Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49869 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Akaujaa(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.

Bros, next sunday or when next you go to church, make sure you sit on the pulpit or you sit with your pastor or father since according to you, it is wrong to have seats reserved for some people.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by FaroukM(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
Na wah..protocol inside God's house...Jesus never preach protocol..rather he preached everyone is equal and one....oga oooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by YesNoMaybe: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
Akaujaa:

Bros, next sunday or when next you go to church, make sure you sit on the pulpit or you sit with your pastor or father since according to you, it is wrong to have seats reserved for some people.

Epic!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by YesNoMaybe: 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
FaroukM:
Na wah..protocol inside God's house...Jesus never preach protocol..rather he preached everyone is equal and one....oga oooo!!!

But Jesus instructed the disciples to "gather the multitude" when He wanted to feed five thousand? Bro go buy another Bible. Your version was hand-copied by a short-sighted school girl.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by naturefellow(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
You never ready to worship God!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by iluvdonjazzy: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
obedience is better than sacrifice
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by deolu2000(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
OP, so because u left church, they didn't hold the service?or because of your action,no one by their faith was blessed? You really need to check your ego, you are not serving God as a fovour to Him. Whoever can't take instructs in this life, the level such a person can go is limited. I wish you all the best.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Deilluminator(m): 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
Luke 14:10But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, sothat when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Thenyou will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
NovusHomo:
You did the right thing. Don't go back to that "protocol" church. Just spend your tithe on yourself. But who da f*$k is "Protocol"?? grin
That na constituted authority ooo

lol
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ikorodureporta: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

y must you sit on a strategically reserved seat?? If u dnt like 'back', & not allowd to be on d front row, how abt other areas??

....sometime ago, i was occupying my back position when they asked me to move forward, tht it was reserved for caring mothers, & i simply moved sideways
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
zicoraads:

He is wrong. Even the Bible admonishes us to obey laid down rules and regulations. Every church has seats reserved for elders, pastors and deacons. I am certain he went and sat in one of those. Nothing stopped him from taking one step back.

I am certain if he went to an occasion outside the church, he won't go near the front seats that have been reserved for certain dignitaries. And he won't storm out either. Wrong is wrong.

You're certain. Seriously? The fact that you're certain... Got nothing to say.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Cityguy: 6:00pm On Jan 22, 2017
Reminds me of an incident. A 'bishop', obviously not that popular to organizers of a gathering, Christian one at that came to an event with his towering cap and went straight for the front seat. When programme started and dignitaries were called to occupy their front seats, the man's name was not listed and he was excused to relocate to the back. Laugh tear Belle for there as he was at the back with his high cap among members of the audience. His dilema? He couldn't remove that cap and had no hiding place. Moral? Jejelly follow orders so as not to be humiliated. I'm sorry the op had to pass through such a harrowing experience as depicted.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Your only crime is going there in the first place. What are you looking for in a church that you can't find in your heart, conscience, gathering of 2 or more friend and family ?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by 0ubenji(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
sod09:
Na only u waka out
Sorry church sef fan get vvip, vip and regular seats
yea..
Christ embassy
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by betaessays: 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
These days, we leave the things that are absolutely necessary and be doing the one way nobody send us.... Church workers should be use their discretion when dealing with matters arising in church. I wonder if God really cares or wants to know where who and who is sitting in church. However, you should have remained in church. Its "Pride" that made you leave.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Somatic(m): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
OP, my church needs your lot O. Over here, the struggle for the back seat is real. People actually come very early to get vantage back seat positions. Latecomers seat in front

That said, I believe you were in the wrong here. Even in your family house, seats are reserved for special people much less a large gathering like a church like yours. Those seats are meant to accommodate special guests whether they were invited or not as well as guarantee those in the protocol unit ease of accessibility. Your knowledge of the intent of the seat(s) and your insistence on seating there smacks of disobedience to constituted authority and establishment. If you feel so entitled, go to any government org in your state and park in the spot of the Perm SEC or your governor since such spots are largely unused (and your taxes pay their salaries) and see if you don't sleep with mosquitoes. Others before you aren't blind. OCD is not an excuse for conceit.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by creepsyme(f): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

It's a province. It's not anybody's personal establishment. It's a church bro... Obviously, you're not intelligent. I'll let that slide and I won't reply you again.
remember everything shuld be done decently and in order and the church is not an exception, I wuld only frown if the usher was rude.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by 2shur: 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
bloody atheist
baba Go to hell
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by fynex(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they
don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Its cool you don't like sitting at the back...
One thing I know is that some circumstances just occur for us to judge our own selves...
The simple thing you would have done...is to say OK thank you and move to where they redirected you to....and enjoy the blessing and word God had for you

But instead you got angry over a sitting position... If I may ask...what was your reason for going to Church?.... If its concrete you wouldn't have left because of that...think about it

Its this kinda conclusions that makes people stop attending a particular Church....

If God is your reason for going to church as a true believer you will know that you need humility...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by justmenoni: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
Shoro niyen? So you even support bullying inside the house of God,, continue ooo

quote author=soulpeppersoup post=53027548]

Storm ko walk ni. Learn to respect the laws governing a place that is not yours or you go form or build your own.

[/quote]
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by TinaAnita(f): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

No matter it is, I sound rude to knock your head. Religious places are not places to show of your small might or ego.

Try that in a shrine if you will not be used to appease the gods.

You came late for that matter and had the effrontery to disturb those who came before you. You think ushers are meant for decoration? Go and sit where your usher tell you to sit or go open a church where you can sit where you want

I don't remember reading any part where he said he came late.. Nawa o!
Lawlessness everywhere.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Bluffly: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Yes you did wrong.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by haeyhins: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello sir,

I was taken by your story and had assumed that you came here to seek peoples' candid opinion about your action.

Am surprised you wana counter and haul insult at anyone who isnt saying that which you wish to hear. That alone is another disorder.

Jesus whom you went to worship, gave to caesar what belong to him, why not you? (Like you implied, the church wasnt even filled to capacity, meaning there were spare seats)...Thought we were taught to be christ-like....humility bestows honour..pride goes before destruction. TAKE HEED...Bless you!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Lumig: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
I'm just wondering what the CHURCH have taught you or what you have learned so far. If it's only prosperity preaching you have been listening to,this is the end result. You need words or preaching that would mold your CHARACTER to be like HIM.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by TinaAnita(f): 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
I've experienced this kind of thing and trust me I didn't find it funny whatsoever.. The painful part is that my worship was interrupted by an usher and to think that I deliberately went to church few hours before the service just to secure a nice place for me to sit really knocked me off..

I practicall avoided the front seats so that no usher would come tell me a story that touches the anus but I was wrong, I was made to leave my seat for an elderly man who walked into the church very late.. fortunately I didn't let it affect me, I simply obeyed the usher as I was already in the spirit but it was really embarassing and disappointing.. *sad*

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
The storming out of the church part is where your pride and total disrespect comes in, how will you feel if someone walks out on you? Same way you walked out on God, cos you actually went there to worship God in the first place, you sound like someone who used ego to sew agbada, yes some ushers can be annoying, but walking out was just wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Origin(f): 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
I hope that what is right will always be right and what is wrong will always be wrong.

It is wrong for any demarcation to be observed in any religious setting. When and where we always preach that all men are created equal. Even setting aside a place for ministers etc is superficial.

Yes people set high table in Islamic settings too. But it is clearly wrong. Only a speaker addressing an audience should stand on a podium so as to be heard.

These people have bigger perpetual ego than the OP if we are truthful.

Which is why the recommended practice is to seat as you arrive in the mosque starting from the front rows(so people don't step all over you while trying to get a seat and to never give up your seat or ask someone to give up their seat for you( except in cases of infirmity or age but definitely not by rank).

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Reptyle(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
OP it is so sad to note that you missed out on service today because you could not obey a simple instruction and you let your ego get the better of you. As long as those ushers weren't rude to you but politely told you to move to another place, I do not understand your anger.

If you go to a family gathering or a party, would you go and seat on a seat marked "reserved"? If you walk into an office and the receptionist directs you to a seat, would you storm out of the office because you don't like the seat? If you live in a homestead where some fathers reserve a particular seat in the living room, would you go and perch on that seat? I can give you a million scenarios where you would comply without even thinking it twice.

Yet you would come to a place of worship with your over bloated ego and refuse to obey simple instructions?

You, my friend, still have a lot to learn in your service to God.

Oh, and if you have OCD like you claim, please do get either medical help or pray to God to help you overcome it. It is nothing to be proud of.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by egobetatoday: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Naim u carry am come tell us for NL.
ok . we don hear.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Reptyle(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
Origin:
I hope that what is right will always be right and what is wrong will always be wrong.

It is wrong for any demarcation to be observed in any religious setting. When and where we always preach that all men are created equal. Even setting aside a place for ministers etc is superficial.

Yes people set high table in Islamic settings too. But it is clearly wrong. Only a speaker addressing an audience should stand on a podium so as to be heard.

These people have bigger perpetual ego than the OP if we are truthful.

Which is why the recommended practice is to seat as you arrive in the mosque starting from the front rows(so people don't step all over you while trying to get a seat and to never give up your seat or ask someone to give up their seat for you( except in cases of infirmity or age but definitely not by rank).

I do not know about Islam, but Jesus did preach that honour should be given to who honour is due. Even in the secular world, there is always hierarchy. Nature itself is a clear expression of the fact that there will always be people that are more equal than others. That is the reason you are born a baby, and as you grow, you begin to EARN more respect from those above and below you.

I do not see why a sitting position in a religious gathering or any other gathering for that matter, should make anyone feel small or oppressed.

Yes we are all created equal before God. But he also appointed leaders over us in every sphere of life. Those leaders deserve honour and there is nothing wrong with giving them that honour.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by lalo128: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
Yes you are too much of a right claimer.... And a stubborn one for that matter...
church is a house of God u can seat anywhere Muslims don't do that in their mosque they all seat n stand together no rich man no poor man we are equal in God's house
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dingbang(m): 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
lalo128:
church is a house of God u can seat anywhere Muslims don't do that in their mosque they all seat n stand together no rich man no poor man we are equal in God's house
cool I hope u will be humble enough like this when its your turn

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Are You Addicted To Masturbation? Read This / 'Delete Netflix' - Apostle Johnson Suleman Tells Christians Over Gay Jesus / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.