Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? (57231 Views)

Please Help Me, I'm Suffering From Staphylococcus / What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by SUPOL(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nma27:
Maybe
Ayam not sure
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
SUPOL:
Ayam not sure
Indeed
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
Atiku2019:
TDF/3TC/EFV grin
....lol grin grin...he does'nt have HIV
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Atiku2019: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
snowblaq:
....lol grin grin...he does'nt have HIV

Lol you work with an NGO? wink
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
Rhea:

For Staph & E coli: Augmentin 375mg 1 tablet every 8hrs for 10 days. Make sure you complete the dose. or 500mg every 12hrs for 10 days.
.. ....are you for real??...Augmentin 375mg is for children.....adult dose is either 625mg or 1000mg depending on the severity of the infection.....Augmentin does'nt present as 500mg... and I cant help wondering how u would advice him to get 500mg dose from a 625mg tablet........besides....what this guy needs is a sensitivity test...so he doesnt just go popping pills uneccessarily........................stop giving false advice.....it can kill..
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 3:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
sonofLuci:

Okay, I can get that, will it be enough? Without injection?
.....please b mindful of the types of advices u get on nairaland
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Atiku2019:

Lol you work with an NGO? wink
....nope....i'm a Pharmacist
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by SUPOL(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nma27:
Indeed
d one I know is 24
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Akell(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
Tonymegabush1:

I just bought it recently a day ago.
Do well to use as prescribed. Use no other sort brought to you on this platform.
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
nelszx:

Did you read where he said the scientist prescribed cipro to him? The only part he mentioned the scientist was he was warned against Augmentin cos of the resistant level. Do well and ask him who prescribed the cipro to him. What these patients do is after sensitivity they go buy these antibiotics and self medicate (one even told me the dosage and direction to take the drug is already on the drug pamphlet)

You must be a disgruntled lab scientist. Nigeria is only ahead of 3 countries in the world when it comes to medicine and it because of people like you.
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
SUPOL:
d one I know is 24
She's no longer 24
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by nelszx: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
ponzihater:

You must be a disgruntled lab scientist. Nigeria is only ahead of 3 countries in the world when it comes to medicine and it because of people like you.

I need not throw jibes at you but just a simple question and you are throwing tantrums.
DID YOU READ IN HIS POST WHERE HE SAID THE ANTIBIOTICS WAS PRESCRIBED TO HIM BY THE SCIENTIST?
He was only advised from taking Augmentin cos of the level of resistance and you are here speaking long and short English.
Simple and harmless question. It's only a Nigeria doctor who thinks giving an advice on a drug from a Medical laboratory scientist is wrong and sees it as prescription.
Don't you know that there's a difference between an advice and a prescription.

That's what the scientist was advising the young man about and your primitive self thinks it's prescription #ShameOnYou

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
snowblaq:
.....please b mindful of the types of advices u get on nairaland

Okay drugbaroness, is that lime stuff okay to do?
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
sonofLuci:

Okay drugbaroness, is that lime stuff okay to do?
.....nope...il suggest u get a sensitivity test done so that u know exactly wat drug to buy
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
snowblaq:
.. ....are you for real??...Augmentin 375mg is for children.....adult dose is either 625mg or 1000mg depending on the severity of the infection.....Augmentin does'nt present as 500mg... and I cant help wondering how u would advice him to get 500mg dose from a 625mg tablet........besides....what this guy needs is a sensitivity test...so he doesnt just go popping pills uneccessarily........................stop giving false advice.....it can kill..

Most staph infections from sensitivity are just contaminants. Staph mainly cause skin, joints and bone infections. and few times food poisoning. A man having symptom of STI or UTI and thinking of staph first is merely foolishness and this foolishness is propagated by Ponzi doctors, nurses and lab workers. Nigeria health sector is doomed, if you are a doctor in Naija run away.

I remain Ponzi hater and I tell only the truth
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
ponzihater:

Most staph infections from sensitivity are just contaminants. Staph mainly cause skin, joints and bone infections. and few times food poisoning. A man having symptom of STI or UTI and thinking of staph first is merely foolishness and this foolishness is propagated by Ponzi doctors, nurses and lab workers. Nigeria health sector is doomed, if you are a doctor in Naija run away.

......I think u missed the right person this post is directed at.....
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by jedisco(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Rhea:

Evidence based medicine freely available. The internet is not only for Nairaland and Facebook

Hmmmm. You really need to stop spewing trash. The way most illiterates who have been to one health school or the other spew trash is appalling. Like it's not the same augmentin I prescribe almost every day.
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Atiku2019: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
snowblaq:
....nope....i'm a Pharmacist
Where do you work?
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by nelszx: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
ponzihater:

In most labs Staphylococcus that are contaminants (epidermidis) are well differentiated from the pathogenic staph (Aureus). The people whom you'd have directed this message to are the trado-guys who believes everything is caused by Staphylococcus who can't differentiate between a commensal from a pathogen.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
snowblaq:
.....nope...il suggest u get a sensitivity test done so that u know exactly wat drug to buy

Okies thanks smiley
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by SUPOL(m): 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nma27:
She's no longer 24
lolz, is u baa?
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Snow5(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
SnowJay92:

Grab a condom always!

Lols... I will sir.

I am not even doing again self.. Lols
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
Snow5:

Lols... I will sir.

I am not even doing again self.. Lols

Lol, if you can abstain best, but if your resolve doesn't hold like most born again resolutions, stay protected always.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by snowblaq(f): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
Atiku2019:

Where do you work?
...in a Pharmacy
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
nelszx:

In most labs Staphylococcus that are contaminants (epidermidis) are well differentiated from the pathogenic staph (Aureus). The people whom you'd have directed this message to are the trado-guys who believes everything is caused by Staphylococcus who can't differentiate between a commensal from a pathogen.

You need some enlightening . If I see staph aureus in someone urine from a lab culture u think i will bother myself? Staph aureus doesn't routinely cause an urinary tract infection. Most lab test collaborates a doctor's finding and if a ridculous result is seen it is thrown in d thrash can.

Once more staph aureus causes skin, bone , joint infections, food poisoning and in some cases respiratory infections. Then could result in bacteria when it becomes overwhelming. Medical personnel in Nigeria should run away on a mass exodus we are rated above only 3 African countries by WHO.
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Tem12(f): 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2017
sonofLuci:
Please what's the best way to treat staphylococcus infection? Herbal product or English?

I hate injections, guys have any of you tried herbal? Is it safe to use?

Herbal products are very safe to use.. (its cures it from the root with time)...

For me o, i wouldn't advise English drugs for the treatment...
(probably am used to herbal drugs and Agbò)

Broz, you be bad guy oo.( dont you protect yourself when doing it?)
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Tem12:

Herbal products are very safe to use.. (its cures it from the root with time)...

Lol na serious gf make me no use cd, I nor know say she don contact cry
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Tem12:

Which herbal product by the way? Used any?
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Rhea(f): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
jedisco:

Hmmmm. You really need to stop spewing trash. The way most illiterates who have been to one health school or the other spew trash is appalling. Like it's not the same augmentin I prescribe almost every day.

Stick your head up your rectum
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
Rhea:

Stick your head up your rectum

Chronic inability to hear word is ur problem. You have no license to prescribe yet you want a fellow human being to stick her head in her rectum for trying to make u a more reasonable human being. The thunder that will fire u and all other quacks is still unfrozen by MMM.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
Akell:

Do well to use as prescribed. Use no other sort brought to you on this platform.

Na so guy. D cream self no too dey 4 Mrkt like dat it's only one pharmacy dat has it and datz Wia he (doc) sent me to get it...Dstz wot am using
Re: What's The Best Way To Treat Staphylococcus Infection? by Rhea(f): 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
snowblaq:

Thanks for the correction. Augmentin is Amoxil + Clavulanate inn 4:1 ratio. Exists in 375, 625 and 1000mg. However, whatever tablet he takes makes no difference as long as he takes the appropriate dose to enable him reach therapeutic trough for augmentin. You cannot assume all 3 are available in every market. Augmentin will not kill you, not even if you wanted to commit suicide. Aspirin would. So would Alcohol.
Sensitivities are not meant for everything. This is a simple infection that should be treated empirically. We are not dealing with a septic patient here. Free medical advice does not equate to quack advice. Money ain't everything sister

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / Man Slumps & Dies In Delta State (photos) / Is This Pregnancy For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.