Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,577 members, 7,854,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan (21317 Views)

Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" / Funke Adesiyan Slams Lady Who Criticized Her Over Her Cleavage-Baring Outfit / Funke Adesiyan's Cleavage-Baring Outfit To Saraki’s Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by lilichi: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
please who is she and has she helped anybody?
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by westbee: 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
Why would these so called artists (2baba n co) not protest when there's no more free lunch as it used to be in the past administrations...as for me, I'm sitting at home
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by HCF(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
wellmax:

We have been singing "we are the leaders of tomorrow" since Nineteen gbogboro
Its time to actualize that. Protest as good as it is, is not the only solution.
Stop electing old bags. get involved, participate, seek elective positions and let the youths vote for the youths.
If you say they are all the same, then why are w protesting.

Yes, participation of youths is not entirely a bad idea as u have put it. But, the guy u quoted is not entirely wrong either.

Now, the lady asking us to join Politics, was once an actress. In her capacity as an actress, how did she impact her world?. Did u know you could change someone's mindset by the movies u act, direct or produce?. Did she leave such a legacy? The impression I had about her was not pleasant one...that's the reason some are calling her 'olosho'. Not because she is an actress,some actresses would make the same statement and lots of people would respect their view. So tell me, what do I expect from such a lady if she becomes a politician?

Same applies to those who want to protest. In their capacities as artistes, how have most of them helped their society?. Are they not the same people singing about Drug, glorifying sexual promiscuity and all sorts of unhealthy lifestyles?. Some of them are protesting because they fell out of favour with the current government. The same way those who are benefitting greatly will keep mum despite the messy situation we have found ourselves in.

In short, as individuals we must do things right, call a spade a spade, we must act in the interest of the nation and not allow our self centerdness take the better part of us in whatever position we might be occupying.

Not everyone will be a politician,but everyone can differentiate what is right from what is wrong..
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by wellmax(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
HCF:
Yes, participation of youths is not entirely a bad idea as u have put it. But, the guy u quoted is not entirely wrong either.
Now, the lady asking us to join Politics, was once an actress. In her capacity as an actress, how did she impact her world?. Did u know you could change someone's mindset by the movies u act, direct or produce?. Did she leave such a legacy? The impression I had about her was not pleasant one
That you were not impressed or influenced by her doesn’t mean that other don’t appreciate her or follow her religiously
So tell me, what do I expect from such a lady if she becomes a politician?
She contested and lost the election for House of Assembly in Oyo State 2015. So by our Nigerian definition, she is a politician. All she is saying is getting involved like I did. If and when you win, be the change you so desire. If you think she won’t change, then we can as well assume no one will do well once the win. If this theory holds, then why are we complaining? See I am not against this protest, in fact I am participating, but we must wakeup and stop voting these old recycled politicians.
Same applies to those who want to protest. In their capacities as artistes, how have most of them helped their society?. ...... Some of them are protesting because they fell out of favour with the current government.
This is untrue. How has Tuface, Olamide or Davido fell out with the government?
See we need to stop seeing every protester as someone needing some kind of favours from the government. It only takes a conscience that is alive to speak out against the ills in our society.
Not everyone will be a politician,but everyone can differentiate what is right from what is wrong..
In reality, we are all politicians whether we know it or not. Unless most of us have been living in seclusion during our lifetime, we have consciously or unconsciously actively been involved in politics.

1 Like

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by teelaw4life(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
Afriifa:
Shameful; especially coming from a woman who is seen as the most caring gender in the society.

I keep asking Nigerians, "What are we doing to get rid of them"?

She's right though in a way but not absolutely, we're all involved in governance directly or indirectly. We vote, even the act of protest is also part of the governance process. If we don't want to give them the excuse to shed blood, we get rid of them by contesting and occupying their positions. It won't be easy but nothing good comes easy. One thing is clear in all of this, the time is ripe to chase out career politicians and their children out of our country.

FEB 5TH PROTEST MUST HOLD.
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by martinosi: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
Smellymouth:
"I hereby advise we the youths of this great nation ,the most important part of nation building is to rise and OCCUPY governance..Contest for public offices and be the change you desire.."

[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

ohhhh lawddddd I nearly fell of my chair when I saw this gif!!! lol... they expression
says it all.....

1 Like

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Johnsown1(m): 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
angels09:

good question. .her father was alleged to be one of those who sponsored the murder of Bola Ige. He was appointed minister of police affairs by GEJ.... she contested the state House of assembly but lost
She lost and she is telling us to join politics, so that my registration money will go, i smell scam,

We must protest,
Since we the leaders of tomorrow, lets start jow to build momentum.
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Afriifa(m): 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
teelaw4life:

She's right though in a way but not absolutely, we're all involved in governance directly or indirectly. We vote, even the act of protest is also part of the governance process. If we don't want to give them the excuse to shed blood, we get rid of them by contesting and occupying their positions. It won't be easy but nothing good comes easy. One thing is clear in all of this, the time is ripe to chase out career politicians and their children out of our country.

FEB 5TH PROTEST MUST HOLD.
do we have the resources to do politics?
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
Some oloshos reason via their anuses!
Must every one be a politician?
Why didn't u spit this poo during ojota protests under joe?
So all doctors, lawyers, engineers, artisans etc should quit their professions for politics abi?
Even the few youths that joins are relegated to oblivion by political money bags/ heavy weights!
U sure need a medula upgrade!
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Elle277(f): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
The advice should have come after the protest, we need it now
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by teelaw4life(m): 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Afriifa:
do we have the resources to do politics?

Oh yes we do. Even more than we think. It's not a must to start atbthe very top. Local govts, state house of assemblies, national assembly. There's no limit. The important thing is to connect with the ordinary masses and project to them that we only bring genuine change and are ready to alleviate their sufferings by all means possible. Forget about qualifications, the most important thing is the sincerity to repair this country. It will take a long time but the knowledge that we'll be leaving a better Nigeria for the next generation, our unborn kids should be enough motivation. We have to leave a better Nigeria for our kids than the ones our grand fathers left and our fathers are leaving.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Afriifa(m): 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
teelaw4life:

Oh yes we do. Even more than we think. It's not a must to start atbthe very top. Local govts, state house of assemblies, national assembly. There's no limit. The important thing is to connect with the ordinary masses and project to them that we only bring genuine change and are ready to alleviate their sufferings by all means possible. Forget about qualifications, the most important thing is the sincerity to repair this country. It will take a long time but the knowledge that we'll be leaving a better Nigeria for the next generation, our unborn kids should be enough motivation. We have to leave a better Nigeria for our kids than the ones our grand fathers left and our fathers are leaving.

God bless Nigeria.
You are right, Thank You

1 Like

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
Na talk b dis wey u dey yarn ? Ok. ur name is Funke Adesiyan right? I will make sure ur bounced 4rm being a Nollwood actress.
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by HCF(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
wellmax:

That you were not impressed or influenced by her doesn’t mean that other don’t appreciate her or follow her religiously

She contested and lost the election for House of Assembly in Oyo State 2015. So by our Nigerian definition, she is a politician. All she is saying is getting involved like I did. If and when you win, be the change you so desire. If you think she won’t change, then we can as well assume no one will do well once the win. If this theory holds, then why are we complaining? See I am not against this protest, in fact I am participating, but we must wakeup and stop voting these old recycled politicians.

This is untrue. How has Tuface, Olamide or Davido fell out with the government?
See we need to stop seeing every protester as someone needing some kind of favours from the government. It only takes a conscience that is alive to speak out against the ills in our society.

In reality, we are all politicians whether we know it or not. Unless most of us have been living in seclusion during our lifetime, we have consciously or unconsciously actively been involved in politics.

I get your points. Yes, Funke has followers I am not disputing that. Every celebrity does let alone one that turned politician. I also remember when she made an attempt to get into the Oyo state house of assembly contesting on the platform of PDP and losing to APC in 2015.

But, don't get me wrong, I am not against active participation of Youths as she has advocated-why should I?. There's no better time to be involved than now.

What I am driving at is that the youths who want to venture into politics must be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they can effect the much needed change else we won't see any difference between them and the self-centred old politicians. How can they do this?- Let them discharge their 'non-political' responsibilities with DIGNITY AND INTEGRITY. It is when you do this that I can have confidence in you and vote for you. You can't give what what you don't have.

Without sounding sanctimonious, the chances of someone, found wanting morally, before venturing into politics, becoming a politician of integrity, are very slim....and who do we need in Nigerian political terrain if not competent men and women of proven integrity and empathy.

About Tuface, Davido etc...I chose my words carefully, I said SOME of them, I didn't generalize. Here's an example- there were celebrities who participated in the protest against Subsidy removal during Jonathan administration, where are they now?. or perhaps, where were they when Buhari administration did the same thing they protested against?. Wait and see the celebrities that will join this forthcoming protest, that's when you'll see that the entertainment Industry is divided along political and tribal lines. If this doesn't happen, I will gladly and humbly eat my words.

This is not even a celebrity thing, the day Muslims protest killings of Christians in Southern kaduna and Northerners protest the killings by Fulani herdsmen, the day Christians protest bombing of mosques in the North, the day NLC protests against deplorable state of things and not just for salary increase, then protests will begin to make sense...

In short, YOUTHS who are interested in politics must go into it with integrity and change things for the better, and those who are not cut out for it, should equally play their roles well in nation building ....However I agree with u that everyone is a 'political animal' but this should not becloud our sense of patriotism smiley

2 Likes

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by tillaman(m): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
Noted
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by Exponental(m): 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Over 160million should contest for how many seats? I shake my head for you funke!!!!
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by soath(m): 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Tuface calling for massive protest may be right but about half of the potential protesters did not vote. Their votes could been the difference.

Tuface is right but Adesiyan make sense pass.
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by drogs(m): 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
You're entitled to your dumb opinion. Who are you sef? O
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by mykeljosef: 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
wellmax:
Well she has a point.
Get involved in the electoral process.

idiocy Is not by age or gender

you can be a youth n still be as useless as buhari

if you are getting into politics just coz you want "youths in power" then you a bigger idiat than thise who vote based off religion or tribal and ethnic lines

all Nigeria needs is someone who has ideas

those ideas are well debated and analyzed b4 the election

and whoever Nigeria deem fit will only simply execute his/her plan

rather than promise heaven on earth to the poverty and hunger stricken masses accompanied by bread ,ankara and 2000 naira
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by davidif: 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
KingstonDome:
Following the highly publicized upcoming Feb 5 protest initiated by 2baba, Nollywood actress, Funke Adesiyan has sent out a meesage to celebrities who have planned to take part in the protest.

She said instead of them all protesting they should all join politics instead.

Below is a screenshot of what she said.

[url]kingstondome..com.ng/2017/01/dont-protest-join-politics-instead-says.html?m=1[/url]

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

And how exactly can we do that when the entire system is rigged in favor of the wealthy, the corrupt and the political elites?

Goodness! some of the naive posts you read on here are just stunning at times.

1 Like

Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by davidif: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2017
wellmax:
Well she has a point.
Get involved in the electoral process.

And how exactly can you do that when the system is rigged in favor of the political class?
Re: Don't Protest, Join Politics Instead Says Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by davidif: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
KingstonDome:
Following the highly publicized upcoming Feb 5 protest initiated by 2baba, Nollywood actress, Funke Adesiyan has sent out a meesage to celebrities who have planned to take part in the protest.

She said instead of them all protesting they should all join politics instead.

Below is a screenshot of what she said.

[url]kingstondome..com.ng/2017/01/dont-protest-join-politics-instead-says.html?m=1[/url]

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Gets N1m Bail / Gifty And Eucharia Anunobi On A Movie Set In Abuja (Photo) / Patrick Elis Pictured With His Baby Mama And Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.