Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,876 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694016 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2017
jeffery23:
Good day great gurus in the house, please I want to find out this,

if the skul am applying to dont request for gre or Gmat, but at the embassy was ask if I write any standadize test and I say no, hope it can't affect them not granting visa?

It wont affect anything...Its a matter of how composed you are answering the question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:48pm On May 16, 2017
Teedawg:

it depends some don't even indicate sponsorship some do I don't know about those that do but it should be generalized as family or company or organization

Note; while filling your d6-160 form you'll have to state the name of sponsor and relationship this is what will be used at the embassy

School indicate sponsor only when you tell them your sponsor is not your parents and I believe that's why they do write the name of the sponsor bank statement sent to them on the applicant i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2017
Silva094:
Good day everyone, please u guys should enlighten me on how to pay my sevis fee near in Nigeria and please how long does it take for i20 to get Nigeria

I am not sure if you can pay sevis here in nigeria. but i can help you pay here. Just Pm me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2017
AAOL:
Good day gurus in the house.

I am aware am quite late seeking admission for school for September entry.

Please check out my profile and advice me on the quickest way to get Master in management admission or an MBA I am looking for cheap schools as well

Bsc. Accounting (CGPA 4.13), 2009

Full Member of CPA Canada and ACCA

Work experience: 5 years in the bank

Available funds: 27k USD

Kindly advise.

Thank you

Go and write a standardize exam. Gmath precisely and apply to schools here. You can get a GA for that your profile. Dont waste time. apply to schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:51pm On May 16, 2017
anodebeanthony:
You would have sorted out the age on your WAEC before sending to the school. I know its 100% possible to change it. I believe its not to late to sort it out and apply another school.

Is not that easy to change date of birth on waec certificate after it has been issued. If you go to waec website you will see it that before results are released applicant who had issued with their date of birth must resolve it if not bo be small thing oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:52pm On May 16, 2017
adeniyi3971:

sincerly I'm yet to. fill an I20 form but I'm sure big brothers and sisters in the house will throw mire light.

Applicants don't fill i20 form because i20 is US government document or paper that the school will issue through the DSO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 12:52pm On May 16, 2017
mamapee2017:

thanks for the correction ,noted.

Reapply..i cant wait to read your success story.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 12:57pm On May 16, 2017
shayhune:
My appointment was slated for 6:30am. Got to the embassy around 5:30am. Had to wait till 6am before the whole process of checking in.
Fast forward. Got in to the main house. Did my fingerprint and waited for the VO to call me. I think it was window 4 or 5. So this is how the interview went:
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
VO: Pass me your passport
VO: So why are you going for this Masters
Me: I'm going for my Masters because I finished my undergraduate study in Computer science and this course will give me a competitive advantage in my field here in Nigeria (Sincerely, I was caught off guard with this question, maybe coz it wasn't asked the way I expected)
VO: So who will be paying for this?
Me: I was awarded a full tuition waiver and a graduate assistantship and my dad will be covering the remaining funds.
VO: So what's the name of your school?
Me: Sorry, I didn't get that question ma
VO: What's the name of the school you're going to?
Me: BGSU
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools
VO: So Why BGSU?
Me: I choose this school because of the amount of quality research being carried out there in the field of Computer Science and Software Engineering. My research interest matches with that of the faculty Dr. Bleep Bleep which is on development of end users software engineering technologies. Hence, I am keen on being part of his research group and learn more. Also, the courses being offered there are designed in such a way that they are more research oriented and it best fits my career growth. (She was just nodding her head like Agama)
VO: What's your research topic?
Me: I'll be working on the development of end user software engineering technologies. This is a research area that aims to invent new kinds of technologies that collaborate with end users to improve the quality of their software. There is a need for this outcome because research shows that the number of end users creating their own softwares greatly exceeds the number of professional developers and that the software they create is riddled with errors. (She nodded her head again. In my mind, I was saying I no dey commot for here without my visa)
VO: Do you work?
Me: Yes ma
VO: Where?
Me: I work as bleep at firm Bleep
VO: So what programming language do you know?
Me: Java, C++, C#, Python
VO: Where did you graduate from?
Me: School bleep
VO: Where did you do your NYSC?
Me: I served at bleep state at an higher institution and worked as a teaching assistant.
VO: How many siblings do you have?
Me: I have bleep siblings
VO: Are they all in Nigeria?
Me: Yes ma. They're all in Nigeria
VO: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes. I wrote Toefl and GRE
VO: what was your GRE score?
Me: I had 309 in GRE and 4.0 in AWA
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No. I have not had reasons to.

Then she brought out the white paper and the golden words came 'Your visa has been approved and will be processed within 4 business days'...I didn't hear the remaining words. I was already in La La land with my teeth shining like closeup advertisement. Lol. No document was asked. Not even my birth certificate wey I carry go(lol)

I just walked out smiling and feeling like the happiest man in the world.

Lemme share my lil success tips for prospective visa applicants
1. Pray, pray and pray. For indeed without God we can do nothing.
2. Prepare. You just need to prepare. Don't go and do free styling at the embassy oo. Know your course well. Read previous transcripts. I read all the transcripts(both accepted and rejected) in the dropbox link that was dropped here and prepared my own transcript using the responses in the previous interview.
3. I rehearsed my answers oo facing the mirror for like 2 weeks, speaking to myself everyday and watching my eye contact and body posture through the mirror. Pls rehearse and if you can memorize like me, it's an added advantage.
4. Maintain eye contact with the VO. Don't look away for once, smile and speak confidently. I was just smiling like WhatsApp Smiley at the embassy. The visa interview ain't that scary jare.
5. Speak concisely. Don't talk too much. Just give the main points.
6. Fill the DS-160 by yourself. Don't allow one agent to fill in rubbish for you. I guess the VO was asking me some questions based on my DS-160 info.
7. Again, Pray and trust God. If you think the God factor is not involved in this visa tin, na you sabi.

After Finland bounced me last year, God has vindicated me. Make I come dey go Trumpland. Na me and trump go run tins together. Lol

Pls bear with my long epistle. I didn't even know I was asked these much questions until I started typing. Overjoy is doing me ATM.

God bless everyone here who has one way or the other been a blessing to me via their posts.

Wishing all prospective visa applicants success in their interviews.

akins2016, dramaka. I don dey come oo grin

Welcome on board and enjoy your stay over there..

Safe trip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:01pm On May 16, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Congrats bro. Wishing you all the best in your new journey.

House, I'm wondering why would VO ask how you'll be paying for studies even tho they can see on their system (sevis ID) that one got full funding. Can anyone decipher why they still pop out that question?
I believe/think they have access to see scholarship/funding once your sevis ID has been slotted into their computer during interview

They ask sily questions like that to see if you know what you are doing or if you get the whole application done yourself or through agent..

Who told you they type the sevis ID into the computer? Don't you know that you give them your i20 and they see it there even without typing the sevis number on the system..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:04pm On May 16, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Well did you not show proof of financial at the school before your i20...although 51k is a lot for 4 years

I think in your cases nobody has the answers .. you just have to prepare and try again

I have answer for him but very complicated answer gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 1:06pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

It doesn't work that way.. Anyone he login with a new profile and since he have old profile it will be telling him that he has a profile already with that details, one of the reason is that his passport number can't not be appearing twice on that site database and I give kudo to their programmer
True
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fabrepass77: 1:09pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=ziggy3579 post=56219996]MOTI GBA VISA
my appointment was for 6:30am in Lagos and i got there early enough.

Hey bro...congrat....
I need your help with the school assistantship.
Whats the name of your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 1:12pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

They ask sily questions like that to see if you know what you are doing or if you get the whole application done yourself or through agent..

Who told you they type the sevis ID into the computer?
Don't you know that you give them your i20 and they see it there even without typing the sevis number on the system..

Some might want to confirm sevis payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:14pm On May 16, 2017
saninwa:

Congrats!
You focused so much on God factor. Make sure you don't turn your back on him when you get to the United States. He is Great indeed.
Welcome On board!!!

Let's hope so and pray for him ooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:15pm On May 16, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

I am aware they do but telling you that they can get details of funding on the i20 without typing on the computer to check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AAOL: 1:16pm On May 16, 2017
texrem:

Go and write a standardize exam. Gmath precisely and apply to schools here. You can get a GA for that your profile. Dont waste time. apply to schools.

Thanks so much Texrem. Please can you assist with a link for schools in US. Is it possible I can get a gmat waiver?. Appreciate bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:17pm On May 16, 2017
mamapee2017:
good evening house,
I was going through the internet in search of visa transcripts and I stumbled this group and it has really been helpful.
l had a visa interview December last year but I was denied under 214 b.
I applied for undergraduate in nursing to Dickinson state university North Dakota
I am 25 will be 26 August.

Me - good morning
Vo- pass me your 1-20
me - OK
VO- how did you know about DSU
Me- through friends , then further research on the internet and I have been in communication with Amy in the international student office.
Vo- who is your sponsor ?n
Me - my mother
Vo - why are your surnames different ?
Me-my parents are not together so I bear my father's name
Vo- pass me your acct statement
me - I passed it
Vo-what does she do ?
me - she lectures
Vo - why is there so much money within a short time
me - I kept quiet and now said that is not all she does
Vo - sorry I can't offer you a visa and gave me the yellow paper.

please help me highlight my mistakes because I deferred the admission to August resumption and possible advice thank you.

Try work on your lapses and fire back because you didn't convince the VO much ans the VO noticed that you are not eligible to be granted the visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by PrinceDekunle: 1:23pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

I am aware they do but telling you that they can get details of funding on the i20 without typing on the computer to check

OK I agree with your point
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:25pm On May 16, 2017
yinkaorry:
Hello house.pls a quick one I am trying to book appointment for F1 visa and I unable to book alone cos i and hubby have booked b1/b2 visa together before and now trying to book F1 visa it keeps bringing both of us to book together again.i can't sign up for another profile cos it keeps referring me to the profile I have under my hubby.pls what can I do.dont know if anyone has experience this .i need to book like right now.thanks

I posted a way out for you on this..

Just check page 200 of this current part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 1:29pm On May 16, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

Sevis payment confirmation is done before the interview proper. Even before fingerprints(biometrics)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by showboy9: 1:34pm On May 16, 2017
Good day, my name is henry based in Lagos. please my friend in America is about to send me invitation later for visit. please i need help because i do not know what to do and the documents needed to secure my visa . i will be happy to get a guideline on what document i needed and what to do. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:37pm On May 16, 2017
showboy9:
Good day, my name is henry based in Lagos. please my friend in America is about to send me invitation later for visit. please i need help because i do not know what to do and the documents needed to secure my visa . i will be happy to get a guideline on what document i needed and what to do. thanks

Visa Officers have stated that invitation letters are not used or accepted .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2017
Greetings Wonderful people,
I just got admitted to Cleveland state university for masters. I want to know how long it will take i20 to drop, I suspect months/weeks , please prospective & current VIKERS help out. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 2:08pm On May 16, 2017
showboy9:
You don't need an invitation letter to secure b1/b2 visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 2:11pm On May 16, 2017
atrapon:
I just got admitted to Cleveland state university for masters. I want to know how long it will take i20 to drop, I suspect months/weeks , please prospective & current VIKERS help out. Thank you
You'll need to send financial proof I.e SOA before i20 can be issued. After its been issued the courier service you use determines when you'll receive it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2017
Tunnyz7:

You'll need to send financial proof I.e SOA before i20 can be issued. After its been issued the courier service you use determines when you'll receive it
even when they are yet to request for it? Thanks for d swift response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 2:15pm On May 16, 2017
atrapon:
They'll definitely request for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 2:15pm On May 16, 2017
Did you get funding?
atrapon:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by burrrnerrr(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2017
Credentials
Gre: 301
TOEFL: 109
2.87/4.0

Got my approval since friday morning ladt week. Just thought i should post this for people that are yet to go.
Got to the embassy 530 am. Was smiling throughout. Everything just seemed like another rehearsal. I kept myself calm by watching the immigration videos on the tv. My vo was the old lady with a very calm voice.
She denied 3 people in front of me but I was still calm. I thought the worst is I will go back to the bank with 64k.
Me. Good morning.
No answer.
Vo. What are you going to do
Me. I'm going to the United States to study for my masters in bla bla at the blak bla university. So I can come back to introduce an alternative method of treatment to patients suffering from functional pathological disorders.
Vo. What is your highest degree of qualification
Me. Bsc in human physiology
Impressed look from her.
Vo. How many schools did you apply to.
Me. 3
Vo. How many admits
Me. 3
Another impressive look
Vo. So you had three options. What made this school different.
Me. It is one of the only seven schools in the world accredited for this course by so so committee.
Vo. Where are you going to stay in the us
Me. School hostel
Vo. Have you gotten space in the hostel cos they are limited.
Me. Not yet but I will apply soon. That's why I'm applying for visa early.
Vo. What do your parents do.
Me. My dad is a petroleum marketer.
Vo. Does he have his own business.
Me. Yes, he has a filling station in Ibadan.
Vo. Do you have any siblings
Me. I have 1 brother and 4 sisters
Vo. Im approving your visa. Come back in three days for your visa

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 2:50pm On May 16, 2017
Since last Friday? #WehDonSir congrats tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 2:58pm On May 16, 2017
atrapon:

if you have been granted admission and already submitted your financial statement then the school either sent it via courier (less than a week) or postal mail (2 weeks or a month Lagos resident or 4 weeks or more or forever if outside Lagos)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 2:59pm On May 16, 2017
PrinceDekunle:

OK I agree with your point

Same here

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.