Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693734 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hello. Did you msg the dean and prog director? Did you send plenty mails to Finaid and call them? They need to give you something. smiley

I guess the fees should be about 20k per year or less. If they give you half, can you take care of the rest? Or you want to wait and try for full offer next cycle? What opportunities do you have concerning RA/TAships to earn money while schooling?.
Do you belong to their fb page for admitted students, you will get plenty tips there. (I learnt about hostel scholarship from fb grp)

Just check every every before you back out. No harm trying again, be sure you have exhausted all options at this time.

Renewable0216:

Interestingly, I just saw this.

Sorry Bro, I got really discouraged after the school refused to provide ANY funding for the first year. I was asked to provide a balance of over $30k for them to issue I-20. They, however, sounded like there's assurance of funding after the first year.

Sadly, other applications didn't turn out well too.

Got really discouraged.

Not sure where to pick up from? Any ideas

Sorry if I bashed in the midst of some discussion, I just saw this quote and thought to reply it.

Thanks guys!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
Walspring:

Lol.... No mind us we just dey hail you niooo
Baba why you dey do this nah? No reply to my email and I'm still waiting...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
tayonani:
thanks bro, I have reply u sir, pls send ur no, I will call

I also replied your pm too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
gaviria:

Twoods sir, if you don't mind me asking what school did you go? I know you left school a long time now. But I'd just like to know because it'll open up another level of enlightenment for me. Thanks sir.

That's private information. grin but I'll tell you it was the top program in my field.

By the way, I am probably the same age as some of you here... I just went through school faster. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
yemiosinbajo:

Baba why you dey do this nah? No reply to my email and I'm still waiting...

I replied your email this afternoon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hushee:

Ah! Pastor Wake, kilode?

Who ordain the pastor

Abeg small small ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
Biggy911:
Please GURUS in USA:
Is it TRUE we can NO longer pay SEVIS Fees using Western Union Quick-Pay from Overseas like USA, UK or Saudi Arabia

No this is not true. Some people and their fake rumor.. make God help us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
Walspring:

That was this morning. I sent you another one this afternoon and it's very urgent cos there may be stories that touch tomorrow which I wouldn't like. So pls check now and reply so I can decide immediately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by WilliamKhan(m): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
Walspring:

@bold
Lol.... Nah new moniker be this
Walspring + Lagosismyhome = WalspLagosi grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Biggy911:
Dear All,
Is the GRE Online Score Report Print-out sufficient for Visa Interview?
Because i did not received any Hard copy at the Home address dropped when registering.

Yes its very enough and just put your user name and password on it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yemiosinbajo: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Walspring:

Baba I beg no vex o, but I hope you understand sey I dey fear sey make the thing no go increase beyond my power.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
jvof231:
I have an innocent question house, pls can reapply first week in July? Cos this admission must not waste

You can re fire any day at any time..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Folsy:
Hello guyz... I heard a rumour that Qatar Airways is not allowed to disembark in the USA, PLS is this true?

It is not rumor but there is a news related to that few weeks on months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by zendmann: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
TWoods:

That's private information. grin but I'll tell you it was the top program in my field.

By the way, I am probably the same age as some of you here... I just went through school faster. wink
Oga talk na make we know if na MIT... lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
TWoods:

Lmaoo..Big lie. Well lets just say I did some digging and I found out some info. Some of us should be calling you uncle while some should be calling you daddy. The name of your school starts with R, the 7th letter in your company's name is O and your position starts with T. Tell me I am wrong. One thing I am good at is Research. Most times I am never wrong.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

May your eye continue to open to many great things...... Only good news from here
Congrats , God bless your new journey

Amen ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Hunmmn so many people have gained tremendously by the precious time taken by texrem and others to coach for interview.... not everyone wants to share their personal stuff here but are more open to discuss generic non personal questions

Why would u want to discourage this that has helped others....

I beg to differ for the following reasons:

1. F1 student visa interviews did not start last week. They've been in existence long before some of us were born... ergo a mock interview is no guarantee of visa success.

2. There is no reliable statistics to indicate that success level significantly increases with a mock interview.

3. A mock interview is not needed if you're truthful and a bonafide student. The questions asked simply pertain to your selected school, major and career plans. You only need a mock for prepared (usually false) answers.

4. VOs are highly trained to spot canned answers.

Bottom line, there is zero benefit to mock interviews.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Sleek004:
Visa approved today 7am today windows 3.....if you destined to travel..talk rubbish and you will be granted

God the Alpha and Omega..He does things in his time and He showed Himself Mightly

would like to thank Mr Daniel sadiq..he gave me lots and lots of mock interview, he even ginger me untop say make I no fear..

would also thank texrem..u are indeed a blessing baba..I would fix mock interview with him only for me to sleep off not once,not 2ce, not 3ce..he still never gave up me,still called me early this morning to give me tips

would also tank tunaldo for he's tips also..I appreciate

lastly lagosismyhome..sister u opened my eyes to know I had to buckle up which I did ..I thank you

transcript loading.. p.s I said some funny things

Only God can go what no man can't do.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
femi321:
Lmaoo..Big lie. Well lets just say I did some digging and I found out some info. Some of us should be calling you uncle while some should be calling you daddy. [b]The name of your school starts with R, the 7th letter in your company's name is O and your position starts with T. [/b]Tell me I am wrong. One thing I am good at is Research. Most times I am never wrong.

shocked shocked shocked shocked over and out! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
TWoods:

shocked shocked shocked shocked over and out! grin
Don't worry, its not my place to say.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
ProfOjah1234:
Congratulations My nigga.. @Fredoricko.

Oya come and share your transcript..

buddie weytin dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
femi321:
Well, if the person's phone number is included..There shouldn't be any problem

Yes because those people at post office will call
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
WilliamKhan:

Walspring + Lagosismyhome = WalspLagosi grin

I knew and that was why i asked if that is the new moniker?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
rattlesnake:

Only an ORACLE will understand this question e too hard kindly rephrase pls

Nah 3g Oracle or which of the Oracle ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Correction.....although normally i would have ignored

I never paid anyone wes, application or visa fee in exchange of naira . I don't need naira .

However those that are paying for others from what i noticed give a good rate and are doing it more as a service to help a fellow naija. If you think anyone here makes profit then you have deep issues that only you can sort out .

Sometimes there are some post that doesn't need reply at all because if you do they think you are defend yourself.

Some people are funny and crazy and they believe everyone are the same in character and attitude..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by opechy(f): 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hi everyone!
Opinions kindly needed on a travel issue. My friend got his B1/B2 denied recently but gained admission to a school in the US almost at the same time. The controversy is if it's advisable to reapply on F1 anytime soon or stick to B1/B2 and hopefully he could change to F1 when he gets to the US. Meanwhile, his initial denial was because he claimed to have travelled before but mo proof on his passport as he had the stamped passport stolen. He has a copy of his visa but didn't present it to the consular. Should he go back on B1 and see if he can find a way to show proof? Sorry for the epistle but candid opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
adewotired:

Well, if Nairaland can create calling features, mock interviews(which require oral interaction) would be possible on here.

What is the use of private messages if they are not meant to be used?
This is deep tho! statement of the year!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
TWoods:

I beg to differ for the following reasons:

1. F1 student visa interviews did not start last week. They've been in existence long before some of us were born... ergo a mock interview is no guarantee of visa success.

2. There is no reliable statistics to indicate that success level significantly increases with a mock interview.

3. A mock interview is not needed if you're truthful and a bonafide student. The questions asked simply pertain to your selected school, major and career plans. You only need a mock for prepared (usually false) answers.

4. VOs are highly trained to spot canned answers.

Bottom line, there is zero benefit to mock interviews.

You are 100% wrong. If US interview is all about the truth, no one will even need this forum.
You can say all the truth you want and can still be denied.

Just pick these two scenarions. Had 2 cousins who went for interview.

Scenario 1: Do you have any relatives in the US?
Cousin 1: (told the truth) I have 2 uncles and an auntie there.
VO: you don't have strong ties to suggest you will come back. Denied

Cousin 2: Same question. (Lied) No family members. He plans to come back after graduation (false).
VO: Approved.

Is not all about the truth. I believe they sometimes unintentionally penalize those who tell the truth. What is a student's offense to have a relative residing in the US? But you get screwed up for that at times. Is all about strategy.

Action and reaction. It is called an interview for a purpose. You need to prepare adequately not just reading transcripts. Same thing we do for job interviews.

Allow people to do what works for them.

22 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
Walspring:

Lol... Money order nah wasting of time ooo.. Nothing bad to fill the form and give them, There is no need to talk to much when paying sevis when you are using quick pay..

Most of them might not know it as sevis but most of they will process what they have on the teller as long as its going within US and not outside US

cheesy for my side here; anytime i walk into Regions to make payment, they keep looking at the printed coupon as if na calculus & algebra dem use write am inside the paper. Maybe I should try another bank next time sha smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
ridsan4real:

This is deep tho! statement of the year!
is it advisable to buck 11th of July for interview when the school will resume 10th of August
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
is it advisable to buck 11th of July for interview when the school will resume 10th of August
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
successflow:

Nothing wrong there.. As long as you will have enough time to travel and meet up with ur school's orientation date which is like a week before the actual resumption date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.