Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49898 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by firstking01(m): 12:39am On Jan 23, 2017
sipsip:

I just really want to believe you don't understand the settings I projected. I was not being disobedient or stubborn. I just felt it was wrong for the Usher to do that, in the middle of worship? And I don't see church as an 'organization' bro. It's a house of God. Plus, I'm a bona-fide member so I know the rules and what is applicable.
Did it ever occur to you that you commited sinundecided?...ok, i implore you to answer this question, if God was to be the ushers would you have acted the same way you acted?...this was exactly the problem of the first man adam...simple instruction you can't obey...just work on your ego bro.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by linearity: 12:48am On Jan 23, 2017
sipsip:

Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side.
Base on your own assumptions, you know you were wrong.

See how you carefully emphasized that, it is not the ministers' of firstimers' see.

Paraphrasing your statements, it appears to mean that, you will not sit in the minister's or first timers seats, even if there empty. Why then do you think, you can sit on the protols' seat?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by archangelfash07: 5:54am On Jan 23, 2017
You enter the gathering of Gods people and you let mere man to get your spirit angry. Your have fail in destiny. What if your breakthrough is tired in that service? Definately if chance permit you,you wont mind sitting on the pastor sit. And who told you that is only sitting in the front you blessing can get to you? The chuch mind of the matter is you are not even ready for the service. Try to work on your temprament. God bless you.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by KardinalZik(m): 6:10am On Jan 23, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.

Reserving special seats for some (perceived special) people is strongly resisted in the Bible.

James 2:2-4 KJV
For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; [3] And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: [4] Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

In fact, everyone is equal before God (Acts 10:34). Period! I'll do the same if it were me, or even MORE THAN THAT!

Surely, God will be happy with you for not allowing unscriptural religious inequality in his house.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ayatullah(m): 6:21am On Jan 23, 2017
dingbang:
Yes you are too much of a right claimer.... And a stubborn one for that matter...

How dare you say that to a fella who knows his right in the church? Let the revolution begin now!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ayatullah(m): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2017
KardinalZik:

Reserving special seats for some (perceived special) people is strongly resisted in the Bible.

James 2:2-4 KJV
For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; [3] And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: [4] Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

In fact, everyone is equal before God (Acts 10:34). Period! I'll do the same if it were me, or even MORE THAN THAT!

Surely, God will be happy with you for not allowing unscriptural religious inequality in his house.

You are very correct my dear brother.

Jesus and his earlier followers were deadly radicals, but today what we have in the whole wide world are 99% "Crafty American Business men" calling themselves christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by elvis07: 7:14am On Jan 23, 2017
YES, infact u for jst climb d alter go sit since u dnt like sitting at d back. Wat rubbish. You ve come to d house of d lord to worship nd nt to be noticed bcus dats all i can see u want from all ur writeup. Do nt pick offense from pple bcus u ve come nt to worship dem bt God, d lord speaks in many way so u jst listen nd obey wisely nd nt be pompouse
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
SmartyPants:

If you know your papa very well you would know that He values humility, and respect for those to whom respect is owed.

Ushers have actual job to do and they are only trying to do it well by asking you to sit in a certain place. Why make it unnecessarily hard by being disobedient for no reason?

The bible says rebellion is like the sin of witchcraft!

Abegi. All these your fake "churches" with special seats for special people. You mean to tell me someone will die if he didn't move away from that seat that Sunday?

So if I as a visitor come to your church for the first time, na so you go take embarrass me?

If you don't people to seat on particular seats, you tag the seats as special. That's standard and common practice where they use their heads.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Taolakprinting(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.
You are very correct.
That's how they create problems in the house of God.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 9:02am On Jan 23, 2017
davidif:

Wow! You are so childish and petulant. Really? In the house of God? Na wa o

And that's all you have to say? Read your comment, did you make any sensible point one can gain from?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by benlay(m): 9:04am On Jan 23, 2017
We continue to subject ourselves to new form of slavery all in the name of religion. Which protocols do we observe in the church. What will happen if he sits there? We don't respect one another, we only do 'eye service'... if someone dresses very well, and comes to worship in a luxurious vehicle, we quickly honour him, is that what Christ taught us?
I hope we will free ourselves one day, I'll leave too.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by SmartyPants(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Ioannes:

Abegi. All these your fake "churches" with special seats for special people. You mean to tell me someone will die if he didn't move away from that seat that Sunday?

So if I as a visitor come to your church for the first time, na so you go take embarrass me?

If you don't people to seat on particular seats, you tag the seats as special. That's standard and common practice where they use their heads.

Not talking about the church now, i'm talking about you. Doesn't matter what you feel they have done wrong, your own response betrays the log in your own eye.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by felixomor: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Scalord:
I love the way Humans fight the battle of their so called 'God' smiley

U didnt have to get a new fake moniker, to say this.

Shior lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2017
WHEN YOU CANT OBEY THE USHER YOU ARE SEEING, HOW WILL THEN OBEY GOD? EVEN IF THERE WONT BE ANY BODY SEATING ON THOSE SEATS, SINCE THE USHERS HAS ASKED OR PLEADED TO YOU TO GO TO THE NEXT CHAIR, YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST OBEYED. PLEASE LEARN ON HOW TO MANAGE YOUR ANGER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE THE HOUSE OF GOD.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2017
SmartyPants:

Not talking about the church now, i'm talking about you. Doesn't matter what you feel they have done wrong, your own response betrays the log in your own eye.

OK maybe you're right. The guy should have obeyed to show humility.

But truth be told if it was you, you would feel bad too.

Not everybody is built to take public embarrassment.

And like I said, a simple tagging of chairs in the church will save everybody the stress.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by SmartyPants(m): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2017
Ioannes:

OK maybe you're right. The guy should have obeyed to show humility.

But truth be told if it was you, you would feel bad too.

Not everybody is built to take public embarrassment.

And like I said, a simple tagging of chairs in the church will save everybody the stress.

Yep i would feel bad. I would be furious in fact, but i would suck it up and obey. This has happened to every regular church goer at some point, but i have also been privileged to have been an usher myself at some point so i know how hard dealing with people can be. Be nice to ushers... they don't make the policies.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by tbaby4u(f): 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Norasparkle:

God bless u for this truth. The ushers r to blame. I once had an experience like that too as an usher. The gentleman came and sat where protocol's seat was. Do u know what I did? I went to him with a smile n gently told him d seat was for protocol n when he looked at me and said " so" with smiles on my face, I said ' Sir, you know what? I have a special seat for u, specially reserved for u n he looked at me with a smile, picked up his bible n followed me n I quickly scanned around n sighted a seat just abt 3 rows from where he sat before n I thanked him for being understanding n he said no problem. And that was it. And later, when pastor called out first timers, I was so so surprised he stood up. I was so happy to have him in my church. After service, he came to me n told me he enjoyed d service n was making enquiries of how to join our bible institute, of which I gladly gave him all d necessary info. Some months later, saw him directing traffic in church but couldn't reach out to him cuz I was far from where he was but deep inside of me, I was happy he found joy in serving God in my church.
Ushers should try to communicate gently. I understand some brethren s might be very headstrong but there's a gentle way of making them comply after all we are all one in d eyes of God.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by jozz(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
God has just given u a good sign that he is not present there. That is a false church.Do not return to that church. Visit any kingdom hall of Jehovah s witnesses and experience genuine love. U can seat anywhere.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
DEBJOCH1:
WHEN YOU CANT OBEY THE USHER YOU ARE SEEING, HOW WILL THEN OBEY GOD? EVEN IF THERE WONT BE ANY BODY SEATING ON THOSE SEATS, SINCE THE USHERS HAS ASKED OR PLEADED TO YOU TO GO TO THE NEXT CHAIR, YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST OBEYED. PLEASE LEARN ON HOW TO MANAGE YOUR ANGER ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE THE HOUSE OF GOD.
It was not the next chair, it was the back seat. How does an Usher with natural human flaws compare to God? Learn to read the story well with understanding before you condemn.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
jozz:
God has just given u a good sign that he is not present there. That is a false church.Do not return to that church. Visit any kingdom hall of Jehovah s witnesses and experience genuine love. U can seat anywhere.

Thanks but naaa, i've been a christian all my life, i think i know a bible believing church when i see one. It was just a misunderstanding and a question of what is right and what should be right.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Fantastic2m(m): 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:
I may start going to church very soon because of this post.

U really should consider and start going to church mate
Plus read the word too... It's far better than relying on pipo to explain it for u.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sirfee(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fantastic2m:

U really should consider and start going to church mate
Plus read the word too... It's far better than relying on pipo to explain it for u.
Lol I'm from a christian background,I was once a devoted christian.I started questioning religion when I was in the secondary school due to the heresy, hypocrisy and conspiracy going on in the religious world.I'm sorry to say this,I don't think I'd go back to church again.I still believe in God(which I will always do) but religion is a .............Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Scalord: 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:
Lol I'm from a christian background,I was once a devoted christian.I started questioning religion when I was in the secondary school due to the heresy, hypocrisy and conspiracy going on in the religious world.I'm sorry to say this,I don't think I'd go back to church again.I still believe in God(which I will always do) but religion is a .............Thanks.

I still wonder why Christians are damned sure that the Christianity is the one and only true religion. I need convincing to resume going to church.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by jozz(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
sipsip:

Thanks but naaa, i've been a christian all my life, i think i know a bible believing church when i see one. It was just a misunderstanding and a question of what is right and what should be right.

Obviously you dont know one.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Fantastic2m(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
sirfee:
Dude.. We ain't very far apart in this sense
I'd personally like us to talk
Look how after u mentioned church I made a mention of u studying the word urself?
Means am not a church person myself

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sirfee(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
Fantastic2m:

Dude.. We ain't very far apart in this sense
I'd personally like us to talk
Look how after u mentioned church I made a mention of u studying the word urself?
Means am not a church person myself
I'm sorry,don't be offended please.Are u on bbm?I may pm u later.Goodnite.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sirfee(m): 9:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
Scalord:

I still wonder why Christians are damned sure that the Christianity is the one and only true religion. I need convincing to resume going to church.
The church is divided,many christians keep on displaying their hypocrisy,bigotry and desperation every day by day.They want you to love your neighbour as yourself but they themselves are hostile to each other smhhh!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by brandonobi(m): 10:33am On Jan 27, 2017
wadetaw202:

Special people? What of the OP? He is an unspecial person, abi?
I meant the case of seats being reserved for special people is absurd
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
You just insulted God and the angels of the church by leaving..

Read Romans 13: 1

Let every soul be subject to higher powers for there is no power that be but the one that God ordained..
'And whoever resist the power resists the ordinance of God.

Learn to be submissive to authority..
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Scalord: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2017
Leader26:
You just insulted God and the angels of the church by leaving..

Read Romans 13: 1

Let every soul be subject to higher powers for there is no power that be but the one that God ordained..
'And whoever resist the power resists the ordinance of God.

Learn to be submissive to authority..

Woooow! God and his angels must be really pissed now and judging from what we read in the bible.. they may probably strike this fella down any minute from now... This fella should be cringing already.. jeez..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / 'Delete Netflix' - Apostle Johnson Suleman Tells Christians Over Gay Jesus / "I Repeat It, Christians Defend Yourself" - Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.