Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix (13916 Views)

Governor Wike And His Team Arrive New York City In Style Ahead Of Award. Photos / Wooow!!!this Is Amazing....watch This Beautiful Video Of Abakaliki Modern City / Government House Owerri & The Okorocha Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by niceone3(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
betterABIAstate:
Irrespective of the bad leadership of Rocha's, I still stand that owerri remains the most modernized city in southeast, followed closely by Enugu.

you said okorocha is misgoverning but half of the infrastructure you posted is his handiwork
Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by ccffwx: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
Owerri is really very beautiful. Kudos op!

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by MyGeneration(m): 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nigeria is deceloping.
ipob/afonjas/militants be hating
Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Ogbuefi2020: 12:10am On Jan 25, 2017
Owerri is more beautiful than Enugu because it does not have the red soil problem Enugu is battling with. Enugu has an edge because of more federal presence. my own contribution to the beautiful owerri

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Ogbuefi2020: 12:20am On Jan 25, 2017
more

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Abagworo(m): 12:22am On Jan 25, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Owerri is more beautiful than Enugu because it does not have the red soil problem Enugu is battling with. Enugu has an edge because of more federal presence. my own contribution to the beautiful owerri

I dislike this your unnecessary comparison with Enugu. Each of the cities have some edge in different aspects and moreover Enugu is way bigger than Owerri.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Abagworo(m): 12:24am On Jan 25, 2017
Owerri is not well represented in photos but I've been trying my best.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by decomaniaboss(f): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2017
[quote author=Iko5000 post=53093460]My Guy ,do you really know what makes a modern city . Its not your pics of 1 or 2 buildings or roads but by the basic infrastructure for the inhabitants of the city . Like good water , Light , hospitals amenities etc .
Really tired of people putting pics of their states and calling them modern cities or that the yeye Gov is working9
sad
Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by ZUBY77(m): 3:48am On Jan 25, 2017
Ignorant sentimentalists making fools of themselves.
You run to the Google and grab colored pictures if a few buildings and boom, Owerri becomes the best in the East.
Which Owerri?

After talking about Lagos, Abuja and PH, Enugu follows them.
You can compare Owerri with Umuahia and Awka.
Those are the places in the same league with your Owerri.

5 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 25, 2017
ZUBY77:
Ignorant sentimentalists making fools of themselves.
You run to the Google and grab colored pictures if a few buildings and boom, Owerri becomes the best in the East.
Which Owerri?

After talking about Lagos, Abuja and PH, Enugu follows them.
You can compare Owerri with Umuahia and Awka.
Those are the places in the same league with your Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by RareDiamond: 9:35am On Jan 25, 2017
Owerri, Imo State

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by RareDiamond: 9:36am On Jan 25, 2017
ALA IMO STATE WU OKE MBA

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by RareDiamond: 9:38am On Jan 25, 2017
ALA OWERRI. Onye shi n'ala Owerri ariya mma; ya kwaba li

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Noneroone(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2017
Smh...i read the thread and notice people comparing owerri with enugu. Thats a height of delusion.

Is it in terms of size, infrastructure, road network, security, transportion and cost of living? Enugu is miles ahead. And since when did the colour of the soil begin to determine a beter city?

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by RareDiamond: 9:56am On Jan 25, 2017
Owerri Imo State Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Uteghe(m): 10:03am On Jan 25, 2017
...this is achieved by the same Okorocha Kanu abuses daily....and Nnamdi Kanu has no achievement to his name except a forged school cert.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by RareDiamond: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2017
Owerri, Imo State

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by proeast(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2017
sekxy:
If you doubt it take the next available flight to Owerri. Owerri amaka.
Owerri obodo oma
Owerri has always been a beautiful city. I've lived in Lagos, Abuja, P.H etc but none compares to Owerri in terms of liveablity. Also, What many do not know is that Owerri is the 4th most expensive city in Nigeria. Rent is very high, same with consumer goods but Owerri has neat and aesthetic neighbourhoods and streets, good roads, a relatively enlightened citizens and also a huge influx of people from P.H, Aba, Onitsha, Lagos, Abuja & even diaspora that usually come to flex and invest in the city. Owerri is the Las Vegas of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2017
proeast:
Owerri has always been a beautiful city. I've lived in Lagos, Abuja, P.H etc but none compares to Owerri in terms of liveablity. Also, What many do not know is that Owerri is the 4th most expensive city in Nigeria. Rent is very high, same with consumer goods but Owerri has neat and aesthetic neighbourhoods and streets, good roads, a relatively enlightened citizens and also a huge influx of people from P.H, Aba, Onitsha, Lagos, Abuja & even diaspora that usually come to flex and invest in the city. Owerri is the Las Vegas of Nigeria.
u are absolutely correct. .Some people need to visit O town

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by farokkunle: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

oh well .

this country really have 2000 years to catch up with the rest of the world .

so you don't know that you are suffering right /?

so what made this glorified ghetto a modern city ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Nigerians eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Yyeske(m): 10:43am On Jan 25, 2017
proeast:
Una don start again, better remove Onitsha in your list of places where residents leave and come flex in Owerri biko. Speak of Owerri but leave Onitsha out if it

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by LasGidiOwner: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2017
Don't mind them. I don't know why they can't celebrate their mediocrity and nonsense in peace..

Yyeske:
Una don start again, better remove Onitsha in your list of places where residents leave and come flex in Owerri biko. Speak of Owerri but leave Onitsha out if it

2 Likes

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Godprotectigbo2(f): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Don't mind them. I don't know why they can't celebrate their mediocrity in peace..

ash90 aka chino

keep deceiving ur self

i will always monitor u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by proeast(m): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Why are you guys always insecure? I mentioned Onitsha in the league of other "advanced" cities like Lagos, Abuja, P.H et al were people come from to visit Owerri, which is an indisputable fact yet you are sad about it. Na wa for this kind of crab mentality you guys always exhibit, its very unhealthy for pan Igbo agenda.

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by LasGidiOwner: 11:08am On Jan 25, 2017
Shut up focus on this thread. Nobody visits Owerri from Onitsha or even any other place. What's anyone going to do in a place that has only prostitutes and brothels as it's selling point. I can see that you baatards do not like this thread. Mention any other place but don't mention our state here..

[s]
proeast:
Why are you guys always insecure? I mentioned in the league of other "advanced" cities like Lagos, Abuja, P.H et al were people come from to visit Owerri, which is an indisputable fact yet you are sad about it. Na wa for this kind of crab mentality you guys always exhibit, its very unhealthy for pan Igbo agenda.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Ogbuefi2020: 11:14am On Jan 25, 2017
Uteghe:
...this is achieved by the same Okorocha Kanu abuses daily....and Nnamdi Kanu has no achievement to his name except a forged school cert.
This was not achieved by Okorocha. Owerri has always been beautiful, in fact, it is deteriorating under okorocha
Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Yyeske(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2017
Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Yyeske(m): 11:40am On Jan 25, 2017
proeast:
Why are you guys always insecure? I mentioned Onitsha in the league of other "advanced" cities like Lagos, Abuja, P.H et al were people come from to visit Owerri, which is an indisputable fact yet you are sad about it. Na wa for this kind of crab mentality you guys always exhibit, its very unhealthy for pan Igbo agenda.
Whatever bullsh.t you're saying is no business of mine, just don't mention anything Anambra or we destroy this so called beautiful Owerri thread.

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Ogbuefi2020: 11:41am On Jan 25, 2017
Noneroone:
Smh...i read the thread and notice people comparing owerri with enugu. Thats a height of delusion.

Is it in terms of size, infrastructure, road network, security, transportion and cost of living? Enugu is miles ahead. And since when did the colour of the soil begin to determine a beter city?
if you are referring to my post, Enugu is ahead of Owerri in virtually everthing, but when it comes to environmental aesthetics, Enugu red soil puts enugu in great disadvantage and owerri is ahead in that regard. Btw, i am from enugu state

1 Like

Re: Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix by Noneroone(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

if you are referring to my post, Enugu is ahead of Owerri in virtually everthing, but when it comes to environmental aesthetics, Enugu red soil puts enugu in great disadvantage and owerri is ahead in that regard. Btw, i am from enugu state
your post is absolutely ridiculous. How does red soil makes a city less beautiful. If you said dusty environment fine, but going as low as using the natural colour of soil as evidence of a city's aesthetics easily gives the impression that the place has nothing to offer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Attack Market In Muna Garage, Maiduguri; 12 Feared Killed / Authentic ANN Presidential Primaries Happening Live In Abuja / Minimum Wage: Ngige, SGF Mustapha To Meet Buhari On Fresh Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.