Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 (50520 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu In Dublin, Ireland For Igbo Summer Cultural Fiesta (Photos) / FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by toshmann(m): 12:00am On Jan 25, 2017
Ndi oshi!

We don't need igbo president. We need igbo development.
Bridges,
Schools
Hospitals
Too class roads
Electricity.

They will soon bring in some criminal igbo man that they can control, make him president and then forget about development. And if igbos complain, they will say shebi your man is president. They did it to hausas, and yorubas and niger delta. E don reach igbo turn. Everywhere that produces president has no development in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nathan2016: 12:01am On Jan 25, 2017
I wonder ...like who wants to be a president where half of the country is busy using bomb as a test subject on themselves, or where other part gives birth to new militant everyday or where other part is busy plotting to backstab the rest of the other region or where everypart hates everyother part of the country and consider themselves saint..unless i begin to feel safe in this country ..menh i dont give a shiiit on who will be president... unless i begin to feel like a citizen in a sane country... i dont give a shiiiiit on who is the president

onyidon22:
We the Igbos dont want Nigeria presidency.Even if other tribes agree to give it to us without any struggle.We will blatantly reject it.
At the moment,all we need is THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN and nothing more

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by adefizzy(m): 12:07am On Jan 25, 2017
winterfell007:

Why must u always refer to d yoruba as 'afonja'. It's statement like these that limit our chances of clinching d presidency. I've" warned u guys. Stop making it sound like the igbo nation is full of hate. If u hate d yorubas that's ur cup of tea. I don't hate any tribe I believe we need 2 partner with them 2 get what we want.
Thanks for the words of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Rushmore(f): 12:09am On Jan 25, 2017
sanandreas:
I will vote an igbo man any day but not okorocha. They must bring a man of good reputation. No more mediocres.
Okorocha sold his birthright a long time ago! After reading about what he did to the pensioners in his state,i knew his death(both political and physical) was close by. That man is EVIL

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by dsocioemmy(m): 12:22am On Jan 25, 2017
What a pity. And to think some youths are hailing him saying this is appalling. Abi no be Obj wey we know?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by KanwuliaExtra: 12:27am On Jan 25, 2017
As long as he was BORN and BRED in BI-AFRICA?

No hope.
Obasanjo's support would be a MINUS!
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by XpensivK: 12:31am On Jan 25, 2017
Dear OBJ as for igbo president, we don't need it again. So don't use that to deceive us because of we are almost there, what we need is BIAFRA REPUBLIC. Gone are those days you people play us in the name of politics, so go to hell with your Nigeria president because you can't deceive us with that again OK. Who is fooling who. Never again never...
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by bcashy: 12:32am On Jan 25, 2017
believe obj at ur own peril grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:44am On Jan 25, 2017
Stingman:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/obasanjo-drums-support-igbo-presidency-2019/

The region, in the 57 years of independence of the country, had not produced a democratically elected president, saying he worked for the emergence of South-South president in 2009, in the spirit of justice and fairness.
Any truthful person knows that this country has not being fair to that region
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by thecavemanesq(m): 1:14am On Jan 25, 2017
The region, in the 57 years of independence of the country- (meaning since Nigeria's inception), had not produced a democratically elected president, saying he worked for the emergence of South-South president in 2009, in the spirit of justice and fairness.

The region deserves a go at the Presidency, to compensate for the massacre of Civil War (1967-1970). Peter Obi will be a good candidate.
My Two Cents

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by olisaEze(m): 2:00am On Jan 25, 2017
FreeGlobe:

Ignorant Nigerian Youths supporting criminals since 1960

What did he steal?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by abadazibto: 2:01am On Jan 25, 2017
Am a Yoruba by origin but am ready to vote for an Igbo come 2019. All I want is someone like Peter Obi who we can rely on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 25, 2017
buchai:
will your people vote for an Igbo man that's the question.
If a good candidate is presented I will be ready too. And I know many other Yorubas would too.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 25, 2017
FreeGlobe:
Will afonjas support igbo presidency? Obasanjo is merely speaking to justify rotation in ogun state. Even obasanjo will not support igbo presidency.. Meanwhile is this a confirmation that obasanjo will no be supporting buhari in 2019?
Who told you Yorubas won't support. Here we don't support or reject blindly and moreover the Yorubas currently are not yearning for a president currently. We just want good and fair governance. I am prepared to support a ny good Igbo technocrat as president.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 25, 2017
Stingman:

Most Igbos don't need Igbo presidency...Resource control, and stronger regions are much better...What did OBJ and GEJ do for their people?
Lol do you think a northern president would give you resource control. You need someone who can rally the entire south in favour of resource control and that would be a southerner.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 25, 2017
NovusHomo:

NO! Other Nigerians too will find it difficult to do. Question is: how do you hand over a country to a President who will break it apart? Now, you can go ahead and insult me.
You may not believe it but not all Igbos are secessionist

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by mokaflex(m): 2:29am On Jan 25, 2017
FreeGlobe:

Ignorant Nigerian Youths supporting criminals since 1960
Dude. You no nothing about Peter Obi. Go n do a check else don't respond or quote me.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by emi14: 2:36am On Jan 25, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... Well it is overdue but never too late. We are not so carried away about having a shot on the presidency which is good anyway but I would have preferred a total restructuring of the system and also a creation of another state in the South East most especially creating Anioma state to be part of South East region. To me, this is my greatest wish.

Anioma is anambra dialect. Alaoma is more appropriate for Imo states. Thankyou.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by emi14: 2:41am On Jan 25, 2017
XpensivK:
Dear OBJ as for igbo president, we don't need it again. So don't use that to deceive us because of we are almost there, what we need is BIAFRA REPUBLIC. Gone are those days you people play us in the name of politics, so go to hell with your Nigeria president because you can't deceive us with that again OK. Who is fooling who. Never again never...

One step at a time
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 25, 2017
Obj has obviously given up on the irresponsible nomad...
Thumbs up, We are on same page!!
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by lamilare(m): 2:54am On Jan 25, 2017
Please what is the middle name of Muhammadu Buhari?
I have searched everywhere but can't still get it
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by thedarksider: 3:56am On Jan 25, 2017
Aawizdom:
Well said, but I don't support it, Igbo's 're so ambitious, they will only loot n fly abroad to go n become White...that's always their mindset, n then some1 will take over again n do the same. n it goes.....

that is a problem..i agree with you on that..

many of them have no interest a tall to be africans...

many of them dont even like to have black children..
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by henryhemon(m): 4:20am On Jan 25, 2017
FreeGlobe:
Will afonjas support igbo presidency? Obasanjo is merely speaking to justify rotation in ogun state. Even obasanjo will not support igbo presidency.. Meanwhile is this a confirmation that obasanjo will no be supporting buhari in 2019?

Who are you sure Buhari will vie for presidency in 2019?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Omonigeriarere: 4:20am On Jan 25, 2017
buchai:

Did your people support Ojukwu when he contested for Presidency despite being the son of the land?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by henryhemon(m): 4:22am On Jan 25, 2017
Statsocial:

You may not believe it but not all Igbos are secessionist

70 percent of igbos are not secessionist,it is those who know nothing that are shouting biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by henryhemon(m): 4:32am On Jan 25, 2017
XpensivK:

We don't even know who you are ,who made you an igbo spokesman? Who told you you 're speaking for igbos? stop deceiving with biafra,if there's a referendum between igbos to choose between biafra and staying in Nigeria e go shock you,I repeat many will reject biafra. All we need is restricting and fair play then hold out leaders accountable like the yorubas do,not one stupid man will squander money as an elected official and you people go dumb and start shouting biafra biafra even if you get biafra it won't develop with that mentality,men will still squander resources and you will do nothing. Having biafra does it suddenly mean develooment?will it give you employment?will it bring about better economy? People won't think and just be shouting biafra. Nigeria got independent tey tey where did it leave us?
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by Blaqsuqar: 4:47am On Jan 25, 2017
winterfell007:

Why must u always refer to d yoruba as 'afonja'. It's statement like these that limit our chances of clinching d presidency. I've" warned u guys. Stop making it sound like the igbo nation is full of hate. If u hate d yorubas that's ur cup of tea. I don't hate any tribe I believe we need 2 partner with them 2 get what we want.
1 wise fellow,and also not everyone in the north is part of fulani/hausa mafia,by building strong bridges accross these borders we can take the country from them
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by femi4: 4:47am On Jan 25, 2017
FreeGlobe:
A reputable candidate like Peter Obi might be all that is required
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by muffyt05: 4:57am On Jan 25, 2017
buchai:

You mean the same afonja people?

Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:05am On Jan 25, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
... Well it is overdue but never too late. We are not so carried away about having a shot on the presidency which is good anyway but I would have preferred a total restructuring of the system and also a creation of another state in the South East most especially creating Anioma state to be part of South East region. To me, this is my greatest wish.
Because the already existing tiny States carved out of that little enclave are doing extraordinarily well.
Re: Obasanjo Drums Support For Igbo Presidency In 2019 by awoluyi(m): 5:09am On Jan 25, 2017
How long will some powerful individuals manipulate the political affairs of Nigeria? God, are we destined to remain like this? Is the book of Lamentation written for Nigerians? Good God have mercy on us and silence those that don't wish this country well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nesma Galal: FFK Calls An Egyptian Woman "My Hatun" / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Jimoh Ibrahim Congratulates Trump, Shades TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.