Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695828 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2017
Eid Mubarak!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folsy(f): 9:11am On Jun 25, 2017
Walspring:

If your cash is more than $10,000 that is &10,001 you will have to declare it before boarding and there is no crime in declaring your cash as long as it's meant for a genuine purpose

Fantastic! Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:05am On Jun 25, 2017
abnice2004:

My Oga na preparation tins. Work no allow her prepare well . If u suggest a tutorial center I go dey happy. Thanks for your comment bro

I completely understand, with her GPA I believe she can make a better score with more preparation. Work, family, church activities (if she's a Christian), lack of good preparation materials because they cost good are not just available, high cost and snail speed data, PHCN - no power on laptop to read or practice tests, noise from neighbour - worst if your neighbours are CAC churches with services 24/7 or Redeem using public address systems (loud speakers) for night vigils, the list is endless.
What I will suggest however is for her to come to this thread and read from people's experiences. A good place to start is https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/249#1832477.7983
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:13am On Jun 25, 2017
seeker88:

GRE scores are dependent on the amount of preparation channelled into it and not directly proportional to one's CGPA. So it's definitely not a disgrace, perhaps, she didn't prepare well before taking d test.
Haven't u seen First Class student performing bad on d GRE?

I don't question her abilities. Her score could be low for many reasons, that doesn't mean she can't do better next time. The gentleman came for opinion and I offered my honest opinion, that the score cannot fly. She already scaled the first hurdle, a good GPA. Why not encourage her to scale the GRE hurdle too? When I said "disgrace", I meant that the GRE score is embarrassing to that GPA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:19am On Jun 25, 2017
Kagame:

This is false and misleading. I know people with less than stellar profiles (GRE and CGPA) who got full funding. If she can rewrite the GRE,it increases her chances, at least with top schools,but even with her current profile,a lot of schools can still offer her full funded admission.

It's left for her to aim higher or settle for less.

Misleading? You are the one misleading here. The bolded for one is a lie from the pit of hell. Stop the reference to fictitious people. From part 1 to part 11 of this thread, thousands of posts, no one ever claimed to receive full funding with that score. Please don't stand in the way of others success. She clearly has the ability to do better, encourage her to do so otherwise she will be here this time next year lamenting on securing admissions without funding.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 10:31am On Jun 25, 2017
yemiosinbajo:

Ah, you don dey scare me o. Dem bomb Egypt airplane or airport?

this bros no dey watch news!! Wey dem domb Russian Jet from Sharm Sheik airport, egypt enroute Moscow in late 2015 ; go with your mind o. make I no scare u.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/russian-plane-crash-egyptian-airline-mechanic-allegedly-detained-in-connection-with-the-downing-of-a6842801.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pingjosh(m): 11:02am On Jun 25, 2017
@Lagosismyhome and @Walspring Kindly follow me back here pls......thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 11:09am On Jun 25, 2017
sassy92:
Good day everyone I've been following this thread and it's quite informative. Please I have a few questions:
- I wish to apply for a Masters by Fall 2018. I've started preparing for GRE. Please where do I register and write here in Nigeria? I need contact details of genuine centers coz I've heard scam stories?
- do I write TOEFL or IELTS? Which is preferable?
- I want to do a Masters by Research in a Canadian university so that I can proceed to PhD afterwards. Most schools insist that one secures a research supervisor from the school before granting admission. Please anyone with experience should put me through to how to go about it. Thanks!

There are many reputable educational outfits that you can register. I will advise you to take TOEFL for its objectivity. IELTS is subjective esp the Speaking. Are you referring to PhD supervision or Masters? You don't need any supervisor ahead of your Master only PhD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folatush(f): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

I don't question her abilities. Her score could be low for many reasons, that doesn't mean she can't do better next time. The gentleman came for opinion and I offered my honest opinion, that the score cannot fly. She already scaled the first hurdle, a good GPA. Why not encourage her to scale the GRE hurdle too? When I said "disgrace", I meant that the GRE score is embarrassing to that GPA.

GRE is not a function of your GPA, its your preparation and God entirely. She can get funding and TA, with that score I got TA and tution waiver with that score, lets not be too harsh. If she can write again it is very good. i couldn't do that because of my job and all.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 11:57am On Jun 25, 2017
Dollypop34:

Someone should please help me, give me guides on my issue. I will really appreciate every contributions. Thanks

You didn't answer the question. Why this course? You should be able to give convincing arguments. It's not What did you study in your first degree? I intend to be a full-time Political and public admin lecturer after my graduation with the prospect of joining a full time politics to serve my people in govern...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Misleading? You are the one misleading here. The bolded for one is a lie[b] from the pit of hell.[/b] stop the reference to fictitious people. From part 1 to part 11 of this thread, thousands of posts, no one ever claimed to receive full funding with that score. Please don't stand in the way of others success. She clearly has the ability to do better, encourage her to do so otherwise she will be here this time next year lamenting on securing admissions without funding.
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
abnice2004:

My Oga na preparation tins. Work no allow her prepare well . If u suggest a tutorial center I go dey happy. Thanks for your comment bro

Why not organize private instructors for her? I can suggest tested and trusted instructors if interested, PM me,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Misleading? You are the one misleading here. The bolded for one is a lie from the pit of hell. Stop the reference to fictitious people. From part 1 to part 11 of this thread, thousands of posts, no one ever claimed to receive full funding with that score. Please don't stand in the way of others success. She clearly has the ability to do better, encourage her to do so otherwise she will be here this time next year lamenting on securing admissions without funding.

I dont support low score , best to redo if anybody can or neither am i commenting on this post ...

Just wanted to point out this person i know personally from a previous post. It been closed now so i cannot quote the transcript . Transcript posted July 2016 part 9

he got full funding with this profile .

Profile:
GPA: 3.61/4.00
GRE: 291.
Course: Computer Information Systems (Ms)
GA: Full

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Folatush:

GRE is not a function of your GPA, its your preparation and God entirely. She can get funding and TA, with that score I got TA and tution waiver with that score, lets not be too harsh. If she can write again it is very good. i couldn't do that because of my job and all.

Thanks jare madam; I didn't have up to that CGPA and my GRE was 299 but got TA and tuition waiver in 2015. It depends on so many things. It's a holistic thing. However, a good GRE score can put you in good stead.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fatezee(f): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I dont support low score best to redo if anybody can or neither am i commenting on this post ...

Just wanted to point out this person i know personally from a previous post. It been closed now so i cannot quote the transcript . Transcript posted July 2016 part 9

Profile:

I Just read the guy's story very interesting..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I dont support low score , best to redo if anybody can or neither am i commenting on this post ...

Profile:
This is person u are talking about
https://www.nairaland.com/3103711/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/316#47825103
His moniker is masquellett

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ecoleco: 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
freslinkz:
Good morning all, Please how can one make payment for sevis fee in Nigeria?

Search Nairaland for TOSJAMES or OLUDARE01. They both help with that. I was helped by TOSJAMES.

I also saw WALSPRING saying he can help too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Profile:

Actually you can still access posts in part 9. Here's a link to posts from part 9 starting from 1st July. https://www.nairaland.com/3103711/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/203#47087231

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
234ng44uk:

Actually you can still access posts in part 9. Here's a link to posts from part 9 starting from 1st July. https://www.nairaland.com/3103711/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/203#47087231
Oga, please go to this link and check yourself..
https://www.nairaland.com/3103711/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/316#47825103
His moniker is masquellett.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
Side eyes....person no fit quote again in peace without all you researcher.

I gave one example stylishly without putting full details out there intentionally..... i know d person quite well so could post full details but didnt............ within moment una don fish out the post, another post moniker, link this and that .... world people. I greet una angry angry

grin..lol

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
ridsan4real:
Eid Mubarak!

Eid Mubarak to you too

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I gave one example stylishly without putting full details out there intentionally..... i know d person quite well so could post full details but didnt............ within moment una don fish out the post, another post moniker, link this and that .... world people. I greet una angry angry

grin..lol

Oga madam!
I needed to post d link in order to avoid unnecessary "heated" argument concerning applicants with low GRE scores that got GA/TA...
Apologies!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
abnice2004:
Good morning to everyone in the house. Base on what I have always been reading here about writing GRE to get scholarship, I encouraged my sis to write it and she got 294 and she has 4.22 Cgpa over 5. Pls What are the chances of her getting a full scholarship with this profile? Which school can she apply to in order to get full scholarship? Should she rewrite the GRE? She is preparing for next year fall. Thank you.
To add to what others have said, Let her re-write GRE. Its not just about getting full funding in anyhow school just to leave Nigeria, its more than full funding.Forget the notion we used to have that once you leave Nigeria, you have made it. The difference is just that, with hard work and God's grace; one can make it in the western world. She needs to think about life after school, what next? There are some schools you will attend and you don't have put in too much work to get a job while some, you will have to hustle your way there. Life after school is the real deal. With that her CGPA, she isn't dull, she can ace the GRE with proper preparation. With a GRE of >310 and that cgpa, coupled with good LOR,SOP, she can apply to any school except the IVY leagues (Even at that, she can still dream. A man that has no dream is a dead man).

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy very funny. It shows how flexible and easy accessing an information can be.

LagosismyHome:

grin..lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
cmbagwu:
cheesy cheesy cheesy very funny. It shows how flexible and easy accessing an information can be.

True.. grin grin that a good way to look at it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
ridsan4real:

Oga madam!
I needed to post d link in order to avoid unnecessary "heated" argument concerning applicants with low GRE scores that got GA/TA...
Apologies!

Apologises ke.... no offence taken. Na sunday jokes cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ridsan4real(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Apologises ke.... no offence taken. Na sunday jokes cheesy
As your lordship pleases! lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
ridsan4real:

Oga, please go to this link and check yourself..
His moniker is masquellett.

Oga, read my earlier post. I said "Her only bet are schools that do not accept GRE". And clearly
Kean University does not. So with 0 GRE masquellet would still gain admission and funding perhaps. Let's call a spade a spade, enough of this unnecessary debate, 291 will never ever secure full funding in a school that requires GRE.

http://grad.kean.edu/masters-programs/computer-information-systems
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OjaP: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

grin..lol

No one is anonymous. People will dig and know who you are. They will even tell you what you will eat tomorrow night. They are bad like that cheesy

I fear my people. Me sef greet una oo grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lasun01: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
To God be the glory, i am glad i will be part of those that will share their testimony on the student visa. Doing this on behalf of my wife cos she is the student. Visa approved on 20th June at Lagos embassy.
Transcript
VO: Good morning
WIFEY: Morning
VO: What courses will you be taking?
WIFEY:GIS, ecological restoration, Clean energy..etc
VO: Why this school?
WIFEY: I’m keen on joining Prof Bleep research group because she has an ongoing research that matches mine. I currently work on research on water treatment for rural areas. My research is on xxxxx which I believe will tremendously reduce the alarming rate of water borne diseases through polluted water in rural areas. I intend to have a pilot test in 3rd quarter in 2019 in Bleep community.
VO: How many schools did you apply to
WIFEY: Two
VO: I will be approving your visa, hands over whitepaper to me.

Hints: Pray, pray and continue to pray, it is never too much.I am a living testimony. Research and practice often.Many thanks to all great minds in this wonderful forum for your inspiration and guidance.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tobe4real(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.