Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,155 members, 7,953,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? (40504 Views)

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Eh nicht

You googled that up johr loool gleich zu Ihnen ko typical Google translator grin

grin grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
ellacute45:

grin grin cheesy

Loool abi grin

First I was like oh crap he speaks deutsch oo but then reread it and calmed down grin
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by abbey621(m): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Eh nicht

You googled that up johr loool gleich zu Ihnen ko typical Google translator grin

Of course I did, my ancestors are not Germans o grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
abbey621:

Of course I did, my ancestors are not Germans o grin grin grin

Loool I envy your skin tone by the way

Literally goals grin like that of Nikki Perkins kiss

Doesn't change the fact that I don't like people who skipped primary school though grin
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Loool abi grin

First I was like oh crap he speaks deutsch oo but then reread it and calmed down grin

Google is known for translating rubbish. I don't even use it grin
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Seahawk: 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
Your mother in law does not love you like your mother does. I would think it's common sense to reciprocate the love your mom gives you.
Do you love your mother in law as much as you love your mother?
You have made no sense:
Acidosis:
1. Reason is because majority hail from single, broken and separated homes.

2. Those who weren't separated have been induced by brainwashing messages from their mothers. Mumu kids too would believe every negative thing they hear about their fathers hook, line and sinker.

3. It is only in Nigeria people claim they love their mothers more. One would begin to imagine whether there are another sets of mothers they call "Mother-In-Law". Talk about the power of self-acclaimed love, selfish and self-centered love and brainwashing from infancy.
Una love una mama, but hate mother in laws. So much for the so called love.

Anyway, I love my dad and my mom equally. Mom played her role, same with dad, so they both deserve the good stuffs from a proud son.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by abbey621(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Loool I envy your skin tone by the way

Literally goals grin like that of Nikki Perkins kiss

Doesn't change the fact that I don't like people who skipped primary school though grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy angry angry cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by laribari(m): 11:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ayima:
A friend once told me he want his father to die so he can have freedom.

He is a fool. Many of us are disciplined the way we are because of our father but some mothers can spoil pikin live sha.

My cousins are nuisance today becos their mum spoilt them and now she's late, her sons are aimless people with ruined destiny.

My papa Na my padi today and we talk like men do but in those days Na him army belt the man dey use reshape us. Today, I just can't misbehave and have hardly been influenced by friends becos the discipline dey blood already.

My mum was extra fantastic and for my 100 level for uniben that year, my mum dey cook correct Egusi soup come for me whenever she come buy goods for benin. Sometimes she dey drop cash too grin.

We were not rich then as mumsi dey sell garri in bags but she still dey hustle for us inside to rooms face me I face you house. God bless that woman. Now as a big boy (out of skool) she dey my house now and she's getting all the love she deserves as well as eating from her sweat. cool cool cool cool

However, many of the things my dad dey beat us for, looking back today I realized it was for my own good.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by laribari(m): 12:19am On Feb 09, 2017
Smallish:
I prefer my dad to my mum.

Nwanna I dey telly you!

Many brada destiny don enter suckaway becos of over pamper from dem mama. You know what is pampers, this thing that nwan boy wearh.

When some mama see the truth dem nor fity talk or correct them pikin and the mumu go say him mama love am. Nna mehnthat kind love di very dangerous ehn!

I dey telly you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by iRepNaija1: 3:56am On Feb 09, 2017
abbey621:

I can't help but laugh, if you ever think a man could be as emotionally present as a woman. Reason women develop those bonds is because they are the ones primarily at home and yes we are talking about Nigeria but no there is no need for statistics because it is just too plain to see! I can see you have no child of your own and most likely you had some daddy issues while growing up; if not you would realize that in a house where tomato paste and dried peppers are used to cook everyday, the children would complain but take away the food and leave them with just garri and they start longing for the tomato paste and dried pepper stew. A father's job is to be a good role model, provide for his family and keep them safe, he is not in competition with his wife for the affection of their kids hence the reason why I said both parents should not create an atmosphere where they have to compete for the love of their children but teach those children to love and appreciate the life they have. To cut the long story short, the reasons you gave for loving your mom more than your dad are valid but naive, as a child you could get away with that type of thinking but when you become all grown up and start experiencing life,such thinking belongs in the zoo...No need for argument here, this is just my opinion, your opinion clearly differs so let's leave it at that!

Reason women develop those bonds is because they are the ones primarily at home and yes we are talking about Nigeria but no there is no need for statistics because it is just too plain to see!

No. The reason women are considered more nurturing and caring is because Nigerian society dictates it to be that way. Men can be just as nurturing to their own children as any women can be, all they have to be is be willing to learn. You're too hung about gender roles, about what a woman is supposed to be and what a man is supposed to be. I dare you to think beyond that.

I can see you have no child of your own and most likely you had some daddy issues while growing up

You don't know me and don't pretend to. We were having a difference of opinion and there was no need for you to make a unrelated and unfounded insult. That's what children do when they know they're losing an argument.

hence the reason why I said both parents should not create an atmosphere where they have to compete for the love of their children but teach those children to love and appreciate the life they have

You're the one who brought up the point about parents not creating an atmosphere where there's competition. I never mentioned that in my original point. Even if there is no competition and a child ends up preferring one parent over the other, there's nothing that can be done about it.

To cut the long story short, the reasons you gave for loving your mom more than your dad are valid but naive, as a child you could get away with that type of thinking but when you become all grown up and start experiencing life,such thinking belongs in the zoo...No need for argument here, this is just my opinion, your opinion clearly differs so let's leave it at that!

Like I said, you don't know me and you don't know my situation or my life so please stop trying to. You're more than welcome to your opinion, but there's no need for you to be a condescending ass about it.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by rainerboy1010: 4:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Blessograo:
Mothers are for emotional support and fathers for financial support and moral support

issipriye
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Kelvin3476: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
Edwinmason:
a little boy came back from school one day under a heavy rain..the boy enter the house and saw the father
FATHER: you foolish boy why didnt you wait for the rain to stop before u cum eh...now look at d way u wet yourself..the boy went to the mother
MOTHER: shai...this stupid rain cudnt wait for my baby to come back home b4 falling eh...come and take off your wet clothes let me go and prepare hot tea to warm yourself..
..OP be the judge yourself
AND NOW THE MUM ENDED UP SPOILING THE KID
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Kelvin3476: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
Twizzy30:
Same here op. Na my momsie I like, if we watching movie in the sitting room nd pman enter, we go just disperse like smoke. That's when he's gonna start complaining abt hw u didn't do this n that very well.
THATS WHY SINGLE MOTHERS TRAIN SHITTY KIDS.

DADS WILL SHOW U THE REALITY , WHILE MUMS HIDE IT .
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by pressplay411(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ayima:
It is very common that when people talk about their parents,they always describe their mother emphatically as been good and helpful but when you ask them about their father? The usual response is haaaa! that one? He is just there o or you hear something like abeg leave that one with his wahala o. What are the reasons behind this?

Inexplicably, sons gravitate towards their mothers, while daughters gravitate towards their fathers.
Biology is yet to explain this phenomenon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Reconciled With Her Husband On His Sick Bed The Same Day He Died / Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? / John, Peter And Jamie Obidiegwu Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.