Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,182 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) (6441 Views)

Every Woman Is Born With This Talent Of Looking At Phone Of Partner / 24-year-old Nigerian Lady Is Selling Her Virginity For 50,000 Euros (photos) / See Gobe!!!man Exposes Girl On Facebook For Infecting Him With Hiv(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by NEHLIVE: 12:41am On Jan 30, 2017
A 24-year-old lady identified as Doreen Moraa who was born with HIV, narrates how she found out she had the disease when she was only a child in primary school.

According to Kenyan-born Doreen Moraa, she discovered she was actually born with HIV when she was only a primary school student. Her parents are said to be a 'discordant couple' (one is HIV positive while the other is HIV negative)

Doreen who has five siblings who are HIV free, said she decided to share her story to let people know that living with the disease is not a death sentence.

Doreen explains how she found out her HIV status below:

“When I was aged 12 and a pupil in Standard Seven. During one of my many hospital visits, I overheard my mum talking with my doctor. All along, I was visiting the hospital, but I did not know what exactly was wrong with me. I heard the doctor ask my mum: ‘When did you discover that she is HIV (Positive)'?

I did not even wait to hear my mum’s response. I was already confused. I found out when we had already been introduced to HIV in class. So, our teacher made it sound like it was a death sentence. I was shocked to hear the doctor’s question directed at my mum. But after some time I thought to myself: maybe I heard the wrong thing. I thus brushed it off.

The following year, my mum went into coma. She was really sick. Actually, we had given up. We thought she was going to pass on. But then, she recovered. And after fully regaining her health, she took me to hospital, I got tested and the doctor disclosed to me my HIV status. He told me: ‘Doreen, you will have to take antiretroviral medicines for the rest of your life."

Even though she is full of life, Doreen says she has not had an easy time in her dating life, as some guys just run away when they know about her HIV status.

She said she once went out with a guy who thought she was joking about her being HIV positive, and eventually when they both went to get tested and the guy turned out to be negative while she was 'really positive' the guy was left shocked.

At first, he thought she was joking and so they went to get tested together. She came out positive and the guy was negative. He was shocked and couldn’t speak on their way home. With that, she feels challenged to disclose her status to someone because of their reaction.

Doreen has since set up a group called Hope Alive, which is aimed at spreading awareness that living with HIV is not the end of the world. She has a word of encouragement :

“HIV is not a death sentence and the cure to HIV doesn’t lie in some laboratory in America, China, Korea or Britain.”

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2017/01/meet-24-year-old-physically-endowed.html

1 Like

Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by NEHLIVE: 12:41am On Jan 30, 2017
cool
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by reyscrub(m): 1:06am On Jan 30, 2017
Sweet honey in devil belly!

Make a choice shocked
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by CoolFreeday(m): 2:45am On Jan 30, 2017
Thanks for always disclosing your true status, that's the different between you and our ladies.

Thank God for PMTCT. Ignorant guys
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by carzola(m): 2:55am On Jan 30, 2017
The condom busted...
Ooooouuu!!!
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Luciferdevil(m): 6:03am On Jan 30, 2017
i always have a thing for big waist. My dear i dnt care if u hiv positive, na doggy sure pass for this kan waist
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Luciferdevil:
i always have a thing for big waist. My dear i dnt care if u hiv positive, na doggy sure pass for this kan waist
I pity U...
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 7:11am On Jan 30, 2017

Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by makydebbie(f): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Oga its too early for all this nauundecided
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 7:16am On Jan 30, 2017
makydebbie:
Oga its too early for all this nauundecided

Too early for what exactly?? undecided
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by makydebbie(f): 7:17am On Jan 30, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Too early for what exactly?? undecided
Nothing embarassed
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 7:19am On Jan 30, 2017
makydebbie:
Nothing embarassed

Lol, now she is scared to say what's on her mind... cheesy
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by makydebbie(f): 7:37am On Jan 30, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Lol, now she is scared to say what's on her mind... cheesy
Lol I realised I wasn't minding my business
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by EWAagoyin(m): 7:58am On Jan 30, 2017
holy Molly.... see waist but restricted no be every mountain person they climb sha...
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol I realised I wasn't minding my business

Good for you... cool
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by princeemmma(m): 11:18am On Jan 30, 2017
abi u dey mad nii, u get HIV and u still dey fresh like this, i don believe it

Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2017
Luciferdevil:

RIP in advance.

1 Like

Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
Kenya and bad news na 5 and 6
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by BigThinAbner: 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Luciferdevil:
You are using ur destiny to play lawn tennis.. I pity you!
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by BigThinAbner: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Oga boss..why do u always post "lines" on every thread
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by MarkGeraldo(m): 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
I wonder whether she has libido at all....
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2017
BigThinAbner:

Oga boss..why do u always post "lines" on every thread

Cos ion think I have anything to contribute... cool
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by EmperorShizzy: 6:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Cos ion think I have anything to contribute... cool

I see

Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2017
EmperorShizzy:

I see

Guy, no be you dey ask me the question nah... undecided
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by EmperorShizzy: 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Guy, no be you dey ask me the question nah... undecided

u say angry

Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2017
EmperorShizzy:

u say angry
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by EmperorShizzy: 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Luciferdevil(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2017
Equal2DeTask:
I pity U...
U dey pity for Lucifer abi?
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Luciferdevil(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2017
rebirthforgoody:

RIP in advance.
Am waiting for u in my kingdom
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Luciferdevil:
Am waiting for u in my kingdom

Noooo I reject it in Jesus name Amen
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Luciferdevil(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2017
rebirthforgoody:

Noooo I reject it in Jesus name Amen
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha na so u dey fear?
Re: Meet 24-year-old Physically Endowed Woman Born With HIV (photos) by Equal2DeTask(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
Luciferdevil:
U dey pity for Lucifer abi?
When Lucifer Jam U na..u go deY weep like mad man.. Na U find trouble

(1) (2) (Reply)

MY Greatest Money Ritual — Am I Wicked? [Picture] / Angry Looking Solider Refused To Wear A Traditional Attire On His Wedding Day / Pubic Hair Wahala; Honest Suggestions Are Kindly Welcomed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.