Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694009 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
Pls I need assistance to clarify an issue, my question goes thus: is it possible to walk in to another university in US and manually enroll as a student within 3months of entry as a student?

Eg: I got admitted for Master's at school A, can I walk into school B and enroll/register manually as a student with within few months of arrival in US?

Also, if it is possible for me to secure another admission within the US, would I still be legible for graduate funding, tuition waivers, RA, GA etc

Pls I would appreciate response from gurus
Lagosismyhome, imperrioux, slimmy2005, teewag, goyedgaD etc

Pls guys help a colleague
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Levels731:

Pls I need assistance to clarify an issue, my question goes thus: is it possible to walking in to another university in US and manually enroll as a student within 3months of entry as a student?

Eg: I got admitted for Master's at school A, can I walk into school B and enroll/register manually as a student with within few months of arrival in US?

Also, if it is possible for me to secure another admission within the US, would I still be legible for graduate funding, tuition waivers, RA, GA etc

Yes, you can be admitted to another US school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Levels731:

Pls I need your assistance to clarify an issue, my question goes thus: is it possible to walking in to another university in US and manually enroll as a student within 3months of entry as a student?

Are you a student ?? How can you pay SEVIS for school A, present an I-20 of school A to the embassy and got a visa to study in school A; only for you to go enrol in school B?

Your question clearly shows you don't even know what you are saying lol. Don't shoot yourself on the foot oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by taiwo3489(m): 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
Anybody in Texas University of Technology
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Are you a student ?? How can you pay SEVIS for school A, present an I-20 of school A to the embassy and got a visa to study in school A; only for you to go enrol in school B?

Your question clearly shows you don't even know what you are saying lol. Don't shoot yourself on the foot oo

The bold above is very possible and allowed as long as you follow due process of transferring the SEVIS .....

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
Levels731:

Pls I need assistance to clarify an issue, my question goes thus: is it possible to walk in to another university in US and manually enroll as a student within 3months of entry as a student?

I do not fully understand the question but yes you can change school but ensure you never fall out of status

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ugoh11: 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
neurosci:

I have a question concerning this. What about the issue of bank statement? Does it mean your school will no longer request for a bank statement if you are applying for a loan?
Once you apply, after they are sure you qualify for the loan, they will give you a conditional offer that you can present to your school as proof of finance... remember though that I said conditional... the final approval is dependent on u submitting all the docs req..
haven said this please just go to their website ko

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 9:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
[thank you very much for the clarification ,I know that a lot of people would not understand my question, but you sure did understand where I was heading. Thanks for the response @Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ugoh11: 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
imperiouxx:

I got my loan approved in less than two weeks.. the problem is we are still thinking like Nigerians.. your collateral to them is the school you are attending.. for example 85-90% of Ross business school MBA students get jobs between a range of 60-150k dollars depending on ur core.. so why wud you not pay back the loan.. the singular fact that you are an alumni of a top B skol will make u pay.. plus the loan payment period is abt 15-20 years.

I got 95% scholarship so I applied for 60k to cover living expenses .. travel for other programs and the remaining bit of my studies.. I am expected to pay it back in 18 years..

The key is applying to a top skol and or a skol that they partner with..

I researched them, went to their site and applied.. it was dat easy..
Phew!!! Dats I just enjoy viewing!!!

This is fantastic. I just see that there is no co-signer or collateral required but how would they trace their money? Even in U.S, they have to have something traceable about you for you to get approved for loans e.g address (from current 3 utility bills), ssn, credit score etc. If you don't mind answering this questions, as a beneficiary of this loan, can you tell us if you submitted anything extra (apart from what's on their website) during your application? Can anyone at random from Nigeria with no traceable address apply and get approved just like that? Were they able to cover all your tuition per year? How long it takes to get approved?

So many questions but we have to enlighten those genuine student members on this thread that need source of funding for their education.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
Levels731:

Lagosismyhome, imperrioux, slimmy2005, teewag, glued had etc

what you're simply trying to say is you wanna transfer school as soon as you arrive it's possible but within few months?? or a semester you cant transfer in between semesters to the best of my knowledge... transfer is possible within the weeks of resumption how do you want to manually enrol unless you wait for the next semester and start your application during your period in School A and transcripts and all that has to be sent .if you wanna transfer the best way is to apply to the plan B school now so you'll know if you'll get the waivers if its not too late and all that so when you arrive you can arrange for a transfer. thou I saw here that some schools don't allow transfer until after at least a semester...so check more on your school..I hope you've gotten your visa if not why go all the stress when you can apply with your school b and get the visa right away ..
hope this is helpful

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ugoh11: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
imperiouxx:

Having applied and approved loans (Car loan, credit card, federal subsidized/unsubsidized/PLUS loan) before, I know loans are not like getting donation from a family friend. You have to pass through many verification and have a kind of guarantor (for a credit unworthy borrower) who can be hold liable if you default. That's the reason for my reply to aminlove.

I know a financial institution wants you to think application is hassle free but by the time you finish the preliminary application, further requirement may eventually be a stumbling block, then you start rethinking what's hassle free here. For every loan, a traceable identity and guarantor would be needed at some point.

Hope Ugoh11 will come to answer my questions to enlighten those that are thinking about the offer more.

So this is going to be my last post on this.. and that's because I need to give back.. to this thread..
First of all I need to make you understand that I am no novice.. I work for a top four audit firm and I own my own start up.. so I know the A-Z about loans..

Haven said that.. prodigy finance does not work like finance institution.. per say .. their modus operandi is focused on providing funding for intl students..

Alums of different skols requiring safe returns form most of their investors..

They have controls in place to ensure that you use the money strictly for skol not biz and all.. so disbursements will be made thru your skol..

I know atleast 3 guys who went to Wharton that work with the Nigerian office of top 4 consulting firm all financed by prodigy..

I won't put up my letter and or terms here cos I really have nufin to prove..

But anyway if someone offers you 100k dollar loan to study at the best universities in the world with a payback period of 15-20 years.. why are you bothered as too why there is no collateral.. except u do not plan to pay back.. thus demolishing your credit record and goodwill

For your information almost all mba students are financed by loans..

Oh less I forget.. don't just spew ignorance from your mouth on something you know nufin about.. do your research.. and stop spreading hearsay.. #factsovereverything
This piece is for all those who are zealous to change their careers via an MBA or msc but cannot due to paucity of funds...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ccollins(m): 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
BenNash:
Hi,if after getting my visa for fall semester I decide to defer my admission till January due to some circumstances beyond my control,will I need to go for another visa interview. Gurus in the house ur expedited response is needed.Thanks.
you can email me on collins4reall@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mystiqme: 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ugoh11:

So this is going to be my last post on this.. and that's because I need to give back.. to this thread..
First of all I need to make you understand that I am no novice.. I work for a top four audit firm and I own my own start up.. so I know the A-Z about loans..

This piece is for all those who are zealous to change their careers via an MBA or msc but cannot due to paucity of funds...
This is great information but I think you might have misunderstood imperiouxx's post. He was only asking for more information regarding the process not criticizing or doubting that you got a loan.

Anyway goodluck!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by hurricanesgrace: 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
Plz Gurus in the hous,
Am applying to Texas southern university, and I got to know dat tuition is paid by no of hours.
My question now is, is the hours based on the total numbas or courses or an hour for a particular course. Plz I need ur assistance on the one. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ugoh11:

[s]So this is going to be my last post on this.. and that's because I need to give back.. to this thread..
First of all I need to make you understand that I am no novice.. I work for a top four audit firm and I own my own start up.. so I know the A-Z about loans..[/s]

[s]Haven said that.. prodigy finance does not work like finance institution.. per say .. their modus operandi is focused on providing funding for intl students..

They have controls in place to ensure that you use the money strictly for skol not biz and all.. so disbursements will be made thru your skol..

I know atleast 3 guys who went to Wharton that work with the Nigerian office of top 4 consulting firm all financed by prodigy..

But anyway if someone offers you 100k dollar loan to study at the best universities in the world with a payback period of 15-20 years.. why are you bothered as too why there is no collateral.. except u do not plan to pay back.. thus demolishing your credit record and goodwill

Oh less I forget.. don't just spew ignorance from your mouth on something you know nufin about.. do your research.. and stop spreading hearsay.. #factsovereverything
This piece is for all those who are zealous to change their careers via an MBA or msc but cannot due to paucity of funds...[/s]

Damn! Why are you like this this guy? I can't believe you can't even handle a normal conversation like a man without bringing in this typical Nigerian behavior. Seems your body is itching you, right? I don't see where I discredited what you said about the loan. I was only asking for more info on behalf of those genuine students here who wish to follow your steps. However, I'll say it again, for every loan, you need to be verifiable before you're approved.... That's what submission of document as you've said does.

And do you think I'm interested in any loan? angry

FYI, for my first MS in Biochem, I didn't even pay anything to the school for the 2 years. My studies was funded by the grad school in NM + bi-weekly stipend. For my 2nd MS in PA which starts soon, I've been given $28,000 (56% grant - free money and 44% federal govt loan) through FAFSA to cover my $24,000/yr tuition. So, why should I debate with you about loans and funding?

When it comes to loans in U.S or funding education in U.S... guy, you may be working with #1 auditing firm in Nigeria, that's between you and those in Nigeria..... You're still tailing ....... so you need to keep your mouth shut! angry

This is why many old members don't return here. I can't believe I'll come back from work to answer to trash like this. angry

See my funding below, just 44% is loan, yours can't beat this.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samshoz(m): 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
shabol54:
Hello house
Please who is going to ETSU this fall? I was admitted for MS Engineering Technology, awaiting my I-20 and yet to get a GA. I applied for some GA's already sha, expecting positive reply by God's grace.
Anyone?

PLEASE HOW DID YOU APPLY FOR GA POSITION. I WANT TO START APPLYING MY ADMISSION JUST CAME THROUGH
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samshoz(m): 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
Teedawg:
. guy beta run before Twoods comes for your soul
LOOOL THIS IS SOO FUNNY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mystiqme:

This is great information but I think you might have misunderstood imperiouxx's post. He was only asking for more information regarding the process not criticizing or doubting that you got a loan.

Anyway goodluck!

I'm really pissed at that guy. When you just want to have fun and to engage in discussion with prospective students here all they give you is shiit. I just hate coming back here sometimes. angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 11:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
imperiouxx:

Damn! Why are you like this this guy? I can't believe you can't even handle a normal conversation like a man without bringing this typical Nigerian behavior. Seems your body is itching you, right? I don't see where I discredited what you said about the loan here. I was only asking for the sake of genuine students here who wish to follow your steps. I'm saying this again, for every loan, you need to be verifiable before you're approved.... That's what submission of document as you've said does.

FYI, for my first MS in Biochem, I didn't even pay anything to the school for the 2 years. My studies was funded by the grad school in NM + bi-weekly stipend. For my 2nd MS in PA which starts soon, I've been given $28,000 (55% grant - free money and 44% federal govt loan) through FAFSA to cover my $24,000/yr tuition. So, why should I debate with you about loans and funding?

When it comes to loans in U.S or funding education in U.S... guy, you may be working with #1 auditing firm in Nigeria, that's between you and those in Nigeria..... You're still tailing ....... so you need to keep your mouth shut! angry

This is why many old members don't return here. I can't believe I'll come back from work to answer to trash like this. angry

Bro, please kindly ignore that guy and don't join issues. You don't need to put up any prove on here. I guess he got your whole message wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ugoh11:

Haven said that.. prodigy finance does not work like finance institution.. per say .. their modus operandi is focused on providing funding for intl students..

In as much as you have done good by sharing great information, you just messed up everything with the bolded part. shocked angry

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 11:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ugoh11:

[s]So this is going to be my last post on this.. and that's because I need to give back.. to this thread..[/s]

[s]Oh less I forget.. don't just spew ignorance from your mouth on something you know nufin about.. do your research.. and stop spreading hearsay.. #factsovereverything[/s]

Guy, you no try at all. You don't just talk to people you don't know anyhow even though it's a faceless forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 21, 2017
Ugoh11:

Top four bla bla? Start up crap? Who you epp?
You know person wey you just talk trash to sha?
Your head is paining you.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samshoz(m): 12:14am On Apr 21, 2017
please guys who has an idea about the university of new haven. i have been given admission to study biomedical engineering. any pros and cons i should know about.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 12:16am On Apr 21, 2017
This is uncalled for. Who cares if you work with top 1. He did not say anything wrong to warrant such talk. He was just wanting you to give extra details. All these Nigerian mentality of I work here and there who you be is very bad. Anyway whn u enter US u Wld drop it by force becos nobody go send you.
Ugoh11:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 12:18am On Apr 21, 2017
Ugoh11:

First, not almost all MBA students are financed by loans like you claim. A lot of MBA students who are already working here get sponsored by their companies. For companies that do 100% which is common, they don't pay the companies 1 cent back.
Second, what you said was completely unnecessary for someone who initiated a good and informative conversation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ugoh11: 1:37am On Apr 21, 2017
imperiouxx:

Apologies inperiouxx ds wasn't meant for you.. it was meant to address omoluabiguy's post.

Remember I am mostly a viewer on this forum..I typed in the wrong section I guess and saw it too late.

Am sure deep down u know I wasn't calling you ignorant..

And No u didn't have to bring out your credentials.. I know them already.. lol.. being following .. just in case you wanted to ask.. how?

Alright .. Hope that settles it..

Damn! Why are you like this this guy? I can't believe you can't even handle a normal conversation like a man without bringing in this typical Nigerian behavior. Seems your body is itching you, right? I don't see where I discredited what you said about the loan. I was only asking for more info on behalf of those genuine students here who wish to follow your steps. However, I'll say it again, for every loan, you need to be verifiable before you're approved.... That's what submission of document as you've said does.

FYI, for my first MS in Biochem, I didn't even pay anything to the school for the 2 years. My studies was funded by the grad school in NM + bi-weekly stipend. For my 2nd MS in PA which starts soon, I've been given $28,000 (56% grant - free money and 44% federal govt loan) through FAFSA to cover my $24,000/yr tuition. So, why should I debate with you about loans and funding?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:06am On Apr 21, 2017
Ugoh11:
Apologies inperiouxx ds wasn't meant for you.. it was meant to address omoluabiguy's post.

Remember I am mostly a viewer on this forum..I typed in the wrong section I guess and saw it too late.

Am sure deep down u know I wasn't calling you ignorant..

And No u didn't have to bring out your credentials.. I know them already.. lol.. being following .. just in case you wanted to ask.. how?

Alright .. Hope that settles it..

It's alright. I'm sorry for the way I reacted. Quoting me directly makes it look as if you were replying my comment.... others thought the same too.

About the funding, I've learned from you. And I'm happy that such loan is available to help genuine students achieve their dreams.

Have a great night.

Cheers!

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 4:09am On Apr 21, 2017
Exam season is on the horizon! Countless papers to turn in! Peeps are gonna be scarce in a short while, and then back with reckless abandon afterwards. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 21, 2017
hurricanesgrace:
Plz Gurus in the hous,
Am applying to Texas southern university, and I got to know dat tuition is paid by no of hours.
My question now is, is the hours based on the total numbas or courses or an hour for a particular course. Plz I need ur assistance on the one. Thanks
Even though your question is not that clear but let me explain to you in a lame man language. Most graduate courses are 3 credit hours/ course, and for you to be in full standing you must take 9 credit hours per semester which is 3 courses and if you have a GA, you can seek permission to take 6 credit hours (2 courses) in a semester. So, most schools charge per credit hour. If for instance, your school charge for 1 credit hour is $1000/credit hour, that means your tuition for one semester is $9000 in a semester if you are taking 3 courses (9 credit hours) and $6000 in a semester if you are taking 2 courses(6 credits). Hope this helps. cheers

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 21, 2017
fysapop:
Good morning everyone. Is there any problem with booking Air Maroc to the US?. I read somewhere that it is not advisable to do that.
Air moroc is cool but not the best like emirate etc. I flew air moroco then. The Plane from Nigeria to Morocco is kind of small compared to the big air bus they will transfer you to in the flight from Morocco to New york. The plane from Nigeria to morocco has no entertainment system but the air bus from morocco to New york has except if things have changed now. The main point is for you to land in New york. In general the downside is just the stop over in morocco which is about 4hours or 17hours depending on the flight time you book. If I must add , for someone like me who is picky with food, The food is horrible if you ask me, more like sacrifice (ebo), so better buy gala or something to eat before you leave lagos. Thats the only part I regretted, hunger finished my life.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:30am On Apr 21, 2017
Prollins:
Please any student of the a&t university, North Carolina here? Need from information about the university, Minimum GPA and all. Thanks
Lmao..Please questions like this make it seem you are lazy to chase your dream , you don't need anybody for admission requirements. Your school website is all you need. Start sending emails to grad cord of your prospective program, that's the least you can do for yourself. Peeps here are students and not admission committee members.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 6:13am On Apr 21, 2017
samshoz:

PLEASE HOW DID YOU APPLY FOR GA POSITION. I WANT TO START APPLYING MY ADMISSION JUST CAME THROUGH

What department? Visit https://www.etsu.edu/gradstud/gscholarships/gats_positions.php to apply for available GA's and contact your graduate coordinator or profs in your department for GA positions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.