Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds (7817 Views)

Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by MrMontella(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

What exactly do u expect? For the researchers to involve every child in the world? That's impossible... That's not how statistics work.
The claim is that religious children are averagely meaner than secular children. It doesn't mean that all religious children are mean or all secular children are nice... It only means that on an average, it is more likely for a religious child to be mean than a secular child.
BTW, saying the research must have been rigged is a weak ass* argument.
thats what they want...
People who are unfamiliar with studies
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by hopefulLandlord: 10:52am On Jan 20, 2017
one post of Goodmuyis on this thread makes more sense than all Felixomor's posts put together, so Felixomor quickly jumps on Goodmuyis' post like its his owngrin

1 Like

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by felixomor: 11:13am On Jan 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
one post of Goodmuyis on this thread makes more sense than all Felixomor's posts put together, so Felixomor quickly jumps on Goodmuyis' post like its his owngrin

Hehehehe mention me again when u urself makes sense grin
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2017
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by hopefulLandlord: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:
They just as mean when they grow up as well :

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because

can't you see how many "Killings" "Rape" "Robbery" "Embezzlement" etc being reported as carried out by atheists on Nairaland front-page?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:
They just as mean when they grow up as well :

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because
U people are falling hand like kilode... U just keep dropping red herrings every way. Not a single attempt to criticize the study on it's merits. Only GoodMuyis exec attempted to..
How do these links disprove the Op? U are pointing to five to seven bad atheists in history to show that a study involving over 1,200 people is false. I already explained the difference between anecdotes and statistics. Using anecdote is a fallacy....
U guys really need to do a better job. Poking holes in this study is not that difficult. In fact, I can think of some issues that can be raised criticizing the study... But that would be doing your job for you undecided
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2017
felixomor:

When u ask questions like these.
U only but expose urself that u r not familiar with science...at all

I cant even use a study of 1200 people to assess nigeria alone, let alone the world.
There is a formula for ideal sample size...

Use your google to find it and calculate the ideal sample size for an experiment as this.
Lolz... Tell that to the different universities all over the world that conducted the study... Most studies don't even have up to a thousand people... The links u posted earlier, how many people were involved in the study?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

U people are falling hand like kilode... U just keep dropping red herrings every way. Not a single attempt to criticize the study on it's merits. Only GoodMuyis exec attempted to..
How do these links disprove the Op? U are pointing to five to seven bad atheists in history to show that a study involving over 1,200 people is false. I already explained the difference between anecdotes and statistics. Using anecdote is a fallacy....
U guys really need to do a better job. Poking holes in this study is not that difficult. In fact, I can think of some issues that can be raised criticizing the study... But that would be doing your job for you undecided

grin I wasn't attacking the study, I was just analyzing what happens when the dudes grow up, what I noticed is the most murderous rampages ever carried out in human history usually has atheists leading the way, atheists play a huge role in making the 20th century the bloodiest in human history.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

can't you see how many "Killings" "Rape" "Robbery" "Embezzlement" etc being reported as carried out by atheists on Nairaland front-page?

Don't need to, I look at the big statistics where millions are killed, atheists tend to dominate there.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

grin I wasn't attacking the study, I was just analyzing what happens when the dudes grow up, what I noticed is the most murderous rampages ever carried out in human history usually has atheists leading the way, atheists play a huge role in making the 20th century the bloodiest in human history.

So you're just trying to derail the thread? Who led the slavery, world war 1 and 2, genocide in Biafra?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 11:52am On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

So you're just trying to derail the thread? Who led the slavery, world war 1 and 2, genocide in Biafra?

Not religous wars, those atheists killed in the name of atheism.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by hopefulLandlord: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

Don't need to, I look at the big statistics where millions are killed, atheists tend to dominate there.

I'm yet to witness a killing by an atheist

every killing, every rape, every embezzlement, every downright horrible things I've seen done was carried out by theists

BTW don't derail, face this thread
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

Not religous wars, those atheists killed in the name of atheism.
No, they killed in the name of communism. Is communism the same as atheism?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm yet to witness a killing by an atheist

every killing, every rape, every embezzlement, every downright horrible things I've seen done was carried out by theists

BTW don't derail, face this thread

What's there to face, this study only involved over 1,200 people.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

What's there to face, this study only involved over 1,200 people.
How many people need to be involved in a study to make it valid.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

No, they killed in the name of communism. Is communism the same as atheism?

Yeah communism grounded in atheism.

"Throughout the history of the Soviet Union (1922–1991), Soviet authorities suppressed and persecuted various forms of Christianity to different extents depending on the particular era. Soviet Marxist-Leninism policy consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religious beliefs, and actively encouraged atheism during its implementation in the Soviet Union.[1]

The state was committed to the destruction of religion,[2][3] and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed, incarcerated and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with [b]atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth[/b] that society should accept.[4][5] The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies has been estimated to range between 12-20 million" -Wikipedia
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

How many people need to be involved in a study to make it valid.

Millions.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

Yeah communism grounded in atheism.

"Throughout the history of the Soviet Union (1922–1991), Soviet authorities suppressed and persecuted various forms of Christianity to different extents depending on the particular era. Soviet Marxist-Leninism policy consistently advocated the control, suppression, and the elimination of religious beliefs, and actively encouraged atheism during its implementation in the Soviet Union.[1]

The state was committed to the destruction of religion,[2][3] and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed, incarcerated and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with [b]atheistic teachings, and generally promoted atheism as the truth[/b] that society should accept.[4][5] The total number of Christian victims of Soviet state atheist policies has been estimated to range between 12-20 million" -Wikipedia
Answer the question I asked u. Is communism the same thing as atheism
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

Answer the question I asked u. Is communism the same thing as atheism

No they ain't exactly the same but they just two sides of the same coin.

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

No they ain't exactly the same but they just two sides of the same coin.
So they are not the same? Good...
Communism is a political cum economic system of government that invests the government with the exclusive right to produce, distribute resources.
Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist or lack of belief that he does. The communists were atheists who were bad people. Just like Hitler was a catholic who was a bad person and Idi Amin was a Muslim who was a bad person... So if u count the democides as the reflection of atheism then the world wars and every civil war caused by a theist is also a reflection of religion
So can u address the Op now?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

So they are not the same? Good...
Communism is a political cum economic system of government that invests the government with the exclusive right to produce, distribute resources.
Atheism is the belief that God doesn't exist or lack of belief that he does. The communists were atheists who were bad people. Just like Hitler was a catholic who was a bad person and Idi Amin was a Muslim who was a bad person... So if u count the democides as the reflection of atheism then the world wars and every civil war caused by a theist is also a reflection of religion

So can u address the Op now?

Whats there to address, ur study only took over 1.200 kids.

If you think religous kids are meaner than secular kids, PROVE IT

A study with over 1200 kids is not proof.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

Whats there to address, ur study only took over 1.200 kids.

If you think religous kids are meaner than secular kids, PROVE IT

A study with over 1200 kids is not proof.
U keep saying 1200 kids. Are u an authority of demography and statistics or what are u basing your claim that 1200 people are not enough...
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

U keep saying 1200 kids. Are u an authority of demography and statistics or what are u basing your claim that 1200 people are not enough...

Prove the claims of the study or its just speculation based on about 1200 kids out of the millions around the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

Prove the claims of the study or its just speculation based on about 1200 kids out of the millions around the world.
The study itself is proof. U have not been able to show how 1200 children is not enough of a sample... Do u expect them to test millions?? All the studies Christians post about atheists, how many atheists are involved... 1,200 is enough of a sample by any world standard. You are just grappling at straws cheesy
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

The study itself is proof. U have not been able to show how 1200 children is not enough of a sample... Do u expect them to test millions?? All the studies Christians post about atheists, how many atheists are involved... 1,200 is enough of a sample by any world standard. You are just grappling at straws cheesy

So essentially u don't got proof. You atheists demand proof for everything except when u have to give the proof. That's not being a "free thinker", that's just calling urself one.

1 Like

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

So essentially u don't got proof. You atheists demand proof for everything except when u have to give the proof. That's not being a "free thinker", that's just calling urself one.
*facepalm*
The study proves the claim.
If I want to prove that Germans are taller than Nigerians, do I have to study all Germans and all Nigerians?? U guys will just be murdering reason... If u had simply viewed the post and kept quiet, u wouldn't have made this pitiful comment...
The point of a study or survey is to PROVE a claim through the scientific steps of research...
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

U obviously don't know the meaning of statistical analysis, and u will probably claim u finished secondary school...
Did u bother to check the meaning of anecdotes? Maybe u would have understood the point am making. Now Mao and Stalin were individuals, isolated, exceptional circumstances. The same way I can point to the Christians who engage in slave trade leading to the deaths of 60million Africans...
Lemme explain another way, maybe you'll get it. If I say Germans are averagely taller than Nigerians, it doesn't mean all Germans are taller than all Nigerians. There would be tall Nigerians and short Germans. But Germans would statistically be taller.
Now, it would be pure folly for anyone to say that because of individual or isolated cases of some Nigerians taller than some Germans, then it's not true that Germans are taller than Nigerian.
That's why statistical evidence is proof and anecdotes are not. So can u logically refute the experiment or do I need to explain again?

What useless point are you making? Mao Zedong killed over 40million human beings, Stalin was responsible for over 50million, Mussolini also killed his millions, and Hitler over 10million. Not to add Pol Pot. These are human beings, not money or trees or animals historically dead in their millions. And you play it down as a story! This again shows the inner principle of atheism and its disregard for human life. This ungodly fellow is more interested in yapping about Kids saying the darnest things to the seriousness of crime. Yet this shameless ones would almost develop heart attack or stroke when they read that Jesus caused one fig tree to wither. Such a set of confused, confounded, bounded fellows. Satabic manipulation in your lives is so clear you should have a peek. Talking yada yada about statistical evidence like what your fathers did was a fable.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Image123(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
MrMontella:
I quoted this study before in a post of mine

They are not necessarily true christians. Humans tend to draw closer to God or some god when in problem. Some look for some kind of forgiveness, penance, hope etc It's same thing in accidents and in areas of deep poverty.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by Richirich713: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
randomperson:

*facepalm*
The study proves the claim.
If I want to prove that Germans are taller than Nigerians, do I have to study all Germans and all Nigerians?? U guys will just be murdering reason... If u had simply viewed the post and kept quiet, u wouldn't have made this pitiful comment...
The point of a study or survey is to PROVE a claim through the scientific steps of research...

Lmao, if u wanted to know if Germans are taller than nigerians all u got to do is measure the heights a large number of Nigerians with a large number of Germans. That's it! But suppose u only compared 600 nigerians to 600 Germans, and u took the results as a fact. Can u really called that a fact? Can u really cite that single study as proof?

Ur study isn't doing something so simple as comparing heights and it's not considering a large number of kids, it's only taking in account 1200 kids out of millionzzz. That's is not facts or proof, that's a huge generalization on a small amount of data.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
Image123:

What useless point are you making? Mao Zedong killed over 40million human beings, Stalin was responsible for over 50million, Mussolini also killed his millions, and Hitler over 10million. Not to add Pol Pot. These are human beings, not money or trees or animals historically dead in their millions. And you play it down as a story! This again shows the inner principle of atheism and its disregard for human life. This ungodly fellow is more interested in yapping about Kids saying the darnest things to the seriousness of crime. Yet this shameless ones would almost develop heart attack or stroke when they read that Jesus caused one fig tree to wither. Such a set of confused, confounded, bounded fellows. Satabic manipulation in your lives is so clear you should have a peek. Talking yada yada about statistical evidence like what your fathers did was a fable.
All these tantrums and emotions u are ventilating is just masking a lack of an intellectual objection to the claim of the study.
Hitler was catholic, the slave masters were Christians, the crusaders were Christians and so on. Christians have been responsible for more deaths than atheists. Also, there have been more bad Christians than bad atheists. The number of catholic priests who molested altar boys alone completely outnumber any number of bad atheists u can compute.
It's the Christians on these forum that claim god killing children is good. And that God burning billions of people for eternity is also good.
However, all these still don't deal with the Op. The Study claims and proves that religious children are meaner. It's a scientific approach. If u want to criticize the study on the basis of methodology or parameters then be my guest. But your anger and emotions have no intellectual value here.
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
Richirich713:

Lmao, if u wanted to know if Germans are taller than nigerians all u got to do is measure the heights a large number of Nigerians with a large number of Germans. That's it! But suppose u only compared 600 nigerians to 600 Germans, and u took the results as a fact. Can u really called that a fact? Can u really cite that single study as proof?

Ur study isn't doing something so simple as comparing heights and it's not considering a large number of kids, it's only taking in account 1200 kids out of millionzzz. That's is not facts or proof, that's a huge generalization on a small amount of data.
This is so simple... What's the number of people needed in a study to make it valid. U have still not given me an answer... Is it that hard?
Re: Religious Children Are Meaner Than Their Secular Counterparts, Study Finds by randomperson: 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Image123:

They are not necessarily true christians. Humans tend to draw closer to God or some god when in problem. Some look for some kind of forgiveness, penance, hope etc It's same thing in accidents and in areas of deep poverty.
They are not necessarily true Christians? Can't u make valid arguments without resorting to no true Scotsman fallacy??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic / Is It Possible To Commit Sodomy In Marriage? / Am I A Hypocrite For Getting The Lords Prayer Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.