Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" (47119 Views)

Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Taywon: 6:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
U step down because you lost... not the other way round
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Taywon: 6:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
U step down because you lose . not the other way round
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Kiakia(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
Ousted President of Gambia, Yahya Jammeh has spoken for the first time since he was forced to vacate office.

In a speech broadcast on state TV, Jammeh said, “My decision to step down wasn’t dictated by anything but in the interest of the people of Gambia. All this while, as a Muslim and a patriot, I believe it is not necessary that a single drop of blood be shed.

“I have decided today in good conscience to relinquish the mantle of leadership of this great nation with infinite gratitude to all Gambians. I promise before Allah and the entire nation that all the issues we currently face will be resolved peacefully.

“My decision today was not dictated by anything else but the supreme interest of you, the Gambian people and our dear country. I’m proud and honoured to have served our country, the Gambia.”

Ending his speech, he thanked his mother, wife and children for all their prayers and support throughout the 22 years he ruled the country.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/i-stepped-down-because-i-love-gambia.html

He eventually stepped down. It doesn't matter why he did so. But step down, he must and did. He has no option.
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Kingbusssy(m): 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
correct

Help us advise Buhari to do thesame after 2019 elections because Nigerians will rather vote a stone than Buhari
Really, You mean you'll vote a stone Not Nigerians
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Corrinthians(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Feeling like crying embarassed embarassed

So touchingembarassed

Tah!!! Mechie ozu onugi dia!!!

22 yrs was love ba

Can u c me
cheesy
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by alozie1985: 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
Bros, you deserve to be flogged walahi. Hear the trash you are saying. If not for the presence of those joint forces, would you have resigned? U no well walahi...
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by TeleboiZ005(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
Corrinthians:
cheesy
grin grin

Oga corrinthians....av bin seeing ur post recently...

U be A.P.C man Ba

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by IamThrive(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
This boy wants to form Uncle Jonathan cheesy
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nope! You stepped down because you're defeated in the December 1st general election.
Stop trying so hard to twist the fact.
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
jammeh ti gbera......

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by manikspears: 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
ArabMopol:
yahya is consoling himself.... hope dullard buhari will concede defeat on 2019 election , bcux Trump can't wait that long to put shackles on him and drag him around duara like a common criminal
You guys keep shouting 2019, can you name one candidate you see fit come 2019?
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by manikspears: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
Tell jammeh that.. ........

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Rashdimuh(m): 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Africans are hypocrites am waiting for the day mugabe will be ousted.
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by ArabMopol(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
manikspears:

You guys keep shouting 2019, can you name one candidate you see fit come 2019?
you
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by manikspears: 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
ArabMopol:
you
cheesy ,I no dey do o
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Aburi001: 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
TeleboiZ005:

So touchingembarassed

22 yrs was love ba

Can u c me
Yahya Jammeh is a BIG FOOL
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Aburi001: 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
TeleboiZ005:

So touchingembarassed

22 yrs was love ba

Can u c me
Yahya Jammeh is a BIG FOOL...

I can see another ICC (International Criminal Court) case loading soonest
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by ArabMopol(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
manikspears:

cheesy ,I no dey do o
hahahahaha don't worry I will vote and canvass 1m vote for u, atleast u might be beta than that 90years old farmer
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by manikspears: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
ArabMopol:
hahahahaha don't worry I will vote and canvass 1m vote for u, atleast u might be beta than that 90years old farmer
Yes, I may be better but you know say our leaders of yesterday still dey rule today wey suppose be our own tomorrow. embarassed
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by ArabMopol(m): 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
manikspears:

Yes, I may be better but you know say our leaders of yesterday still dey rule today wey suppose be our own tomorrow. embarassed
yooth should give them a run for their money, we get the number....
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by jinxet2000: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
My guy see all the arsenal from from every region of Africa, to him if all release their missiles, i wont survive to chop the wealth I have made.
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2017
Stoop.id hopueless man, don't leave let thunder fire your small smelly di..ck
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by 1stdammy: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
alexiej:
Mtcheew.... Disgrace!

Instead of burying his head smwhere... Pls can somone help me remind Ajimobi of Oyo State too that he wouldn't be governor forever?
No mind that stupid one, constituted authority. He think say na him grand fada palour. Don't know what he is feeling like........
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by laudate: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lordsocrates:
I dnt blame him

You love Gambia n You didn't leave after they said they dnt want u again ? tot it is said that if you love something you have to let it go..

You love Gambia and After the begged you firs tym, Second tym, 3rd tym you didn't agree... you planned on stayin to force Gambia to love you.

but when You Saw the Nigerian NNS Unity on your waters, The Senagalese troops in your bay, the Nigerian Air force touching down, The UN declaring you persona non grata, and the Gambian Army abandoning You... You now remembered that there is a word called love ? Infact you are very very .........

LWKMD!! cheesy ROFLMAO!! grin Once he perceived the combined military ECOWAS forces, the picture of love descended on his soul...! The sight of those troops helped him to make up his mind, gave strength to his feet and propelled him to take a hike out of Banjul! cool

2 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by manikspears: 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2017
ArabMopol:
yooth should give them a run for their money, we get the number....
Bro I've taught of it many times but the issue with Nigerians is that they want a better life by mouth but enjoy slavery by heart. It is still the same youths they will use to perpetrate evil and win elections. If I can brainwash the masses, I will make sure nobody attends any manifesto.
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Corrinthians(m): 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
TeleboiZ005:

grin grin

Oga corrinthians....av bin seeing ur post recently...

U be A.P.C man Ba
Im alot of thingsľ, but most importantly, a die hard fan of Nigeria. grin
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by brojoshua: 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
Let that criminal go and tell that story of his to the foolish pigs in his village for even the pigs in our street are wiser and will not take such a foolish story from any one
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by TeleboiZ005(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Corrinthians:
Im alot of thing, but moat importantly, a die hard fan of Nigeria. grin
I see u bro wink
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by ArabMopol(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
manikspears:

Bro I've taught of it many times but the issue with Nigerians is that they want a better life by mouth but enjoy slavery by heart. It is still the same youths they will use to perpetrate evil and win elections. If I can brainwash the masses, I will make sure nobody attends any manifesto.
we are still way behind from 21st century.... the day we cease to vote on ethnic and religious lines will be the day Nigeria will get it self... buhari at his old age is not in position to lead a country with over 20m graduate.... this not the change we all expected... imagine our President enjoying in far away developed con3 while we are agonising in Nigeria without light.... why not him do his vacation in duara without light and felt the agony of common Nigerians
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by Beat123(f): 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:
This man's speech reminds me of Goodluck Jonathan. undecided

They had to set up a special Peace Commission to appeal to him to concede defeat.

Soon Jammeh will also be some people's hero for preserving the democracy in his country.

He and GEJ should meet and compare notes.
u think calling ur brothers to ban people eludes the fact that most NLdrs actually told u the truth! Bros!!!!!! God is love! Sheakau prays to allah! So did jam jam! So if it hurts u that u n ur mod brothers sorry! Truth is, ur religion needs to be skinned and values or morals added! As for age! I bet ur a kid thats thats the more reason u compared jam jam tp gej! Grow up coward! To have data and be a muslim from the north doesnt change anything! Ur still a dirty pig without manners!
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by drealaz24(m): 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
correct

Help us advise Buhari to do thesame after 2019 elections because Nigerians will rather vote a stone than Buhari

for your mind
Re: Yahya Jammeh: "I Stepped Down Because I Love Gambia & I'm A Muslim" by lastpage: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
Ousted President of Gambia, Yahya Jammeh has spoken for the first time since he was forced to vacate office.

In a speech broadcast on state TV, Jammeh said, “My decision to step down wasn’t dictated by anything but in the interest of the people of Gambia. All this while, as a Muslim and a patriot, I believe it is not necessary that a single drop of blood be shed.

“I have decided today in good conscience to relinquish the mantle of leadership of this great nation with infinite gratitude to all Gambians. I promise before Allah and the entire nation that all the issues we currently face will be resolved peacefully.

“My decision today was not dictated by anything else but the supreme interest of you, the Gambian people and our dear country. I’m proud and honoured to have served our country, the Gambia.”

Ending his speech, he thanked his mother, wife and children for all their prayers and support throughout the 22 years he ruled the country.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/i-stepped-down-because-i-love-gambia.html

Eeehn!

So you just "suddenly" became or remembered you are MUSLIM when ECOMOG Forces entered Gambia or is it not the same Gambian people that voted you out?

This speech is what you should have given before military forces were mobilised against you .... not when you knew the Gambian Army has deserted you and your azz will end-up in a very dirty jail in one African country.

Dont start pretending and forming statesman, like our own Gootluck, we know when a man is afraid for his life, when we see one.
Now Gerrouta the place and stop constituting a nuisance anymore.

Bomblacat!

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fact-checking Trump’s Address On The Iran Missile Attacks / Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / It's Hitting Hard: Senior Niger Politicians Beg Tinubu To Lift Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.