Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694017 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:55am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:
Hello Guys, Please Help!!! Have been a silent follower of this thread, got 2 denials already, first was for milwaukee school of engineering i20 , I answered every question but the vo said the tuition is too high so I was denied, second i20 is for south Oklahoma state university and interview was today, firstly I finished high school in 2007 and the fake agent I used 2 years ago told me to use 1989 as my dob instead of 1991 my real age, sad God will punish this guy he wasted my time this much ,
Here is my transcript :
VO: good morning
I: morning ma'am
Vo: passport please
I: passed p and i20
Vo: why are you going to the us
I: am going for my undergraduate program me at Bleep school with a major in entrepreneurship.
Vo: you do work now?
I: yes as the project manager, here I bleeped and corrected myself assistant project manager,
Vo: have you traveled before ?
I: No
Vo: sorry sir you re not qualified for this visa today.
I: guys what do you think I'm doing wrong ? School resumes 31 and am wiling to try again.
Please any advice I would appreciate , isit my age, response or what needs to be worked on?

Clarify what age you used the first time and also this time........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 10:55am On May 15, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

You guys and fake agents. If truly you have been a silent follower, you won't patronize agent. Sorry about your denial. Now that you have different date of births in the embassy's database. Its going to take a miracle for you to get the visa next time, but its not impossible.

No I don't have any discrepancy in my dob at the embassy database, the age on my passport is 1989 and that's what have been using on all my docs just saying that ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

No I don't have any discrepancy in my dob at the embassy database, the age on my passport is 1989 and that's what have been using on all my docs just saying that ,

I didn't know about this page before I used the agent but no more agent now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Clarify what age you used the first time and also this time........

You guys probably didn't understand me , sorry
There is no error the age on my passport is 1989 and that's what have been using so nothing changed, nobody would know I'm 1991 if I didn't tell them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:00am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

There is no error the age on my passport is 1989 and that's what have been using so nothing changed, nobody would know I'm 1991 if I didn't tell them.

well it would have made better sense been 26 going for BSC than 28 years ........although just 2 years.

Never lie, there really no point or value
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:
Hello Guys, Please Help!!! Have been a silent follower of this thread, got 2 denials already, first was for milwaukee school of engineering i20 , I answered every question but the vo said the tuition is too high so I was denied, second i20 is for south Oklahoma state university and interview was today, firstly I finished high school in 2007 and the fake agent I used 2 years ago told me to use 1989 as my dob instead of 1991 my real age, sad God will punish this guy he wasted my time this much ,
Here is my transcript :
I: am going for my undergraduate program me at Bleep school with a major in entrepreneurship.
I: yes as the project manager, here I bleeped and corrected myself assistant project manager,
I: guys what do you think I'm doing wrong ? School resumes 31 and am wiling to try again.
Please any advice I would appreciate , isit my age, response or what needs to be worked o n?

I'm just gonna skip all formality and cut right to the chase. Take some time off and sort out yourself. Why you may wonder

1- Changing schools or major puts one in a difficult position as one would have to justify such change to a VO.

2- Misrepresentation isn't taken lightly by the VOs. My manipulating your DOB, you've already created problems for yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:06am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

Last I checked, waec certificate carried a DOB.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2017
Thank you so much, do you think this could be the problem ? I think I didn't answer the questions well but could the age be the problem here ? Need someone to talk to thanks lagosismyhome thanks for the attention.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 11:10am On May 15, 2017
fredoricko:

Last I checked, waec certificate carried a DOB.

Yes but didn't present waec certificate yet! Do they verify info from waec?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 11:23am On May 15, 2017
ark4sunshine:
ark4sunshine:
Have been a silent follower on nairaland for a long time and i must say that it has really helped me in getting my F1 visa approval last month. I am glad to be on a thread like this. My question goes thus:

(1) i will be resuming school mid august at a CC in Michigan and i plan leaving probably the first week of august, i checked for flights going to MI is a bit expensive so i got a 1-way ticket on Royal Air Maroc to JFK and would be taking a bus from NY to MI via Greyhound. I hope this doesnt bring any redflag at the POE or do i need yo fly direct to MI and what are the likely questions one could be asked at the Point of entry. NOTE: I got a 1-way ticket because its a 2years course and ticket would have lapsed by the time am completing the course.

(2) can i get my PTA from Gtbank or any bank now during this month of May or wait till around July to get it. Just thinking bank might not want to sell out till its time for me to leave.

To all gurus in the house.
Your suggestions and advice is needed.

This means you got your visa approved for a community college. Why not share your transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2017
ark4sunshine:
ark4sunshine:
Have been a silent follower on nairaland for a long time and i must say that it has really helped me in getting my F1 visa approval last month. I am glad to be on a thread like this. My question goes thus:

(1) i will be resuming school mid august at a CC in Michigan and i plan leaving probably the first week of august, i checked for flights going to MI is a bit expensive so i got a 1-way ticket on Royal Air Maroc to JFK and would be taking a bus from NY to MI via Greyhound. I hope this doesnt bring any redflag at the POE or do i need yo fly direct to MI and what are the likely questions one could be asked at the Point of entry. NOTE: I got a 1-way ticket because its a 2years course and ticket would have lapsed by the time am completing the course.

(2) can i get my PTA from Gtbank or any bank now during this month of May or wait till around July to get it. Just thinking bank might not want to sell out till its time for me to leave.

To all gurus in the house.
Your suggestions and advice is needed.

pleas reply your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:57am On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

Yes but didn't present waec certificate yet! Do they verify info from waec?
did u hear of the Nigerian highest goal scorer who went to demark last week to sign on reaching there, his date on his passport is differ from his certificate.. U might get the visa but will the school accept you to fling you wen they find out? More that stigma Nigerians again..

Oga no go spoil show for others I use Gos beg u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 12:05pm On May 15, 2017
Hello everyone. Is it advisable to feel "family friend" as sponsor when filling I-20 form or should I Use "Uncle". Though I have a $16,000 a year merit award scholarship but I still need to show proof of living expenses and some balance of tuition. Am really confused here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 12:17pm On May 15, 2017
joeluv:
Hello everyone. Is it advisable to feel "family friend" as sponsor when filling I-20 form or should I Use "Uncle". Though I have a $16,000 a year merit award scholarship but I still need to show proof of living expenses and some balance of tuition. Am really confused here.

I'd advise you use uncle as sponsor based on the relationship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 12:26pm On May 15, 2017
Thanks, though on the form it is written Family/individuals sponsor. Does the I-20 show relationship to the student or just the name of sponsor.
adeniyi3971:

I'd advise you use uncle as sponsor based on the relationship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by elbeee: 12:37pm On May 15, 2017
Hey guys. Does anyone know of any scholarship or funding opportunities available to international students? I resumed in a cc in spring 2017. Im taking summer classes as well. I've paid for summer. My sponsor has informed me that he may not be able to help me out anymore. I'm thinking of all possible options. I'm taking nursing pre requisites and I plan to transfer to a 4 year college. Is it wise at this point to take an international student loan? As i have a sponsor who is willing to cosign? Please who has been in this situation? I need any useful info.God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rinw: 12:39pm On May 15, 2017
djavu82:
Dear Comrades.

What is the difference between Scholarship and Graduate Assistantship Funding. If you have the opportunity to ask the school for any1, which should u be asking for.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 12:40pm On May 15, 2017
joeluv:
Thanks, though on the form it is written Family/individuals sponsor. Does the I-20 show relationship to the student or just the name of sponsor.
it depends some don't even indicate sponsorship some do I don't know about those that do but it should be generalized as family or company or organization

Note; while filling your d6-160 form you'll have to state the name of sponsor and relationship this is what will be used at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 15, 2017
You would have sorted out the age on your WAEC before sending to the school. I know its 100% possible to change it. I believe its not to late to sort it out and apply another school.
Rockymillo:
Thank you so much, do you think this could be the problem ? I think I didn't answer the questions well but could the age be the problem here ? Need someone to talk to thanks lagosismyhome thanks for the attention.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 12:43pm On May 15, 2017
joeluv:

sincerly I'm yet to. fill an I20 form but I'm sure big brothers and sisters in the house will throw mire light.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 12:45pm On May 15, 2017
elbeee:
Hey guys. Does anyone know of any scholarship or funding opportunities available to international students? I resumed in a cc in spring 2017. Im taking summer classes as well. I've paid for summer. My sponsor has informed me that he may not be able to help me out anymore. I'm thinking of all possible options. I'm taking nursing pre requisites and I plan to transfer to a 4 year college. Is it wise at this point to take an international student loan? As i have a sponsor who is willing to cosign? Please who has been in this situation? I need any useful info.God bless

please let me know how it goes I'll need any info you gather.. I only know scholarship that's for just transfer which is like you don't need it for now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 12:47pm On May 15, 2017
elbeee:
don't know about the fundings at cc is like but why not transfer to a 4year university for next semester (fall)or maybe its too late? you may be lucky to get some transfer student aid most schools I see do have something for transfer applicants..if it doesn't cover the total cost which I think it may not opt for the loan you are very lucky to even have that option and an available cosigner . or you can just continue at the cc with a loan this is your best option right now or at least should be your plan b(just some thoughts) but again you need to be very smart about the loan and careful too good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 1:05pm On May 15, 2017
adeniyi3971:

congrats oooo..

masters or UG?
Masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 1:17pm On May 15, 2017
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
VO: Pass me your passport
VO: So why are you going for this Masters
Me: I'm going for my Masters because I finished my undergraduate study in Computer science and this course will give me a competitive advantage in my field here in Nigeria (Sincerely, I was caught off guard with this question, maybe coz it wasn't asked the way I expected)
VO: So who will be paying for this?
Me: I was awarded a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship and my dad will be covering the remaining funds.
VO: So what's the name of your school?
Me: Sorry, I didn't get that question ma
VO: What's the name of the school you're going to?
Me: BGSU
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools
VO: So Why BGSU?
Me: I choose this school because of the amount of quality research being carried out there in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering. My research interest matches with that of the faculty Dr. Bleep Bleep which is on development of end users software engineering technologies. Hence, I am keen on being part of his research group and learn more. Also, the courses being offered there are designed in such a way that they are more research oriented and it best fits my career growth. (She was just nodding her head like Agama)
VO: What's your research topic?
Me: I'll be working on the development of end user software engineering technologies. This is a research area that aims to invent new kinds of technologies that collaborate with end users to improve the quality of their software. There is a need for this outcome because research shows that the number of end users creating their own softwares greatly exceeds the number of professional developers and that the software they create is riddled with errors. (She nodded her head again. In my mind, I was saying I no dey commot for here without my visa)
VO: Do you work?
Me: Yes ma
VO: Where?
Me: I work as bleep at firm Bleep
VO: So what programming language do you know?
Me: Java, C++, C#, Python
VO: Where did you graduate from?
Me: School bleep
VO: Where did you do your NYSC?
Me: I served at bleep state at an higher institution and worked as a teaching assistant.
VO: How many siblings do you have?
Me: I have bleep siblings
VO: Are they all in Nigeria?
Me: Yes ma. They're all in Nigeria
VO: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes. I wrote Toefl and GRE
VO: what was your GRE score?
Me: I had 309 in GRE and 4.0 in AWA
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No. I have not had reasons to.

Then she brought out the white paper and the golden words came 'Your visa has been approved and will be processed within 4 business days'...I didn't hear the remaining words. I was already in La La land with my teeth shining like closeup advertisement. Lol. No document was asked. Not even my birth certificate wey I carry go(lol)

I just walked out smiling and feeling like the happiest man in the world.

Lemme share my lil success tips for prospective visa applicants
1. Pray, pray and pray. For indeed without God we can do nothing.
2. Prepare. You just need to prepare. Don't go and do free styling at the embassy oo. Know your course well. Read previous transcripts. I read all the transcripts(both accepted and rejected) in the dropbox link that was dropped here and prepared my own transcript using the responses in the previous interview.
3. I rehearsed my answers oo facing the mirror for like 2 weeks, speaking to myself everyday and watching my eye contact and body posture through the mirror. Pls rehearse and if you can memorize like me, it's an added advantage.
4. Maintain eye contact with the VO. Don't look away for once, smile and speak confidently. I was just smiling like WhatsApp Smiley at the embassy. The visa interview ain't that scary jare.
5. Speak concisely. Don't talk too much. Just give the main points.
6. Fill the DS-160 by yourself. Don't allow one agent to fill in rubbish for you. I guess the VO was asking me some questions based on my DS-160 info.
7. Again, Pray and trust God. If you think the God factor is not involved in this visa tin, na you sabi.

After Finland bounced me last year, God has vindicated me. Make I come dey go Trumpland. Na me and trump go run tins together. Lol

Pls bear with my long epistle. I didn't even know I was asked these much questions until I started typing. Overjoy is doing me ATM.

God bless everyone here who has one way or the other been a blessing to me via their posts.

Wishing all prospective visa applicants success in their interviews.

akins2016, dramaka. I don dey come oo grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Floyd45(m): 1:22pm On May 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Let me start off by saying I am presently going through the previous thread 9-10 on all the information I’ll be needing. However, I need to clear up somethings to make it faster for me. I'm hoping to meet up with fall 2017. I'm currently narrowing my search down to Atlanta, this is because i have a family down there. With the help of this thread, I have been able get a list of schools still accepting applications for fall 2017.
I want to apply for undergraduate studies even though I already have a bachelor’s degree. I have applied to some schools but not paid the application fee.
I will be grateful if I can be assisted with some of my questions.
1. What is the preferred way to make payment for student application fees from Naija here?
2. Since I’ll be applying for undergraduate studies, I’ll like to know if my secondary sch waec result is what I’ll be using to apply. My WAEC result is far back from 2005. Will this affect my chances..
3. How do I go about the measles certification?
P.S I am still going through the thread for all other information.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 1:26pm On May 15, 2017
Wow. The VO really drilled you. For someone that has a GA. Congratulations.
shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:
Me: I'm going for my Masters because I finished my undergraduate study in Computer science and this course will give me a competitive advantage in my field here in Nigeria (Sincerely, I was caught off guard with this question, maybe coz it wasn't asked the way I expected)
Me: I was awarded a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship and my dad will be covering the remaining funds.
Me: I choose this school because of the amount of quality research being carried out there in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering. My research interest matches with that of the faculty Dr. Bleep Bleep which is on development of end users software engineering technologies. Hence, I am keen on being part of his research group and learn more. Also, the courses being offered there are designed in such a way that they are more research oriented and it best fits my career growth. (She was just nodding her head like Agama)
Me: I'll be working on the development of end user software engineering technologies. This is a research area that aims to invent new kinds of technologies that collaborate with end users to improve the quality of their software. There is a need for this outcome because research shows that the number of end users creating their own softwares greatly exceeds the number of professional developers and that the software they create is riddled with errors. (She nodded her head again. In my mind, I was saying I no dey commot for here without my visa)
Me: I served at bleep state at an higher institution and worked as a teaching assistant.

Then she brought out the white paper and the golden words came 'Your visa has been approved and will be processed within 4 business days'...I didn't hear the remaining words. I was already in La La land with my teeth shining like closeup advertisement. Lol. No document was asked. Not even my birth certificate wey I carry go(lol)

2. Prepare. You just need to prepare. Don't go and do free styling at the embassy oo. Know your course well. Read previous transcripts. I read all the transcripts(both accepted and rejected) in the dropbox link that was dropped here and prepared my own transcript using the responses in the previous interview.
3. I rehearsed my answers oo facing the mirror for like 2 weeks, speaking to myself everyday and watching my eye contact and body posture through the mirror. Pls rehearse and if you can memorize like me, it's an added advantage.
4. Maintain eye contact with the VO. Don't look away for once, smile and speak confidently. I was just smiling like WhatsApp Smiley at the embassy. The visa interview ain't that scary jare.
6. Fill the DS-160 by yourself. Don't allow one agent to fill in rubbish for you. I guess the VO was asking me some questions based on my DS-160 info.
7. Again, Pray and trust God. If you think the God factor is not involved in this visa tin, na you sabi.

After Finland bounced me last year, God has vindicated me. Make I come dey go Trumpland. Na me and trump go run tins together. Lol

Pls bear with my long epistle. I didn't even know I was asked these much questions until I started typing. Overjoy is doing me ATM.

God bless everyone here who has one way or the other been a blessing to me via their posts.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gunnerson: 1:41pm On May 15, 2017
shayhune:

Congratulations!
Please how did you manage to hear about the approval sentence after you saw the white paper? I am just thinking if anybody has ever been calm enough to hear that statement, for real.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chinemomah2020(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2017
Here is my transcript :
Please any advice I would appreciate , isit my age, response or what needs to be worked on.

How much was your First School fees? Am just curious!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Levels731: 2:00pm On May 15, 2017
How much was the first school fees.......... Am also curious
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:03pm On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am.

Finland cold oo, e good that God vindicated you ............ whatever that means grin .

Congrats, God bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 2:18pm On May 15, 2017
Gunnerson:

Congratulations!
Please how did you manage to hear about the approval sentence after you saw the white paper? I am just thinking if anybody has ever been calm enough to hear that statement, for real.
Lol I didn't even hear any word again the day my visa was approved. As soon as I collected the white paper I went deaf for few mins grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.