Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? (39147 Views)

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
I am actually closer to my Dad.

But Moms spend more time with the kids from the womb to babyhood into childhood.... So it's generally natural for a child to be more attached to the mom...
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by HQuadreal: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
Attention gotten from mother can't be compared with that of the father.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by rawpadgin(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
n
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by GJames(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
My dad is not just there o, I like the man finish but prefers mumsi sha
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by teemac01(m): 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
This OP needs his head checked...which kind yeye question you dey ask.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by HARDDON: 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
Wrong question:
It shld rather read:
Why do gurls luv their dad more n guys luv their momma more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by SKAMOD(m): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ayima:
It is very common that when people talk about their parents,they always describe their mother emphatically as been good and helpful but when you ask them about their father? The usual response is haaaa! that one? He is just there o or you hear something like abeg leave that one with his wahala o. What are the reasons behind this?

women a like Angels be it ur mum or bae.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by JVgal(f): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
Not everyone, love my dad more.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by kpolli(m): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ayima:
It is very common that when people talk about their parents,they always describe their mother emphatically as been good and helpful but when you ask them about their father? The usual response is haaaa! that one? He is just there o or you hear something like abeg leave that one with his wahala o. What are the reasons behind this?

Because while growing up, they spent more time with their mothers and received more from them
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by repogirl(f): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
Most mothers connect with their children's emotions, can empathise and are patient which cannot be said for most Fathers who only know how to push and push and have no patience.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by AlphaStyles(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
aah mama's get soft heart if no be them if ur feeding cash finish for skul u go die of hunger papa go be like don't call me till the month ends
moms all the way

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by kenzysmith: 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
because papa too dey harsh like coco ice

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by johnstar(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Bcus i came out of my mum womb, she carried me for 9months.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by martineverest(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
I like my father more

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by enshi(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
Humans are quite insatiable.....

You grew up with both parents and now the debate is who to love more...

Even if one passed on at a time, you still have a memory of him/her..... Reason you could compare between them

Pls how can i contribute to the topic inview, having no memories of any of mine

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
But I love my dad more than my mum, that man has my back anyday anytime ...he's my gist buddy..

everyone knows I'm my dad's bestie, he calls me "eye Mi" meaning "my mother" whenever he's happy..
I thank God always for giving me my dad..
he is the best....I love you dad..

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by LUCASC(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Never actually grew up with my parents, but from experience I know from my grandparents, I'm more closer to my grandmother dan my grandfather.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by orpyzman(m): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
Mother apparently appears to be the most loved by the children due to intimacy as a result of the suck, quality time spent together, and their backing. Mother appears to be the one providing child's essential even when father seems to be the one behind it. However, reverse is the case where a mother fails her responsibility.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by ipodstinks: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
CHOPUP411:
Because most of us suck breast

I beg like for mothers and share for fathers
I clicked both because both suffered for me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by spicymir(m): 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
because their mum showed dem more love :Pbcos their mum showed dem more love
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tinalex:
The same reason why 80% of guys nowadays are the way they are, "irresponsibility". Most men are just baby daddies and not fathers so they lay no good legacy for their sons/daughters. They go about saying "a woman runs the home and we are polygamous by nature" Hence the love for mothers. Go out there and see women hustling for the upkeep of their children. May every good father and mother reap the fruit of their labour.
well said, there is a difference between a daddy and a father
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by ThinkSmarter: 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Naturally, mothers re more caring than the fathers.
Mothers stays more with the kids than the fathers
Even from the womb to birth, there z this natural bond already built b/w the mother and child.
Mothers makes Sacrifices for their children, hence the children pay back with love and care.
#IamProudOfMyMum.
She z d Best Mama in the whole world
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by danilmo: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
Twizzy30:
Same here op. Na my momsie I like, if we watching movie in the sitting room nd pman enter, we go just disperse like smoke. That's when he's gonna start complaining abt hw u didn't do this n that very well.
grin.
as in eh..if popcy enter.out of reflex u go just they wise just like that and start remembering something u forgot to do since.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Pearly255(f): 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
These are some of the reasons!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
Edwinmason:
a little boy came back from school one day under a heavy rain..the boy enter the house and saw the father
FATHER: you foolish boy why didnt you wait for the rain to stop before u cum eh...now look at d way u wet yourself..the boy went to the mother
MOTHER: shai...this stupid rain cudnt wait for my baby to come back home b4 falling eh...come and take off your wet clothes let me go and prepare hot tea to warm yourself..
..OP be the judge yourself
Some mama go beat shegen color for your eye

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Ndlistic(m): 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Mother's care more.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
When it get to your turn u will understand
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by SmartMugu: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
NevetsIbot:
the only memory of the time i ever played with my father was at age 5,....... Before n after then...we were strangers... Till now....

Buh mum,... God bless her... My everyday playmate and gist padi
Very touching. Did you ever ask your mom what transpired between both of them before he left? You hearing both sides of the story may actually be helpful to you. You don't have to share it on social media, just get the whole facts and remember history repeats itself.

Oftentimes some parents have painted the other parent bad to turn their kids against them. Glad you have a caring mom, hearing from dad as well could let you know if he's caring or not - vs whatever you think you know about him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by oglalasioux(m): 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Not all mothers.
Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
The affection I have for my mother is almost at par with my father. I'll say 60%-40%.

Some of us are lucky to experience love and sacrifice from both of our parents... I don't joke with either of them

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Lexusgs430: 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ayima:

A good father, provides financially for his wife, children and Family.
A good mother, spends the money wisely. Hence mothers been better custodians of the financial provisions.
If only mother's always reminded the kids that, most of the nice gifts, food etc etc etc was provided for by the ATM in the house.......

The kids love mothers more because they believe mothers do it all........

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? by Pearly255(f): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
My dad was never there, hasn't even set eyes on me in 20years but My MOM from day one always there I love her more than I love myself because she made me who I am today. Love you mom always kiss kiss smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum / 5 Things Only Those Born With A Wooden Spoon Understand! / Underaged Girl Is Harassing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.