sound like I’m ranting but the thing is paining me because it’s slowly getting to a point where she’ll have to choose between us or her fans (as I call them). I don’t know if any of your readers are in any similar situation, and maybe they can help out with how to deal with situations like this. It’s frustrating and I’m really getting fed up.

What do you think I should do? Do I just look the other way and just be thankful that at least, she isn’t cheating, or do I put my foot down and tell her to be done with her male friends?... or is there any other better way to go about this?

Thank you.

Mature Minds Talk.

As seen on: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2017/01/wdyt-too-many-male-friends.html
Re: Too Many Male Friends by stan241(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
You have to trust her i mean you did hence you took her to the altar right?
Re: Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
grin

His wife is a bank marketer ..obviously, her clients mostly are men..

Clients are very important, they are the one bringing the money in... For them to feel comfortable, u need to be more friendly but doing biznez with them at the same time..

NO CLIENT. NO BIZNEZ & he shud know that.. wink
Re: Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Did you not notice that she is that way before you married her??

Too bad, too late. Deal with it now or divorce.

Out of respect for you, she needs to cut it out but it is likely she wont or she may but resent you.

Either way, your long term marriage happiness is very questionable and in jeopardy because you wont have peace about her male companies and she wont either knowing what you think.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

How To Control Your Sexual Thoughts / OPINION:LOVE BEFORE YOU VALENTINE, TRANSCENDING THE MISCONCEPTIONS.BY OKOLI C. / Valentine's Day Report (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.