Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu (16572 Views)

INEC Stands By 2019 Election Timetable — Prof. Yakubu / Candidates Jostle For Babachir Lawal’s Position At APC NWC / Senate Fails To Screen Magu, EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

This are not petty procedural issues... the investigation is faulty and cannot be relied upon to indict anybody. You failed to invite the parties involved to even question them and know the extent to which they are culpable by laying the facts of your case before them yet you quickly label them corrupt afterwards. I personally don't have favorable disposition towards that babachair guy but it doesn't mean such poorly investigated case should be used in nailing his coffin. I have always told people who cared to listen that by failing to invite him to their public hearing they succeeded in wasting their time.
Zombie,so you just chose to ignore when Shehu Sani said he was invited and d SGF received d invite? You are really a clown!

4 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Kingbuhari(m): 8:39am On Jan 25, 2017
this will not stop Afonjas from shouting sai baba on empty stomach.... south east/south south still remain the wisest, we see this coming

4 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by nasjk: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2017
we were deceived dazzol.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

This are not petty procedural issues... the investigation is faulty and cannot be relied upon to indict anybody. You failed to invite the parties involved to even question them and know the extent to which they are culpable by laying the facts of your case before them yet you quickly label them corrupt afterwards. I personally don't have favorable disposition towards that babachair guy but it doesn't mean such poorly investigated case should be used in nailing his coffin. I have always told people who cared to listen that by failing to invite him to their public hearing they succeeded in wasting their time.

But in his reaction, Sani said contrary to the claim of lack of fair hearing, a letter was sent to the SGF and was received and acknowledged by his office.

He displayed the acknowledgment letter by the SGF’s office as well as a full page advert published in the Daily Trust edition of December 2, 2016, where he said the SGF was listed among those invited to the investigative hearing.

Is it not obvious enough?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by AZeD1(m): 8:41am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

Did you miss the part were it was stated that a letter was sent to the SFG and also that advert in the news paper?
Did you also miss the part were Dasuki was arrested based on an interim report also?
If that is good enough to arrest Dasuki, it should be good enough for Lawal.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by homesteady(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

Na WA ohh! You did not read the article and just went straight to the comment session posing like someone that knows everything!
I see your comments most times and I'm usually depressed after reading them because they hardly make sense! Now I know why, you don't read the article, just like this your comment has proved! You are the real definition of Zombie!

5 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Bizibi(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2017
Esseite:

But in his reaction, Sani said contrary to the claim of lack of fair hearing, a letter was sent to the SGF and was received and acknowledged by his office.

He displayed the acknowledgment letter by the SGF’s office as well as a full page advert published in the Daily Trust edition of December 2, 2016, where he said the SGF was listed among those invited to the investigative hearing.

Is it not obvious enough?
I think it is time you guys need to ignore hardcore party loyalists on nl, the more you argue,the more you waste your data.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2017
Gbam!
The commander-in-THIEF/london playboy is a BAD JOKE!
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by hegelian: 8:49am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

[quote author]
“I stand by the report of that committee and it was very clear to us. If we allow this committee’s report to be shredded into pieces, then l think it would be in order for us to open all the 138 prisons in this country for all the convicts and awaiting trial inmates to go scot free.

“As far as l am concerned, on behalf of myself and the committee, what we did was a thorough job. We invited all the companies concerned. We invited the SGF and he sent us the secretary of the Presidential Initiative on the North-east.

“The secretary testified under oath that he was competent enough to answer our questions. He came with tons and tons of documents which we went through and then we came out with our report[/quote]

Can you now keep shutits now obvious that you don't read by jump to conclusion...like I always imagine, u are just a very lousy hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:56am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

Stinking hypocrite!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by davereal(m): 8:56am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

Did you even read where Sen. Shehu Sani explained how they invited the accused and even went a step further to publishing the invites on five dailies? It's either you are objectively selective to suit your sentiment or you are one these Nairaland boys that doesn't read in between the lines...Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Splashme: 8:59am On Jan 25, 2017
qw
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by davereal(m): 9:01am On Jan 25, 2017
hegelian:

Can you now keep shutits now obvious that you don't read by jump to conclusion...like I always imagine, u are just a very lousy hypocrite

God bless you!
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Splashme: 9:04am On Jan 25, 2017
Abrupt:
Buhari is truly incompetent.
Only the future knows what we'll find out when he leaves the seat.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Montaque(m): 9:08am On Jan 25, 2017
I will just laugh at this.

Mr. Tokemint, when you stated this 'I believe u mean undefended to u because investigators have carried out their job as instructed by Buhari and Magu has defended himself before them.' and this 'The president has investigated and am certain the result of the investigation will also be forwarded with his name to the senators for confirmation and am certain he will be confirmed', you expected your Buhari to present his own side of the investigation (since we now have two Dss chambers) and forward it to the senate in rebuttal. well it seems the only thing Buhari has are just petty allegations against the senate, without addressing the real issue - the culpability of Mr. Magu.

we are still waiting for the result of the Presidential investigation on Magu, which you and the AGF conducted (since you sounded sure it exist)
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by bejeria101(m): 9:25am On Jan 25, 2017
Buhari! Clearing and forwarding agent
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by mario383: 9:35am On Jan 25, 2017
See term. ''funeral to burry corruption war''
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by josite: 9:39am On Jan 25, 2017
when the nigeria legal priviledges committe held out a very unsound mind as a SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA,this is what you get.even when the stupid senate was screening this guy ,his mediocrity was so evident.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by mario383: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Mr. President, when it comes to fighting corruption in the National Assembly, the judiciary and in the larger Nigeria society, the president uses insecticide, but when it comes to fighting corruption within the presidency, they use deodorant

We all know Buhari isn't fighting Nada, and imagine how saraki would've shut this man up if not for the other senators cry. Buhari you see yourself, everyone is seeing through your eye service of fighting opposition and tagging it corruption tongue. But the funny thing is that Magu will be made EFCC chairman and that SGF is likely to be cleared too.God bless Shehu for speaking out.
That is it. Who will doubt if Magu will not clear SGF? What a zoo. But from the reports being received from London, God is still bigger and more powerful than both Magu, Buhari etc.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by mario383: 10:04am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

Both you and Buhari are suffering from the Shelltox Disinfectant sprayed by Buhari against the opposition and the 7% regions. Are you not aware that the SGF was invited but was told that he is damn to busy to attend to the Senate invitation?
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by eazyjakes(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

vedaxcool:

Did u not read that the Senate committee had a full page advert on Daily trust edition of Dec 2, 2016 where the SGF was listed amongst dose invited by d Senate committee for investigative hearing and that the SGF was sent a letter of invite that was duly acknowledged by his office and that He(SGF) sent the Secretary of the presidential initiative on the north east who presented tons of documents upon which the committee based it's report?

Secondly,like you,I am neither a politician nor do I know or have anytin against babachir lawal, but even if I agree with d presidency dat an interim report by d committee is not substantive enough to call for d sack of the SGF,is it not hypocrisy dat it was an interim report (by the presidential committee to investigate the utilisation of funds for the procurement of arms by past administrations) that the presidency used in ordering for the arrest and prosecution of Dasuki?

On Magu, the presidency responses are : 1) request for response from d nominee to the allegations against him....the presidency did not state his response.....I expect him to deny dem

2)the presidency appeals to the Senate that because fighting corruption is one of its key objective in dis administration and that in its(presidency's) opinion,magu is doing a good job,he should be allowed to continue....
3)despite the presidency asking the attorney general and minister of justice to investigate the allegations against magu and babachir lawal, no mention is made that the presidency's investigation exonerated one or both of dem of any wrong doing.

As important as the number of persons who signed the documents (presidency says 3, shehu said 7 out of 9 signed), I find it ridiculous that the presidency is using dis as basis for clearing the SGF instead of convincing the Senate committee that the SGF has been cleared of any wrongdoing based on the presidency's investigation!

Note dat I never mentioned buhari but presidency in my response,dis govt present disposition does not bode well for us going forward!
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Halo22: 10:18am On Jan 25, 2017
My question is, why would saraki want to stop a committee chairman that was presenting his report......I think I smelt a rat in the way Saraki rapports with the president. The other day Ndume was made to resign as the senate leader just because he had problem with Buhari's men. Saraki should be cautioned so as not to betray those that stood by him during his CCT case.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by slap1(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2017
sad

2 Likes

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by seanswitch(m): 10:57am On Jan 25, 2017
emmasege:
Has anyone noticed that the House of Representatives has been very passive in this dispensation while the Senate is somewhat busy and active?

Your observation is right. Politics and sentiments aside, Saraki has been able to set good agenda for the Senate. In fact the Senate is active, responsive to the yearnings of the people. From stopping the proposed hike in data price to investigations into the plight of IDPs which brought up the issue of 248million grass cutting contract.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by ukipet1: 11:26am On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

it seems u are so dull to read Sani statement, Sani said the SGF was invited and about 3 national dailies have the invitation on a paid page, pls just watch Sani on YouTube about this SGF issue in senate.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by JoNach: 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

This are not petty procedural issues... the investigation is faulty and cannot be relied upon to 7indict anybody. You failed to invite the parties involved to even question them and know the extent to which they are culpable by laying the facts of your case before them yet you quickly label them corrupt afterwards. I personally don't have favorable disposition towards that babachair guy but it doesn't mean such poorly investigated case should be used in nailing his coffin. I have always told people who cared to listen that by failing to invite him to their public hearing they succeeded in wasting their time.

Uncle read well na , haba, he was invited and the letter was acknowledged by his perm sec. And also put up on 3 national dailies to buttress their point.
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by greatcrown: 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Obviously the report that got to PMB was doctored by SGF group to fool presidency.

Abi PMB is part of his group?
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
An EFCC chairman who refuses to obey court order is not fit for this job

Magu has no respect for rule of law and separation of power

Senate are right to go ahead and screen him but he should fail screening! Period!
Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
vedaxcool:

Gid bless you brother longest time, it's bashy_demmy.. My moniker is under BAN by awon alagbara Nairaland...

Like i said before Senate only trying to get back at Executive using Babachir Lawal and Abba Kyari cos they know they are strong men in Buhari cabinets and trying to use them to ridicule PMB Govt...

MTN have since debunk claims about the bribery but wailers are still wailing about it..

They never invited babachir to clear himself and want PMB to just sack him..

They have agenda and try to do anything to pull this Govt down cos no free money as usual..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
EastGold:
Spot on Shehu Sani.

Buhari’s anti corruption war is dead on arrival.

Selective trial up and down.

After your likes will be saying Buhari is appointing Muslim in hos cabinet, Some Muslim are trying to bring Babachir Lawal a christian down by all means..

When last did you hear about Abba Kyari case again? Politician are just doing everything and after Buhari sack him and appoint a Muslim they will come again with religion sentiment.. we need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
Esseite:
“I stand by the report of that committee and it was very clear to us. If we allow this committee’s report to be shredded into pieces, then l think it would be in order for us to open all the 138 prisons in this country for all the convicts and awaiting trial inmates to go scot free.

A doctored signed senate committee invite of 3 senators out of 9 senators..

The rouges even failed to include the signature of the chairman (shehu sani). The main person disgusted by the whole saga.

Their was a country.. i stand with shehu 100% on this one

Sheu Sanni should post his report for us to see instead playing the hide and seek saga, Now they want to confirm Magu who they tag corrupt hahaha..

The senate is as useless as the P in Psychology..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts / Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / James Ibori's 55th Birthday To Be Celebrated At Oghara, In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.