Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] (49397 Views)

Actress Yvonne Jegede Begs For Toasters “please Come Back Ati Lo Ati De’ / Rapper & Doctor Cherry Entafield Asks Her Fans To Rate Her Boobs. See Reactions / BBNaija: K.Brule Kneels Down, Begs Fans To Vote Him Back To House, Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by chidekings(m): 9:46am On Feb 02, 2017
dpete1:

How do u expect them to gain #20 on #100 pack

Then it's better for me to buy where it is cheaper for me with extra megabytes sef.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Omoluabi16(m): 9:49am On Feb 02, 2017
Cornerstone2020:

How many of us still go to commercial call centres to make call .we cannot be held back silly excuses. technology and innovation changes so should our lifestyles. even in more technologically Advanced countries poor exist they haven't die off .rather they are more innovative and creative
see, when we talk of innovation we apply it in wrong places.These same banks 'easing' our stress with innovation have terrible ATMS where like 1 out of 5 works. We were all delayed for like 30mins in one bank when they declared NO NETWORK. They should fix that first. this E.recharge is to their benefit really. dasallicansay.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by repogirl(f): 9:51am On Feb 02, 2017
Na wa o, so when I run out of airtime, you want me to waka to the main road to buy when I can just use the code to buy instantly? That would be foolish na.

The hawkers sef should find alternatives. In life you either evolve or go extinct.

5 Likes

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by pps1759(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2017
just recharge my line usin quicktela,cos of mb .i think she makes a point
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by homesteady(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2017
Over the years, many businesses has closed down due to technological advancement, this recharge card business wouldn't be the first! Even many skilled labour have gone into extinction!
Besides the situation is not that bad, I still see people buying recharge cards! I can only buy from the vendors when I'm trying to find change, apart from that, I use my mobile app!
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Pyramid1212: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Yvonne if you can promise me you would hawk recharge card from now till October 1st

I promise to buy MTN 1k5 everyday from you undecided
u b ewu maga u dnt hv brain
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Xzbit91: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2017
Orpe7:

Using fiction to make a point. Bro u are high on something

Don't mind him, using American science fiction as Nigerian history record
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Pyramid1212: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2017
repogirl:
Na wa o, so when I run out of airtime, you want me to waka to the main road to buy when I can just use the code to buy instantly? That would be foolish na.

The hawkers sef should find alternatives. In life you either evolve or go extinct.
u r stupid very very stupid ur mother is in d village do even hv moneyb in ur acct u sayin hawkers shld die fool lik u
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by obailala(m): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2017
Makes sense... kiss
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by homesteady(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2017
Pyramid1212:
u r stupid very very stupid ur mother is in d village do even hv moneyb in ur acct u sayin hawkers shld die fool lik u

Recharge card vendor spotted grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by dyabman(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2017
ejosh4:

Don't just post because odas are posting.....Pray to God that WHEN ODAS ARE USING THEIR SENSES DIS YEAR I SHOULD NOT BE FOUND WANTING.....Make dis ur everyday prayer and u shall see d tremendous change in ur thinking faculty....Good Morning

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by makdcash(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2017
Sigh!

Cornerstone2020:
Nonsense!! we are talking of convenience, is it the only way you can help poor one's around you.

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by mario383: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2017
donfemo:
There is a true message in this, Lets buy from the hawkers some people cannot make a living anymore.
True story but we who are of age may not easily go out and buy or sometimes, our grandchildren are not a available. Anyway because of the true nature of this story, I will try from today. Besides, the story is defferent from the real propaganda from Buhari's apc.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2017
When they will be selling 1k card for 1050 naira in my area. Why won't I recharge from bank. Plus no stress of leaving house or office then scratching.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Xzbit91: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2017
repogirl:

A 5min walk won't kill you, do away with the sedentary lifestyle that is gradually killing us. A year ago you were trekking to that main road without complaining
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 02, 2017
Better days awaits Recharge card vendors....mark my word grin
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by uctomide(m): 10:07am On Feb 02, 2017
I strongly subscribe to her (Yvonne jegede)opinion, sometimes last year I tried getting airtime from my bank using d ussd code after which my account was debited and till today haven't gotten value for d card. called their customer care n was told d transaction was successful.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Limitless72(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2017
True talk though,,,but does this stop her from using quickteller or mobile app tomorrow..?
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by IcemanP(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2017
Cornerstone2020:

Stop quoting me before Satan will punish you fool.what I stated is the obvious truth. since when did recharge card business become lucrative.

oga recharge card bizz na person hustle, support it not kill it, if it was not lucrative people wont do it
dont kill sum1 means of surviving means because u want tO make banks richer. FOOL wey satan build fence for him brain
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by tiwiex(m): 10:09am On Feb 02, 2017
donfemo:
There is a true message in this, Lets buy from the hawkers some people cannot make a living anymore.

It made me realize banks are taking undue advantage of their technology to encroach where they chose. Government needs to regulate and supervise.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by gabbytabby: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2017
Country hard oh. Make we all support the small businesses.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by willibounce1(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2017
There are some estates where you won't find hawkers. So sorry, we need to buy online when we need it urgently.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by sekem: 10:16am On Feb 02, 2017
voicelez:
She has a point but you cant help everybody. Maybe we should stop cooking too, to avoid restaurants from closing up

Exactly!!!

Like telling men to go an' marry and stop patronizing prostitutes.

Nice advice but dead on arrival.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by repogirl(f): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2017
Xzbit91:

A 5min walk won't kill you, do away with the sedentary lifestyle that is gradually killing us. A year ago you were trekking to that main road without complaining
I can give you a million other things that have changed/evolved for good in a year. It is not a sedentary lifestyle, it's just evolution. There was a time it was the norm to go to a call centre to make calls, now with cheap call rates, that business is extinct.

Sitting in one place and selling recharge card,hoping and praying that people will patronise you when there are easier methods makes absolutely no sense.

I, like many other people would rather put my time to profitable use than waste it just because I want to dash someone N5 profit. If a business is dying, it's time to move on.

This one Yvonne Jegede is doing will not work. What's dying is dying. Imagine telling me to enter bus because the drivers need the money when I have my own car. Does that make sense? Or I should go to a cyber cafe to browse because they need the jobs, when I have a phone and data?

If something is not working, that's your cue to move on because time and technology will wait for noone.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Nickymezor(f): 10:19am On Feb 02, 2017
Dats so true.Mehn ! I can't rem the last tym I patronised a R.card vendor again
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by AZeD1(m): 10:21am On Feb 02, 2017
It's a dog eat dog world. Innovate or die.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by repogirl(f): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2017
Pyramid1212:
I am stupid very very stupid my mother is in d village do even hv moneyb in my acct I sayin hawkers shld die fool lik me
Bros, why is it paining you like this?

I did not say hawkers should die oooo. I only said if your business is not moving, change it but I understand you don't have the mental capacity to understand what I said. That's possibly why you are still selling recharge cards when smart business people have moved on to the next thing.

Instead of taking your frustration on me, abeg go and protest at the banks where they have set up the systems to make their customers lives easier because whether you like it or Yes, recharge card business is going extinct.
Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by finofaya: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2017
Her request is not reasonable at all. Technology has taken over those jobs as it always does and people need to face reality. Business is about providing value for money. If it weren't none of us would ever buy a foreign made good when there is a Nigerian alternative, since patronizing Nigerian business is the charitable thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by LorDBolton(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2017
ejosh4:

Don't just post because odas are posting.....Pray to God that WHEN ODAS ARE USING THEIR SENSES DIS YEAR I SHOULD NOT BE FOUND WANTING.....Make dis ur everyday prayer and u shall see d tremendous change in ur thinking faculty....Good Morning
The Dude made sense, it's you who typed NONSENSE

Let's stop patronising mr biggs, kfc, domino's pizza, etc infact all other big companies too as far as there are other local sellers of these products who néed the money too?

Like he said it's about CONVENIENCE, I don't buy from banks because I don't receive BONUS credit in my glo bumpa acct, so I only buy from street retailers, but why will I tell people to inconvenience themselves (if it's easier for them to buy from banks) cos they want to patronise street retailers?

Did europe/asia grow by such dumb actions? It's a jungle out there adapt and change or wither away and die.

Why can't the street retailers 'evolve' their own services? E.g go house to house in their area and hand out cards telling them to call him/her if they need cred?

That's what a lady did while I was in school and she was making enough to put herself through school.

If she could be innovative why can't others?

Africans are at the BOTTOM OF THE RACE INDEX because of uninspired reasoning like yours.

Even in lagos traffic i've met innovative hawkers who tease u into patronage while some 'wait' for you to call them.

Make this your prayer... LORD WHERE PEOPLE ARE STRATEGISING AND COMING UP WITH INNOVATIVE IDEAS TO GROW THEIR BUSINESS/INTEREST MAY I NOT BE FOUND WANTING.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Jegede Begs Fans To Stop Buying Airtime From Nigerian Banks [PICS] by Xzbit91: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2017
repogirl:
I can give you a million other things that have changed/evolved for good in a year. It is not a sedentary lifestyle, it's just evolution. There was a time it was the norm to go to a call centre to make calls, now with cheap call rates, that business is extinct.

Sitting in one place and selling recharge card,hoping and praying that people will patronise you when there are easier methods makes absolutely no sense.

I, like many other people would rather put my time to profitable use than waste it just because I want to dash someone N5 profit. If a business is dying, it's time to move on.

This one Yvonne Jegede is doing will not work. What's dying is dying. Imagine telling me to enter bus because the drivers need the money when I have my own car. Does that make sense? Or I should go to a cyber cafe to browse because they need the jobs, when I have a phone and data?

If something is not working, that's your cue to move on because time and technology will wait for noone.

I know all you've said, you emphasized walking to the main road as the major reason why you don't patronize vendors that's why I quoted you in the first place.

Your bus and private car example does not apply because asides from a private car been a convenience, it's a luxury many can't afford.

Cafés might be obsolete in terms of browsing but when it comes to exam registrations (utme etal) and printing out forms your phone is useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toolz Oniru Flaunts Purple Hair, Boobs But No Hips In New Picture / Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why / Desmond Elliot And Chioma Chukwuka Akpotha's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.