Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,077 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? (1016 Views)

Man Spotted Kneeling Down As He Begs His Girlfriend To Forgive Him In Public / How Did You Find Out That You're Being Cheated On? / Military Officer Kneeling Down To Propose To His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello NL, I have been wondering of something and am yet to get the right answer.

The other day I was reading a thread here on NL that said; why a man must kneel down to propose to a woman.
Today, another thread that a lady wants a ring back after refusing his proposal all because he didn't even kneel down
https://www.nairaland.com/3577134/lady-wants-ring-back-after

My question is[b]HOW DID KNEELING DOWN TO PROPOSE TO A WOMAN STARTED?[/b]

Because, I am not undstanding and is like this thing is becoming much in Nigeria, any time I want to see what is happen down there, I must see a thread for proposal & pre- wedding photo..
Can someone enlighten us please or share more idea about kneeling down for proposal?
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by makydee(f): 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2017
"How did kneeling down to propose to a woman started"?

Lemme goan ask my mummy, she may know how it startedgrin
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
makydee:
"How did kneeling down to propose to a woman started"?

Lemme goan ask my mummy, she may know how it startedgrin

Pls ask, let's get this solved today
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by Masonic(m): 6:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
Even google cant accurately answer you question. We all know its a western thing but who can really point out who started it or how
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by Nateben(m): 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
undecided

Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
it's started with

Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by chigoizie7(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bros I tire. Anyways with me, all of them go tire because ring set them no go see.

U know all these kinda relationships when both of u know u will end up together and then one of the days, u sit her down and then tell her how happy u are being with her and then asking if she will like to spend the rest of her life with u, iron out some things in ur life , if her answer is yes, then tell her to find out from her parents when it will be suitable for u to show and make ur intentions know and then proceed with the marriage rites ASAP, and in less than 2 months, u will be done with the whole thing and start building ur own home. Instead of pulling all these publicity stunts to propose , make sure all the social media house has the topic as " trending" but she will wear the ring for 5 more years and still counting, Ikechukwu and that ofili girl and so many others are case studies. And even the girl that rejected ring because guy man no kneel down. What nonsense?
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Whoever invented the first ring got the answer to that. #weird stuff.

T34M V1RG1N
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
chigoizie7:
Bros I tire. Anyways with me, all of them go tire because ring set them no go see.

U know all these kinda relationships when both of u know u will end up together and then one of the days, u sit her down and then tell her how happy u are being with her and then asking if she will like to spend the rest of her life with u, iron out some things in ur life , if her answer is yes, then tell her to find out from her parents when it will be suitable for u to show and make ur intentions know and then proceed with the marriage rites ASAP, and in less than 2 months, u will be done with the whole thing and start building ur own home. Instead of pulling all these publicity stunts to propose , make sure all the social media house has the topic as " trending" but she will wear the ring for 5 more years and still counting, Ikechukwu and that ofili girl and so many others are case studies. And even the girl that rejected ring because guy man no kneel down. What nonsense?

Bro, I bet u, this thing is taking another dimension this days. People are even going crazy about proposal..
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
That is a thing i will never do. Kneeling to propose is bushii%t to me. There are better ways you can go about it than acting stup!d because you want to give her ring. Crap. Even self am angry.

1 Like

Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bro, when ever I tell my frnds that, that is the last thing I can ever do on earth, they think am joking. She suppose to kneel down & beg me to marry her. I still see that practice for the poor because I can't kneel down to beg a girl to come & enjoy my money......#God forbid#
SillyeRabbit:
That is a thing i will never do. Kneeling to propose is bushii%t to me. There are better ways you can go about it than acting stup!d because you want to give her ring. Crap. Even self am angry.
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yup. Kneeling to propose is never going to happen. She will be the one to go on her knees when you take her on a cruise lol
AndyMolarAllwel:
Bro, when ever I tell my frnds that, that is the last thing I can ever do on earth, they think am joking. She suppose to kneel down & beg me to marry her. I still see that practice for the poor because I can't kneel down to beg a girl to come & enjoy my money......#God forbid#
Re: How Did Kneeling Down For Proposal Started? by chigoizie7(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
AndyMolarAllwel:

Bro, I bet u, this thing is taking another dimension this days. People are even going crazy about proposal..

Na them sabi, if u can't marry me without the ring, den u are on ur own

(1) (Reply)

6 University Students Arrested For Gang-raping Teenage Girl Granted N9M Bail.. / Erotic Story ยป Secret Agenda / My Boyfriend And His Ex. Please advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.