Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49836 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Scalord: 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
I love the way Humans fight the battle of their so called 'God' smiley
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
sleek82:
I am sorry to tell you this....you may not get anybody to tell you what you want to hear but let me analyse this to you.....you said the seat is for protocol (this tells me you knew it was for protocol) regardless of how many protocols seat there every sunday (it still doesnt mean its the same number that sat last week that will seat this week)...you probably were treated that way because they thought you should know better as you are not a new member of the church. Im sure if this was your first time in this church, you wouldn't have sat there or you would have gladly sat somewhere else after they told you to.....you might feel they embarrassed you but honestly, you brought it upon yourself. I may feel the same way if i were in your shoes but reflecting back, i would know i was wrong in the first place

Thanks. I think you made sense, constructively. Appreciated.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by obstead200(m): 8:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Noo. That know protocol na. It's always just one lady who sits there. She's to direct new comers and all that... Moreover, she only sits when new comers are being announced. No one was sitting there when I did. An elderly woman sat with me, they didn't say nothing to her oo. What if the church was filled up? Won't they create that space for people?
Ok lemme help u.
When a church reserve seat for protocol, that means such seats are reserved in case some VIP (governor, commissioner, ambassador, pastor from another church etc) visits the church. It will guarantee that they get a place to sit no matter how late they arrive. And the pastor would like to accord them some respect and maybe recognise them in the course of the service.

Now take that ur personality disorder, enter the nearest vehicle to bar beach, tie the disorder around ur neck (am sure it must be quite heavy) and then just jump into the ocean.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dadexcel: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
luminouz:

It seemed a lotta guys here failed ssce English..... He said an older woman sat with him but was not asked to stand up....why was d op alone told to go to d back n not DAT woman too?
......... You that passed GCE should have known that the Usher was only doing his job of organising people according to areas they are are meant to site, if the usher sends him him somewhere else then then there must be a reason for it and to someone that is in Church to genuinely seek God that should not be a problem. God bless you.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Charleynmuo: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.
Babe..ur sense level is raised to d power 1 million..tel dem
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
KingOfThePay:
OP you did the right thing. A church is not a social gathering where people are categorized or given preference base on status or protocols whatsoever -but a place of worship, therefore there is no such things as preference on where member should sit. Only the pastor and anointed men of God should have a preferred stated area of sitting around the alter.
To those saying OP did wrong or embarrassed himself whatsoever, I simply don't know how to classify you all. Low esteem and status

Thank you Sir. Right on time.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by luminouz(m): 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
dadexcel:
......... You that passed GCE should have known that the Usher was only doing his job of organising people according to areas they are are meant to site, if the usher sends him him somewhere else then then there must be a reason for it and to someone that is in Church to genuinely seek God that should not be a problem. God bless you.
Ewwwwwww......just look at yew! U couldn't explain y d older woman wasn't sent away..could u? Now dats double fvcking standards! God bless u too!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
Goandie:

this is the question the Op is asking that pple are just tackling him with studded boot.
i personally mite no walk out of the church like how he did but i will not leav that seat till d church service is over, coz it is Yaweh house

Mind you they were about 10 seats in that roll oo. Empty. The range kinda days members seat on. When it was crossover service, why did they allow people seat on them?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by marks1010: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Noo. That know protocol na. It's always just one lady who sits there. She's to direct new comers and all that... Moreover, she only sits when new comers are being announced.

You asked people to judge you, now they are doing just that and you attacking them and arguing. If you knew you were right, why asking people to judge you? Is it because it's a church? It's because the ushers were not armed? Would you dare disobey any of the Nigeria Armed forces like that? Kill that your stupid ego before it leads you to destruction.
No one was sitting there when I did. An elderly woman sat with me, they didn't say nothing to her oo. What if the church was filled up? Won't they create that space for people?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by emmyquid(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=sipsip post=53027413]Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'? [/quotlemy brother let the bible be our guide,let read James 2 v1-4
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Triplehawkeyes:
Firstly I don't think you did wrong wanting to sit in front, not with all the noise at the back, kids laughing and other disturbance, you would want to sit in front, secondly, it's God's house and you can sit anywhere you want, no one paid you transport to church, and as you rightly observed it's mostly empty and not always occupied but I think you over reacted, maybe next time you could have just asked them can I just sit here for today? Or joked with them saying hmm I think I will like to join protocol so I can sit here and hear the message well, you could have handled it better, please try your best, it isn't easy but it still won't have taken anything from you to move to the back for the message sake, if you were the protocol lady or usher what would you have done to you in that situation

I get you. But it was almost impossible to reason with them like that, it was in the middle of worship. Plus the first roll means so eyes on us... You dig?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
HEFAIROHLUWA:
The problem with christains nowadays is that when they correct they correct as if they have never made the same type of mistake before.

If they asked politely I do not see the reason you shouldnt heed them. If it is their policy in the church that latecomers shouldnt sit at the front then RESPECT that.
But if they just did that on purpose then you should have not acted like a d**k like they did. (lol)
Anger/pride destroys things trust me. I wouldnt judge you--similar case has happened to me---Lecturer things. ( Made me resit a course then at school)the only course I had to repeat.

#ONELOVE
Please read my post well. I didn't come late. I was even there for Sunday school. That's even before service starts.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Eliz24:
Obviously you are feeling guilty, if not you wouldn't have shared it to listen to people's opinion. One thing to note is that, anywhere you gather in the name of Christ, God is present. Even if the ushers were wrong, that shouldn't stop you from doing the right. Their attitude must not determine your reaction. Find and know your identity, determine to be yourself irrespective of pressure people may apply.

Thanks. Seems you were right there. The attitude determined my reaction.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by cybriz82(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
u too stop wearing dat slipper n nylon trouser to church...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by cybriz82(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
u too stop wearing dat bathroom slipper n nylon trouser to church...shey u carry black nylon bag for hand cus dem go tink say u wan cme assassinate der pastor.mission ko possible...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by gnykelly(m): 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by gnykelly(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

in the USA there was a law that barred blacks from sitting at the front in a bus. and when it is filled up blacks are meant to stand.

a lady by name Rosa Parks defy the law and there was widespread protest the law was changed.

you refuse to be a slave to inequalities. stand your ground. that is how we gonna change the world.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by lagosrd: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

It's a province. It's not anybody's personal establishment. It's a church bro... Obviously, you're not intelligent. I'll let that slide and I won't reply you again.

Yes it's no body's province or property. That is actually the same reason why you will continue to be bounced anywhere you don't want to respect "order" and protocol. Why not wait for God himself to promote you to front seat. I have met nasty stubbornly disobedient ones like this who have no manners at all especially in public places what I do initially is to avoid them but now. I disgrace them with passion.
Lastly it's better to sit at the back and be called to the front in honour than sit in the front and be disgraced to the back sit.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by nuelola(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
I am sorry bro but I would call what u did immature and full of ego....... though you might have felt they were being partial at that moment but the truth is you came for a service with God not to meet man so you should not even allow that happen at all........ Sorry to ask do you have anger issues to and how did you feel after leaving the church.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by nurusystem(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
protocol sit keee,those ushers are senseless dey dont kno who u will be tomorow..let me say this in front of God no any protocol durin worship,,Jesus never do things like that..stop going to their church bro...since the sit is empty is not matter if politicians com then u live their sit for them..sit reserve for politician is for money or business.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by rockyh(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

It's a province. It's not anybody's personal establishment. It's a church bro... Obviously, you're not intelligent. I'll let that slide and I won't reply you again.
u messed up big time. Ur type will one day sit on the minister's seat n claim such trash as an excuse
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by keenness: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

ask for mercy from God bro... u dont always have to be right. Humility is key. How is where u sit in the church a problem. Sit at the back and allow God to bring u to the front.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by bigtt76(f): 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
Thou Shalt Not Covert..... Part of the ten commandment. It does not necessarily mean shacking your neighbor's wife or taking over his or her servant, it also mean holding too tightly to what is not yours.

You covert the 2nd row in the church too much which is not good. It also shows that your going to church has not really touched your heart. You do it merely for the sake of doing it.

God can touch anyone no matter his or her position in the church, you only have to believe.

I know for some reasons, people dislike being disturbed by others who get up 10x before end of service to go out or other places. If this is your reason, then try to arrive at your church as early as possible so you an keep your seat.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by yousee(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
Origin:
I hope that what is right will always be right and what is wrong will always be wrong.

It is wrong for any demarcation to be observed in any religious setting. When and where we always preach that all men are created equal. Even setting aside a place for ministers etc is superficial.

Yes people set high table in Islamic settings too. But it is clearly wrong. Only a speaker addressing an audience should stand on a podium so as to be heard.

These people have bigger perpetual ego than the OP if we are truthful.

Which is why the recommended practice is to seat as you arrive in the mosque starting from the front rows(so people don't step all over you while trying to get a seat and to never give up your seat or ask someone to give up their seat for you( except in cases of infirmity or age but definitely not by rank).

I am yet to see any dignitary pray at the back row of a mosque. Do they always go first to the mosque before everyone else so as to occupy the front row?

As for the Op, his last question shows the real intent. Not any usher not any protocol...and to imagine he claims to be a member of the church he just derided...
OCD indeed.

Sannu Mr right claimer. Dey there dey claim right sotay you missed your worship and blessing...
Shebi u have been advised not to go there again? Clap for yourself. You have preached Christ well today
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Wizzyblack3(m): 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ain't we suppose to be the same in the presence of God? So why some fvcking protocol?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by lanrejoe10: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Brother..... Orderliness is a standard,even in Heaven Order and hierarchy exist in heaven. Peace onto you and me
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by fm4real2k6(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bro, think of this, if you'd allowed the HOLY SPIRIT to talk to you, do you think He will tell you to leave the Church just like that?

I'd as you claim the Church is your Fathers' house, and God himself is sitting on the throne, yet because of some mortals who in a way provoked you, yet you stormed out of God's presence, do you think God will be happy?.
You sure need to read what happen to Moses in the Bible.

Bro, I'm not judging you, but you have sinned and you need to apologize to God, and in some way apologize to those Ushers, that is restitution. You need it urgently.

God bless you.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by osomegbe(m): 9:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? Abs I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.
If you're so sure you know the rules and you are sure you're not wrong, why ask for the platform opinion.
Cover your face in shame. If you can't obey simple rules as where to sit, how can you obey not fornicating or other stringent rules.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by xtremeTall(m): 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

No matter it is, I sound rude to knock your head. Religious places are not places to show of your small might or ego.

Try that in a shrine if you will not be used to appease the gods.

You came late for that matter and had the effrontery to disturb those who came before you. You think ushers are meant for decoration? Go and sit where your usher tell you to sit or go open a church where you can sit where you want

Lawlessness everywhere.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by wadetaw202: 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
brandonobi:
I think u should have listened to them though the whole case is absurd, seats being reserved for special people, by walking out of the church I've allowed silly laws chase u away from church, and u shouldn't blame the ushers, they are just obeying instructions though it can be annoying.

Special people? What of the OP? He is an unspecial person, abi?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by xtremeTall(m): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
Try that in a shrine if you will not be used to appease the gods guy u kil am finaly
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Chicagoesontop: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

So you go church go mess up and come to Nairaland expecting some ignorant comments to support you abi ? my brother you no do well, Ushers in the church represents Angels, an usher directed you where you can sit and obtain your blessings which you came for but the Devil blinded your eyes and took you home ... Can you Blame GOD,? Remember that the devil is not powerful but subtle he tricked you out of your blessing.. Continue, tomorrow you go blame Buhari for your hunger while you messed up your God's meal ticket which you could have taken today and walk out of poverty ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.