Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? (39243 Views)

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
Twizzy30:
Same here op. Na my momsie I like, if we watching movie in the sitting room nd pman enter, we go just disperse like smoke. That's when he's gonna start complaining abt hw u didn't do this n that very well.
"DADDY'S BACK!!!!!!''..... Everywhere go just silent........ Chai. Dads sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Miguelflacko(m): 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
its simple... because they love their mother more than their father...
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by MzDarocha(f): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2017
The last time I checked..... My dad is still my favourite
Don't get me wrong dou
I Love the both of them endlessly
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by DBlackCeazer(m): 11:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
Mum said she'll rather die first than see me dead. RIP Ma!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Suspect33(m): 12:02am On Feb 01, 2017
Edwinmason:
a little boy came back from school one day under a heavy rain..the boy enter the house and saw the father
FATHER: you foolish boy why didnt you wait for the rain to stop before u cum eh...now look at d way u wet yourself..the boy went to the mother
MOTHER: shai...this stupid rain cudnt wait for my baby to come back home b4 falling eh...come and take off your wet clothes let me go and prepare hot tea to warm yourself..
..OP be the judge yourself
dis one no be for my kaban oh, after my pille don use insult gve u r.k.o, my mille go complete am with spear

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by fowosh: 12:04am On Feb 01, 2017
let me ask uncle bimbo who is living next to our room,who knows maybe he WL knw it..since e is working wt Mr biggs
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 01, 2017
Its natural and there's nothing we could do about it. Children who stay close to their mother will inevitably grew up to like/love their mum more than the dad.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 01, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
Mum said she'll rather die first than see me dead. RIP Ma!

I feel you brother, may her soul rest in the bosom of the Lord.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 01, 2017
Depends on your closeness with them both both.
MzDarocha:
The last time I checked..... My dad is still my favourite

Don't get me wrong dou

I Love the both of them endlessly
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Tidamsel:
Well wot I do no is boyz tendz 2 luv deir modaz more Dan deir fadaz while girlz is vice versa.
BT if u ask in general I will say a modaz luv is INCOMPARABLE & UNEXPLAINABLE, Itz jus NATURAL.
Thumbs up 2 all d luvn modaz in d world.!!!

10Q U!!

What exactly is this trying to say? I hate seeing this kind of write up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Greenbullet(m): 12:16am On Feb 01, 2017
The truth is that most Nigerian dads are dictatorive dícks,they treat you like hogwash .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:19am On Feb 01, 2017
Bobugee:

I feel you brother, may her soul rest in the bosom of the Lord.
Amen, thanks
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by davidterna: 12:20am On Feb 01, 2017
Very good topic.I hope everyone will agree with me that every good society is a product of good/discipline home? Frm most comments I hv read shows why society hv failed us. If in a family there are different responsibilities and roles then hw comes love is heavier on one side? Becos of somebody hv failed to play its parts? Perhaps it's simply becos in that Garden we all carry a seed from it called 'SIN' and that makes our society degenerated to its present state of today knowing fully well that we shall one day become like father and mother and also experience the bitterness our parent do.
Advice : lets try and control these love of ours for the good society of tomorrow. A man cannot be a woman so a woman cannot be a man.Thanks and lets think.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by marshalcarter: 12:24am On Feb 01, 2017
rubbish angry dislike em both undecided
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by kpaofame: 12:25am On Feb 01, 2017
I be Ose pikin....closer to my fada...old dude wont eat without me when i was back home grin

God bless my Father and grant him longevity with good health....I need hammer bless am back...he tried

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:26am On Feb 01, 2017
Obviously the mothers are always closer.They carried us, breast fed us cook for us, bathed us, e.t.c. The strength of a woman is worth all the love on earth. Growing up, I saw my dad as a pain in the neck, like a problematic person. But as I got older, we began to bond and became confidants. we talked to each other a lot more.

Burying my dad was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. 3years on and I still weep about him.

Moral of the my story: No time to play favourites bond with em as much as you can, because you don't know the value of something till you lose it. Shout out to every father here, they're like unsung heroes.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 01, 2017
Mothers love us more too and are closer to us. It's only natural we love them more. Sweet mothers.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Carbeenz(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2017
I beg like for mothers and share for fathers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by princeakins(m): 12:27am On Feb 01, 2017
kerryjossy:
Your biological existence started right inside her!

Ur biological look is stunning cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Oreoluwa09(f): 12:37am On Feb 01, 2017
Cos mothers can do a lot of things dat fathers can't do, nd they're always patient and loving, it takes a longer time to piss another off than a father
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by AreaFada2: 12:44am On Feb 01, 2017
True but not always the case.

It is mostly biological. Mother carries pregnancy for 9 months, suckles for 6 months to a year, nurtures and you hang around her for years. A strong bond is formed. If your dad works in another city as a soldier, policeman or so, you may not see him for weeks or even months sometimes.

Of course you connect better with people you see often.

Remember, young dads die more often than young mums and there are far more single mums than single dads rearing kids.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Rozaybb(f): 12:45am On Feb 01, 2017
cus some fathers are bleeped up
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by KingSango(m): 12:49am On Feb 01, 2017
Ayima:
It is very common that when people talk about their parents,they always describe their mother emphatically as been good and helpful but when you ask them about their father? The usual response is haaaa! that one? He is just there o or you hear something like abeg leave that one with his wahala o. What are the reasons behind this?

Altruism the same quality of the Black Buffalo, deified as Oya.

This says it all. What a mother wouldn't do for her child. Lets not forget how many mothers die in child birth to give birth to life. How many mothers nurse sick and dying children at the neglect of everything. Altruism.
the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Sh6Bvh_Eg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2xrmJSnt9s

Mother is here:
https://gullahgeecheeworldtradeunion..com/2016/12/reclaim-your-honor-as-independent_16.html

1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 01, 2017
One reason I justify why I love women in general is this! A man and a woman both make love, presumably they both enjoyed themselves, balanced right? A woman get pregnant for nine months, she carry's the burden alone, balance tipped. after 9 months comes child birth, she carries that pain of child birth alone once again! Balance tipped!!! The man and woman both fvcked but the woman suffers the consequences!!! So why won't I love my mother more? You tell me!!! I am a guy and I expect my kids to love their mother more!!! It's only right!!!
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by begwong: 1:05am On Feb 01, 2017
Mothers are the ones always there in good times and in bad times. They can give you the last meal and sleep hungry!
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 01, 2017
Love both my parents but I'm closer to my mum because there was one day I was starving abroad and she called me right then as I prayed and assisted me

...the bond is more spiritual than anything
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by itznewmann(m): 1:50am On Feb 01, 2017
U no go understand
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 01, 2017
Pearly255:
My dad was never there, hasn't even set eyes on me in 20years but My MOM from day one always there I love her more than I love myself because she made me who I am today. Love you mom always kiss kiss smiley

wow, very touching,,,,sounds like my story also

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by abbey621(m): 2:22am On Feb 01, 2017
ayoolanr:
One reason I justify why I love women in general is this! A man and a woman both make love, presumably they both enjoyed themselves, balanced right? A woman get pregnant for nine months, she carry's the burden alone, balance tipped. after 9 months comes child birth, she carries that pain of child birth alone once again! Balance tipped!!! The man and woman both fvcked but the woman suffers the consequences!!! So why won't I love my mother more? You tell me!!! I am a guy and I expect my kids to love their mother more!!! It's only right!!!

And who pays for the medical bills? The antenatal? In Nigeria, who pays most of the house bills including rent? Who must ensure his family is safe, has a roof over their heads and discipline is maintained? Come to America and see how kids, teenagers and even adults long for a male role figure, most of their dads walked out on them. The roe of a father cannot be underestimated, it's best to love both parents and show no partiality!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 2:31am On Feb 01, 2017
abbey621:

And who pays for the medical bills? The antenatal? In Nigeria, who pays most of the house bills including rent? Who must ensure his family is safe, has a roof over their heads and discipline is maintained? Come to America and see how kids, teenagers and even adults long for a male role figure, most of their dads walked out on them. The roe of a father cannot be underestimated, it's best to love both parents and show no partiality!

All the stuff you have mentioned is not exclusively a man's role! Even if it were, these are roles that are determined by choice!! And I live in America thank you very much smiley!!! Not interested on arguing, but read my original comment again and you will see what I am getting at!!! This time read with an open mind and bin all the misogynist crap!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Olumaeme: 2:38am On Feb 01, 2017
I don't know coz I love my father more
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by abbey621(m): 2:44am On Feb 01, 2017
ayoolanr:

All the stuff you have mentioned is not exclusively a man's role! Even if it were, these are roles that are determined by choice!! And I live in America thank you very much smiley!!! Not interested on arguing, but read my original comment again and you will see what I am getting at!!! This time read with an open mind and bin all the misogynist crap!!!

Thanks for making my point, they are not exclusively a man's role but we know most men put themselves in such roles. It is a choice where the father chose to stick around and take care of his family. So you should love both equally cos they each have their strengths and weaknesses. Before you call someone misogynist perhaps you should take your own advice and be more open minded, understand the point the other person is trying to make and resist words like 'crap'.... grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jane Iyke Leaves Disturbing Note On Instagram / Photos From Lalasticlala's Daughter's Birthday Party / If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.