Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49837 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nutase: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Who cares?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by melejo(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
Even as folish as the post, they brought it to front-page looking for how to muck the church. Even the gate of hell can't prevail

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Fantastic2m(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
OP, I completely understand the situation.
But from what u said this line seems reserved for workers for ease since dey move around.
And it seems dey Certainly won't be seated all day or mostly.
U could have just left to second row or 3rd when dey said twas reserved row.
U shouldn't be angry in the house of the Lord
U raged our like u came to a failed fashion show not a holy house
Learn to hold Ur temper and keep Ego in check
God bless you

6 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sisisioge: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
Chai! You were unnecessarily heady. You should just haveoved to the next row since you were fully aware the sits are reserved for protocol. Whether or not protocol eventually sits there is inconsequential. Imagine them allowing you to sit only to displace when unexpected protocol show up?

Be rational dude.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by cocoberry(f): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
No He's not...

dingbang:
Yes you are too much of a right claimer.... And a stubborn one for that matter...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by lonngmann(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
angry
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ijaya123: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
Are they turning churches to conference centres? This is not right. Churches have become worldly these days.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by eezeribe(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

Church is where chronic sinners come to deceive themselves.next Sunday, stay at home and study your Bible

5 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dingbang(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2017
cocoberry:
No He's not...

what? Did I speak French?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Divepen1(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
I've observed protocols issues like this. People tend to flare up at the slightest of issues especially we that believe it's our father's house.
Most times, protocols are made like that if there is any special person coming to preach etc.

Meanwhile, you need to be a part of the system before you can understand their point of view.
Getting angry is normal but not getting over it and returning to the church is disastrous.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Sammypope4all(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
W
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Osyxcel(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
ladyF:
You no try o.

Let me tell you what to do. Next week, carry rope to church and tie your leg to the front seat. Dem no fit do you anything!!! Them no write anybody name for there abeg. angry

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

Which church do you attend? undecided
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by onward4life(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

@ THE MENTION OF HIS NAME ALL KNEEL SHABA!!!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
divicode:

Smh, writing as if you are the financier of the church. Storm out or storm in God will still be God! You are too insignificant to help God

You shouldn't have said this.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ajayiopy: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
You don't need that, you simply should have listened to the uche but never step your feet again. However, we need to be spiritually inclined because today might be your day and you have missed it. God of second chance
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ladyF(f): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
Osyxcel:

Which church do you attend? undecided

Why do you ask? grin
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by grunerite: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
Op,..u did the right thing, since that's what u want to hear,..lol
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by iambliss: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
you should have just obeyed them. its really not worth it compared to the blessing you would have gotten in the presence of God. Next time just obey already and take your blessing. don't let anyone steal your joy.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by adanny01(m): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

I support you. I am not the type that wants to be in the front like that but if i had that kind of personality, i would stage a walkout too. If to say Osinbajo and his cabal arrived and i was asked to move, i would quietly move to another convenient or lesser seat they must find for me.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by phrankchek(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

No matter it is, I sound rude to knock your head. Religious places are not places to show of your small might or ego.

Try that in a shrine if you will not be used to appease the gods.

You came late for that matter and had the effrontery to disturb those who came before you. You think ushers are meant for decoration? Go and sit where your usher tell you to sit or go open a church where you can sit where you want

Lawlessness everywhere.
;

grin grin >: grin grin
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by donogaga(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
You stormed out of the church, He's still God.

You disobeyed the instructions of the ushers, He's still God.

You claim right even when you are obviously wrong, He's still God.

Bro, there's need for you to respect constituted authorities. It's simple. Don't be proud.

You must respect yourself, especially when you are in the House of God/place of worship.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Opinedecandid(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
What is it you really expect from the responses in this thread, an applause or a judgement?

None of the two should you have.

Have a humble and peaceable spirit, bro.

It's christ-like to be meek and lowly.

Apologise to God for desecrating His House, and repent from pride. God will lift you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by indoorscholar(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
He has OCD (Google it). He can't stay in the back for obvious psychological reasons. Besides are we not equal in the eyes of God?

I support your decision to leave the church, praying with anger is not a good thing, however you should have handled the matter better

Next time just move to d next seat.on a different note, hope you're treating ur OCD?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Wolexdey(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
You made it look all bad by leaving the Worship... Be guided even in your anger.

Wisdom is profitable... I prefer not to judge you instead... I hope next time, you will handle the situation better than this cos seems such might still happen again with all you highlighted thus far...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by igidaduro: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
I hate those gathering.
I understand your point and view, the elderly woman beside you wasnt asked to stand up and if it was dangle coming to ur church for the first time, am sure he wont be asked to do stand up 8 bet a special seat will be created for him. But all the same if there were rules and you know it before now, then you are wrond
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by otunbadan(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

so if you went to us embassy or uk embassy to collect the visa you applied for, or job interview and you were told to please go to the back, wont you respectfully do so, why act different because you are in church

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Stylz69(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
You did the right thing to storm out!!! And for added measure, don't go back. These church workers can be very foolish. You sit at the back with empty seats in front, they order you to move front...you sit in front they tell you its reserved. You can't argue lest you seem like you are doing something wrong. Be like me...sit at home and sleep. At least no one will come yo your house and tell you where or where not to sit

5 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by josite: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

u must be a very small size man.u can tell the size of a man by the kind of things that get him angry.upgrade
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Mufasa27(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Pride comes before the fall

Now that you have stormed out of the church, as it reduced the church population

You are just being stupid and immature.!!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ruggedtimi(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kudos...nice one
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Osyxcel(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
ladyF:

Why do you ask? grin

I want to come and tie your leg to the front seat. angry
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ochek: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
Now you came to ask Nairalanders if you were wrong with your action and you have been answered in the affirmative yet you are dragging this upandan with those who said you were wrong.

If you believed you were so right, y come ask us?

Truth of the matter as spoken (abi na written) by most is that, it's a place of authority of which you are a confirmed member at you want us to believe. For order, things need to be done accordingly. However, if u think there are in the wrong, given that you are member, nothing stops you from meeting the church authority to suggest your ideas. But until then, please obey the simple instructions that the ushers have been handled with to ensure.

Tankiu.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.