Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693799 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

Please stop asking people to pm you for an interview, try as much as you can to answer question regarding interviews openly here, this is an interactive forum.

There is nothing about visa interview that can not be discussed openly here

Thank you.

Hunmmn so many people have gained tremendously by the precious time taken by texrem and others to coach for interview.... not everyone wants to share their personal stuff here but are more open to discuss generic non personal questions

Why would u want to discourage this that has helped others....

18 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
chinemomah2020
I guess you don't know how to use the "quote" button properly; so in that case why don't you just type the approved person's username and say congratulations like Imperriouxx does? You don't have to quote the entire post!!

Modified: After quoting you, I observed that it could be your account. So you may just do it this way I did it next time: type the person's username and say congratutions. No need to quote the entire post. It makes us this this is another transcript not know sey na u dey quote.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aamstih: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
Baba. you need to pick yourself up, dust off the past and refire! How have you been?

Renewable0216:

Interestingly, I just saw this.

Sorry Bro, I got really discouraged after the school refused to provide ANY funding for the first year. I was asked to provide a balance of over $30k for them to issue I-20. They, however, sounded like there's assurance of funding after the first year.

Sadly, other applications didn't turn out well too.

Got really discouraged.

Not sure where to pick up from? Any ideas

Sorry if I bashed in the midst of some discussion, I just saw this quote and thought to reply it.

Thanks guys!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Airich01(m): 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
I percieve that what you are trying to say is that your friend got admitted and she's got the visa and she cannot travel for summer 2017 but wants to go for spring 2018. Now here's the thing ,she can only use that visa if,only if her spring resumption date falls within the six month that she's supposed to travel and by travel i mean the time-frame with which she's suppose to have gone through customs and stuff like that...

but if she defers it and her resumption date doesn't fall within those six months or at least two weeks late..
( I say two weeks late cos' i've read on some websites where people testified to this and them being accepted at the POE).
You have to know that the U.S visa is like a permit,which if you fail to obey teir rule they can revoke it. All in all it's best for her to go within 6 months of her visa approval,also these must tally with the six months...
1. The fact that her getting to the POE must be within thirty days ealier of her start of classes.
2. At most 2 weeks late after her start of classes..
Anything aside these which cannot be explicitly explained would not be considered.
etyno:
hello house, great work going on here, I read this thread everyday and I tell you, it has become a part of me
. A friend has an issue, she needs your help.
my friend has gotten her F1 visa to attend a four year course. At this time, her passport would expire more than 6months to the end of her program.

The problem now is that, due to some personal and urgent reasons, she has to differ her admission from fall to spring 2017.
but her passport would expire only 4 months after her program that stands in spring.

according to US law, one should have a passport valid for more than 6months to the time one's program ought to end.
would this pose a problem at the point of entry? would she need to renew her passport before leaving Nigeria? or would she have to reapply for a fresh interview. pls advice urgently needed.

cc Lagosismyhome, textrem, walspring....ball the gurus in the house. plzzzz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
Airich01:
I percieve that what you are trying to say is that your friend got admitted and she's got the visa and she cannot travel for summer 2017 but wants to go for spring 2017. .

Spring is January 2017 sumner like June 2017.. so i am not sure how the above works when summer comes after spring

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Airich01(m): 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Spring is January 2017 sumner like June 2017.. so i am not sure how the above works when summer comes after spring
I made a mistake with that i thought i typed 2018. lemme correct that.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hunmmn so many people have gained tremendously by the precious time taken by texrem and others to coach for interview.... not everyone wants to share their personal stuff here but are more open to discuss generic non personal questions

Why would u want to discourage this that has helped others....

There have been many success visa interview stories here before this strange idea of private mock interview thing started, so you can not attribute recent success to mock interview.

This thread is 8yrs old with huge success stories and this mock interview thing started just last year or so.

1.What it is about visa interview that can only be discussed in private and not here?

2. What is that tremendous thing that can only be gained in private interview that is not possible here? Can you name any?

This thread is the fastest growing thread in this section and that is because people make their contributions here and not in private.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by thibcyrain: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
sassy92:
Good day everyone I've been following this thread and it's quite informative. Please I have a few questions:
- I wish to apply for a Masters by Fall 2018. I've started preparing for GRE. Please where do I register and write here in Nigeria? I need contact details of genuine centers coz I've heard scam stories?
- do I write TOEFL or IELTS? Which is preferable?
- I want to do a Masters by Research in a Canadian university so that I can proceed to PhD afterwards. Most schools insist that one secures a research supervisor from the school before granting admission. Please anyone with experience should put me through to how to go about it. Thanks!

We are both in the same shoes. I registered via BY mafit for 50k two days ago. I don't think you have to find a research supervisor before admission. I suspect that allows in Canada where you need a supervisor if you are going for a research based program.

On the other hand you can send mails to the grad co-ordinators to confirm if a language test is a requisite for your prospective course.

You need plenty ingenuity to search for schools.You can also send faculties to ask them you like to work with them. They have funding to fund their research team mate.

I hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

There have been many success visa interview stories here before this strange idea of private mock interview thing started, so you can not attribute recent success to mock interview.

This thread is 8yrs old with huge success stories and this mock interview thing started just last year or so.

1.What it is about visa interview that can only be discussed in private and not here?

2. What is that tremendous thing that can only be gained in private interview that is not possible here? Can you name any?

This thread is the fastest growing thread in this section and that is because people make their contributions here and not in private.
I beg to defer Sir, a mock interview (which is the main reason why Texrem asks to be pmed) gives an opportunity of a real time practice of your prepared responses. Texrem does not charge for this, and encourages both successful and delayed applicants to share their experiences and transcripts on this forum. I am positive his interest is not to lure people away from the forum, as may be your fear, but to see more people succeed (more then the previous successes you referred to).

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mitchely:
I beg to defer Sir, a mock interview gives an opportunity of a real time practice of your prepared responses. Texrem does not charge for this, and encourages both successful and delayed applicants to share their experiences and transcripts on this forum. I am positive his interest is not to lure people away from the forum, as may be your fear, but to see more people succeed (more then the previous successes you referred to).

What exactly does that mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

What exactly does that mean?
The same way a football team gets on the field and practices strategies and tactics to improve possibility of success. They could have just sat down to discuss such strategies. In my opinion, nothing beats a preparation for any test that creates a similar scenario to the actual test

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mitchely:
The same way a football team gets on the field and practices strategies and tactics to improve possibility of success. They could have just sat down to discuss such strategies. In my opinion, nothing beats a preparation for any test that creates a similar scenario to the actual test

This football team has been winning because they discus their strategies openly and allow team mates to contribute, so there is no need for a new coach to start coaching individual players one-on-one in private

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gaviria: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

Coaching someone would not work well if it has to be done on the website. So many people with different issues, imagine posting your answers to all the probable questions, and having people edit it and post it here after correction. It won't work well. We'll be in part 12 or 13 already if that's the case. Some people need personal coaching, and I believe if pms aren't permitted and supported by the platform, the opportunity to do that won't be provided.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
gaviria:

Coaching someone would not work well if it has to be done on the website. So many people with different issues, imagine posting answers to all the possible questions, and having people edit it and post it here after correction. It won't work well. Some people need personal coaching, and I believe if pms aren't permitted and supported by the platform, the opportunity to do that won't be provided.

It works as many have gotten visas here before mock interview thing and open university which is a long distance learning system also works as many degree holders today went through that route.

So your assertion is not correct.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

This football team has been winning because they discus their strategies openly and allow team mates to contribute, so there is no need for a new coach to start coaching individual players one-on-one in private
Sure, the team has been winning, but with still some delay cases. Any idea that can increase the winning rate should be welcomed if it does not go against the rules of the forum. What is your main concern?

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by adewotired: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

Well, if Nairaland can create calling features, mock interviews(which require oral interaction) would be possible on here.

What is the use of private messages if they are not meant to be used?

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mitchely:
Sure, the team has been winning, but with still some delay cases. Any idea that can increase the winning rate should be welcomed if it does not go against the rules of the forum. What is your main concern?

Its an anti traffic and a selfish idea which benefits very few people. If the idea is shared in public here many will benefit.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
adewotired:

Well, if Nairaland can create calling features, mock interviews(which require oral interaction) would be possible on here.

What is the use of private messages if they are not meant to be used?

I know, nairalander hasn't tried enough, they also need to also pay your school fees and get you a job after graduation

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
sobastical:

Hahaha, you sef
cheesy the VO for student ehh she harsh die.. Any mistake oyo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

I know, nairalander hasn't tried enough, they also need to also pay your school fees and get you a job after graduation

and how does this statement come into the picture, sir?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mitchely: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Its an anti traffic and a selfish idea which benefits very few people. If the idea is shared in public here many will benefit.
The subject of debate is pm for mock interview, not pm for an idea. It can only be anti traffic if the forum has the same facility (mock interview feature) that is been diverted. The same person encourages people to share freely on the platform, and does so himself. Where in lies the diversion?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Sir I get your point but with all due respect all the private mock interviews that have been going on before now hasn't in any way hinder the progress of this thread . we do it privately and still comeback here to contribute. ..there are a some things that cant be done here openly such as transactions . I believe the pm was created for a reason to so its our right to decide where we choose share our information as its suits our comfortability ..there are some personal stuff that goes on behind the scene that need not be discussed openly . there's a different between the past and the future we cannot continue to use old methods to tackle the same challenges .. we are evolving tongue grin wink

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Renewable0216:

Interestingly, I just saw this.

Sorry Bro, I got really discouraged after the school refused to provide ANY funding for the first year. I was asked to provide a balance of over $30k for them to issue I-20. They, however, sounded like there's assurance of funding after the first year.

Sadly, other applications didn't turn out well too.

Got really discouraged.

Not sure where to pick up from? Any ideas

Sorry if I bashed in the midst of some discussion, I just saw this quote and thought to reply it.

Thanks guys!

wink Be Strong, your Testimony is Coming....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
Teedawg:

Sir I get your point but with all due respect all the private mock interviews that have been going on before now hasn't in any way hinder the progress of this thread . we do it privately and still comeback here to contribute. ..there are a some things that cant be done here openly such as transactions . I believe the pm was created for a reason to so its our right to decide where we choose share our information as its suits our comfortability ..there are some personal stuff that goes on behind the scene that need not be discussed openly . there's a different between the past and the future we cannot continue to use old methods to tackle the same challenges .. we are evolving tongue grin wink

Ok, we will see how that pans out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
Abimmbolar:

Yes oooo gringrin grin bros

Yes oooo grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
justwise:

Ok, we will see how that pans out.
lol haba bros no be fight now let us settle this amicably wink abi human right is relative in NL neh ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
Timi1990:

Most of them don't even know anything about Sevis and when you mention paying on behalf of someone in Nigeria; na the RED FLAG be that. I prefer using Postal Money order tho.

Lol... Money order nah wasting of time ooo.. Nothing bad to fill the form and give them, There is no need to talk to much when paying sevis when you are using quick pay..

Most of them might not know it as sevis but most of they will process what they have on the teller as long as its going within US and not outside US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
iCool:

grin I don't know what you and Chapecoense are talking about.

As dem deh arrange us for queue, I deh always end up behind her - simple! smiley

Lol.... No mind us we just dey hail you niooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
anodebeanthony:
Which do you prefer, using eshipglobal or DHL?

under eshipglobal there are DHL, Fedex and UPS, eshipglobal nah like agency to the school via DHL, Fedex and UPS, eshipglobal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
anodebeanthony:
So I should go with Eshipglobal? Because FedEx on eshipglobal is $66

is this price for within US or from US to Nigeria ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
WilliamKhan:
WalspLagosi grin

Gentlemen and Ladies of GSUVE,
Please who is in Houston Texas?

@bold
Lol.... Nah new moniker be this

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.