Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD (15062 Views)

FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Oritna94(m): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
which way Nigeria? Sometimes when I think of the myriads of problems we have I just feel depressed.
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Obago1000: 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
But they won't reject to bill us same bill for no power. Animals!!!!
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by boolet: 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
Drdreyy:

A load in applied electricity is any electrical resistance. Popularly known as electrical appliances by a layman. In short, anything that consumes/makes use of electricity is referred to as a load in applied elect.
nagode maka
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by wristbangle: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
Times like this prompt me to say the problem of this country is endemic; that is, we Nigerians are the major problem of ourselves. What justification can be given to why these DISCOS were/are rejecting the power if not for their selfish reason to make masses purchase PMS and DPR which centres around their personal business. The wickedness in this country is not just created by government but her citizens.

Also, some of the masses need to share in the blame because some people boycott heavy gadget on direct link from transformers hence creating revenue loopholes for these discos.

2 Likes

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by kokomilala(m): 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
The energy sector is the tragedy of Nigeria; symptomatic of the nagging ills afflicting our land, like corruption, indiscipline, irresponsibility among public office-holders.
We are not just a serious people! Countries that are not cut from the same cloth with us in terms of potentials have overcome the challenge of power and moved on to other challenges.
The DISCOS have already harboured evil by their brazen corruption and insensitivity to the plight of their customers.As far as this present crop of inept technicians,whose craft and technical know-how had failed before they began, I don't see any good thing coming out of them.I've long given up on them.To say they will turn around is to suggest that hell will freeze over.
What I foresee is bankruptcy and maybe hostile takeovers by serious and interested entrepreneurs who MEAN business.

1 Like

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Bluesearoll(m): 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
Am just curious as to what went wrong? It wasn't like this during Jonathan era. We never had it this bad atleast
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Akinz0126(m): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hunger don nearly finish me hear as such I no fit read waiting the man dey Yan abeg some1 should briefly explain waiting the man dey Yan biko

Hungerbad where are thou?Hunger Bad no be lie
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by chloride6: 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2017
ichidodo:
They should try a lower frequency and maybe distort the amplitude a bit, that can allow easier load collection and distribution...Discos won't take what is potentially hazardous to them and their customers...

Bro, its not an engineering problem... It an economic one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by agabusta: 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
boolet:
What is load?

Drdreyy:

A load in applied electricity is any electrical resistance. Popularly known as electrical appliances by a layman. In short, anything that consumes/makes use of electricity is referred to as a load in applied elect.

Load used in this context is the supplied electricity.
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Funjosh(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2017
Is it NEPA you are paying to or DISCO

akinsuraj:
Shai! Tunder wey go fire this people called disco will come from hell! I suwer.imaging me paying for NEPA I never use
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Funjosh(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
It is a spiritual problem tongue

chloride6:

Bro, its not an engineering problem... It an economic one.

1 Like

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Drdreyy: 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
agabusta:

Wrong! Load used in this context is the supplied electricity.

You are not serious. What is your discipline?

Electricity is supplied to a load, and not the other way around.

We make use of "load" when analyzing electricity consumption.
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by iraborosasu: 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
littlewonders:
Presently, I've stopped reading any news that concern Nigeria politics(lie) until restructuring is allowed.

In the other news;

P*rn films are the most positive movies...
No murder,
No war,
No fight,
No conspiracy,
No cheating,
No racism,
No religious fanatics,
No language problem,
No crying or teasing,
Good cooperation,
Good coordination,
Natural acting,
Everybody enjoys the climax,
Lots of Love,
Always a very happy ending for all the characters !

And the best part....
No matter which point you start watching, you will understand the story.

LMAO..... I haff Die
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Segadem(m): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by fyneguy: 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
The problem is with the DISCOS.

They are not taking electricity from the Transmission Company because of revenue leakages, thereby leaving them with huge debts as they can not store supplied power.

The DISCOS must be able to account for atleast 95% of power supplied to them. However, because of inadequate supply of meters, especially smart meters, they lose revenues. Many consumers do not pay for electricity, whereas the GENCOS will bill them for bulk supply.

Solution:

Discos do not have enough funds to buy smart meters for all customers. They should be compelled to bring new investors on board or outsource metering to various firms with varied capacities, for shared revenue.

Until revenue leakages are addressed, stable power supply is a tall order in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Raddie(m): 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
adioolayi:
why always DISCOS.... can we just redo this NEPA Privatisation again and give the serious minded organisations the thing

you just spoke my mind.

if fash, magu and sir pressy can look into this nepa Privatisation and customs issue eh -immigrations from chad/niger/cameroon precisely. lots of issues will come up but we'd be aware of them and definitely know who the enemies/saboteurs of states are and definitely better off.

if you don't understand my school of thought kindly do yourself the honors and stay off my mentions.
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Smooyis(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
We need true federalism. This is structural problem. Simply let each state have their own grid and source for their energy needs.

1 Like

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by tete7000(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
Baba body language don expire?
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Abeos(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
I work in the control room of ikeja west TCN and within the time I've been there, I can say what the guy said is actually not true. They experience more dropping of frequency
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by obyrich(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
ichidodo:
They should try a lower frequency and maybe distort the amplitude a bit, that can allow easier load collection and distribution...Discos won't take what is potentially hazardous to them and their customers...
The load rejection is deliberate. Nigeria is finished. The idea behind load rejection is to minimise bills from TCN while maximising profit raked in from estimated billing. The only solution to this is strict enforcement of deployment and usage of prepaid metering by these Discos. Once again Nigeria is finished.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
Drdreyy:

The dude is right, load used here is " Load current" And it's frequently used term within the power sector
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by chyket(m): 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
If Nigeria does not amend the constitution and remove power from exclusive list of Federal govt,we will never have improved electricity!!!.The situation where you generate electricity from hydro,solar etc and you still end up passing it on to federal govt via Transmition company of Nigeria is faulty.Company should be allowed to generate and transmit electricity and then pay taxes to federal govt.

1 Like

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by sinkhole: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Everybody just dey exploit Nigerians anyhow. Imagine, DISCO go reject supply, thereby supplying nothing to the consumers but the bill will never stop coming nor reduce!
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by badttrader(m): 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lol...Nigeria my country! grin

The truth is the consumers are owing the discos, the discos are owing TCN and TCN are owing the gencos. Some of the gencos using gas are even owing gas suppliers.

Kainji Dam MD has the mouth to talk because he really may not be owing anybody but he is being owed by somebody. Discos and TCN are running from energy generated because they simply can't pay for it.

The power sector needs reformation for things to start working the normal way. The privatization done by GEJ was the worst ever. The discos as they are now are owned by people who have no business being in the power sector.

I pray fashola does something to this power issue before he leaves, we are drowning.

God help and bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by gabng(m): 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
fyneguy:
The problem is with the DISCOS.

They are not taking electricity from the Transmission Company because of revenue leakages, thereby leaving them with huge debts as they can not store supplied power.

The DISCOS must be able to account for atleast 95% of power supplied to them. However, because of inadequate supply of meters, especially smart meters, they lose revenues. Many consumers do not pay for electricity, whereas the GENCOS will bill them for bulk supply.

Solution:

Discos do not have enough funds to buy smart meters for all customers. They should be compelled to bring new investors on board or outsource metering to various firms with varied capacities, for shared revenue.

Until revenue leakages are addressed, stable power supply is a tall order in Nigeria!

Apart from OP's this is the most sensible post on this thread. Devoid of sentiment & full of common sense.
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by OYAY(m): 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
I think we are in deep shit in this country,the privatisation of PHCN was haphazard in all ramification because those DISCOs know nothing about power transmission hence could not decipher the huge capital outlay they will need to jump start the distribution infrastructure so as to sustain the capacity being generated. The lines and transformers with other ancilliaries of distribution are obsolete and in poor condition hence the DISCOs can't utilise the power being generated and they have no financial and technical capacity to fix them! Shikena
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by nasiest(m): 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
I don't know whether to cry or not
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by cyberguy72(m): 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
googlepikins:
Buhari is a failure period
Typical
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by sshegzzyy: 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Paulscholari:
Shuo.... So na disco dem dey use giv us light, well if disco no wan carry load make dem contact reggae na, abi and after the reggae make dem put wetin..... Make dem put the blues.
y did u want to kill me with laughter. Lol

1 Like

Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by mechanics(m): 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2017
Nawa o, and they keep lying for us that because of pipeline vandalism we dont have constant light. whereas they are not utilizing the energy being produced from our hydro dams, thats serious o
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by Paulscholari(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
sshegzzyy:
y did u want to kill me with laughter. Lol
hahaha hahaha.. Not intentional
Re: Discos Rejecting Load – Kanji MD by agabusta: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Drdreyy:

It is you that is not serious. So what is the contextual meaning of the load simply being referred to in the writeup?

You think contextual meanings must always fall within the limit of its technical meaning?

Can you reject what has already been consumed? Assuming you even put this your last statement before the technical explanation you gave earlier, you would have educated a layman better.

The load being referred to in simple terms is the supplied electricity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro / ECOWAS Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Right Case Against FG / Vice Admiral OS. Ibrahim: New Chief Of Defence Staff.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.