Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (698929 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by udi2111: 3:00pm On May 16, 2017
burrrnerrr:
Credentials
Gre: 301
TOEFL: 109
2.87/4.0

Got my approval since friday morning ladt week. Just thought i should post this for people that are yet to go.
Got to the embassy 530 am. Was smiling throughout. Everything just seemed like another rehearsal. I kept myself calm by watching the immigration videos on the tv. My vo was the old lady with a very calm voice.
She denied 3 people in front of me but I was still calm. I thought the worst is I will go back to the bank with 64k.
Me. Good morning.
No answer.
Vo. What are you going to do
Me. I'm going to the United States to study for my masters in bla bla at the blak bla university. So I can come back to introduce an alternative method of treatment to patients suffering from functional pathological disorders.
Vo. What is your highest degree of qualification
Me. Bsc in human physiology
Impressed look from her.
Vo. How many schools did you apply to.
Me. 3
Vo. How many admits
Me. 3
Another impressive look
Vo. So you had three options. What made this school different.
Me. It is one of the only seven schools in the world accredited for this course by so so committee.
Vo. Where are you going to stay in the us
Me. School hostel
Vo. Have you gotten space in the hostel cos they are limited.
Me. Not yet but I will apply soon. That's why I'm applying for visa early.
Vo. What do your parents do.
Me. My dad is a petroleum marketer.
Vo. Does he have his own business.
Me. Yes, he has a filling station in Ibadan.
Vo. Do you have any siblings
Me. I have 1 brother and 4 sisters
Vo. Im approving your visa. Come back in three days for your visa
congrats bro. what's the name of the school and were you able to secure a GA or any kind of financial aid because we both have the same profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ark4sunshine(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

Same here

@walspring. I sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 3:07pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

Applicants don't fill i20 form because i20 is US government document or paper that the school will issue through the DSO

thanks sir.. I meant to say Sevis.. I'm still a novice I'm this thing oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2017
Congrats burner. No time is too late.

burrrnerrr:
Credentials
Gre: 301
TOEFL: 109
2.87/4.0

Got my approval since friday morning ladt week. Just thought i should post this for people that are yet to go.
Got to the embassy 530 am. Was smiling throughout. Everything just seemed like another rehearsal. I kept myself calm by watching the immigration videos on the tv. My vo was the old lady with a very calm voice.
She denied 3 people in front of me but I was still calm. I thought the worst is I will go back to the bank with 64k.
Me. Good morning.
No answer.
Vo. What are you going to do
Me. I'm going to the United States to study for my masters in bla bla at the blak bla university. So I can come back to introduce an alternative method of treatment to patients suffering from functional pathological disorders.
Vo. What is your highest degree of qualification
Me. Bsc in human physiology
Impressed look from her.
Vo. How many schools did you apply to.
Me. 3
Vo. How many admits
Me. 3
Another impressive look
Vo. So you had three options. What made this school different.
Me. It is one of the only seven schools in the world accredited for this course by so so committee.
Vo. Where are you going to stay in the us
Me. School hostel
Vo. Have you gotten space in the hostel cos they are limited.
Me. Not yet but I will apply soon. That's why I'm applying for visa early.
Vo. What do your parents do.
Me. My dad is a petroleum marketer.
Vo. Does he have his own business.
Me. Yes, he has a filling station in Ibadan.
Vo. Do you have any siblings
Me. I have 1 brother and 4 sisters
Vo. Im approving your visa. Come back in three days for your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2017
@walspring Good Day to you, pls send me PM I want to ask you some questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 3:23pm On May 16, 2017
joeluv:
Did you get funding?
Not yet, the offer dropped today through d login portal 'CAMPUSNET' .Am yet to get the full offer.Do you have idea of how to apply for GA or any financial aid. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2017
Tunnyz7:

They'll definitely request for it
does it take much time before the request or is there anything I can do from here to make them request for it grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 3:30pm On May 16, 2017
texrem:

It wont affect anything...Its a matter of how composed you are answering the question.

thanks @texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:30pm On May 16, 2017
atrapon:
does it take much time before the request or is there anything I can do from here to make them request for it grin

Ask for your admission packet and when it will be send to you then they will tell you if they need it before issuing it out for you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:31pm On May 16, 2017
kokoboy4life:
@walspring Good Day to you, pls send me PM I want to ask you some questions.

Same to you. I got your pm and I have replied it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:31pm On May 16, 2017
ark4sunshine:

@walspring. I sent u a pm

Your pm has been replied.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:32pm On May 16, 2017
adeniyi3971:

thanks sir.. I meant to say Sevis.. I'm still a novice I'm this thing oo

Alright and let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by atrapon(m): 3:32pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

if you have been granted admission and already submitted your financial statement then the school either sent it via courier (less than a week) or postal mail (2 weeks or a month Lagos resident or 4 weeks or more or forever if outside Lagos)
granted but not submitted .Do I need to send SOA without their request
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adeniyi3971(m): 3:33pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

Alright and let's give the thanks to God
please reply your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:39pm On May 16, 2017
adeniyi3971:

please reply your pm

I just did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:52pm On May 16, 2017
Please i need advice here. What is my chances of getting an f1 visa with a scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by expertman(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2017
segunojo866:
Please i need advice here. What is my chances of getting an f1 visa with a scholarship

It all depend on your profile but Murray state university do gives everyone a part scholarship of 5,000 dollar's.

You can check them out

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 4:02pm On May 16, 2017
Please can someone please help with a description of how to get to the document pick up center in Isolo (from Oshodi) and what documents I need to collect my passport. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Please can someone please help with a description of how to get to the document pick up center in Isolo (from Oshodi) and what documents I need to collect my passport. Thanks

Just go with the white paper...where are you coming from?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:14pm On May 16, 2017
Good pm guys. I need advice because my f1 visa interview is coming very soon. I was denied f1 visa august last year for a low ranked community college in washington state. Am very sure my poor profile was d reason. So i took 9month to improving my test scores and my profile. I have been given admission to study geology at central washington university with a scholarship that covers almost 40% of my tuition fee. My question is what re my chances for my visa to be approved this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 4:15pm On May 16, 2017
texrem:

Just go with the white paper...where are you coming from?
From Gbagada...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 4:16pm On May 16, 2017
Good pm guys. I need advice because my f1 visa interview is coming very soon. I was denied f1 visa august last year for a low ranked community college in washington state. Am very sure my poor profile was d reason. So i took 9month to improving my test scores and my profile. I have been given admission to study geology at central washington university with a scholarship that covers almost 40% of my tuition fee. My question is what re my chances for my visa to be approved this time..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz7: 4:19pm On May 16, 2017
atrapon:
Ask the school for your admission document. It comprises of admission letter, i20. After dt request they'll ask for proof of finances
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
From Gbagada...

Get to oshodi isale and take a bus from oshodi to isolo (the address on your paper).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Silva094: 4:49pm On May 16, 2017
Please my waec results carry a different DOB with my other credentials, please what are my possible problem that will arise due to it.
Secondly please how can I pay for my sevis fee in nigeria?
Please am a novice so I will every explanation to be detailed thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 5:00pm On May 16, 2017
My I-20 was just sent in today. However, my middle name was not included in it.
Should I go ahead with the visa registration or request a new one?

P.S: My middle name is in my international passport

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by burrrnerrr(m): 6:14pm On May 16, 2017
udi2111:
congrats bro. what's the name of the school and were you able to secure a GA or any kind of financial aid because we both have the same profile.

Not yet. SIUE. I hope I get one soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 6:15pm On May 16, 2017
Any new testimony from abuja consulate and also is that tall white lady in d first counter still in d embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2017
segunojo866:
Good pm guys. I need advice because my f1 visa interview is coming very soon. I was denied f1 visa august last year for a low ranked community college in washington state. Am very sure my poor profile was d reason. So i took 9month to improving my test scores and my profile. I have been given admission to study geology at central washington university with a scholarship that covers almost 40% of my tuition fee. My question is what re my chances for my visa to be approved this time..
I don't think anybidy can tell if your visa would be approved. But try to read past VISA transcripts and build your confidence from there.
But since you have switched to a university and even got some funding, it shows you stand a better chance. Just convince the VO how you intend to raise the remaining fees and expenses.
Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nattyjay(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2017
Walspring:

I just did
Pls reply ur pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:21pm On May 16, 2017
segunojo866:

Your chances plenty if you meet the admission requirement because that's how scholarship are granted to applicants
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:21pm On May 16, 2017
nattyjay:

Pls reply ur pm

I just replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.