Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694008 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2017
smithsydny:
Exactly what I asked him this morning.. He can get the visa no ish wen he gets there unko.. That guy is a mess of himself.

He should meet lie Muhammad to learn

Bro be calm you don't have to say that! You don't even know me, I only asked a question which I expect matured response, someone even volunteered to do a mock interview for me over the phone today after sharing my transcript, and it was helpful + his words of encouragement ,this is a guy like you on this page, if I don't get it today I can def get it tomorow for sure so why judge that am being a mess of myself? We all have made mistakes in the past please don't judge anyone negatively because you don't know what they are passing through , I ll be posting my approved visa transcript soon, no one is a failure until they give up being one. Thank you so much. cheesy

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Daodudavid(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Daodudavid(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

Bro be calm you don't have to say that! You don't even know me, I only asked a question which I expect matured response, someone even volunteered to do a mock interview for me over the phone today after sharing my transcript, and it was helpful + his words of encouragement ,this is a guy like you on this page, if I don't get it today I can def get it tomorow for sure so why judge that am being a mess of myself? We all have made mistakes in the past please don't judge anyone negatively because you don't know what they are passing through , I ll be posting my approved visa transcript soon, no one is a failure until they give up being one. Thank you so much. cheesy

Nice one bro, don't give up the fight, you got this, I still remember the first time I was here someone tried to pull me down by saying I won't go far, and I stood up to the challenge with faith, here I am today with my testimony

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 10:18pm On May 15, 2017
Hello house.pls a quick one I am trying to book appointment for F1 visa and I unable to book alone cos i and hubby have booked b1/b2 visa together before and now trying to book F1 visa it keeps bringing both of us to book together again.i can't sign up for another profile cos it keeps referring me to the profile I have under my hubby.pls what can I do.dont know if anyone has experience this .i need to book like right now.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

oya no vex mabinu..

But I hope it has been said on this thread don't ever change anything. I was not just happy with the thing. Hearing wat happen with that Nigerian footballer in Denmark just like your story agent say agent no say. He got the visa on reaching in 48 hrs MMA WELCOMED HIM BACK. currently his messed up in Europe.

That's y thread is here to help us.. Believe u me am running for ltalian visa but USA is giving all the scrutiny I need. I had online interview this morning. From the transcript here was the exact questions they asked me. I just got a mail this afternoon that it was successful..

So bro I wish u all the best make sure your papers are correct .. Oluwa above all

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 10:20pm On May 15, 2017
Try and get one around Obalende, VI hotels are mostly not cheap. That is the business hub of gidi man.
charzyh2:
Does anyone know any cheap hotel close to US Embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 15, 2017
yinkaorry:
Hello house.pls a quick one I am trying to book appointment for F1 visa and I unable to book alone cos i and hubby have booked b1/b2 visa together before and now trying to book F1 visa it keeps bringing both of us to book together again.i can't sign up for another profile cos it keeps referring me to the profile I have under my hubby.pls what can I do.dont know if anyone has experience this .i need to book like right now.thanks
y don't u use another mail to register
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 10:24pm On May 15, 2017
smithsydny:
y don't u use another mail to register
it says I have my profile under my hubbys profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by taiworhoda: 10:26pm On May 15, 2017
Pls all I want is a reply to my question. Either I mentioned any name does not matter to u. If u ve a good answer for me plsssss don hesitate to let me no. Na beg I beg u oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by taiworhoda: 10:29pm On May 15, 2017
Na answer I want oooo forget abt the name I mentioned. Vo pls help me with my questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2017
Daodudavid:

Nice one bro, don't give up the fight, you got this, I still remember the first time I was here someone tried to pull me down by saying I won't go far, and I stood up to the challenge with faith, here I am today with my testimony

Thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 15, 2017
yinkaorry:

Gurus make unah show ooo.. This one pass me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oluwadunxy: 10:42pm On May 15, 2017
Ceejayo:

Hello house, I have just being offered a waiver for TOEFL by my institution, I was told my county has English as the sole official language. Please what are the implications, should I still apply for the exam?
Which school is that please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by reDazey(f): 10:45pm On May 15, 2017
shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
VO: Pass me your passport
VO: So why are you going for this Masters
Me: I'm going for my Masters because I finished my undergraduate study in Computer science and this course will give me a competitive advantage in my field here in Nigeria (Sincerely, I was caught off guard with this question, maybe coz it wasn't asked the way I expected)
VO: So who will be paying for this?
Me: I was awarded a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship and my dad will be covering the remaining funds.
VO: So what's the name of your school?
Me: Sorry, I didn't get that question ma
VO: What's the name of the school you're going to?
Me: BGSU
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools
VO: So Why BGSU?
Me: I choose this school because of the amount of quality research being carried out there in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering. My research interest matches with that of the faculty Dr. Bleep Bleep which is on development of end users software engineering technologies. Hence, I am keen on being part of his research group and learn more. Also, the courses being offered there are designed in such a way that they are more research oriented and it best fits my career growth. (She was just nodding her head like Agama)
VO: What's your research topic?
Me: I'll be working on the development of end user software engineering technologies. This is a research area that aims to invent new kinds of technologies that collaborate with end users to improve the quality of their software. There is a need for this outcome because research shows that the number of end users creating their own softwares greatly exceeds the number of professional developers and that the software they create is riddled with errors. (She nodded her head again. In my mind, I was saying I no dey commot for here without my visa)
VO: Do you work?
Me: Yes ma
VO: Where?
Me: I work as bleep at firm Bleep
VO: So what programming language do you know?
Me: Java, C++, C#, Python
VO: Where did you graduate from?
Me: School bleep
VO: Where did you do your NYSC?
Me: I served at bleep state at an higher institution and worked as a teaching assistant.
VO: How many siblings do you have?
Me: I have bleep siblings
VO: Are they all in Nigeria?
Me: Yes ma. They're all in Nigeria
VO: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes. I wrote Toefl and GRE
VO: what was your GRE score?
Me: I had 309 in GRE and 4.0 in AWA
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No. I have not had reasons to.

Then she brought out the white paper and the golden words came 'Your visa has been approved and will be processed within 4 business days'...I didn't hear the remaining words. I was already in La La land with my teeth shining like closeup advertisement. Lol. No document was asked. Not even my birth certificate wey I carry go(lol)

I just walked out smiling and feeling like the happiest man in the world.

Lemme share my lil success tips for prospective visa applicants
1. Pray, pray and pray. For indeed without God we can do nothing.
2. Prepare. You just need to prepare. Don't go and do free styling at the embassy oo. Know your course well. Read previous transcripts. I read all the transcripts(both accepted and rejected) in the dropbox link that was dropped here and prepared my own transcript using the responses in the previous interview.
3. I rehearsed my answers oo facing the mirror for like 2 weeks, speaking to myself everyday and watching my eye contact and body posture through the mirror. Pls rehearse and if you can memorize like me, it's an added advantage.
4. Maintain eye contact with the VO. Don't look away for once, smile and speak confidently. I was just smiling like WhatsApp Smiley at the embassy. The visa interview ain't that scary jare.
5. Speak concisely. Don't talk too much. Just give the main points.
6. Fill the DS-160 by yourself. Don't allow one agent to fill in rubbish for you. I guess the VO was asking me some questions based on my DS-160 info.
7. Again, Pray and trust God. If you think the God factor is not involved in this visa tin, na you sabi.

After Finland bounced me last year, God has vindicated me. Make I come dey go Trumpland. Na me and trump go run tins together. Lol

Pls bear with my long epistle. I didn't even know I was asked these much questions until I started typing. Overjoy is doing me ATM.

God bless everyone here who has one way or the other been a blessing to me via their posts.

Wishing all prospective visa applicants success in their interviews.

akins2016, dramaka. I don dey come oo grin

Congratulations shayhune. Enjoy your new journey, dear.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oluwadunxy: 10:46pm On May 15, 2017
anodebeanthony:
All the schools I applied waived Toefl and IELTS. Nigeria is an English speaking country, even when some schools will say they need it. All I need to do is to draft a mail to the admission officer and get him to waive it for me.
Can you gimme a list of such schools please for undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 10:48pm On May 15, 2017
Rockymillo:

Very well said brother. Nobody knows tomorrow, we just gotta be helpful and encouraging others. Tho I got my visa at my first attempt but that doesn't mean people that were rejected don't know more than I do. We gotta stay humble and put others through. I wish you well for the future!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 10:53pm On May 15, 2017
yinkaorry:
Try and use a new email, preferably open a new email account now since you wanna book asap, that should solve it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 11:18pm On May 15, 2017
Congratulations and this transcript shows how much u prepared. Nice one..... Start loading for Trumpland

shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:
Me: I'm going for my Masters because I finished my undergraduate study in Computer science and this course will give me a competitive advantage in my field here in Nigeria (Sincerely, I was caught off guard with this question, maybe coz it wasn't asked the way I expected)
Me: I was awarded a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship and my dad will be covering the remaining funds.
Me: I choose this school because of the amount of quality research being carried out there in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering. My research interest matches with that of the faculty Dr. Bleep Bleep which is on development of end users software engineering technologies. Hence, I am keen on being part of his research group and learn more. Also, the courses being offered there are designed in such a way that they are more research oriented and it best fits my career growth. (She was just nodding her head like Agama)
Me: I'll be working on the development of end user software engineering technologies. This is a research area that aims to invent new kinds of technologies that collaborate with end users to improve the quality of their software. There is a need for this outcome because research shows that the number of end users creating their own softwares greatly exceeds the number of professional developers and that the software they create is riddled with errors. (She nodded her head again. In my mind, I was saying I no dey commot for here without my visa)
Me: I served at bleep state at an higher institution and worked as a teaching assistant.

Then she brought out the white paper and the golden words came 'Your visa has been approved and will be processed within 4 business days'...I didn't hear the remaining words. I was already in La La land with my teeth shining like closeup advertisement. Lol. No document was asked. Not even my birth certificate wey I carry go(lol)

2. Prepare. You just need to prepare. Don't go and do free styling at the embassy oo. Know your course well. Read previous transcripts. I read all the transcripts(both accepted and rejected) in the dropbox link that was dropped here and prepared my own transcript using the responses in the previous interview.
3. I rehearsed my answers oo facing the mirror for like 2 weeks, speaking to myself everyday and watching my eye contact and body posture through the mirror. Pls rehearse and if you can memorize like me, it's an added advantage.
4. Maintain eye contact with the VO. Don't look away for once, smile and speak confidently. I was just smiling like WhatsApp Smiley at the embassy. The visa interview ain't that scary jare.
6. Fill the DS-160 by yourself. Don't allow one agent to fill in rubbish for you. I guess the VO was asking me some questions based on my DS-160 info.
7. Again, Pray and trust God. If you think the God factor is not involved in this visa tin, na you sabi.

After Finland bounced me last year, God has vindicated me. Make I come dey go Trumpland. Na me and trump go run tins together. Lol

Pls bear with my long epistle. I didn't even know I was asked these much questions until I started typing. Overjoy is doing me ATM.

God bless everyone here who has one way or the other been a blessing to me via their posts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oluwadunxy: 11:21pm On May 15, 2017
Please am an ardent silent follower of this thread.. Dunno if anyone can actually advise on schools that accept undergraduate without TOEFL or other English proficiency test and with low tuition fee. Please help a brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rockymillo(m): 11:22pm On May 15, 2017
Tunnyz7:

Very well said brother. Nobody knows tomorrow, we just gotta be helpful and encouraging others. Tho I got my visa at my first attempt but that doesn't mean people that were rejected don't know more than I do. We gotta stay humble and put others through. I wish you well for the future!!!

Thanks my Bro, see you at the Top.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dramaka(m): 11:40pm On May 15, 2017
shayhune:

Lol. Do quick dey come. Ohio weather dey wait for fresh meat to turn to frozen food. Perhaps you go fit increase temperature here with your body heat by +0.00001F. grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 12:24am On May 16, 2017
Rockymillo:

Yes I was fully prepared if I got the visa, the school offers on campus job to international students and there's a payment plan which my sponsorer already talked to the school about how he can handle it. Which was why I got the admission .

Hmm ok...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ajibayo4: 12:27am On May 16, 2017
Have been a great follower.
Thanks to the transcript packed together in the drop box.

My interview was for 7am yesterday.
I was placed with the Chinese and I remembered how people always complain of him nit granting people Visa's but I just said to myself. Bros you go give me my own Visa today

Transcript goes thus;

VO: Can I have your Passport and I20

VO: What's the purpose of your travel?
Ans: am going for my masters degree program in Biosystem and Agricultural Engineering at OKSU.

VO: Where do you work?

I work with XXXX Company as a Sales Engineer.

VO: Are you Married
Me: No

VO: Why Oklahoma State University.

Me: I choose to study in Oklahoma State University because the University has a tailored program that will meet my academic need and personal wish for my career in Food processing and Machine System.
Cuts in.

VO: How many Schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to 3 Universities.
The University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.
Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

VO: What's your GRE Score
Me: 292

VO: why didn't you go to Bridgeport.
Me: OKSU has good research facility and it's the best University with someone with a profile has mine.

VO: brought out a White sheet aand was typing hard. Suddenly he looked aat my I20 and stooped aand saaid who is Sadik.

Me: He's my Guardian and Uncle. He will be paaying for my education.

VO: you will need to pick up your passport in 3 days time. I no hear anything else.

Na so I collect my Visa.
Thanks to all that created and contributed to this group. You guys are awesome.

Na God . Mine was so easy and stress free. Na God

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:55am On May 16, 2017
I Dey awake dey read this wonderful transcript..

Congrats bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:58am On May 16, 2017
Most universities in USA will ask for it but all you need to do is to message the admission office that you are from Nigeria and English is your official language. Check Michigan Tech and most state Uni or public schools.
oluwadunxy:
Please am an ardent silent follower of this thread.. Dunno if anyone can actually advise on schools that accept undergraduate without TOEFL or other English proficiency test and with low tuition fee. Please help a brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:02am On May 16, 2017
Congratulations
ajibayo4:

I was placed with the Chinese and I remembered how people always complain of him nit granting people Visa's but I just said to myself. Bros you go give me my own Visa today

Transcript goes thus;

Ans: am going for my masters degree program in Biosystem and Agricultural Engineering at OKSU.

Me: I choose to study in Oklahoma State University because the University has a tailored program that will meet my academic need and personal wish for my career in Food processing and Machine System.
Cuts in.

Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

Me: OKSU has good research facility and it's the best University with someone with a profile has mine.

VO: brought out a White sheet aand was typing hard. Suddenly he looked aat my I20 and stooped aand saaid who is Sadik.

VO: you will need to pick up your passport in 3 days time. I no hear anything else.

Na so I collect my Visa.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chingynas: 3:55am On May 16, 2017
shayhune:

Bro please respond to your message...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folatush(f): 4:56am On May 16, 2017
ajibayo4:

Transcript goes thus;

congrats. my testimony loading

Cuts in.

Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

Na so I collect my Visa.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folatush(f): 4:59am On May 16, 2017
ajibayo4:

Transcript goes thus;

Cuts in.

Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

Na so I collect my Visa.

Congrats. #Mytestimonyloading#teamfall2017

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:31am On May 16, 2017
Rockymillo:

Wow, I'm impressed by your attitude. Thumbs up to that! A lot of folks here didn't get their visas on the first try. If you've read previous thread you'd find how challenging the journey was for them initially. But because they didn't give up they prevailed. I may not know all their monikers by heart but I sure won't forget texrem and chiezz(I hope I got this right). They were rejected multiple times but now they're studying in their respective chosen school. In the end if you're determined to study, you'll ultimately get things right. I look forward to reading your approval transcript soon.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:33am On May 16, 2017
ajibayo4:

This is a good one.God's got your back.
Congratulations and enjoy your studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sunshine087: 5:33am On May 16, 2017
ajibayo4:

Transcript goes thus;

Cuts in.

Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

Na so I collect my Visa.

Congrats bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.