Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,811 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? (40507 Views)

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by ethankareem(m): 7:30am On Feb 01, 2017
Mothers always have a way manipulating der kids. For example if ur mother was wrong abt somtin and its so obvious, if dey start crying with explanation dey will just become right suddenly.............I juba 4 my mama, .¸¸.•°` love you daku
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by justmenoni: 7:35am On Feb 01, 2017
Boys love their mothers while girls love their fathers
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by histemple: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2017
Fairgodwin:
I have always wondered too. I never loved my father half as much as I love my mother.
But now the whole thing is beginning to trouble me, because I know I'm a man too and I'm likely to have kids someday who might, no not might, but DEFINITELY love their mother than they love me. This is making marriage very scary and uninteresting to me.
I think it is just a natural phenomenon that we can neither 'fight' nor erase. Guys, I'm sorry we just have to deal with it.

Whoever doesn't love his dad should remember that he might become a father someday.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by SalamRushdie: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2017
I really dont know ...I find it so hard to give my Dad upto 200k but when I made my first ten millionthe first thing i did was buy my mum a tear leather car even though i was using a used car
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Rexling(m): 8:05am On Feb 01, 2017
Truth be told,most kids love their mums more than their dads because of the caring nd loving nature of their mums......Dads are like furnace where they pass through for a good character,time mgt,financial mgt,independency e.t.c........There is nothing as sweet as freedom.Nobody wants his/her freedom to b restricted.Thats why many wil hate dat man(dads).......I do love mum more bt i stil thank dad for the man ve' become.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by rushman003: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2017
Because mothers dont boss..... but the fact is mothers love is to spoil the child but father's actions and love is for self discipline......
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Sainttops(m): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2017
CHOPUP411:
Because most of us suck breast

I beg like for mothers and share for fathers

Sone ladies suck cucumber
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Origin(f): 8:35am On Feb 01, 2017
Eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrmmmmmm.

Shirking of duties
Chasing after girls
Not getting involved in their children's lives.
Stays home 25% of the time and only to complain and go T bed.

The list goes on.........

I can assure you a good father gets recognition from his kids. My whole family even extended loves my dad cos he's always got your back 247.
Call my dad midnight say u get stomach ache. If you no careful he fit don reach before you drop phone and Na prayers all the way.

Supportive, Caring, Helpful, Free Advisory, Mentor. Hates Noise, Hates Bad Language, Always wants you to better yourself always.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by pressplay411(m): 8:55am On Feb 01, 2017
Cos we are raised to believe Father is Superman while mothers are weaker.
Which in most cases is true.
Also men tend to gravitate to their moms while women are closer to their dads most cases.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by DeRay98(m): 8:58am On Feb 01, 2017
Acidosis:
1. Reason is because majority hail from single, broken and separated homes.

2. Those who weren't separated have been induced by brainwashing messages from their mothers. Mumu kids too would believe every negative thing they hear about their fathers hook, line and sinker.

3. It is only in Nigeria people claim they love their mothers more. One would begin to imagine whether there are another sets of mothers they call "Mother-In-Law". Talk about the power of self-acclaimed love, selfish and self-centered love and brainwashing from infancy.
Una love una mama, but hate mother in laws. So much for the so called love.

Anyway, I love my dad and my mom equally. Mom played her role, same with dad, so they both deserve the good stuffs from a proud son.

My Diamond medal goes to you. You're the true son of your parents.
Small boys and girls posting rubbish.
Mothers in marriages were supposed to raise the kids and teach them how their dad loved them by working hard to provide their needs. His absence from home is mainly due to his hustling to make money for them and when he gets home he's too stressed to connect emotionally or frustrated with the battles outside.
Instead, for selfish reasons they feast on their connection with their kids and take advantage.
My mother never tolerated any negative attitudes from us towards our dad even in his absence. That was a loyal mother and faithful wife.
As for the single mothers out of wedlock, either during a relationship that had not been defined for marriage before pregnancy came, they push the blame on their boy friends but forget to admit their complicity in getting pregnant when they have not married.
Now, they feed their children with hatred against their kids father.
My sisters were raised by my mom to love and support their husbands they (4) have been doing just that. The seniors ones have helped their to succeed and become landlords, own cars and trained their kids.
Shame to mothers who take advantage of their role keep the children to themselves while the do not know that it's injustice to their fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 01, 2017
Neither the two was there as a child..... Buy no matter where they are I feel more and thinks more of what my mother would look like..... I feel for her more and thinks of her more as if there's no father in the picture...... THE UNBLICAL CORD I THINK IS THE REASON. my grandmother raised me up to my 8yrs and left BUT I LOVE HER MORE THAN MY GRAND FATHER..... WHEN I SAY MY MOTHER THIS DAYS WHAT I MEAN IS MY GRAND MOTHER. I WILL ALSO WANT MY CHILDREN TO LOVE THEIR MOTHER VERY MORE MUCH AND MY WIFE LOVE ME MORE...... if they give her more she shares with me...... Life goes on till we leave them.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by miriamchi(f): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2017
Arewa12:
Cuz their more single mothers than father
I came from a single hum... I can give my mother my life!!!!
You just said it all.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by mascutech(m): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
Ayima:
It is very common that when people talk about their parents,they always describe their mother emphatically as been good and helpful but when you ask them about their father? The usual response is haaaa! that one? He is just there o or you hear something like abeg leave that one with his wahala o. What are the reasons behind this?
80% our fathers is not caring
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by ralphblac(m): 10:02am On Feb 01, 2017
me and my children 5&6 there are always happy while am at home, if am going out i answer question daddy where are you going? love my kids.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by UjSizzle(f): 10:17am On Feb 01, 2017
A lot of fathers don't bond with their children. They've made it the exclusive duty of the mothers, while they chase after money for the family. It's not late to fix this problem when you have kids.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by FlamesD: 10:20am On Feb 01, 2017
Tinalex:
The same reason why 80% of guys nowadays are the way they are, "irresponsibility". Most men are just baby daddies and not fathers so they lay no good legacy for their sons/daughters. They go about saying "a woman runs the home and we are polygamous by nature" Hence the love for mothers. Go out there and see women hustling for the upkeep of their children. May every good father and mother reap the fruit of their labour.

Amen
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Arewa12: 10:24am On Feb 01, 2017
miriamchi:
You just said it all.
abi naw!!! Talking from reality
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 01, 2017
Sorry am not MOST PEOPLE i love my father more than my mother

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2017
modath:

60-40 is at par to you? HOW? If it's not 50-50, then it's not equal so don't even try to make case for it...

Sweet mother anyday!!! They understand you without going into long details but fathers? Story!! smiley
My Dear, that's why I used the prefix "almost"...

You people (mothers/women) have a way of capturing the hearts of kids. I am scared o because I want my kids to love me so much, as much as my wife(to be) at least... LOL
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by virtuosqueen(f): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2017
A boy came home with his home work.
Boy:My teacher told me to make a kite with this instructions...pointing the book to his Dad.
Dad: I'm too tired for this,beside I have forgotten how to make a kite.
Mom: Bring it let me try.
The Mom in her fatigued state made the kite for her son.He was delighted.
Who would he be close to?
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2017
NevetsIbot:
the only memory of the time i ever played with my father was at age 5,....... Before n after then...we were strangers... Till now....

Buh mum,... God bless her... My everyday playmate and gist padi

A friend called his pastor father his bestfriend and I was like 'Dude, are you frigging kidding me?'. Then I saw the way he and his Dad joked nd talked like old friends..... Jokes I'd make with my dad and recieve knocks those days, this guy nd his dad were laughing over it....... I wish i have that sort of relationship with Dad. First and only time I got jealous in my life

Be that kind of dad to your son wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2017
I love both my parents, they are awesome people. But I'm more closer to my dad.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by NevetsIbot(m): 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
lovelygurl:

Be that kind of dad to your son wink

sure thing
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by RaeMystix: 1:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
I love my parents equally.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Donald7610: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
When children get matured
They will love the right person

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by janefrancisca(f): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
I love both quite alright but I love my dad more...Y? he is always got my back...Even though he wasn't always around due to d nature of his business, wen he is around...everyday is just like Christmas....even though he is always forming badoo on d outside...one complaint of headache or no pocket money and see him in action...yeah he is d kind of dad dat can give his all for u....and whatever I may become 2moro...I owe it to my dad cos he is my hero...
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Acidosis:
1. Reason is because majority hail from single, broken and separated homes.

2. Those who weren't separated have been induced by brainwashing messages from their mothers. Mumu kids too would believe every negative thing they hear about their fathers hook, line and sinker.

3. It is only in Nigeria people claim they love their mothers more. One would begin to imagine whether there are another sets of mothers they call "Mother-In-Law". Talk about the power of self-acclaimed love, selfish and self-centered love and brainwashing from infancy.
Una love una mama, but hate mother in laws. So much for the so called love.

Anyway, I love my dad and my mom equally. Mom played her role, same with dad, so they both deserve the good stuffs from a proud son.

Any proof of the bolded?

How many foreign songs was sang in praise of a father?
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by samsam2019: 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
I like my own dad more
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
UjSizzle:
A lot of fathers don't bond with their children. They've made it the exclusive duty of the mothers, while they chase after money for the family. It's not late to fix this problem when you have kids.
But mothers chase after money too
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by UjSizzle(f): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
CFCman:

But mothers chase after money too
She knows her responsibility is the kids anyway, and so makes time for them.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
UjSizzle:

She knows her responsibility is the kids anyway, and so makes time for them.
Right
Anyway, I'll try to be there for my kids as much as possible

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2017
CHOPUP411:
Because most of us suck breast

I beg like for mothers and share for fathers

Come back after 20yrs and ask your question again. You will get very different results, I assure you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? / John, Peter And Jamie Obidiegwu Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday / Pregnant Woman Dances For 3 Hours, Gives Birth Afterwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.