Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694119 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 9:53pm On May 14, 2017
Cheapest flight to Pittsburgh international airport?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kams19(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2017
please who can help me with some US schools that accepts 2.2 for masters degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 10:49pm On May 14, 2017
Congratulations
oveestreet:
Good morning Everyone..

My interview was today 12/05/2017 7am slot

It was successful. I just discovered this page literally few days ago and was amazed at the resource available here. Infact i had to quickly create an account to see more. Thank you so much guys. I particularly loved the interview transcript which i must say was an eye opener. I was only able to go through three of the transcript and boy did i love it! Quickly sent the link to a friend who was also scheduled for today.. both of us got approved.

ME; good morning *with a larger than life smile*
VO; good morning

VO; Passport and i-20 please
ME;

VO; Why MBA
ME; I am getting an MBA with concentration in healthcare management and administration. I needed to say that because my i-20 says just general MBA. My first degree is in pharmacy and there are lots of opportunities in healthcare here in Nigeria. A good MBA training will help transform this opportunities into good business. Getting this training will help me harness and utilize the opportunities that litter the healthcare
sector in Nigeria. ''at this point she was nodding in affirmation"

VO; Why GSoU
ME; From the first time i made contact with them, my experience has been amazing. Prompt replies to emails and all the support staff are ever ready to help. 90% of the MBA program professors have spent years working in the corporate sector before delving into the academia and thats very exciting for me cos not only will i get textbook theories from them but also years worth of real world experience which to me is the most important.

VO; Do you have any family and friends in Georgia
Me; No family and friends in georgia.

VO; pick up your Passport at the nearest location.
*returns my i-20*

I went blank. This whole interview took like 45 secs literally.

I made a simple prayer to a powerful God that i wanted the shortest interview ever. And he came through for me. I had all the documents that i could possibly need. My whole life was in that folder but she didnt ask of any.
My advice: Be ready. Cover all the grounds, go over all the questions in your head. I did mock interview with my friend who also got approved today and we both corrected ourselves. But the MVP today is God. Never take for granted the place of grace and favour but you must have done your part.

Thanks to everyone on this platform and everyone who has shared their experiences whether good or bad. They were all very instructional. I am super grateful for what you guys are doing and my only regret is that i didnt discover this platform earlier than i did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by funkyQuest: 10:56pm On May 14, 2017
Walspring:

You can make use of google map.. But pass through sabo yaba route and link to the third mainland bridge..

Am sure from there you can get the route if not make use of your Google map to navigate your way..

When you get to Bonny camp just turn from there as if you are going back to where you coming from, immediately the turning start looking at your right hand side and you see a gate where cars are entering and that's the US embassy car park

Thanks so much. I'll do just that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 14, 2017
kams19:
please who can help me with some US schools that accepts 2.2 for masters degree
Ther are many universities that will accept you but you have to help yourself. Nobody has time to do that research for you. Start from here www.msinus.com, www.edulix.com and www.google.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MrRoYCe(m): 5:04am On May 15, 2017
Abeg, anyone know when Nigerian embassy is coming to Dallas or Houston. I need to renew my passport. I have to do it ASAP as it expires mid June. And also what exactly is the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkdj1(m): 5:57am On May 15, 2017
PrinceDekunle:
Hi guys, please how do I get to Walter Carrington from palmgrove/shomolu? Or if anyone can suggest a cheap hotel close to the embassy

Please help

Take a bus to Yaba. From where they'd drop you in Yaba take another bus to obalende. From Obalende as for where you'd see Keke to eko hotel or Adeola odeku. Tell the Keke person you're going to checking point or the embassy.

OR

take a bus from Palm Grove to Ojuelegba. From there take another bus(usually green and white) to CMS. From CMS, take a bus going to Eko hotel or odeku and tell the driver you're stopping at checking point or the embassy.

You got the best 2 directions to get their for a first timer. Thank me later smiley

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:24am On May 15, 2017
wish everyone good luck today waiting for good news...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 6:25am On May 15, 2017
yinkdj1:

Take a bus to Yaba. From where they'd drop you in Yaba take another bus to obalende. From Obalende as for where you'd see Keke to eko hotel or Adeola odeku. Tell the Keke person you're going to checking point or the embassy.

OR

take a bus from Palm Grove to Ojuelegba. From there take another bus(usually green and white) to CMS. From CMS, take a bus going to Eko hotel or odeku and tell the driver you're stopping at checking point or the embassy.

You got the best 2 directions to get their for a first timer. Thank me later smiley

Thanks a lot bro

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 7:33am On May 15, 2017
Visa Approved this morning. Glory to God. Transcript loading....

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2017
Please anybody in a community college here??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 8:11am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:

congrats oooo..

masters or UG?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folatush(f): 8:17am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ark4sunshine(m): 8:20am On May 15, 2017
ark4sunshine:
Have been a silent follower on nairaland for a long time and i must say that it has really helped me in getting my F1 visa approval last month. I am glad to be on a thread like this. My question goes thus:

(1) i will be resuming school mid august at a CC in Michigan and i plan leaving probably the first week of august, i checked for flights going to MI is a bit expensive so i got a 1-way ticket on Royal Air Maroc to JFK and would be taking a bus from NY to MI via Greyhound. I hope this doesnt bring any redflag at the POE or do i need yo fly direct to MI and what are the likely questions one could be asked at the Point of entry. NOTE: I got a 1-way ticket because its a 2years course and ticket would have lapsed by the time am completing the course.

(2) can i get my PTA from Gtbank or any bank now during this month of May or wait till around July to get it. Just thinking bank might not want to sell out till its time for me to leave.

To all gurus in the house.
Your suggestions and advice is needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shabol54(f): 8:21am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
Congratulations, i will testify soon too by God's grace #Team fall 2017 grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2017
#TeamFall2017
Praying quietly Mode
More good News coming...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:26am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
My loading

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:52am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:

Congrats. Enjoy your stay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:07am On May 15, 2017
Congrats
shayhune:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:10am On May 15, 2017
ark4sunshine:
ark4sunshine:
Have been a silent follower on nairaland for a long time and i must say that it has really helped me in getting my F1 visa approval last month. I am glad to be on a thread like this. My question goes thus:

(1) i will be resuming school mid august at a CC in Michigan and i plan leaving probably the first week of august, i checked for flights going to MI is a bit expensive so i got a 1-way ticket on Royal Air Maroc to JFK and would be taking a bus from NY to MI via Greyhound. I hope this doesnt bring any redflag at the POE or do i need yo fly direct to MI and what are the likely questions one could be asked at the Point of entry. NOTE: I got a 1-way ticket because its a 2years course and ticket would have lapsed by the time am completing the course.

(2) can i get my PTA from Gtbank or any bank now during this month of May or wait till around July to get it. Just thinking bank might not want to sell out till its time for me to leave.

Congrats ....

It would be nice for you to post your transcript so others can learn or hear about your experience especially since yours is Community College... kindly give back since in your words the thread helped you .. thanks

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 9:21am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 9:59am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:

Congrats. I am very optimistic I'll be testifying soon. Enjoy your stay in US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 10:01am On May 15, 2017
ark4sunshine:
ark4sunshine:

Please share your experience so others can learn especially to debunk the rumors that CC don't get visas. Remember if others were selfish with information, you wouldn't learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:03am On May 15, 2017
I need ielt exam oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:12am On May 15, 2017
68k to write ielt exam.

Woow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djavu82(m): 10:36am On May 15, 2017
Dear Comrades.

What is the difference between Scholarship and Graduate Assistantship Funding. If you have the opportunity to ask the school for any1, which should u be asking for.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2017
Hello Guys, Please Help!!! Have been a silent follower of this thread, got 2 denials already, first was for milwaukee school of engineering i20 , I answered every question but the vo said the tuition is too high so I was denied, second i20 is for south Oklahoma state university and interview was today, firstly I finished high school in 2007 and the fake agent I used 2 years ago told me to use 1989 as my dob instead of 1991 my real age, sad God will punish this guy he wasted my time this much ,
Here is my transcript :
VO: good morning
I: morning ma'am
Vo: passport please
I: passed p and i20
Vo: why are you going to the us
I: am going for my undergraduate program me at Bleep school with a major in entrepreneurship.
Vo: you do work now?
I: yes as the project manager, here I bleeped and corrected myself assistant project manager,
Vo: have you traveled before ?
I: No
Vo: sorry sir you re not qualified for this visa today.
I: guys what do you think I'm doing wrong ? School resumes 31 and am wiling to try again.
Please any advice I would appreciate , isit my age, response or what needs to be worked on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 10:44am On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
Congratulations! Happy for u. Wishing others the best for the future!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 10:45am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:
Hello Guys, Please Help!!! Have been a silent follower of this thread , got 2 denials already, first was for milwaukee school of engineering i20 , I answered every question but the vo said the tuition is too high so I was denied, second i20 is for south Oklahoma state university and interview was today, firstly I finished high school in 2007 and the fake agent I used 2 years ago told me to use 1989 as my dob instead of 1991 my real age, sad God will punish this guy he wasted my time this much ,
Here is my transcript :
I: am going for my undergraduate program me at Bleep school with a major in entrepreneurship.
I: yes as the project manager, here I bleeped and corrected myself assistant project manager,
I: guys what do you think I'm doing wrong ? School resumes 31 and am wiling to try again.
Please any advice I would appreciate , isit my age, response or what needs to be worked on?

You guys and fake agents. If truly you have been a silent follower, you won't patronize agent. Sorry about your denial. Now that you have different date of births in the embassy's database. Its going to take a miracle for you to get the visa next time, but its not impossible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 10:47am On May 15, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Please share your experience so others can learn especially to debunk the rumors that CC don't get visas. Remember if others were selfish with information, you wouldn't learn.
congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 10:48am On May 15, 2017
segunojo866:
congrats

I claim it. Amen!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 10:53am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:
Hello Guys, Please Help!!! Have been a silent follower of this thread, got 2 denials already, first was for milwaukee school of engineering i20 , I answered every question but the vo said the tuition is too high so I was denied, second i20 is for south Oklahoma state university and interview was today, firstly I finished high school in 2007 and the fake agent I used 2 years ago told me to use 1989 as my dob instead of 1991 my real age, sad God will punish this guy he wasted my time this much ,
Here is my transcript :
To the best of my knowledge, you have a pending issue with that age falsification even though it wasnt talked about. Again u didn't answer that bolded text well, the VO knows you're going for your studies, you could have said more... I think you need to settle down and go through previous transcripts. Wish you the best for the future

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.