Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only (51817 Views)

Madonna University Bans Tablets / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) / I Need Help With My Direct Entry At Umar Musa Yaradua University, Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by melejo(m): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
baba, I'm not trying to justifu their action o. But i think they have the jurisdiction to inculcate Sharia law into the governance of the school if they deem it fit. I think Kwara State University allow their Indigenes to pay lesser school fees compared to non-indigenes, this in my opinion falls under the same category with banning of any Christian Activities around the school. My submission
Must you comment on every topic? Why don't you read and pass if you don't know what to say on this particular topic or maybe go to romance section? At your age you don't know there are indigenous Christian communit in every state in the northern Nigeria Katsina inclusive? What happened to the indigenous Christians from the state

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
....they have indigenous christains in all core northern states...I live in the core north and sharia law is hardly practised and very optional and is not inforced on non-muslim......katsina do have a large christain population that are indigenous, so i see no reason how u can inforce that on the christain population....To do that they should just name the school an islamic institution so that all doubts will be cleared

They cannot name it an islamic institution when it is funded and run by state resources. Unless ownership is transferred completely from the state to a private person who can then enforce whatever he likes by way of religion.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by macgodon: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2017
DonCortino:

Who owns the university? Government or mosque??
fools this is a federal university we are talking about build a Muslim university and put those rules, all Christians are to fast tomorrow the aim is to call on God to fight any one that has hand in the islamization of Nigeria.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by goingape1: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:
Does covenant,redeemers university etc allow muslim gathering

U just want to make trouble where nd when there is none.

I passs
you are a disease!

you and your Muhammad pedophile should go to hell!

ode

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Shafiiimran99: 10:10am On Jan 22, 2017
ikemesit4477:
I rather die than to be a Muslim, after they will claim they are religion of peace!
Before nko u no go die...but it is better u die not if u re not a Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

And where do the states draw their funds from? That monthly allocation to states is from where? Are there no Christians in that state? Has the constitution designated any state in Nigeria as bound by any one religion?

You don't there should be any problem? How about if they also ban churches and all non muslim organisations state-wide, u feel there's no problem right? Please be objective! It will not kill u to admit the truth once in a while no matter ur political and religious leaning.
sincerely speaking I'm not okay with the step the sch took. But then when you look at it from another point of view, you'll discover there's nothing wrong in what they have done. There must have been issues sorrounding the announcement. Mind you, the school didn't ban Christians from practising their religion, they're only banned from forming any associations.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
you're equally wrong my brother. The Uni is State owned sir.

You are just screaming up and down about the UNI being owned by the state.

First, the UNI is funded and operated by the state government (money from tax payers) which makes it a public University. They cannot just wake up one day and formulate biased laws which favors a certain religion as the school belongs to a state governed by a secular country.

Secondly, Nigeria is a secular state. So where are you getting all this sharia trash from?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Imyourex(m): 10:11am On Jan 22, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
I believe him more than u do only if u ndastand what I meant
Cheers!!!
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by JayB11(m): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Stupid barbaric idiot, is any of the Universities you listed a govt owned? They are owned by the church just like you malos have your Islamic schools that will never permit any form of Christianity activity. If you lack rationality, you better shut up and learn from intellects.

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
baba, I'm not trying to justifu their action o. But i think they have the jurisdiction to inculcate Sharia law into the governance of the school if they deem it fit. I think Kwara State University allow their Indigenes to pay lesser school fees compared to non-indigenes, this in my opinion falls under the same category with banning of any Christian Activities around the school. My submission

They can inculcate sharia if they so wish but not to the exclusion of other faiths. That is tantamount to declaring a state religion which is expressly forbidden by d constitution. Is Katsina now immune to constitutional provisions? What then happens to the indigenous Christians who should also attend that uni?

3 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by pchukwudi: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2017
Was any.of those schools you mentioned built by the FEDERAL os State Government? You are probably 12 years old ot just plain dumb.

Khd95:

I passs

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2017
mvem:
....they have indigenous christains in all core northern states...I live in the core north and sharia law is hardly practised and very optional and is not inforced on non-muslim......katsina do have a large christain population that are indigenous, so i see no reason how u can inforce that on the christain population....To do that they should just name the school an islamic institution so that all doubts will be cleared
brother that is not true, katsina does not have a large christian population, I'm currently serving in the state, Daura LG precisely, they have only 3 or 4 churches here and mostly attended by corp members. If you had talked about Kaduna, Adamawa, Taraba i would have agreed but Katsina, no no no, they're mainly Hausas and Fulanis.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by freeze001(f): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:
sincerely speaking I'm not okay with the step the sch took. But then when you look at it from another point of view, you'll discover there's nothing wrong in what they have done. There must have been issues sorrounding the announcement. Mind you, the school didn't ban Christians from practising their religion, they're only banned from forming any associations.

Is Christianity practised in isolation? On what basis will Christian associations be banned? Where is d fellowship of brethren if they cannot gather in peace? It's obvious u only support or even excuse ds madness because u are most likely one of them.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Kgdavid(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2017
This case needs to be taken to court immediately. I hope those affected won't quietly let it go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by addizzle(f): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2017
godoluwa:

yes nah
who send u??abeg tell d person say I dy Invisible
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by DonCortino: 10:17am On Jan 22, 2017
jhidey08:

Restricting others freedom of worship is a No No. Nigeria still is not an islamic state. If they get away with this the will start enacting it in d whole state. Banning Christian activities.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by SIRmanjar(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

I Understand what you are saying, But remember you have a choice? If they try to impose their way of Life on US in our PLACE. Then we have a problem. I can't Come to your House and wear my Shoes into your Sitting Room, when your Rule is no shoes in the sitting Room.
U dis cow you nogo go chop grass?u just dey feel like person wey dey make correkt statement here..Abi dem give u sumtin sniff dis morning?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Encyclopedia1: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2017
I just couldn't stop laughing at some very stupid comments. So what do u think the looks of Bowen, Covenant, Madonna, Redeemers are doing? Do u think they allow MSSN in theirs schools? Pls go and get ur facts straight.

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by souhid: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2017
I served in the south east(ebonyi), no northerners dear attempt to seek for an admission, he WONT be offered, come down to the north ( in state owned University ) and see how southerners are offered admission. In ebonyi state then even Muslims indigenes are not offered admission if they are Fortunate to include Muslim name in their names. Hypocrisy is in some people's gene!

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by austinbrown: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
is covenant,redeemers university a federal university,stupid idiot

2 Likes

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Meritocracy: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Built2last:

Don't be a low life ..It's a new year. You listed private universities. ..They built it. They make the rules. The subject of discussion here is a federal university built with our tax.
Those who build mosque know what they are doing. Muslim pray five times a day with time while christian programed their services, muslim pray together in congregation the same way worldwide while christian worship as directed by overseer. How many churches they want build for christians since cele and cherubum can't worship with redeem and winner and who want pay pastors cos Alfa is one of employee nominated to lead without allowance. Do your findings before causing confusion
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by fergie001: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
These universities u mentioned are they missionary universities or Government Universities.Is this UMU,Katsina a private or Muslim university.
Tell yourself d truth nah
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by yankeypha: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2017
Asiwaju9ja:

You see as he succeeded in misleading u?
Misleading me as how? Person that sacrifice his self for me, suffering in jailed, for me to have freedom, Israel suffers in the hand of egypt for many years but when God remembered them, Egypt try all there means to stop them but they did not succeeded, when God remembers us no body will stop us, all the lie and accusation you afojas and Musa lying ageist us, God will fight for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:20am On Jan 22, 2017
melejo:
Must you comment on every topic? Why don't you read and pass if you don't know what to say on this particular topic or maybe go to romance section? At your age you don't know there are indigenous Christian communit in every state in the northern Nigeria Katsina inclusive? What happened to the indigenous Christians from the state
Uncle know all, I'm presently in Katsina State and this place is predominantly inhabited by Muslims, unlike states like Kaduna, Adamawa and Taraba. They're mostly hausas and fulanis.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by saintneo(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
Those are private universities.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2017
yankeypha:
Misleading me as how? Person that sacrifice his self for me, suffering in jailed, for me to have freedom, Israel suffers in the hand of egypt for many years but when God remembered them, Egypt try all there means to stop them but they did not succeeded, when God remembers us no body will stop us, all the lie and accusation you afojas and Musa lying ageist us, God will fight for us.

Na wa o! See as you got my message all wrong, becos of your state of mind? Not everything is about Nnamdi Kalu....and not everyone be Afonjac(whatever that means) and FYI i no be MUSA. Your senses has been blinded. Relax and maybe you can see and reason clearly.
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2017
Omagzee:

You are just screaming up and down about the UNI being owned by the state.

First, the UNI is funded and operated by the state government (money from tax payers) which makes it a public University. They cannot just wake up one day and formulate biased laws which favors a certain religion as the school belongs to a state governed by a secular country.

Secondly, Nigeria is a secular state. So where are you getting all this sharia trash from?
do u realize there are other Muslim groups apart from MSSN? What are they supposed to do then?

1 Like

Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by fergie001: 10:22am On Jan 22, 2017
Meritocracy:
Those who build mosque know what they are doing. Muslim pray five times a day with time while christian programed their services, muslim pray together in congregation the same way worldwide while christian worship as directed by overseer. How many churches they want build for christians since cele and cherubum can't worship with redeem and winner and who want pay pastors cos Alfa is one of employee nominated to lead without
allowance. Do your findings before causing confusion
That is also not true.In Most Public Universities, only the Chapel is allowed inside the school,and perhaps d Roman Catholic Church.In virtually all Federal/State Universities, even in most Military and Police Barracks,that is d norm..
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by donatusdesmond: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2017
Khd95:

I passs
I suppose u have a brain,are the ones u mentioned owned by government?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by ikemesit4477: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2017
Shafiiimran99:

Before nko u no go die...but it is better u die not if u re not a Muslim
book haram how market?
Re: Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only by jhidey08(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2017
freeze001:

They can inculcate sharia if they so wish but not to the exclusion of other faiths. That is tantamount to declaring a state religion which is expressly forbidden by d constitution. Is Katsina now immune to constitutional provisions? What then happens to the indigenous Christians who should also attend that uni?
do u realise there are other Muslim groups apart from MSSN in Nigeria? What should they do den? Be objectivd freeze

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.