Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694121 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sunshine087: 5:36am On May 16, 2017
Can't wait to read more testimonies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 6:24am On May 16, 2017
ajibayo4:
Have been a great follower.
Thanks to the transcript packed together in the drop box.

My interview was for 7am yesterday.
I was placed with the Chinese and I remembered how people always complain of him nit granting people Visa's but I just said to myself. Bros you go give me my own Visa today

Transcript goes thus;

VO: Can I have your Passport and I20

VO: What's the purpose of your travel?
Ans: am going for my masters degree program in Biosystem and Agricultural Engineering at OKSU.

VO: Where do you work?

I work with XXXX Company as a Sales Engineer.

VO: Are you Married
Me: No

VO: Why Oklahoma State University.

Me: I choose to study in Oklahoma State University because the University has a tailored program that will meet my academic need and personal wish for my career in Food processing and Machine System.
Cuts in.

VO: How many Schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to 3 Universities.
The University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.
Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

VO: What's your GRE Score
Me: 292

VO: why didn't you go to Bridgeport.
Me: OKSU has good research facility and it's the best University with someone with a profile has mine.

VO: brought out a White sheet aand was typing hard. Suddenly he looked aat my I20 and stooped aand saaid who is Sadik.

Me: He's my Guardian and Uncle. He will be paaying for my education.

VO: you will need to pick up your passport in 3 days time. I no hear anything else.

Na so I collect my Visa.
Thanks to all that created and contributed to this group. You guys are awesome.

Na God . Mine was so easy and stress free. Na God

Congratulations brother. I really love your confidence. Wishing you all the best in your journey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cuspy(m): 7:50am On May 16, 2017
Hi guys!

After approaching a grad coord with my profile, he replied the following. Should I be optimistic or this sort of email is usually given by grad coords to make everyone apply?

"Dear Cuspy,

All these credentials line up with what we are looking for in general terms. I would love to see an application from you so we could formally consider the possibility of bringing you into the Ph.D. program. The application cycle comes next winter. Please let me know if you have any questions as it approaches."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oluwadunxy: 7:59am On May 16, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Most universities in USA will ask for it but all you need to do is to message the admission office that you are from Nigeria and English is your official language. Check Michigan Tech and most state Uni or public schools.
Okay thanks man are you there or here in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 8:06am On May 16, 2017
Good morning house. Please can someone please help with a description of how to get to the document pick up center in Isolo (from Oshodi) and what documents I need to collect my 'visa-ed passport'...lol, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ajibayo4: 8:10am On May 16, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Congratulations

Thanks boss.
More testimonies abound in this place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 8:18am On May 16, 2017
cuspy:
Hi guys!

After approaching a grad coord with my profile, he replied the following. Should I be optimistic or this sort of email is usually given by grad coords to make everyone apply?

"Dear Cuspy,

All these credentials line up with what we are looking for in general terms. I would love to see an application from you so we could formally consider the possibility of bringing you into the Ph.D. program. The application cycle comes next winter. Please let me know if you have any questions as it approaches."

Its a "general mail", a "you may apply" email. Don't count on that as serious intention to admit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 8:20am On May 16, 2017
Tunnyz7:

Try and use a new email, preferably open a new email account now since you wanna book asap, that should solve it
I did oo.but it keeps saying "our personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "******@yahoo.com". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 8:22am On May 16, 2017
yinkaorry:
Hello house.pls a quick one I am trying to book appointment for F1 visa and I unable to book alone cos i and hubby have booked b1/b2 visa together before and now trying to book F1 visa it keeps bringing both of us to book together again.i can't sign up for another profile cos it keeps referring me to the profile I have under my hubby.pls what can I do.dont know if anyone has experience this .i need to book like right now.thanks
i am still waiting for u guys response plsss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 8:49am On May 16, 2017
Good day great gurus in the house, please I want to find out this,

if the skul am applying to dont request for gre or Gmat, but at the embassy was ask if I write any standadize test and I say no, hope it can't affect them not granting visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 8:56am On May 16, 2017
yinkaorry:
i am still waiting for u guys response plsss
From the said profile, create new application, you should be able to book alone.. Just check well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 8:58am On May 16, 2017
Feels good waking up to more visa approval... Congratulations and success to those going today

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:09am On May 16, 2017
I'm in Nigeria.
oluwadunxy:

Okay thanks man are you there or here in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 9:34am On May 16, 2017
shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:

Wishing all prospective visa applicants success in their interviews.

akins2016, dramaka. I don dey come oo grin

Congrats boss!!! Safe trip to Trump Land.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Silva094: 9:55am On May 16, 2017
Good day everyone, please u guys should enlighten me on how to pay my sevis fee near in Nigeria and please how long does it take for i20 to get Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by expertman(m): 9:57am On May 16, 2017
CONGRATS

ajibayo4:
Have been a great follower.
Thanks to the transcript packed together in the drop box.

My interview was for 7am yesterday.
I was placed with the Chinese and I remembered how people always complain of him nit granting people Visa's but I just said to myself. Bros you go give me my own Visa today

Transcript goes thus;

VO: Can I have your Passport and I20

VO: What's the purpose of your travel?
Ans: am going for my masters degree program in Biosystem and Agricultural Engineering at OKSU.

VO: Where do you work?

I work with XXXX Company as a Sales Engineer.

VO: Are you Married
Me: No

VO: Why Oklahoma State University.

Me: I choose to study in Oklahoma State University because the University has a tailored program that will meet my academic need and personal wish for my career in Food processing and Machine System.
Cuts in.

VO: How many Schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to 3 Universities.
The University of Bridgeport in Connecticut.
Murray State University
Aand OKSU.

VO: What's your GRE Score
Me: 292

VO: why didn't you go to Bridgeport.
Me: OKSU has good research facility and it's the best University with someone with a profile has mine.

VO: brought out a White sheet aand was typing hard. Suddenly he looked aat my I20 and stooped aand saaid who is Sadik.

Me: He's my Guardian and Uncle. He will be paaying for my education.

VO: you will need to pick up your passport in 3 days time. I no hear anything else.

Na so I collect my Visa.
Thanks to all that created and contributed to this group. You guys are awesome.

Na God . Mine was so easy and stress free. Na God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by expertman(m): 10:02am On May 16, 2017
hello bosses,

please does any one here have information about Rhode Island College: Providence, RI ?

i mean if its a red flag at embassy .

a cousin of mine going wants to apply for Masters in Social work there so i promised to ask people about the school my fear is been a college as i told him ealier not to apply there.please kindly help me with confirmations reviews.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AAOL: 10:08am On May 16, 2017
Good day gurus in the house.

I am aware am quite late seeking admission for school for September entry.

Please check out my profile and advice me on the quickest way to get Master in management admission or an MBA I am looking for cheap schools as well

Bsc. Accounting (CGPA 4.13), 2009

Full Member of CPA Canada and ACCA

Work experience: 5 years in the bank

Available funds: 27k USD

Kindly advise.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 10:20am On May 16, 2017
dramaka:

Lol. Do quick dey come. Ohio weather dey wait for fresh meat to turn to frozen food. Perhaps you go fit increase temperature here with your body heat by +0.00001F. grin
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 10:29am On May 16, 2017
Tunnyz7:

From the said profile, create new application, you should be able to book alone.. Just check well
i did oo.it keeps saying "our personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "****@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by switcyndy(f): 10:30am On May 16, 2017
Good Morning. Visa was approved yesterday to God be the glory and all Honor to Mary. I wish to specially thank @terexm.

My interview was for 7am. I got there pretty early around 5:30am. So many people hustling to deceive people. Those hustler can actually throw you off balance telling you many irrelevant things that you supposedly need to have for the interview.

At the second check point they discovered that i didn't print the proper sevis payment receipt, they had to give me a time out to go print it. After all the whole checking,bio-metric and all. I got to the interview stand around 8:45am. The man that went b4 me now decided to play a fast one on the Vo by claiming he cant speak English. The woman was so angry, i was just praying that she shouldn't transfer the anger to me. when it got to my turn, God took over the interview and it went down like this:

Me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning dear

Vo:Please pass me your passport and I-20

Vo: So you have been working for your company for 7 year now?
Me: Yes ma

Vo: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Bsc. in Accounting

Vo: What have been doing since graduation?
Me: Got employed by the company Ma as an Account Officer while doing my NYSC service and i have been with them ever since.

Vo: So you are an Accountant now?

Vo: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I said all the curriculum and the research stuff (and she cut in.....)

Vo: I mean how did you get to know about this school?
Me: A senior Project Manager in the company i work for graduated from there. He told me about the school

Vo: OK that is good. I can see that the company is sponsoring you partly, is it because you have stayed with them for 7 years now?

Vo: How are you going to take care of the rest?
Me: From my savings

Vo: Are you married?
Me: No bot am engaged

Vo: Is he traveling with you?
Me: no he is not

Vo: Do you have kids?
Me: No ma

After typing for a while she asked

Vo: is your company still going to take you back afterwards

Vo: YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED PLEASE GO TO THIS CIRCLED ADDRESS AND PICK UP UR PASSPORT AFTER 3 WORKING DAYS
Me: Thank you

No document, result or bank statement was asked

Small Tip i will give from my observation there are:

1) Don't cram anything just go throw all the transcript here and be conversant with all excepted questions. Cramming will only throw you off balance especially if the questions didn't come out as you practiced

2) Dress Smart and neat. You can't come to and embassy saying that you want visa to make a travel that will cost you millions of naira yet you cant afford to iron your shirt or wear a neat top.

3) Pray about everything including about your fears and unforeseen circumstance because it will be your prayers that will keep you calm if you experience any setback.

4) Please and please be careful of those hustlers. They will tell you things that will throw you into panic mode. Like You shouldn't have worn earrings in your passport, You need to staple all you documents, why didn't you make photocopy of your passport page, and so on. Although, they may be right sometimes but my advise is don't get agitated if you don't have all there numerous helps. Continue with your days plan and if any one will be needed at any point they will give you a time out to go and do it

Finally i wish to thank each and every single person keeping this thread alive. You guys are God sent. walspring,Lagosismyhome and so on.

I WISH ALL PROSPECTIVE VISA APPLICANTS SUCCESS

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:45am On May 16, 2017
Congrats, am happy for you.
switcyndy:
Good Morning. Visa was approved yesterday to God be the glory and all Honor to Mary. I wish to specially thank @terexm.

My interview was for 7am. I got there pretty early around 5:30am. So many people hustling to deceive people. Those hustler can actually throw you off balance telling you many irrelevant things that you supposedly need to have for the interview.

At the second check point they discovered that i didn't print the proper sevis payment receipt, they had to give me a time out to go print it. After all the whole checking,bio-metric and all. I got to the interview stand around 8:45am. The man that went b4 me now decided to play a fast one on the Vo by claiming he cant speak English. The woman was so angry, i was just praying that she shouldn't transfer the anger to me. when it got to my turn, God took over the interview and it went down like this:

Me: Good morning
Vo: Good morning dear

Vo:Please pass me your passport and I-20

Vo: So you have been working for your company for 7 year now?

Vo: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Bsc. in Accounting

Vo: What have been doing since graduation?
Me: Got employed by the company Ma as an Account Officer while doing my NYSC service and i have been with them ever since.

Vo: So you are an Accountant now?

Vo: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I said all the curriculum and the research stuff (and she cut in.....)

Vo: I mean how did you get to know about this school?
Me: A senior Project Manager in the company i work for graduated from there. He told me about the school

Vo: OK that is good. I can see that the company is sponsoring you partly, is it because you have stayed with them for 7 years now?

Vo: How are you going to take care of the rest?
Me: From my savings

Vo: Are you married?
Me: No bot am engaged

Vo: Is he traveling with you?
Me: no he is not

Vo: Do you have kids?
Me: No ma

After typing for a while she asked

Vo: is your company still going to take you back afterwards

Vo: YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED PLEASE GO TO THIS CIRCLED ADDRESS AND PICK UP UR PASSPORT AFTER 3 WORKING DAYS
Me: Thank you

No document, result or bank statement was asked

Small Tip i will give from my observation there are:

1) Don't cram anything just go throw all the transcript here and be conversant with all excepted questions. Cramming will only throw you off balance especially if the questions didn't come out as you practiced

2) Dress Smart and neat. You can't come to and embassy saying that you want visa to make a travel that will cost you millions of naira yet you cant afford to iron your shirt or wear a neat top.

3) Pray about everything including about your fears and unforeseen circumstance because it will be your prayers that will keep you calm if you experience any setback.

4) Please and please be careful of those hustlers. They will tell you things that will throw you into panic mode. Like You shouldn't have worn earrings in your passport, You need to staple all you documents, why didn't you make photocopy of your passport page, and so on. Although, they may be right sometimes but my advise is don't get agitated if you don't have all there numerous helps. Continue with your days plan and if any one will be needed at any point they will give you a time out to go and do it

Finally i wish to thank each and every single person keeping this thread alive. You guys are God sent. walspring,Lagosismyhome and so on.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:03am On May 16, 2017
switcyndy:

Congrats ... God bless your new journey . Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:13am On May 16, 2017
texrem:

You killed it yourself.. you could have explained.
thanks for the correction ,noted.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 11:41am On May 16, 2017
switcyndy:

My interview was for 7am. I got there pretty early around 5:30am.

Congratulations... It seems I'm the only one going to West Virginia for now sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akins2016: 12:18pm On May 16, 2017
Nice shayhune, Congrat and welcome to BGSU
shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
VO: Pass me your passport
VO: So why are you going for this Masters
Me: I'm going for my Masters because I finished my undergraduate study in Computer science and this course will give me a competitive advantage in my field here in Nigeria (Sincerely, I was caught off guard with this question, maybe coz it wasn't asked the way I expected)
VO: So who will be paying for this?
Me: I was awarded a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship and my dad will be covering the remaining funds.
VO: So what's the name of your school?
Me: Sorry, I didn't get that question ma
VO: What's the name of the school you're going to?
Me: BGSU
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools
VO: So Why BGSU?
Me: I choose this school because of the amount of quality research being carried out there in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering. My research interest matches with that of the faculty Dr. Bleep Bleep which is on development of end users software engineering technologies. Hence, I am keen on being part of his research group and learn more. Also, the courses being offered there are designed in such a way that they are more research oriented and it best fits my career growth. (She was just nodding her head like Agama)
VO: What's your research topic?
Me: I'll be working on the development of end user software engineering technologies. This is a research area that aims to invent new kinds of technologies that collaborate with end users to improve the quality of their software. There is a need for this outcome because research shows that the number of end users creating their own softwares greatly exceeds the number of professional developers and that the software they create is riddled with errors. (She nodded her head again. In my mind, I was saying I no dey commot for here without my visa)
VO: Do you work?
VO: Where?
Me: I work as bleep at firm Bleep
VO: So what programming language do you know?
Me: Java, C++, C#, Python
VO: Where did you graduate from?
Me: School bleep
VO: Where did you do your NYSC?
Me: I served at bleep state at an higher institution and worked as a teaching assistant.
VO: How many siblings do you have?
Me: I have bleep siblings
VO: Are they all in Nigeria?
Me: Yes ma. They're all in Nigeria
VO: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes. I wrote Toefl and GRE
VO: what was your GRE score?
Me: I had 309 in GRE and 4.0 in AWA
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No. I have not had reasons to.

Then she brought out the white paper and the golden words came 'Your visa has been approved and will be processed within 4 business days'...I didn't hear the remaining words. I was already in La La land with my teeth shining like closeup advertisement. Lol. No document was asked. Not even my birth certificate wey I carry go(lol)

I just walked out smiling and feeling like the happiest man in the world.

Lemme share my lil success tips for prospective visa applicants
1. Pray, pray and pray. For indeed without God we can do nothing.
2. Prepare. You just need to prepare. Don't go and do free styling at the embassy oo. Know your course well. Read previous transcripts. I read all the transcripts(both accepted and rejected) in the dropbox link that was dropped here and prepared my own transcript using the responses in the previous interview.
3. I rehearsed my answers oo facing the mirror for like 2 weeks, speaking to myself everyday and watching my eye contact and body posture through the mirror. Pls rehearse and if you can memorize like me, it's an added advantage.
4. Maintain eye contact with the VO. Don't look away for once, smile and speak confidently. I was just smiling like WhatsApp Smiley at the embassy. The visa interview ain't that scary jare.
5. Speak concisely. Don't talk too much. Just give the main points.
6. Fill the DS-160 by yourself. Don't allow one agent to fill in rubbish for you. I guess the VO was asking me some questions based on my DS-160 info.
7. Again, Pray and trust God. If you think the God factor is not involved in this visa tin, na you sabi.

After Finland bounced me last year, God has vindicated me. Make I come dey go Trumpland. Na me and trump go run tins together. Lol

Pls bear with my long epistle. I didn't even know I was asked these much questions until I started typing. Overjoy is doing me ATM.

God bless everyone here who has one way or the other been a blessing to me via their posts.

Wishing all prospective visa applicants success in their interviews.

akins2016, dramaka. I don dey come oo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:19pm On May 16, 2017
mamapee2017:

thanks for the correction ,noted.

Usually they dont ask for bank statement or so the VO has stated here but i guess some VO do ask randomly

I would advice for you to go again. ... prepare very well. GO through all the transcripts here and prepare if you asked any questions and hope for the best . Next time the VO might not ask for account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:26pm On May 16, 2017
funkyQuest:

Thanks so much. I'll do just that.

Let's give the thanks to God..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:28pm On May 16, 2017
Tunnyz7:

It doesn't work that way.. Anytime he login with a new profile and since he have old profile it will be telling him that he has a profile already with that details, one of the reason is that his passport number can't not be appearing twice on that site database and I give kudo to their programmer

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:31pm On May 16, 2017
yinkaorry:
i did oo.it keeps saying "our personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "****@yahoo.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.

There is a way you can get this done and it's very simple..

When you follow the instruction do not login with the new details, you will have to wait for them to authenticate it before you login. Anytime you login before they authenticate it then it will created a new profile for you.

Do you understand now? If you don't send me pm and I can explain over the phone better to you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:41pm On May 16, 2017
joeluv:
Thanks, though on the form it is written Family/individuals sponsor. Does the I-20 show relationship to the student or just the name of sponsor.

You must have sent them a bank statement that shows your family is your sponsor or you are the sponsor since it was written that family/individual sponsor..

If a name was written on your i20 then it's because you sent a bank statement that is not family/individual
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2017
cuspy:
Hi guys!

"Dear Cuspy,

Be over-optimistic. You are gonna be on a good ride. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.