Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North (808 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Why Buhari Should Not Contest In 2019 - Arewa Youths / "Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by coolscott(m): 1:59am On Jan 31, 2017
Many of us have respected the north for a long time but the reason I say firmly that a Buhari is presidency is bad for the north is that he seems to be eroding almost all of the respect we used to have for the north.

We know that there are many cerebral leaders from the North. Even IBB that lots of people do not like, had a clear mind.

Immediately after the 2011 elections, I planned to vote in 2015 for Ibrahim Shekarau, former governor of Kano state. I did not vote a Northerner in 2015 because I saw the horror in the leadership error being promoted into power by a coalition of politicians from across the country.

Buhari is bad for the north because those that do not like the north now will end up (as they are even trying to do now) painting every Northern leader with the same Brush of the leadership failure characterized by the Buhari administration.

Has Buhari's leadership been perceived by the majority as failed? Yes.

Are all northern leaders like him? No

This is why I say he is bad for the north - he is drawing to them a bad name.
Re: Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by coolscott(m): 2:09am On Jan 31, 2017
The northerners are now looking like Igbos in some respects.
Even worse sometimes. Bad
Re: Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by edlion57(m): 2:11am On Jan 31, 2017
Donald Trump this post away
Re: Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by owobokiri(m): 2:22am On Jan 31, 2017
coolscott:
Many of us have respected the north for a long time but the reason I say firmly that a Buhari is presidency is bad for the north is that he seems to be eroding almost all of the respect we used to have for the north.

We know that there are many cerebral leaders from the North. Even IBB that lots of people do not like, had a clear mind.

Immediately after the 2011 elections, I planned to vote in 2015 for Ibrahim Shekarau, former governor of Kano state. I did not vote a Northerner in 2015 because I saw the horror in the leadership error being promoted into power by a coalition of politicians from across the country.

Buhari is bad for the north because those that do not like the north now will end up (as they are even trying to do now) painting every Northern leader with the same Brush of the leadership failure characterized by the Buhari administration.

Has Buhari's leadership been perceived by the majority as failed? Yes.

Are all northern leaders like him? No

This is why I say he is bad for the north - he is drawing to them a bad name.

What is this one blabbing about. If your leaders must come from the north, thats your own kettle of fish, but don't come here making it look like the problem is that we haven't tried much of them, we have! Balewa,Shagari, Buhari, Abacha, Abubakar Buhari, even Murtala.., all came with one stuupid political ambition that traumatized this country to no end. Balewa and the Sarduana orchestrated the imprisonment of Awolowo in a bid to make Akintola more politically prominent so they can form an alliance with a southern lackey and dominate the nation afterwards. It backfired and led to "operation wetee" that ultimately destroyed the first republic as it gave the coup plotters enough reason to strike.

Murtala came in and introduced that silly slogan "with immediate effect". And so threatened by the more educated permanent secretaries in the civil service, he sacked most of them one morning with "immediate effect"! Emptied almost all the national civil service in a swoop! His reason? He was fighting corruption. He threw away the baby with the birth water. That was the end of Nigerias civil service! What we have had since then are thugs, party rats, tribal henchmen and co being recruited to fill-in sensitive positions in the service and you can bet the civil service is the most corrupt institution in this country. Enter Shagari with Umaru Dikko them. Corruption personified and this countrys march toward democratization was also ruined again. Then 1984 buhari and his austerity measures and high handedness. Babangida and his killings and corruption. Abacha? You know everything about that one. Now buhari again...

Where are the shining lights? Do they have the requisite intellectual draw for sensitive leadership? Is the north curious about urbanization, formal education or even liberalization? Where is the hunger for modernization? Do you know how many hundreds of billions of dollars that have been wasted by these men? What was the cost of the "Marshal plan" that set Europe on the right part of recovery after the world war? 50 billion! Do you know how many times the northern dominated political structure post 1970 has wasted that amount? Over and over and over again? What is it really that makes you believe that your savior is coming from the north? Tell me..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by freeze001(f): 5:32am On Jan 31, 2017
Owobokiri! Thanks so much for your apt response. I wonder why people like to package lies and sell as the truth and some unsuspecting or just naturally dull ones will buy and run with it! You will soon see those that will come and yap about how the northern elite hate buhari because they are corrupt like he isn't worse than all of them!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by Montaque(m): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2017
Buhari is north-personified
Re: Why Buhari Has Been Bad For The North by owobokiri(m): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
freeze001:
Owobokiri! Thanks so much for your apt response. I wonder why people like to package lies and sell as the truth and some unsuspecting or just naturally dull ones will buy and run with it! You will soon see those that will come and yap about how the northern elite hate buhari because they are corrupt like he isn't worse than all of them!

They are very good at selling dog poo for candy..

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Beloved President Back? / Breaking.... Acting President Of Nigeria Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Visited Edo State / A Case Of Two Thieves: One A Sheikh, One Jagaban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.