Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694022 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sumonu2000: 8:15am On Apr 21, 2017
samshoz:
please guys who has an idea about the university of new haven. i have been given admission to study biomedical engineering. any pros and cons i should know about.
am also admitted to the school. you can pm me so that we can link up. This is my watsup number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dimejinick: 10:19am On Apr 21, 2017
Why not study in America with a scholarship. they available in British Canadian international education may be someone can browse them online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2017
Sorry boss, you don't have to abandoned prospective student just because of one funny guy bragging about his loan.. We all can see the trash. Please don't run away.

imperiouxx:

I'm really pissed at that guy. When you just want to have fun and to engage in discussion with prospective students here all they give you is shiit. I just hate coming back here sometimes. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2017
imperiouxx:

It's alright. I'm sorry for the way I reacted. Quoting me directly makes it look as if you were replying my comment.... others thought the same too.

About the funding, I've learned from you. And I'm happy that such loan is available to help genuine students achieve their dreams.

Have a great night.

Cheers!

I doff my cap at the way you brings about peace, especially by reconciling adversaries.....

Man of no small intention grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2017
I can smell your arrogant nature. Just keep calm ok

Ugoh11:

So this is going to be my last post on this.. and that's because I need to give back.. to this thread..
First of all I need to make you understand that I am no novice.. I work for a top four audit firm and I own my own start up.. so I know the A-Z about loans..

Haven said that.. prodigy finance does not work like finance institution.. per say .. their modus operandi is focused on providing funding for intl students..

Alums of different skols requiring safe returns form most of their investors..

They have controls in place to ensure that you use the money strictly for skol not biz and all.. so disbursements will be made thru your skol..

I know atleast 3 guys who went to Wharton that work with the Nigerian office of top 4 consulting firm all financed by prodigy..

I won't put up my letter and or terms here cos I really have nufin to prove..

But anyway if someone offers you 100k dollar loan to study at the best universities in the world with a payback period of 15-20 years.. why are you bothered as too why there is no collateral.. except u do not plan to pay back.. thus demolishing your credit record and goodwill

For your information almost all mba students are financed by loans..

Oh less I forget.. don't just spew ignorance from your mouth on something you know nufin about.. do your research.. and stop spreading hearsay.. #factsovereverything
This piece is for all those who are zealous to change their careers via an MBA or msc but cannot due to paucity of funds...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2017
Who hin info help. Make the guy gerrahrahhier Mehn!

omoluabiguy:

In as much as you have done good by sharing great information, you just messed up everything with the bolded part. shocked angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 21, 2017
imperiouxx:

It's alright. I'm sorry for the way I reacted. Quoting me directly makes it look as if you were replying my comment.... others thought the same too.

About the funding, I've learned from you. And I'm happy that such loan is available to help genuine students achieve their dreams.

Have a great night.

Cheers!

I sent you a pm sir. Please can I steal some time of yours? Need to enquire somethings from you sir. Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 11:03am On Apr 21, 2017
Nice one boss, I can always count on your maturity from far...

@ugoh11, we guys don't have anything against you as some of us now understood that the reply was meant for another moniker.

cheeers.

Congratulations and have a safe ride to trumpland

imperiouxx:

Have a great night.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jar: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hello friends,
I am silent follower of your thread and i really want to commend your efforts.
Sincerely,i always wanted to get a foreign education..never got the opportunity,the dream still breaths in me,thats why i decided to pursue it.
Please,i will be needing your help alot.
I graduated with a Bsc in biochemistry in 2005....got a diploma in nursing 2014.
Please,i dont know what degree to pursue...i can either go for a Masters related to my Nursing or i can get an Associate degree 1st before applying for a Bsc...but that is a long road in terms of the Bsc.
A friend in texas recommended Houston community college for an Asociate degree in nursing....i dont know if the VO will appluade the decision deny me a visa considering i have a Bsc and am older(35years old female).
Somebody also suggested Masters in public health.
Please,i am married with a Year old baby(i have to travel with him),is it advisable my husband,my son and u apply at 1ce?
I really need a sense of direction as to go about things...and i believe you guys can help me
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
guys please i need schools in U.S.A (Michigan State in particular) that does not require GRE, GMAT, and any other forms of exams for Masters Degree Program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
obiagbaoso:
guys please i need schools in U.S.A (Michigan State in particular) that does not require GRE, GMAT, and any other forms of exams for Masters Degree Program.

Please when you find such schools could you please mention me? I'm interested too grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
obiagbaoso:

Lools,
Oga/madam... Study and write the GRE/GMAT and TOEFL exams
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:
I can smell your arrogant nature. Just keep calm ok

"Having"*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmyirab(m): 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Any one applying to Brigham young university Idaho(ByuI) this fall or winter?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2017
obiagbaoso:
guys please i need schools in U.S.A (Michigan State in particula[/b]r) that does not require [b]GRE, GMAT, and any other forms of exams for Masters Degree Program.
Its obvious you don't plan to attend the school, all you want to do is elope which is fine. This thread is for people that actually want to further their studies not elope.But if my assumptions are wrong, then buckle up and prepare to write those exams. No matter what they might have told you, schooling here without any form of funding is hell except your dad is one of those politicians that have embezzled and destroyed our country Nigeria.I don't expect you to be happy with my post, infact I am not here to make anybody happy,what matters is the truth which in most cases is always bitter but the right way

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
jar:
Hello friends,
I am silent follower of your thread and i really want to commend your efforts.
Sincerely,i always wanted to get a foreign education..never got the opportunity,the dream still breaths in me,thats why i decided to pursue it.
Please,i will be needing your help alot.
I graduated with a Bsc in biochemistry in 2005....got a diploma in nursing 2014.
Please,i dont know what degree to pursue...i can either go for a Masters related to my Nursing or i can get an Associate degree 1st before applying for a Bsc...but that is a long road in terms of the Bsc.
A friend in texas recommended Houston community college for an Asociate degree in nursing....i dont know if the VO will appluade the decision deny me a visa considering i have a Bsc and am older(35years old female).
Somebody also suggested Masters in public health.
Please,i am married with a Year old baby(i have to travel with him),is it advisable my husband,my son and u apply at 1ce?
I really need a sense of direction as to go about things...and i believe you guys can help me
Thank you
Forget that option of community college, the chance of getting a visa with community college is 1 out of every 10 but then I am not God. Your best option is the masters in public health and I believe your age is not a barrier so far you apply to a university and not a community college. Your son can follow you so far you have the funds to back your visa application up. Its not advisable for your husband to follow you, that means he will be dependent on you because he cant work legally in the US and also, its red flag because it means you have no ties to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
were is warriboy self?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ChristoBam: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
femi321:
Its obvious you don't plan to attend the school, all you want to do is elope which is fine. This thread is for people that actually want to further their studies not elope.But if my assumptions are wrong, then buckle up and prepare to write those exams. No matter what they might have told you, schooling here without any form of funding is hell except your dad is one of those politicians that have embezzled and destroy our country Nigeria.I don't expect you to be happy with my post, infact I am not here to make anybody happy,what matters is the truth which in most cases is always bitter but the right way
I think those that look for universities that give admission without any standardized exam have billionaires as parents .I just pity some people sha. Tell them to write exams so they can get funded during their studies,mba ,they prefer working their ass off and living a life of uncertainty in the u.s. Later you'll them saying Nigeria is far better than the u.s.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jar: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2017
femi321:
Forget that option of community college, the chance of getting a visa with community college is 1 out of every 10 but then I am not God. Your best option is the masters in public health and I believe your age is not a barrier so far you apply to a university and not a community college. Your son can follow you so far you have the funds to back your visa application up. Its not advisable for your husband to follow you, that means he will be dependent on you because he cant work legally in the US and also, its red flag because it means you have no ties to Nigeria.
Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hi, i am new here tried to read d pages here but headache wan kill me, anyways i just want to start this U.S admission processing Nd all, which season is best to apply for, September or January (i think). Appreciate ur advices.lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kendrix69:
Hi, i am new here tried to read d pages here but headache wan kill me, anyways i just want to start this U.S admission processing Nd all, which season is best to apply for, September or January (i think). Appreciate ur advices.lol
There is no hard and fast Rule for which season is best to apply for..
But usually there are more funding options available during the fall semester which usually starts in August.
You should do well to read previous pages of this thread and also find out info on google too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BenNash: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2017
Hi,I'm about to apply for a visa but I'm in a dire situation. The problem is that I'm being sponsored by a family friend. This family friend has been sponsoring my education from my secondary school days and she is ready to sponsor my education in the u.s as she is very rich and her only son is already a successful politician. Infact I did not even know she wasn't my aunt till my senior years in school.Please what can I do cuz I can't get a bank statement with the same surname as mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
BenNash:
Hi,I'm about to apply for a visa but I'm in a dire situation. The problem is that I'm being sponsored by a family friend. This family friend has been sponsoring my education from my secondary school days and she is ready to sponsor my education in the u.s as she is very rich and her only son is already a successful politician. Infact I did not even know she wasn't my aunt till my senior years in school.Please what can I do cuz I can't get a bank statement with the same surname as mine.

If you can make the VO believe that you won't be stranded in school, you'll be fine. Get her bank statement, and try to prove you've been enjoying her support from way back. If you're confident in your answers, and appear genuine to the VO, he won't even be asking for the statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 10:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
Emmyirab:
Any one applying to Brigham young university Idaho(ByuI) this fall or winter?
i did cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 2:23am On Apr 22, 2017
Thanks fall semester it is then(cos of the funding)
Chapecoense:

There is no hard and fast Rule for which season is best to apply for..
But usually there are more funding options available during the fall semester which usually starts in August.
You should do well to read previous pages of this thread and also find out info on google too..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djmakson(m): 5:54am On Apr 22, 2017
GRE or No GRE, the standard is you must have the foundational knowledge on which you can build upon, otherwise you'll be asked to take the pre-requisite class. It's common here. Why they gave you a one year duration, only them can tell. However if question arises about your duration at the embassy, just tell them it's an accelerated MBA program. I have friends who signed up for that. It only takes a calendar year but that's three semesters (Fall-Spring-Summer) and they are done.

LagosismyHome:

Usually i would say Check your i20 and whatever it is that what you should fill in your DS 160 ........ But if your DS160 is saying one year , i am not so sure . I would have said 3 Years but the standard is that the DS160 should match the i20

however you need to check if this is really the best program for you ... you have a good GRE score , although for MBA i am more familiar with GMAT . However with a good score why would they subject you to foundation courses .... Maybe you need to look for another school .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2017
djmakson:
GRE or No GRE, the standard is you must have the foundational knowledge on which you can build upon, otherwise you'll be asked to take the pre-requisite class. It's common here. Why they gave you a one year duration, only them can tell. However if question arises about your duration at the embassy, just tell them it's an accelerated MBA program. I have friends who signed up for that. It only takes a calendar year but that's three semesters (Fall-Spring-Summer) and they are done.
I

How do I contact you privately ? I sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djmakson(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2017
I got your pm and I replied but it bounced back. Here is my mail: djmakson2000 at yahoo dot com. You may not get an immediate response cos I have to hit the bed right now. I'll respond when I get out of bed.

Awesu122:

How do I contact you privately ? I sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joshtune: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2017
Ardedaryor:
i did cool cool cool
can I ask you some few questions about BYU Idaho? are you LDS?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kendrix69(m): 8:30am On Apr 22, 2017
Guys i wanto apply as an undergraduate transfer student into one of the universities in USA. Which exams is best to write GRE SAT OR TOEFL?
*modified * i have a GPA of 3.12/4 for my national diploma (ND)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.